Ty Graves

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ty Graves

Postby gamer5252 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:08 pm

There has to be more to this story... Why would he leave in middle of year when he's not gonna get the year back of eligibility. The kid wAs committed to bc for almost two years and he leaves when he realizes bowman is better? Pretty gutless and selfish move on the surface... There was still plenty of minutes available
gamer5252
n00b

Re: Ty Graves

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:04 pm

If you sell playing time and then a guy realizes he is not going to get it, you can't blame him. Assuming this isn't some flukey hot streak from Bowman, I think Graves made the right call for his hoops career.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Graves's father is heavily involved in this circus.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:16 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:If you sell playing time and then a guy realizes he is not going to get it, you can't blame him. Assuming this isn't some flukey hot streak from Bowman, I think Graves made the right call for his hoops career.

Graves at 5 foot whatever isn't playing basketball for a living.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby longdistanceeagle on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Epstein is correct. The father controls everything the kid does. When he didn't get time at Monteverde, he moved him out. The morning after the Hartford game the old man was at JC's office. It did not go well. That is when the father pulled the kid out. The coaches had no problem with the kid as a person. He just doesn't know how to play the point and couldn't play any aspect of team defense.
longdistanceeagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:29 pm

longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Epstein is correct. The father controls everything the kid does. When he didn't get time at Monteverde, he moved him out. The morning after the Hartford game the old man was at JC's office. It did not go well. That is when the father pulled the kid out. The coaches had no problem with the kid as a person. He just doesn't know how to play the point and couldn't play any aspect of team defense.

Maybe someone should coach him.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Primetime on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
longdistanceeagle {l Wrote}:Epstein is correct. The father controls everything the kid does. When he didn't get time at Monteverde, he moved him out. The morning after the Hartford game the old man was at JC's office. It did not go well. That is when the father pulled the kid out. The coaches had no problem with the kid as a person. He just doesn't know how to play the point and couldn't play any aspect of team defense.

Let's say you have two brand new employees, Employee A and Employee B. Employee A just seems to learn faster than Employee B, gets the work done better and more quickly, and your clients prefer working with him. Employee B could either (1) try to get better at your company or (2) leave.

That's life - can't see it as any more or any less without any juicy details from either camp.
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Primetime {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Let's say you have two brand new employees, Employee A and Employee B. Employee A just seems to learn faster than Employee B, gets the work done better and more quickly, and your clients prefer working with him. Employee B could either (1) try to get better at your company or (2) leave.

That's life - can't see it as any more or any less without any juicy details from either camp.

Be better at recruiting then.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

They recruited two point guards and one of them is playing like Steve Francis

what the heck do you want
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

They recruited two point guards and one of them is playing like Steve Francis

what the heck do you want

Less exaggeration and rosters with more than 4 good players.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 25GeraldRd on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:10 am

Graves started and played 24 minutes in the Hartford game; Bowman only played 9. the Auburn game was where his minutes dipped to 8, Bowman played 32.

i agree with TW - its on the coach to convince the Dad and kid to calm down and play out the season and figure out ways to get him on the court. he was shooting 36% from 3 and can handle the ball, so he has some skills and could help in certain situations. we are way way too shallow to be letting kids leave over playing time. its an easy sales job - convince them Graves won't develop sitting out and losing a year of eligibility versus being a guy who comes off the bench. did Christian even try out going small and playing Bowman-Graves-Robinson together? with Turner and Tava you'd be undersized, but could also push the tempo relentlessly and guard full court.

that said, Graves and his dad sound like selfish prima donnas so maybe its best their gone.

unfortunate situation all around.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:25 am

There's no doubt you can't have two starting PGs. But if you keep ending up with one PG period, you are doing it wrong.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I agree with you a lot, but this is dumb
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

There are three choices here:

1. Coaches can teach kids to play PG and defense, in which case, they should have done so; or

2. Players come ready-made, in which case they recruited a player that can't play in a vital spot for the program; or

3. Some combination of both.

Kid's father might be a shit head, and I am sure that is why he left, but saying he can't play on his way on his way out the door is an indictment of the staff, not an excuse for not caring about his departure.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby gamer5252 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:37 am

Thank you LDE... Any father who walks into the office of a Division 1 school 12 games into his kid's freshman season is pathetic... Sounds like the typical entitlement generation... There was still plenty of minutes to be had and the kid just wasted a season because daddy didn't like the answer he got...Im sure he was told he needed to earn minutes just like everyone else and that there were facets of his game that needed work and daddy didn't like it... what a joke... you talk abouta kid that will never be mentally tough... That was his style, there was zero toughness with the kid, just wanted to chuck 3's and play aau defense
gamer5252
n00b

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:13 am

I know millenials suck and all but leaving places because of playing time and meddling parents isn't exactly a new development in athletics.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:30 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I know millenials suck and all but leaving places because of playing time and meddling parents isn't exactly a new development in athletics.

Ty Graves dad is a millenial? Man, he works quick. Maybe we should get him on that new facilites project
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

1. Coaches can teach kids to play PG and defense, in which case, they should have done so; or

2. Players come ready-made, in which case they recruited a player that can't play in a vital spot for the program; or

Kid's father might be a shit head, and I am sure that is why he left, but saying he can't play on his way on his way out the door is an indictment of the staff, not an excuse for not caring about his departure.

Graves can 100% play D1 ball, but after 4 years the fun ends because he isn't playing professionally.

Not sure who said he can't play.

Transferring after 10 games is dumb no matter how you want to slice it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:32 pm

gamer5252 {l Wrote}:Thank you LDE... Any father who walks into the office of a Division 1 school 12 games into his kid's freshman season is pathetic... Sounds like the typical entitlement generation... There was still plenty of minutes to be had and the kid just wasted a season because daddy didn't like the answer he got...Im sure he was told he needed to earn minutes just like everyone else and that there were facets of his game that needed work and daddy didn't like it... what a joke... you talk abouta kid that will never be mentally tough... That was his style, there was zero toughness with the kid, just wanted to chuck 3's and play aau defense

His defense or lackthereof was the reason he wasn't playing. It's not just that he was small, there was a notable lack of effort.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Graves can 100% play D1 ball, but after 4 years the fun ends because he isn't playing professionally.

I bolded the part to which I was responding. My comment about coaching was directly addressed to that comment, and not his reasons for leaving. I think we all agree the kid did something dumb and the father sounds like an ass. I'm just noting that justifying this failure from the coaches perspective (either of coaching or recruiting) by saying that he can't play PG or defense on his way out is (a) unnecessary; and (b) a self indictment.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I bolded the part to which I was responding. My comment about coaching was directly addressed to that comment, and not his reasons for leaving. I think we all agree the kid did something dumb and the father sounds like an ass. I'm just noting that justifying this failure from the coaches perspective (either of coaching or recruiting) by saying that he can't play PG or defense on his way out is (a) unnecessary; and (b) a self indictment.

I took the bolded comment to be an explanation as to why his playing time dropped.

The coaches didn't have Options 1 or 3 in your decision tree because the player (or his dad) didn't seem willing to develop to earn more playing time.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I took the bolded comment to be an explanation as to why his playing time dropped.

The coaches didn't have Options 1 or 3 in your decision tree because the player (or his dad) didn't seem willing to develop to earn more playing time.

Maybe. Whatever the excuse, one PG again.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:42 am

I don't know if anyone else missed this but he has been in the news of late:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/educ ... c0f44.html

Title IX report complete after SLU basketball players were accused of sexual assault. What now?

By Ashley Jost and Stu Durando St. Louis Post-Dispatch

ST. LOUIS • An attorney for several St. Louis University basketball players who were accused of sexually assaulting three women in September says he has reviewed the final report from the school’s investigation.

Attorney Scott Rosenblum received the report involving his clients after it was generated through SLU’s Title IX process.

Meanwhile, the university has stayed mum on the issue, pointing to federal student privacy laws. President Fred Pestello has given two updates, one in the days after the women’s accusations and another on Dec. 4.

Rosenblum represents three of the four men who were accused of sexually assaulting the women in an on-campus apartment Sept. 24. Another attorney, John Rogers, is representing the fourth man. No other details of the alleged assault have been released.

It was unclear whether the parties involved have met with a SLU hearing officer or if the hearing officer has made a decision in the case after reviewing the investigation report and recommendation done by an outside counsel.

When asked via email whether his clients would need to file an appeal, Rosenblum said he was “considering all options.”

The Title IX process runs concurrently to a separate, ongoing investigation by St. Louis police, which was still considered to be an open case as of Wednesday.

Rogers told the Post-Dispatch in September that he would “be shocked if charges are pursued by the circuit attorney’s office.”

Title IX, the federal sex discrimination law, gives colleges guidance on handling cases of sexual violence, harassment and other discriminatory practices. The process is often misunderstood, while critics argue such investigations should be left to police.

Three players — Adonys Henriquez, Jermaine Bishop and Ty Graves — have not played in the team’s first 13 games or been allowed in the arena during games. The university has not commented on their absences. All have participated in practice throughout the season, and two have traveled with the team on two road trips. The fourth accused player has not missed a game.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:29 pm

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/roths ... c-central/

This kid's fallen a long way from where he started
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Suspect the baggage is the reason for that.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:03 pm

im sure this isn't his last college
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:im sure this isn't his last college

not really many places to fall further than nc central. elon maybe... or guilford community
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Shouldn't he be in the NBA by now?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:https://www.fanragsports.com/news/rothstein-ty-graves-commits-to-nc-central/

This kid's fallen a long way from where he started

Has no one to blame but his Dad
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:53 pm

or himself for that whole 'trouble with the law' thing
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy