Time to dump the dazzler thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Time to dump the dazzler thread

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Can I get an AMEN!

I mean, honestly, this offensive football team is challenging the Spaziani teams as a lifeless, soulless, useless and not worthy of continuing fan masochism fiasco.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Re: Time to dump the dazzler thread

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Like Towles, he has regressed.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Daz beat this team in Year 1 and 2 with far less talent.

I don't get what is going on here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:57 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Daz beat this team in Year 1 and 2 with far less talent.

We got lucky with AW and Murphy

FHCRD. Coincidence? I think not!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Rettig and AW should be in the BCHoF just for dealing with these two morons.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:59 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Daz beat this team in Year 1 and 2 with far less talent.

We got lucky with AW and Murphy

Not sure this is fair.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Maybe the shouldn't have hired a guy who regressed at Temple in the first place.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:03 pm

O for the ACC looks possible.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Yeah but then this administration would hire somebody. That's the problem
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Wow. This is really surprising. I hoped for a win, expected a loss, but the worst offensive and defensive performance in all 4 Daz years is surprising.

- Offense can't open a running lane.
- Towles look lost.
- Receivers not getting open.
- Defense getting absolutely no pressure on the QB at all.
- DB's may be the most athletic and fastest we've ever had, but apparently they have no idea how to defend a receiver.
- So many penalties. PI's may be questionable, but so many false starts. Just no discipline.

Utter ineptitude. Only non-disasters are the rush defense and the pass protection, but other than that, this is worse than the worst loss last year. At least the Duke and Wake losses last year the defense played well. This is just terrible...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:17 pm

I have been on fire on Twitter all game. THIS IS SICK!!!! (I try to be a nice person, I really do....but I've had enough!!) Screw this crap!!!!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:41 pm

I give up. BC shouldn't lose by this much.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Leahy has gotten exactly what he set out to do, destroy the athletic department and drive all the fans away! FUCK LEAHY that son of Iowa Swine farmers!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:45 pm

One thing I appreciated about Daz was that he quickly injected some respectability back into BC after the last 3 years of Spaz. The 3-9 season last year was really bad and a big set back but even in that season we had a defense that was respected... this type of performance just makes the program look like a joke. I'll get yelled at for "we are what we are" but I don't have high expectations for BC in any given year, I thought Daz could meet that pretty low bar of 7-8 wins, competitive, great O-Line, good defense, a few upsets, a few stinkers, etc., everyone here knows the type of season. But between last year and this year so far I don't think Daz has it. I'm out.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:47 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Wow. This is really surprising. I hoped for a win, expected a loss, but the worst offensive and defensive performance in all 4 Daz years is surprising.

- Towles look lost.
- DB's may be the most athletic and fastest we've ever had, but apparently they have no idea how to defend a receiver.
- So many penalties. PI's may be questionable, but so many false starts. Just no discipline.

Utter ineptitude. Only non-disasters are the rush defense and the pass protection, but other than that, this is worse than the worst loss last year. At least the Duke and Wake losses last year the defense played well. This is just terrible...

I'm looking forward to your Counterbalance of Optimism post this week.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Can we all agree we are now in the Daz lame duck period? It may last however long but, I mean, this has to be it.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:52 pm

DONT HIRE ANY MORE COACHES WITH A Z IN THEIR NAME
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:52 pm

Daz is gone at the end of this year. The players should be right behind him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:53 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Can we all agree we are now in the Daz lame duck period? It may last however long but, I mean, this has to be it.

You mean there's a lame duck period before a contract extension?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:54 pm

It seems like the only people that can't see how incredibly stupid this man is reside in the Yawkey center.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:55 pm

I'd be all for termination of the Dazzler if I knew we would make a decent hire.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:56 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Wow. This is really surprising. I hoped for a win, expected a loss, but the worst offensive and defensive performance in all 4 Daz years is surprising.

- Towles look lost.

I'm looking forward to your Counterbalance of Optimism post this week.

Wagner and Buffalo up next! I think that's literally the only thing I have.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:57 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:a radio segment devoted to how badly he sucked as an OC at UF

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XK4YDVWZ764

Funny how they mention how VTech hated Loeefffler much like Florida hated Daz.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I'd be all for termination of the Dazzler if I knew we would make a decent hire.

This.

In the same way that replacing Spaz didn't fix things, in the same way that replacing GDF didn't fix things, replacing Daz and replacing Bates won't change anything. This is direct result of the administrations lack of interest in football success. It's going to take a top down renewed commitment to athletic success to really change things.

I won't be happy unless build top to bottom new facilities, drop DBS and the tailgating restrictions, and pay whatever it takes ($20m per year) to hire Saban.
Last edited by dtwalrus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:02 pm

- Towles look lost.

I guess this is a real indictment coming from one who wears the rosiest, most distorting blinders posting here.

Pass protection a non-disaster, huh?

This was a classroom text book example of ineptitude, first and foremost in the coaching/preparation arena. If I was really caring at this point I might have suggested that Loeffler bagged the game for his old team.

This could easily become the second 0 fer ACC season, given the potential future beat downs and the consequential risk of the team quitting on this bald, inept HC.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Three games into the season and the team has already quit on their meatball coach.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:04 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

- Towles look lost.

I guess this is a real indictment coming from one who wears the rosiest, most distorting blinders posting here.

This was a classroom text book example of ineptitude, first and foremost in the coaching/preparation arena. If I was really caring at this point I might have suggested that Loeffler bagged the game for his old team.

This could easily become the second 0 fer ACC season, given the potential future beat downs and the consequential risk of the team quitting on this bald, inept HC.

I mean, even in that shitshow I don't think the pass protection was a particular problem. The passes that were being protected sucked, sure
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:

- Towles look lost.

I mean, even in that shitshow I don't think the pass protection was a particular problem. The passes that were being protected sucked, sure

Exactly. Towles actually had time. Even when VT brought the house BC generally did a pretty good job with protection. Towles looks terrified out there and makes bad decisions. That plus the fact that our receivers can't get open and can't catch balls when they are open, were the big problems with the "throw game" today.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:08 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:DONT HIRE ANY MORE COACHES WITH A Z IN THEIR NAME

No more Italians (for fear Pasqualoni gets promoted)
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:10 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I'd be all for termination of the Dazzler if I knew we would make a decent hire.

This.

In the same way that replacing Spaz didn't fix things, in the same way that replacing GDF didn't fix things, replacing Daz and replacing Bates won't change anything. This is direct result of the administrations lack of interest in football success. It's going to take a top down renewed commitment to athletic success to really change things.

I won't be happy unless build top to bottom new facilities, drop DBS and the tailgating restrictions, and pay whatever it takes ($20m per year) to hire Saban.

Bingo.

The $20m for Saban thing is hyperbole obviously, but they do need to throw serious dollars at a proven program builder. Do it in conjunction with new facilities and things would turn quickly. The issue is that there's no way BC is willing to commit those kind of resources to athletics unless there's a threat of losing the ACC handout on the table for their continued place alongside Kansas as the biggest disgrace of a program in the Power 5.
Last edited by EagleDave on Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium