Joe Paterno dies at 85

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Joe Paterno dead and loving it!

Postby hansen on Fri May 06, 2016 12:23 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/court_filing_says_joe_paterno.html

Just in time for the Derby, Kirby Puckett is putting on the silks and Barbaro is approaching the starting gate.

Can someone remind me how Barbaro ended up in hell again?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 06, 2016 1:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/court_filing_says_joe_paterno.html

Just in time for the Derby, Kirby Puckett is putting on the silks and Barbaro is approaching the starting gate.

Can someone remind me how Barbaro ended up in hell again?

PRIDE
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby Endless Mike on Sun May 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Burn Penn State to the ground and salt the earth.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun May 08, 2016 7:22 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Just as the calls to re-erect the statue were slowly creeping into the public conversation.

I would be okay with a blindfolded JoePa statue that says SHAME on the bottom of it.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun May 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Just as the calls to re-erect the statue were slowly creeping into the public conversation.

I would be okay with a blindfolded JoePa statue that says SHAME on the bottom of it.

With a shower head behind him as an accent
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon May 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I would vote for the sign to say See No Evil
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Re: Joe Paterno dead and loving it

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:33 am

The latest - he knew!: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... ge%2Fstory

A man testified in court in 2014 that Penn State football coach Joe Paterno ignored his complaints of a sexual assault committed by assistant coach Jerry Sandusky in 1976 when the man was a 14-year-old boy, according to new court documents unsealed Tuesday in a Philadelphia court.

The victim, who was identified in court records as John Doe 150, said that while he was attending a football camp at Penn State, Sandusky touched him as he showered. Sandusky’s finger penetrated the boy’s rectum, Doe testified in court in 2014, and the victim asked to speak with Paterno about it. Doe testified that he specifically told Paterno that Sandusky had sexually assaulted him, and Paterno ignored it.

“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, ‘I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?'” the man’s lawyer asked him in 2014.

“Specifically. Yes … I was shocked, disappointed, offended. I was insulted… I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”

Paterno, the man testified, just walked away.

Collectively, the documents contain multiple allegations of incidents involving Sandusky acting improperly with young boys witnessed by or reported to several Penn State athletics officials over a 22-year time span before the first time someone notified law enforcement, in 1998. The documents stem from an insurance lawsuit over allegations that a boy told Paterno that Sandusky was abusing young boys. Sandusky was sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in prison after his conviction in 2012.

Ordered unsealed by Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Judge Gary Glazer, the records contain a number of details about claims that Penn State football assistant coaches witnessed “inappropriate contact” and “sexual contact” between Sandusky and a child in 1987 and 1988. The timing of the incidents described in the testimony calls into question how it took so long for Sandusky’s rampant child abuse to come to light.

A man identified in court documents as John Doe 75 testified that, in 1987, when he was a 13-year-old boy, an assistant coach at Penn State witnessed Sandusky with his hand down the boy’s shorts and did nothing. The boy and Sandusky were alone in a coaches’ meeting room, and Sandusky was touching the boy, Doe testified, when assistant coach Joe Sarra walked into the meeting room. Startled, Sarra, immediately left and closed the door behind him, and Sandusky kissed the boy on his forehead, Doe 75 testified.

Sarra died in 2012.

A man identified as John Doe 101 testified in 2014 that knowledge of Sandusky consorting in questionable ways with young boys who were not his children was well-known within the Penn State football program.

In 1988, Doe 101 said, a weight room assistant named Kevin O’Dea saw the boy lying on a black leather couch in an athletics facility, in his underwear, with Sandusky seated on the floor rubbing the boy’s back.

“Did Mr. O’Dea say anything when he came in and saw that?,” his lawyer asked.

“No,” Doe 101 said.

O’Dea, who last coached with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, did not immediately respond to request for comment Tuesday morning.

Doe 101 also testified it was well-known to the team and coaches that boys stayed in Sandusky’s room with him in the team hotel the night before home games in State College, and that he routinely showered with Sandusky and other coaches – including Paterno – and no one raised an eyebrow as Sandusky lathered up a boy who was not his son and engaging in “horseplay.”

“Would any of the other coaches bring young men back … and shower with them?,” his lawyer asked.

“Some of the coaches’ sons would come in and work out,” Doe 101 said. “But I don’t believe I ever saw any, just, coaches bringing random children in and showering with them.”

The family of Paterno, who died in January 2012, denied in a statement Tuesday that any coverup had taken place. It regarded the university’s $93 million payout to 32 victims as a step taken “without fully assessing the underlying facts” and “something that the University obviously felt they had to do to help resolve this matter.”

The Paternos said through their representative:

From the beginning, the Paterno family has been outspoken in their desire for the complete truth in the Sandusky tragedy. They have also repeatedly called for due process for all affected parties. With this latest release of information, the total mishandling of the Sandusky investigation is highlighted once again.

The overwhelming evidence confirms that Joe Paterno never engaged in a cover up of Jerry Sandusky’s crimes. Multiple independent parties have confirmed this conclusion. In fact, consistent with University rules, Joe reported an allegation about Sandusky to administration officials. As President Barron stated in his message to the University earlier today, an environment where faculty and staff feel protected in reporting wrongdoing is a key objective of the University.

The materials released today relating to Joe Paterno allege a conversation that occurred decades ago where all parties except the accuser are now dead. In addition, there are numerous specific elements of the accusations that defy all logic and have never been subjected to even the most basic objective examination. Most significantly, there is extensive evidence that stands in stark contrast to this claim.

That Penn State chose to settle claims without fully assessing the underlying facts is something that the University obviously felt they had to do to help resolve this matter. We understand their desire for closure, but it does not remotely validate the assertions about an uncorroborated conversation with Joe Paterno.

When the Sandusky scandal first became public in 2011, there was a lot of rhetoric in the media about using this case as a model to help prevent other child sex abuse scandals. Sadly, one of the lessons from the Sandusky tragedy is how not to investigate a crime of this type.

[Previously: Penn State players ask for Joe Paterno statue to be restored]

The documents came to light in May, when a line in a court order noted that one of Penn State’s insurers claimed that “in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU’s Head Coach Joseph Paterno that he [the child] was sexually molested by Sandusky.” The order also cited the 1987 and 1988 references to unnamed assistant coaches witnessing the contact between Sandusky and unidentified children and a 1988 case that allegedly was referred to Penn State’s athletic director. According to a review of the case file by PennLive, the order states that all of this is in victims’ depositions taken as part of an insurance case that is still pending.

Sports Break newsletter
National sports news, in your inbox daily.
“There is no evidence that reports of these incidents ever went further up the chain of command at PSU,” Glazer wrote in May. He determined that because Penn State’s president and trustees were unaware of the allegations, he would not bar claims from that time frame from insurance coverage.

[Previously: Penn State payments cover Sandusky accusations from as early as 1971]

Penn State President Eric Barron, in a statement on the university’s website, writes:

Penn State’s overriding concern has been, and remains, for the victims of Jerry Sandusky. While individuals hold different opinions, and may draw different inferences from the testimony about former Penn State employees, speculation by Penn State is not useful. We must be sensitive to all individuals involved, and especially to those who may be victims of child sexual abuse. It also makes it much more difficult for Penn State to create an environment where victims of sexual abuse feel comfortable coming forward and where students, faculty and staff feel protected in reporting wrongdoing.

Although settlements have been reached, it also is important to reiterate that the alleged knowledge of former Penn State employees is not proven, and should not be treated as such. Some individuals deny the claims, and others are unable to defend themselves.

Speculation also serves to drive a wedge within the Penn State community. I would ask that we remember our University’s primary mission is to focus on research, education and service. Let’s be respectful of other viewpoints and focus on our mission. The University is committed to ensuring our campuses are safe for children, and to ongoing prevention and education programs and research that contribute to a better society.

Last month, the NCAA announced that it wanted to question two men who claim they were sexually abused by Sandusky in the ‘70s as part of a defamation lawsuit filed against the organization by Paterno’s family. One of the men has asked that his identity be protected.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:02 am

color me shocked
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:15 am

But...but... JOE PA!!!
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:16 am

they should put his statue back up but remove the ears to symbolize his unwillingness to listen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:20 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:they should put his statue back up but remove the ears to symbolize his unwillingness to listen

Remove the ears and add a fully-aroused Barbaro preparing to mount him from behind.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:40 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:they should put his statue back up but remove the ears to symbolize his unwillingness to listen

Remove the ears and add a fully-aroused Barbaro preparing to mount him from behind.

i figured you would prefer caitlyn jenner or someone of his ilk
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I don't think Caitlyn Jenner is in hell yet, just Malibu
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

good point. well, who's a famous dead tranny that we can use for this then? jm j. bullock?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCHerbert on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

good point. well, who's a famous dead tranny that we can use for this then? jm j. bullock?

Unfortunately, Bullock is still alive.
How about Divine?
What a disgusting fat fuck....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_(performer)
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:22 am

McQueary said Bradley told him that he'd been approached by someone in the '80s who saw Sandusky "doing something to a boy" and that in the '90s, former assistant coach Greg Schiano saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy.

"Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower," McQueary testified.

Schiano is now the defensive coordinator at Ohio State. He didn't reply to an email seeking comment.

The Patron Saint of Rapists is a phenomenal addition to this legacy.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:16 pm

The statue with his finger raised now has new meaning based on that testimony.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:18 pm

joe's responding to the latest allegations from beyond the grave...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:38 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:McQueary said Bradley told him that he'd been approached by someone in the '80s who saw Sandusky "doing something to a boy" and that in the '90s, former assistant coach Greg Schiano saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy.

"Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower," McQueary testified.

Schiano is now the defensive coordinator at Ohio State. He didn't reply to an email seeking comment.

How in god's name was that admissible?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:47 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:McQueary said Bradley told him that he'd been approached by someone in the '80s who saw Sandusky "doing something to a boy" and that in the '90s, former assistant coach Greg Schiano saw Sandusky in the shower with a boy.

Seriously. The first rule of evidence: "What happens in the rape room, stays in the rape room."
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:00 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Seriously. The first rule of evidence: "What happens in the rape room, stays in the rape room."

Or, "ask the guy that actually saw it."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

sounds like the "save ferris" defense
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Second rule of evidence: Never talk about rape room.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:17 pm

There was a period of time where I felt a little disappointed that this was how Joe Paterno's legacy was ending, with this scandal. That feeling went away over time and, if it wasn't completely gone before, it is now. In all seriousness, fuck that school, fuck its fans, fuck its administration, and fuck its child rapist enabling football coach. If anyone is advocating for the statue to get put back up after this they are brain dead.

I understand nothing is proven and these are "alleged" accusations, but Penn State has given me no reason to believe them. If Paterno knew about this since 1976 and did nothing, then I hope he is enjoying his time in hell. Fuck them.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:07 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:There was a period of time where I felt a little disappointed that this was how Joe Paterno's legacy was ending, with this scandal. That feeling went away over time and, if it wasn't completely gone before, it is now. In all seriousness, fuck that school, fuck its fans, fuck its administration, and fuck its child rapist enabling football coach. If anyone is advocating for the statue to get put back up after this they are brain dead.

I understand nothing is proven and these are "alleged" accusations, but Penn State has given me no reason to believe them. If Paterno knew about this since 1976 and did nothing, then I hope he is enjoying his time in hell. Fuck them.

His son and the rest of his dayg family is completely delusional. Just insane. At some point you just gotta suck it up, change your last name, and fade into obscurity. :bag
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Isn't this just a released deposition transcript? Might it not have been precluded later?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:23 am

The first line says "a man in court testified". I just assumed he testified in court
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:26 am

But yes, if this is from the civil case rather than the criminal case you are correct.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: Joe Paterno dead & loving it

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:58 am

Are there any lawyers on this board???
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:09 pm

they are honoring him before the temple game

http://onwardstate.com/2016/09/01/penn- ... mple-game/
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium