Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:27 pm

hawks in 4 or 5.

we nearly beat them with 2 of our top 3 defensemen on broken somethings. keith seabrook oduya and hjalmersson will tame their top 2 lines and the bolts won't stop the hawks top 3 lines.

oh, and i don't expect the blackhawks offense to fade in and out the way the rangers did.

not that i take any solace from it, but knowing what i know now about mcd and staal i can't envision a scenario barring hank standing on his head where we beat chicago
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:19 am

so for all the hits sather has had of late, stralman is quite the whiff. the sad thing is that the :ugeek: knew it would be

McD-Strahlman
Stal-G
Yandle-Klein

is pretty damn good.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:09 am

Unfounded speculation from TSN that the Rangers may look to move Nash to free up salary. Either him or Girardi or Staal. Or things like letting one of Step or Hags walk
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:31 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Unfounded speculation from TSN that the Rangers may look to move Nash to free up salary. Either him or Girardi or Staal. Or things like letting one of Step or Hags walk

Girardi I get. Staal isn't happening. Is the ink even dry on the new contract? I hope we don't move Nash but it's certainly possible. Hagelin will probably get a contract offer that prices us out.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:46 am

I mean, I can't predict what Sather is going to do. So maybe he would want to sign Staal to a contract extension and then immediately trade him?

I get wanting to get out cap jail and trade Nash, but they would be stupid to do it as a salary dump only. either get back into the draft or bring back someone who is a goal-scorer in return. Otherwise, I don't think he necessarily needs to go.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:20 pm

holy crap the FA class is atrocious this year

almost happy sather has no room to throw something absurd like $2mm at a player like tanner glass
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:55 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:holy crap the FA class is atrocious this year

almost happy sather has no room to throw something absurd like $2mm at a player like tanner glass

Want Dougie Hamilton?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:20 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Want Dougie Hamilton?

You dont?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:26 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:almost happy sather has no room to throw something absurd like $2mm at a player like tanner glass

Not to say that Sather is the master at making rational moves, but I was always under the impression that Glass was AV's call. He had played for him before and kept getting starts throughout the year, even after trading for Shepard who I thought was a better 4th line option/

Still wanted Glass over St. Louis out there in the playoffs
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:56 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Want Dougie Hamilton?

You dont?

He's the Matheson of the NHL.

I guess the question is at what price? I'd never max that guy's contract.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:11 am

The funny thing is that he's about half a year older than Matheson and putting up more than 0.5 points/game with good possession stats. So he's actually good at hockey and getting better at the defensive aspects. You don't give that away, especially since Chara is on the downside and Seidenberg should be Old Yeller'd.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:19 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The funny thing is that he's about half a year older than Matheson and putting up more than 0.5 points/game with good possession stats. So he's actually good at hockey and getting better at the defensive aspects. You don't give that away, especially since Chara is on the downside and Seidenberg should be Old Yeller'd.

I'm not suggesting he be given away by any stretch. They're just going to grotesquely overpay. I also never questioned his offense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:10 am

He's 22. His defense isn't going to be the greatest and given his progressions, I'm not too worried about it. He'll probably get about $6m for 6 years, setting him up for another big payday. That sounds about right for buying out the rest of 4 RFA years and about 2 UFA ones.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Looks like Hamilton gets to play with Johnny
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:22 am

what a fucking egg last night was

by no means do i think the rangers are the better team but this group is frustrating.

starting with the head coach. i'll never understand the infatuation with glass. team is down a couple of goals, penguins just committed multiple icings and who hops over the boards? glass-moore-lindberg.

obviously they've made FO moves that are complete trainwrecks, staal, g, staal that have put them in purgatory unless someone is dumb enough to take these contracts off their hands (also don't they have nmc for a couple of more years?). i liked girardi, even with his brain fart in game 1 a couple of years ago, but his body is absolutely shot.

at least skeij has earned a spot every night.

the sad part is if they were on the other side of the bracket, i would take them as the favorite to make the ECF
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:46 am

It is a problem that cannot be overcome when your max contract guys play like 4th liners or 3rd pairs. And you are correct, this train wreck isn't going anywhere for 2 or 3 years.

The Rangers should strongly consider moving Hank. He is the only guy with an albatross contract that someone would be inclined to take. It would also be good for Hank as it is the only way he can win a Cup before his window closes. Besides which, elite goaltending is overrated. The Blackhawks have demonstrated that you can win with passable goaltending and the goaltender position is far and away the deepest position there is from a talent pool perspective.

And Girardi should be in Hartford next year. He had a great run and he will go down as one of the great scouting finds in Ranger history, but he is finished. You can't put yourself in front of a 100 mph piece of vulcanized frozen rubber roughly 300 times a year while playing rugged defense and last past your early 30s. Boyle will slip off into retirement and I doubt they will keep Yandle. Will be interesting to see what happens with Kreider. At his best he is one of the elite power forwards in the league and he has the playoff stats to prove it, but he disappears for weeks at a time and as a result his regular season numbers are meh. A Washington Capital told me that Kreider was the only forward the Rangers have that scared them-- because he was the only one they did not have a match up answer for when he is on. With that said, he also said that the playoffs appear to be the only time he rises to the beast mode level. In any case. It is likely someone will overpay for him because of the potential and playoff chops. I wonder what the Rangers will do.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:47 am

Girardi should have never been given that contract. I get that he bleeds Blue, and is a great locker room guy. But he was never a great puck mover and when you sacrifice your body to the extent that you do, you are going to break down like he did. He's a fucking traffic cone.

I don't get AV's reliance on Glass and his penchant for throwing good players under the bus, as he does with Yandle a ton.

If they can't win it all in the Hank window, and it's starting to look like they definitely cannot, then they are screwed for a while with no draft picks and the contracts they've acquired.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:40 pm

well at least they're under no illusion that this roster is close
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:48 pm

AV has reached the past due date with respect to his shelf life. That team largely tuned him out this year and came out today looking for a soft place to lie down.

The only good thing about these playoffs is watching the Caps revert to the norm. Hell, they are so abominable that they managed to turn a mentally tough winner like Justin Williams into a complete basket case the other night. I still think they do away with Philly, but Pittsburgh should freight train them.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:54 am

blows my mind that people are so down on AV...regardless of what transpired in this one series:

-Cup finals
-one game from cup (and most points in the league)
-playoffs

the team didn't "tune him out" in my opinion. it just didn't play very well, and ran into the hottest team in the league.. girardi & staal are 3rd line D men at best, doubt mcdonagh was fully healthy. eric staal was a disaster. hayes is playing like shit these days.

probably most importantly, JT miller, brassard and zuccarello just didn't play good hockey this series. we wouldnt have beat florida if those three played the way they did vs pittsburgh
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:32 am

AV doesn't deserve all the blame - there's definitely a question of roster construction/contracts/trades that he has no hand in. But the way he's using the roster he's given isn't that great, either. It's generally an over-reliance on vets/extreme distrust of young players. And definitely playing favorites. You say Girardi and Staal are basically 3rd liners now, but they didn't get used like 3rd liners this year. Hayes had an up and down year, but do you let him play through and develop so he can contribute in the playoffs, or do you keep running Tanner Glass out there who is what he is at this point? Miller only broke through this cycle when injuries forced AV to play him and he conveniently started scoring when in a top 6 role.

I don't think, even with a Babcock or Quennville behind the bench, that this is a champion-caliber roster, which is a huge problem. Hank propped them up big time this year, Game 5 notwithstanding. He's not going to be able to do that for forever.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 pm

Gerbe signs a one year deal for $600k. Assuming AV doesn't talk our equally stupid GM into dealing Kreider or Hayes, I'll enjoy watching 3 former Eagles tuning AV out as the season goes down the shitter. The fact that they did not buy out Girardi is mind blowing.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Gerbe signs a one year deal for $600k. Assuming AV doesn't talk our equally stupid GM into dealing Kreider or Hayes, I'll enjoy watching 3 former Eagles tuning AV out as the season goes down the shitter. The fact that they did not buy out Girardi is mind blowing.

The fact Girardi is still on this roster should tell us all we need to know. Unless the buy out his contract or deal him to Las Vegas at some point this summer, you're looking at a brutal time next year. I don't want to believe the Cup window for this team is closed, but it looks more and more likely.

Is this the most Eagles on a single roster in the NHL? I think it might be. Great sampling of multiple championship generations too.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:15 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:The fact Girardi is still on this roster should tell us all we need to know. Unless the buy out his contract or deal him to Las Vegas at some point this summer, you're looking at a brutal time next year. I don't want to believe the Cup window for this team is closed, but it looks more and more likely.

I keep seeing different things about the expansion draft rules, but I think the Rangers have to protect Girardi in the draft since his awesome contract also includes No Movement Clauses
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:48 pm

We keep trading Zucc's buddies away
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:12 pm

I like the trade. Brassard hit his ceiling last season and it isn't much better than what Zabinejad put up last year. At the very least we are young, big, physical and fast up front which should help the collection of cadavers we have playing defense. And I can make endless terrorism jokes about Zabinejad, which will make the prospect of not making the playoffs or squeaking in as an 8th seed somewhat palatable.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:12 am

while he has been miserable for most of the past couple of seasons, games 4-6 might've been some of the best hockey girardi has played in years
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:while he has been miserable for most of the past couple of seasons, games 4-6 might've been some of the best hockey girardi has played in years

Yeah, he's not been a disaster. Unfortunately, Holden and Staal are. Never thought I'd be pining to see Clendening on the ice but... welp.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Why God? Oh why do I still give a shit about this fucking franchise? Every year they murder my soul. I attribute most of my success in life to being almost completely unsentimental. I am very good at disposing of things when they are no longer useful...and yet I still waste my time with this fucking team when I know that they aren't winning another Stanley Cup until I am roughly 75 years old. Oh well, at least the Caps still suck no matter how hard Justin Williams and TJ Oshie try to overcome the fact that any team with Alex Ovechkin is doomed in any tournament setting.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:56 pm

#firehank #bringbackcam :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink