Indoor Practice Facility

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Indoor Practice Facility

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 am

Big Johnsonville Sausage Fest Football Practice Facility
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be

I agree with this, but being a private school with limited money (kind of even tho they have the money) it would be prudent to see if local area corporations could contribute (or someone like Under Armour could pitch in some money). While naming rights would remain with BC/high donor, there could always be signage/advertising/goodwill for any corporations that were to contribute (i.e. GE who is moving shortly).

New Balance is right in Brighton, Bates should reach out.

with our under armor contract, I see them jumping right on board.

football is not one of their areas of focus. baseball, absolutely. hockey/lax (through their warrior brand), sure. soccer - why not. basketball, a little. but football... not so much
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:51 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i have a problem with naming our athletic buildings anything other than exactly what we want them to be

Peak whale pants.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:12 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Peak whale pants.

barn for shirtless boys to hone their craft and attempt to achieve mediocrity

too wordy
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:18 am

If we pass the hat, the stadium should be called "The Nexus"
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:32 am

we'll get outbid and it will be called the tubasteak smothered in underwear bowl featuring hoff
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 pm

The HockeyRuption Hacienda?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:17 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:fwiw, i wouldnt ever fill in the corners and put a dome over alumni if it came at the expense of changing the name from alumalumni to papa johns tuesday night special field at mountain dew stadium

Not that it would happen (because there would be no benefit to the sponsor), but would you have an issue with it if it were Fidelity Investments Field, State Street Field or GAMCO Investors Field or something like that?

I get the natural connection with Fidelity and GAMCO due to BC Guys Peter Lynch and Super Mario Gabelli. Who am I missing at State Street?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If we pass the hat, the stadium should be called "The Nexus"

sure but the tyrant would change the entry to the "Gay Gridiron" or the "Meatbomb Bowl"
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I agree with this, but being a private school with limited money (kind of even tho they have the money) it would be prudent to see if local area corporations could contribute (or someone like Under Armour could pitch in some money). While naming rights would remain with BC/high donor, there could always be signage/advertising/goodwill for any corporations that were to contribute (i.e. GE who is moving shortly).

football is not one of their areas of focus. baseball, absolutely. hockey/lax (through their warrior brand), sure. soccer - why not. basketball, a little. but football... not so much

Assume you are talking about New Balance not being involved in football. Agreed, but the CEO is a BC parent & is worth over a billion....
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Assume you are talking about New Balance not being involved in football. Agreed, but the CEO is a BC parent & is worth over a billion....

He could have been talking abut BC instead of New Balance, and it would have worked too. Well, not really with lax, but Gene D disciples can dream.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

We are now being out-facilitied by UAB who went 0-0 last year
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He could have been talking abut BC instead of New Balance, and it would have worked too. Well, not really with lax, but Gene D disciples can dream.

Under Armour would be a no brainer to reach out to. Not only is there an apparel contract in place, it would give them a foot print in the Northeast to be able to run their combines/camps which has been progressively picking up steam among high school athletes (getting kids from NE/NY/NJ up to BC for the UA combines is mutually beneficial). The affiliation with UA followed by a contribution by another shoe brand (NB) would be a bad look, might as well maintain a positive relationship with UA which continues to grow with young people
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Need to go balls out and name it twice. Something like New Balance Field at Under Armour Stadium.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:02 pm

They usually do that so they can get sponsored AND honor a coach. Day-walking Ginger Field at the Nexus.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Dildo Dog Field at Yogurt Man Stadium.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Fidelity Court at the Barcalounger
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:55 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Yea, this is one of my no snark posts. New balance is not interested in football, irregardless of where the ceo's kids go to school
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Field of Weens :dildodog
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Bates is so bad it is at the point of unintentional comedy.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/coll ... low_in_acc
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Bates is so bad it is at the point of unintentional comedy.

"soon"
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:45 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:"duda" on TOS says a facility is "100% confirmed" from an "impeccable source" and that an announcement is coming in the next 30 days.

Not sure of his credibility on the poopee scale

Four days to go?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Bates is so bad it is at the point of unintentional comedy.

Shaughnessy weighed in with an opinion today as well. What a joke BC sports has become.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/02/13/let-ease-hanley-ramirez-and-pile-cam-newton/qS1VQoFtl3GhKTYiiYUDGN/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed

It is hard to fathom the sorry state of the Boston College athletic program at this hour. The Eagles still have a great hockey team (they just won one of the best Beanpots ever), but football and basketball have hit rock bottom.

Much-maligned Al Skinner looks pretty good to BC hoop fans at this juncture. The Eagle cagers are on track to be one of the worst teams in ACC history. Football, meanwhile, is a mess. The Eagles are winless in the ACC in both sports thus far this academic year.

It’s amazing that a school as hot and attractive as BC can’t land more top recruits. Lucky for BC, local sports fans don’t seem to care about it too much anymore. It’s as if they’ve given up.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Is it soup yet?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:37 pm

dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Maybe Northwestern doing something will convince BC to do something too
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:17 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:"duda" on TOS says a facility is "100% confirmed" from an "impeccable source" and that an announcement is coming in the next 30 days.

I heard all of this as well from credible sources recently.

:bored

yes - i also assume it was nick

nick is not my credible source, but he will always be my edible source.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:19 pm

They still need to apply for frigging permits according to today's release.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:12 am

BC has to go through zoning first for the new indoor field. They use renderings at this point. Once they pass zoning, they will do the permit drawings needed to apply for a building permit. The building will not be built until the Flynn rec plex is removed. That will not happen until the new student rec center is finished which is 2 years away.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:BC has to go through zoning first for the new indoor field. They use renderings at this point. Once they pass zoning, they will do the permit drawings needed to apply for a building permit. The building will not be built until the Flynn rec plex is removed. That will not happen until the new student rec center is finished which is 2 years away.

You, very unsurprisingly, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium