Official Fire Steve Adazzio Thread.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Fire Steve Adazzio Thread.

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:22 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Addazio has brought in much better players than Spaz ever could.

Unforunately he is probably a WORSE in game coach than that buffoon.

The longer he is here, the more of an embarrassment we will be.

Unless he goes completely hands off and finds a new OC.

This season has gone flying off the rails with all these injuries. It's a big factor whether people want to admit it or not. If he sucks next year then fine you can fire him.

We're on a third string QB on a team with no depth playing a whole bunch of freshman on the OLine. This season was never going to go well.

The injuries to Wade and the RBs have definitely been a factor, but he cannot be excused for the shitty OLine play in his 3rd year.

He's got Spaz rejects and true freshman. I'm not saying I love Daz and I don't want to be boxed in, but the roster attrition because of Spaz has made a difference.

I just think calling to fire him with all these injuries in a year we knew they would suck is kind of silly.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:Addazio has brought in much better players than Spaz ever could.

This season has gone flying off the rails with all these injuries. It's a big factor whether people want to admit it or not. If he sucks next year then fine you can fire him.

We're on a third string QB on a team with no depth playing a whole bunch of freshman on the OLine. This season was never going to go well.

The injuries to Wade and the RBs have definitely been a factor, but he cannot be excused for the shitty OLine play in his 3rd year.

He's got Spaz rejects and true freshman. I'm not saying I love Daz and I don't want to be boxed in, but the roster attrition because of Spaz has made a difference.

I just think calling to fire him with all these injuries in a year we knew they would suck is kind of silly.

For me, this is barely about the actual results on the field -- Everyone acknowledges injuries have played a part.

However, I think we've seen enough of Daz from a coaching standpoint to know that, no matter how good his recruiting is, he's never going to be anything more than a lesser version of TOB. And, if that's the case, what's the point in having him? The goal isn't (or shouldn't be) to be a mediocre football team that churns out irrelevant bowl appearances year after year, it's to be competing for ACC Championships -- Something that's totally reasonable more years than not given the mediocrity of the ACC as a whole.

But, as someone brought up in the gameday thread, BC has always put just one foot in the big time athletics pool, which is enough to keep the checks coming but not enough to make the school anything more than a name on the conference masthead.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:23 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

For me, this is barely about the actual results on the field -- Everyone acknowledges injuries have played a part.

However, I think we've seen enough of Daz from a coaching standpoint to know that, no matter how good his recruiting is, he's never going to be anything more than a lesser version of TOB. And, if that's the case, what's the point in having him? The goal isn't (or shouldn't be) to be a mediocre football team that churns out irrelevant bowl appearances year after year, it's to be competing for ACC Championships -- Something that's totally reasonable more years than not given the mediocrity of the ACC as a whole.

But, as someone brought up in the gameday thread, BC has always put just one foot in the big time athletics pool, which is enough to keep the checks coming but not enough to make the school anything more than a name on the conference masthead.

Daz will never be a "lesser version of TOB" if only because Daz truly believes BC can win championships -- or at least that's the Kool-Aid he sells around here. That passion plus the fact that BC plays hard and has been competitive in just about every single game, means that even Daz with an 8-9 win season will be far more exciting and worth watching than TOB and We Are What We Are football ever was.

And I think the fact that BC has been competitive in every game under Daz (except arguably Pitt in '14 and Clemson in '15) tells me he can win an ACC Championship in a good year with an experienced roster.

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:19 pm

It's 3 years now without a passing game! BB needs to tell Addazio that he must bring in a new OC and stay out of the offense. I hear GDF wants to transfer from HR to OC! Ticket sales next year will be in the low 20k range with this offense.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:30 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Daz will never be a "lesser version of TOB" if only because Daz truly believes BC can win championships -- or at least that's the Kool-Aid he sells around here. That passion plus the fact that BC plays hard and has been competitive in just about every single game, means that even Daz with an 8-9 win season will be far more exciting and worth watching than TOB and We Are What We Are football ever was.

And I think the fact that BC has been competitive in every game under Daz (except arguably Pitt in '14 and Clemson in '15) tells me he can win an ACC Championship in a good year with an experienced roster.

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle

He can say whatever he wants publicly but his coaching tells the real story.

Playing overly conservative and generally not to lose is not the mark of a guy who believes he can compete against these "super powers" in the ACC
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:18 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We've had this debate and you all can call it a defeatist attitude, but unless FSU and Clemson are having a very down stretch (see '07 and '08), we are not making the ACCG. These teams have overwhelming talent and short of a perfect storm BC isn't beating them all in one season. Will they win occasionally? Sure.

Basketball is even more hopeless we have no chance of competing with the ACC being how it is. You're basically playing for about 8th place most years.

If the administration wanted to commit to athletics then it's a different story. You'll enjoy the games much more once you realize BC isn't going to the ACCG anytime soon. Well you won't enjoy this team at all but you get the point
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:39 am

This is the first year in a while BC hasn't been in both FSU and Clemson games, and piss poor coaching, not talent discrepancies, were usually the problem. Let's not invent a narrative, Asspaziano stinking is sufficient on its own,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:16 am

There is a talent difference between BC and FSU/Clemson. How close would any of those game have been if TC had been coaching FSU/Clemson? Dabo & Jimbo are not top level coaches.

Epstein is 100% correct in that we need to significantly improve recruiting. To do that Leahy has to be replaced and we need to invest in practice facilities and stadium upgrades. There is no reason BC cannot build a Stanford level program. There is no reason we cannot get our share of the 4 star Northeast recruits especially from Catholic HIgh Schools instead of getting crushed by PSU.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Re: 2/3 season pathology

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:15 pm

What I'd like to see this off season is having both Fitch and Frye replaced in their respective positions. Fitch should be fired;

Frye is still young, but very inexperienced, being 3 years removed from being a grad assistant, and he hasn't cut it bringing this OL along at all; the OL in sliding backwards, as yesterdays debacle sorely demonstrated.Remember this OL started 3 SENIORS, albeit, inexperienced guys, but guys who have "been in the system"...these older guys have played no better, and some could argue worse than the true freshmen that Addazio is now resorting too...One day, the young guys may be good;right now they are totally confused and utterly overmatched physically and technique-wise.. Put Frye somewhere else to learn.

We all know Addazio is going no where...but does he have the nuts to make the changes that need to be made. Does he have the foresight to realize that he has a very young offense that will, again, next year be in a developmental stage, at QB and across the line? He needs a good, solid, experience offensive mind to come in, and then he has to get the hell out of the offenses operation, since he doesn't know how to coach a game, doesn't know how to STRATEGIZE the game (i.e. put in a consistent, executable game plan geared to his team's capabilities),and apparently can't get a good feel for the relative talents of one player over another.....

Did losing Wade hurt? Yes...but I maintain that with this OL,first, and the offensive (sic) playcalling,it would have been a struggle for Wade to do a whole lot better. Subsequently, the lunatic tango that became the QB OJT, in my mind, amplified the other problems immeasurably. The ineffectiveness of the OL, and the inexperience at QB has proven to be a lethal combination. Add the issue of inexperienced and very young guys at receiver, and there you have it.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This is the first year in a while BC hasn't been in both FSU and Clemson games, and piss poor coaching, not talent discrepancies, were usually the problem. Let's not invent a narrative, Asspaziano stinking is sufficient on its own,

Has BC beat FSU, Clemson or Louisville once this decade?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:01 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:What I'd like to see this off season is having both Fitch and Frye replaced in their respective positions. Fitch should be fired;

Frye is still young, but very inexperienced, being 3 years removed from being a grad assistant, and he hasn't cut it bringing this OL along at all; the OL in sliding backwards, as yesterdays debacle sorely demonstrated.Remember this OL started 3 SENIORS, albeit, inexperienced guys, but guys who have "been in the system"...these older guys have played no better, and some could argue worse than the true freshmen that Addazio is now resorting too...One day, the young guys may be good;right now they are totally confused and utterly overmatched physically and technique-wise.. Put Frye somewhere else to learn.

We all know Addazio is going no where...but does he have the nuts to make the changes that need to be made. Does he have the foresight to realize that he has a very young offense that will, again, next year be in a developmental stage, at QB and across the line? He needs a good, solid, experience offensive mind to come in, and then he has to get the hell out of the offenses operation, since he doesn't know how to coach a game, doesn't know how to STRATEGIZE the game (i.e. put in a consistent, executable game plan geared to his team's capabilities),and apparently can't get a good feel for the relative talents of one player over another.....

Did losing Wade hurt? Yes...but I maintain that with this OL,first, and the offensive (sic) playcalling,it would have been a struggle for Wade to do a whole lot better. Subsequently, the lunatic tango that became the QB OJT, in my mind, amplified the other problems immeasurably. The ineffectiveness of the OL, and the inexperience at QB has proven to be a lethal combination. Add the issue of inexperienced and very young guys at receiver, and there you have it.

Basically this year was going to be a total cluster fuck which I told everyone back in August
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:35 pm

If Jimbo and Dabo are such bad coaches, that only reinforces the idea that BC shouldn't expect to win ACCCG. Look, it's no coincidence that WF had a precipitous drop in success as FSU and Clemson got better either. Obviously, BC will have to take advantage of a time when either FSU or Clemson are down (maybe they will be down again together but I doubt it), and pull off an upset in the other game. Despite recent failures, Louisville has a much more up and down history so I'm not counting them.

The issue with the Dazzler is that I don't have the confidence that his in game coaching is sufficient to take advantage of that when the time comes. Despite the USC upset, I have very little confidence that he has the ability to exploit weaknesses of more talented teams - see the two bowl games. Now, of course, there will be more talented teams whose weakness is an effective running QB but that's more coincidence than coaching.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:10 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:What I'd like to see this off season is having both Fitch and Frye replaced in their respective positions. Fitch should be fired;

Basically this year was going to be a total cluster fuck which I told everyone back in August

Actually, anyone should have known that the biggest challenge this season was going to be the OL.The strength of the team offensively was the RBs...QB was a question; so it all revolved around the inexperienced OL. The team would progress only as fast as the OL progressed. ...Before the season began, I had hope that Addazio, being an OL guy, would work this line up into something respectable, and I expected some evidence of progress by the 4th week. Simply stated, the OL has made zero discernible progress (or worse), and with the shuffling of players now underway, any hope that the OL will gain any significant cohesiveness in the next 4 games is unrealistic. Add in the QB woes, and my preseason suggestion of a 5 win season is a reach now. What may even be worse is that the next season will have many significant unanswered questions on offense, and the early games may well be a mirror of this season, with the same issues plaguing them.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:If Jimbo and Dabo are such bad coaches, that only reinforces the idea that BC shouldn't expect to win ACCCG. Look, it's no coincidence that WF had a precipitous drop in success as FSU and Clemson got better either. Obviously, BC will have to take advantage of a time when either FSU or Clemson are down (maybe they will be down again together but I doubt it), and pull off an upset in the other game. Despite recent failures, Louisville has a much more up and down history so I'm not counting them.

The issue with the Dazzler is that I don't have the confidence that his in game coaching is sufficient to take advantage of that when the time comes. Despite the USC upset, I have very little confidence that he has the ability to exploit weaknesses of more talented teams - see the two bowl games. Now, of course, there will be more talented teams whose weakness is an effective running QB but that's more coincidence than coaching.

Wake recruits heavily in Florida so the success of FSU hasn't helped their cause.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:31 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This is the first year in a while BC hasn't been in both FSU and Clemson games, and piss poor coaching, not talent discrepancies, were usually the problem. Let's not invent a narrative, Asspaziano stinking is sufficient on its own,

I let you look it up, Montel Harris.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:36 pm

There is a talent difference between BC and FSU/Clemson. How close would any of those game have been if TC had been coaching FSU/Clemson? Dabo & Jimbo are not top level coaches.

Epstein is 100% correct in that we need to significantly improve recruiting. To do that Leahy has to be replaced and we need to invest in practice facilities and stadium upgrades. There is no reason BC cannot build a Stanford level program. There is no reason we cannot get our share of the 4 star Northeast recruits especially from Catholic HIgh Schools instead of getting crushed by PSU.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:53 pm

BC just needs to make the investment in facilities and their recruiting will get to the next level. I believe that BC can build a strong recruiting base in the northeast, go head to head with PSU and win their share of the 4 star recruits. I also believe that BC can pull in talent from across the country from Catholic HS. I also believe that BC can upgrade the stadium and sell it out on a season ticket basis.

College football is just getting organized and the money is only going to get much bigger. There will be some sort of 16 team playoff (December madness) and recruits will start to look at every team in the conference with a focus of where they can play sooner. Every team in the conference will have first class practice facilities and decent stadiums. People like Leahy and BB are walking dinosaurs that will be replaced by CEO's that know how to invest in facilities and how to sell a product. There is too much money for this not to happen.

The important thing for now is to have an ACC franchise. BC has a fantastic location and we are only being held back by an incompetent administration.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So that makes BC 1-13 against those teams this decade. I forgot that 2010 disaster by Dabo.

My point still stands
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Wario when asked about his not gonna make a bowl game this year comment......

"I'm glad he's speaking for me. I'm just worried about getting a first down right now. I'm worried about winning. I don't really sit there and go through all that stuff, when you're in the middle of this right now, playing a bunch of young guys and you have a bunch of injuries like we do right now you're trying to find the right pieces to win. That's where I'm at right now. As Mike just said it right there, he said that to me, I'm sure were up against it right now, no question; because we need seven this year we don't need six we need seven; but right now, my total focus is, trying to shore up where all the leaks are right now and they keep coming. See what happens is when you just get completely decimated with injuries and you were young before you even started the year, this is what happens. So I've got to, one step at a time address what happened with the young offensive line here. Go back to work and fix it. I got to take a look at the running back situation, were pretty depleted right now. Who's really going to be available and take a hard look at that.

We're a run team and we kind of got taken out of that game today because of personnel. That's not going to be good for us, so my thing is one day at a time. One day at a time one week at a time. We made progress coming off the Clemson game and I felt good about that. I was concerned coming in here. I figured like usual, we'd make a few, give a few, make a few, give a few. That's what I kind of thought would happen here, and it started that way a little bit and we just couldn't keep doing that. Going to play action passes really hurt us. We were throwing a lot on first down. It hurt us badly, because early down, play action when you give up sacks on those. Just negative yardage plays that's why the stats are so poor at the end. I'd like to see how many lost yards there were. Probably 100, 100 lost yards I'm guessing, that's a lot. Then of course the strip sack goes against you; all those lost yards in there.

It's hard to start chucking it around when you're really young up front. It's very very difficult and that's why, but we wanted to create some explosives, we were depleted in the running backs; so you're like this, darned if you do darned if you don't. That's what happens, that's it in a nutshell, that's not who we are, when you get out of your element. We're probably down about 7 or 8 guys right now."
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:20 pm

The team could not run the ball.
Why even bother doing PA passes when the defense had no reason to respect the run?
All it did was give the QBs even less time (thanks OL) before they were clobbered by the opposing defense.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:09 am

hansen {l Wrote}:The team could not run the ball.
Why even bother doing PA passes when the defense had no reason to respect the run?
All it did was give the QBs even less time (thanks OL) before they were clobbered by the opposing defense.

You need to be accurate to get the ball out quick. Our QBs are woefully inaccurate. No play was going to work
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:02 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So that makes BC 1-13 against those teams this decade. I forgot that 2010 disaster by Dabo.

My point still stands

Assuming your very loose definition of decade as six years or so, yes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:08 am

So who won angriest poster in the game thread?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

My point still stands

i think eepstein in using then tenies as his "decade" so he better hope we don't beat fsu, clemson or louisville over the next 5 seasons or he will look really dumb. like, hansen level dumb

and we'll all be like "remember that time that you said that we wouldn't beat fsu, clemson or louisville for any of the next 5 future years and we totally did beat two of them once in that 5 year period. well you are stupid and a jerk"

that will be awesome.

#not beat fsu clemson louisville penis
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:17 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

My point still stands

i think eepstein in using then tenies as his "decade" so he better hope we don't beat fsu, clemson or louisville over the next 5 seasons or he will look really dumb. like, hansen level dumb

Trust me, that is a level of stupid you want to avoid at all costs.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:58 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:So who won angriest poster in the game thread?

eaglesfan06 did some good work.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

My point still stands

and we'll all be like "remember that time that you said that we wouldn't beat fsu, clemson or louisville for any of the next 5 future years and we totally did beat two of them once in that 5 year period. well you are stupid and a jerk"

that will be awesome.

We'll beat someone once and finish the decade at about 2-25 against those schools furthering my point
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

My point still stands

that will be awesome.

We'll beat someone once and finish the decade at about 2-25 against those schools furthering my point

#digging hole deeper penis
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Just for fun, where do you think BC would stack up in the coaching job market this year? So far we have, in my estimated order of desirability:

1) USC
2) VT
3) South Carolina
4) Miami
5) Maryland
6) Illinois
7) Minnesota
8) UCF
9) North Texas
10) Hawaii

I think we might beat out Minnesota. Maybe even Illinois. Definitely below Miami though. Becomes a bit worse when you imagine the other hot seats out there:
- Texas
- Georgia
- Cal
- UVa
- WVU
- Rutgers
- Iowa State

Maybe even a ND, UCLA, or Utah if the NFL comes poaching...

Frankly, I'm not even sure BC would be a top 10 opening this year. Might be arguably the worst P5 job on the market.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Miami is not a good job

You have shitty facilities, job doesn't pay that much, and a craptastic / delusional fanbase.

Yeah you're in a goldmine of talent, but everybody else pillages that area as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext