24 acre purchase

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 24 acre purchase

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:10 am

capecod13 {l Wrote}:The only question I give shit about is what are the chances they will allow daily parking with tailgating on this site? Maybe for up to say 5 Hrs before the game and 2 after. Now we're talking :banana :cheer :elephant :pepper2 :spaz2

If it's ever going to happen, it will happen on this site.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:22 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
capecod13 {l Wrote}:The only question I give shit about is what are the chances they will allow daily parking with tailgating on this site? Maybe for up to say 5 Hrs before the game and 2 after. Now we're talking :banana :cheer :elephant :pepper2 :spaz2

If it's ever going to happen, it will happen on this site.

iwohots
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:56 pm

To answer the revenue question of a new stadium versus Alumni Stadium, the new stadium will have many more luxury boxes, huge club seat sections and a ton of advertising space throughout the stadium. To build a 50,000 seat stadium is probably about 400 million. If they raise half and finance 200 million over 30 years at 4%, the annual P&I is $11,460,000. Divide that by 7 games = $1,637,142 per game, divided by 50,000 seats = $32.75 per seat.

The other uses of this site if not for a new stadium are first class, state of the art practice facilities for football, basketball, hockey, track & field, swimming, golf and baseball and softball if they don't go to Brighton. New BCAA offices would be a good use as well. This will free up a lot of space in Conte to incorporate more luxury boxes and club seating areas in both Conte and Alumni Stadium. This is the more likely use of this site because it really solves the space needs of all of the sports teams.

With this purchase there are no more excuses for not having ACC level facilities.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:To answer the revenue question of a new stadium versus Alumni Stadium, the new stadium will have many more luxury boxes, huge club seat sections and a ton of advertising space throughout the stadium. To build a 50,000 seat stadium is probably about 400 million. If they raise half and finance 200 million over 30 years at 4%, the annual P&I is $11,460,000. Divide that by 7 games = $1,637,142 per game, divided by 50,000 seats = $32.75 per seat.

The other uses of this site if not for a new stadium are first class, state of the art practice facilities for football, basketball, hockey, track & field, swimming, golf and baseball and softball if they don't go to Brighton. New BCAA offices would be a good use as well. This will free up a lot of space in Conte to incorporate more luxury boxes and club seating areas in both Conte and Alumni Stadium. This is the more likely use of this site because it really solves the space needs of all of the sports teams.

With this purchase there are no more excuses for not having ACC level facilities.

there are so many faults with this terrible analysis i won't even try to address them. instead, i will leave this photograph that shoots holes in your retarded logic, horrible assumptions and idiotic conclusion

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:58 am

Has anyone said iwnh yet?
Cuz iwnh my filled in corners loving friends.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:42 am

The 24 acres will be used to support Irish Studies and theological research. That is all.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:13 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:The 24 acres will be used to support Irish Studies and theological research. That is all.

Why the hell would BC waste valuable space and money to study the Irish? What the hell would people even learn? How to grow potatoes? Does anyone even remember the Great Potato Famine? I mean, Helloooooo....!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:28 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:The 24 acres will be used to support Irish Studies and theological research. That is all.

Why the hell would BC waste valuable space and money to study the Irish? What the hell would people even learn? How to grow potatoes? Does anyone even remember the Great Potato Famine? I mean, Helloooooo....!

I guess I should have used the red font.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:38 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I guess I should have used the red font.

green font would have been more appropriate
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Has anyone consulted Eva and her cats? I can't imagine they would allow any of this.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:18 pm

They will create a building dedicated to The Belfast Project 2 where they will have a videotapped confession of Gerry Adams ordering the murder of Jean McConville and the attempted assassination of Margaret Thatcher and Ian Paisley.

And this time guys we totes promise to NOT give it to British law enforcement. Really learned our lesson on that one.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Just read that they are allowing tailgating on portions of the Upper Brighton Campus parking lot this season.

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-footbl ... 15aaa.html
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Don't let the big numbers of building a new stadium scare you. By the time BC figures out the cost to renovate Alumni Stadium they will be at least 40% of the cost to build new. I'm not saying they are going to build a new stadium on the 24 acres or that Newton will even allow it, but building new more often than not makes a lot more sense than renovating. Baylor spent 260 million on a new stadium that would be perfect for BC.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Don't let the big numbers of building a new stadium scare you. By the time BC figures out the cost to renovate Alumni Stadium they will be at least 40% of the cost to build new. I'm not saying they are going to build a new stadium on the 24 acres or that Newton will even allow it, but building new more often than not makes a lot more sense than renovating. Baylor spent 260 million on a new stadium that would be perfect for BC.

Didnt Coughlin go through hell to get the end enclosed?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:34 pm

yes. and then he left before a single game was played
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:18 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Don't let the big numbers of building a new stadium scare you. By the time BC figures out the cost to renovate Alumni Stadium they will be at least 40% of the cost to build new. I'm not saying they are going to build a new stadium on the 24 acres or that Newton will even allow it, but building new more often than not makes a lot more sense than renovating. Baylor spent 260 million on a new stadium that would be perfect for BC.

Didnt Coughlin go through hell to get the end enclosed?

Saw a game there last year. Tremendous set up for a smallish stadium, especially with the Brazos in the backdrop. It's exactly the kind of feel that BC should have.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:12 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:yes. and then he left before a single game was played

yeah but not before he won a couple of hypothetical national champs*

*TM nospace eatery
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Baylor has about 4,100 more undergrads than BC (or about 45% more) which obviously means a lot more alumni as well. BC couldn't come close to selling out a stadium like that, nor would there be much of an impetus to build one. As I've said before, BC needs to add that engineering school and increase enrollment by about 5,000.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:So I see 'parking and administrative offices' in the article, which means the pure paint fumes on the co-building a stadium with the Revolution. I guess I'm not shocked.

Especially since the Revs stadium plan that got filed is for the spot where the morons thought they were going to put the Olympics.

Right.

But of course, I'm sure Keeper has some really good reasons why Kraft would want to sink money into a stadium specifically for soccer that is buried in suburbia away from reliable transportation and the south american immigrant population that they want to attract. Probably the biggest reason is because he wants to help BC build a new stadium.

and soccer stadiums need filled-in corners

He who is tired of Alumni Stadium corner seat jokes is tired of life.

+2

For those of you advocating for a new stadium on this property, you do realize that the property has one point of access (Hammond Pond Parkway) and is otherwise surrounded by conservation land?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:26 pm

McLane Stadium, Baylor University seats 45,000. It's a very good example of the amenities that BC needs to either incorporate into Alumni Stadium or build a new stadium.

The lower deck of Alumni works (students, band visiting fans), but the upper decks would have to be replaced in a renovation. It's straightforward on the Beacon Street garage side. A new upper deck, all chair seats, all club seats with the club house built on top of the garage would be a huge upgrade. The Conte side is a nightmare, really requiring the demolition of Conte, but it's time to build a new indoor arena anyway. It's another solution leaving the 24 acres for practice facilities (2nd to none) for many of the sports (football, basketball, hockey, indoor track, tennis, aquatic center, BCAA offices) and game day football parking.

It's a win win situation either way with this terrific purchase so close to the stadium.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:McLane Stadium, Baylor University seats 45,000. It's a very good example of the amenities that BC needs to either incorporate into Alumni Stadium or build a new stadium.

The lower deck of Alumni works (students, band visiting fans), but the upper decks would have to be replaced in a renovation. It's straightforward on the Beacon Street garage side. A new upper deck, all chair seats, all club seats with the club house built on top of the garage would be a huge upgrade. The Conte side is a nightmare, really requiring the demolition of Conte, but it's time to build a new indoor arena anyway. It's another solution leaving the 24 acres for practice facilities (2nd to none) for many of the sports (football, basketball, hockey, indoor track, tennis, aquatic center, BCAA offices) and game day football parking.

It's a win win situation either way with this terrific purchase so close to the stadium.

BC was several thousand short of selling out USC. It's a bad situation.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:08 pm

It's easy to sell out 45,000 seats, just provide reasonably priced parking and reasonable tailgating options. This 24 acre purchase solves this problem. It's amazing that they got 40k for USC with the crazy policies and prices now in effect.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It's easy to sell out 45,000 seats, just provide reasonably priced parking and reasonable tailgating options. This 24 acre purchase solves this problem. It's amazing that they got 40k for USC with the crazy policies and prices now in effect.

40k which included about 6k USC fans.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:45 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:McLane Stadium, Baylor University seats 45,000. It's a very good example of the amenities that BC needs to either incorporate into Alumni Stadium or build a new stadium.

I think BC needs to do everything in its power to keep all football operations on the main campus and all in a central location (near alumni). Basketball practice courts and offices/locker rooms can be moved to wherever a new student rec center is built (or to the new land). Same goes for hockey who deserves a practice facility and upgrades more than everyone behind the fball program.

Move everything that you can to this new piece of land to open up as much space for a football facilities/practice fields/alumni expansion and upgrades.

Alumni is very salvageable. It has a good layout now and could easily be upgraded with smart planning. It's in a good location on campus, and hopefully the new land and seminary land will soon pay dividends to allow easy affordable parking for everyone to boost attendance.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:58 am

BC didn't have problems selling out 7 years ago.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC didn't have problems selling out 7 years ago.

I think a more accurate statement is that BC didn't have problems selling out 20 years ago. Seven years ago, they had problems, but had a sellout or two with the ACC Championship game runs. But even over the last seven years, a lot has changed with the BC fan base. Each year that goes by, the local whalepants alumni die off or stop going to games and are replaced by indifferent millenials who return home to California never to attend another BC game.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:08 pm

McLane looks beautiful, it cost $260M in Waco TX so i'd guess a comparable facility in Boston area would be nearly twice that.City of Waco chipped in 35M how much do you think Chestnut hill will chip in? A half bil for a half empty 50K seat college stadium, only a public univ could be that profligate.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:16 pm

The land around Alumni is too valuable for practice facilities. Parking for football generates too much money and dorms make good money too. Practice facilities do not generate any revenue. The 24 acres could be turned into the best private training facility for all sports in the country. They can start with everything football needs and add facilities for other sports at their own pace. At most big state universities this site, only 1 mile away, would be on the campus. It would solve so many recruiting and facility needs of all of our programs.

With the practice facilities complete you can take your time renovating Alumni. Demo the existing upper deck over the Beacon St garage and build a new deck, all club seats just like Gilette with the Putnam Club. When it is time to build a new arena you can then build the matching deck on the Conte side. It's a very manageable way, cash wise to improve the facilities.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}: The 24 acres could be turned into the best private training facility for all sports in the country.

Yes, and I am certain that Leayhy-hoo is all for this.
P. and S. Love your optimism.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Leahy is a major problem to say the least, but he did buy the land and he has been moving athletic facilities off the main campus. He must be getting close to retirement age.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium