The Thread to Substantively Debate 'Gloidy

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Thread to Substantively Debate 'Gloidy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 21, 2015 1:04 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:No way that someone of your myopic debate range is an alum.

The Eagles I know can joust substantively.

But pretend on, deceiving yourself that the current admin did not TWICE destroy BC hoops.

As a result, our program is more like that of the U of Phoenix than it is like the teams against which we were competitive before 2010-11.

Do you have a brain injury?

I ask because I think I can tell how your posts are intended to read, but I can also read them.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 21, 2015 1:37 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:class of 94, pussy. the year that curley, eisley, huckaby and abram finished their eligibility.

when did you graduate from the heights, mrs. ed cooley

No way that someone of your myopic debate range is an alum.

But pretend on, deceiving yourself that the current admin did not TWICE destroy BC hoops.

As a result, our program is more like that of the U of Phoenix than it is like the teams against which we were competitive before 2010-11.

hey master debater... if the program was destroyed by firing jobias, then how could we have been competitive in 2010-11?

you are not smart, have never been smart, and taint the value of the boston college sheepskin far worse that the combination of the 10 next worst posters on this website. so stick that in your hansen and smoke him
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 21, 2015 1:42 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Note - even if he never posts again this year, these two posts qualify him for Asshat of the Year, right? He has gotta win this year.

One reason why I am glad that he has returned.

which two posts?

this one:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:I do hope that none of you fools is a graduate, since your common "response" is insult and personal attack.

Me, well I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells, and i like to kiss my own butt.

and this one?

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:class of 94, pussy. the year that curley, eisley, huckaby and abram finished their eligibility.

when did you graduate from the heights, mrs. ed cooley

No way that someone of your myopic debate range is an alum.

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu May 21, 2015 2:51 pm

Not that his 2-3 posts were so terrible that they alone would give him the Asshat. I was thinking a lot of voters would factor in his lifetime performance into the voting.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Aliases aren't eligible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 21, 2015 5:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Aliases aren't eligible.

is that why you didn't get any votes, jerk?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Fri May 22, 2015 11:09 am

Hey, Tobacco Man,

Do you forget that when JOB was let go:

1. We had just won our first BE Tournament?

2. All the recruits who committed to JOB bailed?

3. Scoonie transferred to OSU?

4. BC got mass negative publicity for the axing -including

A. Leahy never denying that he had agreed to lower admissions standards for ballplayers?

B. Leahy never denying that he said that he did not want that to become public knowledge?

C. That the firing was a temper tantrum reaction to the account being published in the Globe?

D. That the author of the story took the unusual step of saying JOB was NOT the source for the story?

5. That it took (understandably) Al 4 years to right the ship that Leahy had sunk?

Come on, son.

Lose the invective and brush up on your history.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

And who is responsible for that?
MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby eagle9903 on Fri May 22, 2015 11:17 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}: 5. That it took (understandably) Al 4 years to right the ship that Leahy had sunk?

Is your point that it took Al 7 less years than JOB to win a BE tournament?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 22, 2015 11:24 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Hey, Tobacco Man,

Do you forget that when JOB was let go:

1. We had just won our first BE Tournament?

2. All the recruits who committed to JOB bailed?

3. Scoonie transferred to OSU?

4. BC got mass negative publicity for the axing -including

A. Leahy never denying that he had agreed to lower admissions standards for ballplayers?

B. Leahy never denying that he said that he did not want that to become public knowledge?

C. That the firing was a temper tantrum reaction to the account being published in the Globe?

D. That the author of the story took the unusual step of saying JOB was NOT the source for the story?

5. That it took (understandably) Al 4 years to right the ship that Leahy had sunk?

Come on, son.

Lose the invective and brush up on your history.

you're all over the place. if the program was destroyed, how could al come in and win a big east tournament?

if the program wasn't destroyed but needed to be rebuilt, how come jimmy mac only gets one year before you declare him a failure and the program unfixable.

you are not very good at arguing and keeping your points clear, concise or consistent.

stop thinking about what penis tastes like and focus on what your point is. then support your point consistently.

lastly, you are a bad poster and you should feel bad immediately after you hit "submit" on every one of your posts.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:14 am

Questions for Rooney

A.) Was Stan Heath a good hire as an assistant or a bad hire? If a good hire, why would a good coach work for (indirectly) Fr. Leahy?

B.) Is this year's incoming recruiting basketball class a relatively good one or a poor one? If poor, why. How does this class compare to Al Skinner's last three recruiting classes?

C.) In retrospect, do you still think it was a bad idea to fire Coach Spaziani? [Sorry, wrong board. Please answer anyway]

D.) Considering that you blame all of Coach Spaziani's problems with the football program on Fr. Leah why has Coach Addazzio had much better results even if Fr. Leahy is still in charge? [Sorry, wrong board. Please answer anyway]

E.) If Fr. Leahy is so terrible and alumni giving is a sign of that, why is Boston College's endowment 50% bigger than Georgetown, 300% time bigger than Holy Cross, 500% bigger than Villanova, 1000% times bigger than Providence College?

F.) Is coaching turnover at Boston College typical of most other schools? Or is Boston College an outlier? In the past you have tried to argue that Boston College is unique in the amount of coaching turnover, including firings. Do you still believe that?

D.) Do you still think that going to the ACC was a bad move for Boston College?

F.) Do you believe that if Notre Dame had joined the Big East for football that the Big East probably would still exist?

G.) Are you planning to travelling to Ireland for BC's football game in Ireland? Do you think this is something good for the Boston College football/athletic programs?

H.) Why are players leaving the Boston College basketball program proof that the program is in free fall, but players leaving Providence College is not proof of trouble with the program?

I believe that these are substantive questions, the type of which you claim folks here don't engage in.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:53 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Questions for Rooney

A.) Was Stan Heath a good hire as an assistant or a bad hire? If a good hire, why would a good coach work for (indirectly) Fr. Leahy?

B.) Is this year's incoming recruiting basketball class a relatively good one or a poor one? If poor, why. How does this class compare to Al Skinner's last three recruiting classes?

C.) In retrospect, do you still think it was a bad idea to fire Coach Spaziani? [Sorry, wrong board. Please answer anyway]

D.) Considering that you blame all of Coach Spaziani's problems with the football program on Fr. Leah why has Coach Addazzio had much better results even if Fr. Leahy is still in charge? [Sorry, wrong board. Please answer anyway]

E.) If Fr. Leahy is so terrible and alumni giving is a sign of that, why is Boston College's endowment 50% bigger than Georgetown, 300% time bigger than Holy Cross, 500% bigger than Villanova, 1000% times bigger than Providence College?

F.) Is coaching turnover at Boston College typical of most other schools? Or is Boston College an outlier? In the past you have tried to argue that Boston College is unique in the amount of coaching turnover, including firings. Do you still believe that?

D.) Do you still think that going to the ACC was a bad move for Boston College?

F.) Do you believe that if Notre Dame had joined the Big East for football that the Big East probably would still exist?

G.) Are you planning to travelling to Ireland for BC's football game in Ireland? Do you think this is something good for the Boston College football/athletic programs?

H.) Why are players leaving the Boston College basketball program proof that the program is in free fall, but players leaving Providence College is not proof of trouble with the program?

I believe that these are substantive questions, the type of which you claim folks here don't engage in.

----------------------------------

Nice effort at substance, Dr. Jack,

My replies:

A. Who knows what impact a twice-failed coach will have? The folks here seem to hail him as the second coming of Coach Wooden. Why?
Reality: the guy is here because he needed a job. Period.

B. Too early to assess the class until the first ball is tossed upward by the ref. But I'm tired of reading 5 years of hyperbole about players who did little, if anything, to keep us out of the bottom of the ACC. Al had a disappointing last year, BUT his THIRTEEN year record was excellent - and likely far better than the current lackluster staff will produce until they, too, are axed.

C & D. This is a basketball board.

E. I don't know if your comparative figures are correct. Assuming they are, the answer is easy. ALL this administration cares about is money. Have you noticed the size of the Development staff? The turnover there if quotas are not met? When is the last time this regime did anything FOR alums? Of all the letters from the school, what percentage address donations? About 100%, I'd estimate.

F. I know of no other place of comparable size which has cashiered or otherwise lost the total # of HCs in football and hoops (both sexes) that alma mater has since the current regime took over. Do you? I also know of no place which for years paid so much money to fired coaches to NOT coach. Do you?

Your second D: If cash is your God (as is true with this CE0), the move made sense. But if being competitive - or honorably leaving the BE - or any concern that deception by the top should not happen at a nominally Catholic school - or if you want fans to not take out a second mortgage to travel to an away game - are factors, then the move was regrettable. Aside from revenue, what good does it do the school to have the nation see all those empty seats at Conte, see the vise grip we have on the bottom sphere of standings, see more people jumping ship than any of the world's navies has experienced?

Your second F: Nonsense question because ND was never joining the BE for football.

G. Where I go is my business, not yours. To paraphrase the most recently impeached POTUS, the answer to your second question depends on that the meaning of "good" is.

H. Why this fetish with Providence? Who knows what goes on there?
We do know, however, that we lost 2 rising co-captains, another starter to Davidson, a supposed recruiting wonder asst. HC to Creighton after just one year, all for an outflow composite that is striking.
From what I read about Providence though, they lost fewer folks than we have over the last 5 years. They also won a conference title in that time. They also went to the last 2 NCAAs, and damn near beat UNC in the first one. They draw sellout crowds at home. To say nothing about the quality of their HC vs our last 2.
By contrast, we have failed by comparison in each of those criteria.
And PC is not alone in leaving BC in the dust. Look at Nova, ND, G'town, Gonzaga and several others - all of them make us look like Catholic Memorial. And it should not be long before Marquette, St. John's and Creighton do the same.
BC once attracted stars like Abrams, Adams, Agbai, Austin, Bagley, Barros, Bell, Curley, Driscoll, Dudley, Eisley, Evans, Huckaby, Jackson, McCready, Murphy, O'Brien, Rice, Smith, Williams, et al.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Location: St. Ignatius, praying for a leader who'll restore BC's trustworthiness.

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:22 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}: From what I read about Providence though, they lost fewer folks than we have over the last 5 years. They also won a conference title in that time. They also went to the last 2 NCAAs, and damn near beat UNC in the first one. They draw sellout crowds at home. To say nothing about the quality of their HC vs our last 2.
By contrast, we have failed by comparison in each of those criteria.
And PC is not alone in leaving BC in the dust. Look at Nova, ND, G'town, Gonzaga and several others - all of them make us look like Catholic Memorial. And it should not be long before Marquette, St. John's and Creighton do the same.

I didn't do the math on BC, but its hard to imagine they have had more turnover than PC. Since the 09-10 season, they have brought 31 players into the program. 18 have either transferred or been arrested/kicked out of the program (with 16 players from the 09-10 to 12-13 seasons and Chuckwu leaving this year and another most likely to not qualify in this current class)

The 09-10 team had 2 players arrested for assault and the 12-13 class had 2 players suspended for rape (one of which is still with the program). I would hardly call PC leaving BC in the dust. They play in a mid-major conference that has proven very little (I wouldn't call winning a mid-major conference tournament because they missed having to play Nova, the one respectable program in the BE, a huge accomplishment). Georgetown has done nothing significant. St. Johns has been mediocre. Not sure why you included ND in this list since theyre not in the BE (same with Gonzaga).

Cooley can recruit, no doubt about it. But he is having trouble keeping guys in school (either because of legal reasons or transfer). That will catch up to him eventually as he will patch positions with last second filler players who cant even play at a mid-major level. They are going to need an All American effort from Dunn this year to even be middle of the pack in the BE this season.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:29 pm

You know roonie, you aren't so fucking unbearable when you actually provide input instead of trying to be funny. I actually appreciate your POV.

I don't agree that cash is BC's god. I think it isn't black and white, their goal is to win on a budget, as always. There is no better example than hiring a cheap X's and O's guy and providing him expensive assistants to recruit for him, paying them 250k instead of paying Jay Wright $3.5mil.

...and you have been inhaling glue at an impressive clip if you think the turnover rate at BC is anything like Providence.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:17 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
B. Too early to assess the class ...

Hello penis kissing hypocrite. You have no problem making assessments when they serve your agenda.

Is it time to put a roonie banning to the masses for a vote?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:20 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

Hello penis kissing hypocrite. You have no problem making assessments when they serve your agenda.

CRUCIFY HIM!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:24 am

I think KBB25 needs to go. I really don't think he should be speaking for the board.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

CRUCIFY HIM!

Burn him!

Seriously...ban him. Not who he claims to be. Not some "BC fan" angry at the current state of affairs, he is a guy who just hates BC and will use anything to vent his hatred.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:54 am

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:H. Why this fetish with Providence? Who knows what goes on there?

If you haven't caught on, a large number of folks here think your allegiance is with Providence College and in fact you are an alumni of that school.

Which would explain a lot...emphasis on basketball, don't care about football or how it fits into the Conference debate, anger of leaving the Big East, why you love to wear jorts and drive a Dodge Stratus, etc.

\
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:46 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:H. Why this fetish with Providence? Who knows what goes on there?

If you haven't caught on, a large number of folks here think your allegiance is with Providence College and in fact you are an alumni of that school.

Which would explain a lot...emphasis on basketball, don't care about football or how it fits into the Conference debate, anger of leaving the Big East, why you love to wear jorts and drive a Dodge Stratus, etc.

\

i think he's an ed cooley ballwasher. i don't think his stupidity has anything to do with the name on his undergraduate diploma, just the name of his favoritest basketball boach evah.

just sayin
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I think KBB25 needs to go. I really don't think he should be speaking for the board.

i'll add this motion to the preliminary ballot but let's be honest... he'll just come back with some other screen name ending in "25"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:36 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I think KBB25 needs to go. I really don't think he should be speaking for the board.

yeah, CRUCIFY HIM!!
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MaroonNGold on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Well, boys, let's do some fact checking.

1. Where do the fools get the idea that I went to PC? Sorry, my degree is from BC. Never have been a Friar, or a Cat, Hoya, Fighting Irishman, etc.

2. As to transfers out or other departures.

I went to the rosters of the BC teams since Al was canned, and here is the list of those who have left/declined to come here:

Anderson
Daniels
Haeslip
Hanlon
Humphrey
L. Jackson
R. Jackson
Magarity
Moton
Noreen (declined to come here)
Rahon
Ravenel
Saunders

Now, for those of you with fast mouths, does PC - or ND, GTown, Nova, or any of our other "peer" schools have numbers that large in that same period of time?

SPECIFICS, please, no juvenile venom.

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:Well, boys, let's do some fact checking.

1. Where do the fools get the idea that I went to PC? Sorry, my degree is from BC. Never have been a Friar, or a Cat, Hoya, Fighting Irishman, etc.

2. As to transfers out or other departures.

I went to the rosters of the BC teams since Al was canned, and here is the list of those who have left/declined to come here:

Anderson
Daniels
Haeslip
Hanlon
Humphrey
L. Jackson
R. Jackson
Magarity
Moton
Rahon
Ravenel
Saunders

Now, for those of you with fast mouths, does PC - or ND, GTown, Nova, or any of our other "peer" schools have numbers that large in that same period of time?

SPECIFICS, please, no juvenile venom.

Providence has more over a 5 year period, as stated above, and Providence has no guys that decided to leave early like Hanlan and Jackson did (Ledo left early but of course couldnt qualify). I dont feel like going thru the rosters of the other programs because this whole point is stupid. No shit there is attrition in basketball, look at the national transfer list every year. Christ, JC just got a guy who is on his 3rd school.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Wait, this fucktard is counting guys that entered the draft early?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait, this fucktard is counting guys that entered the draft early?

Not to mention fan favorites like Saunders and Haeslip
Last edited by eagle9903 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:59 pm

MaroonNGold {l Wrote}:

Um, no. If he was never here in the first place how could he have left? Idiot.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:06 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait, this fucktard is counting guys that entered the draft early?

Who is Saunders? Is he related to the Hanlon guy gloidy keeps mentioning?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Yup, those guys, McGarity, Ruhon, Mouton...
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:01 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Yup, those guys, McGarity, Ruhon, Mouton...

My bad, you should not have had to spell that one out for me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MaroonNGold on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:41 am

Blowhards such as BCSUPERFAN22 continue to allege that PC had more leaving over a 5 year period than alma, but cannot back it up.

OK, big mouth, if PC had more than are on the BC list I produced, NAME THEM!

Those days are gone.

MaroonNGold
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum