Rangers Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rangers Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 07, 2015 1:42 pm

certainly have been impressed by the caps, as long as holtby doesn't turn into a pumpkin they certainly have a shot. does 'more opportunistic' = more puck luck?

good point on the torts teams, had the same thought last night
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 07, 2015 3:35 pm

sorry again for the double post but it was obvious earlier and it's painfully obvious now, MSL is absolutely shot. I'm surprised they haven't put Kevin on Nash & Brassard's wing.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 07, 2015 7:42 pm

After watching the Caps flounder around for so long it's nice to see them finally figure it out.

Have to say I'm not a big Keith Yandle fan, he is afraid of contact and his clearing attempts are always soft and up the middle.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Fri May 08, 2015 7:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:After watching the Caps flounder around for so long it's nice to see them finally figure it out.

As someone who's watched the caps for so long, you should know better than to say that when the series is 3-1 and they haven't finished the job yet.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 08, 2015 12:35 pm

If the league continues to allow the clutching and grabbing and obstruction that it whistled all year, then the Caps should win. I honestly am not surprised by anything the NHL does--no matter how utterly self-destructive and self-defeating it may be--so it really isn't a shock. If I'm the Rangers I go out and knee cap Ovie and run over Holtby repeatedly and dare the officials to make a call. If they do fine, the fix was in and there was no way the Rangers were ever meant to get out of this round. If they don't, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers come back and win. In any case, I am pretty sure Tampa beats whoever comes out of this series, a lot of ugly flaws have been exposed during some very mediocre hockey (Ovie's occasional circus high light excepted).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri May 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Why would the NHL want the Caps in the finals over the Rangers?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat May 09, 2015 9:07 am

The theory offered at TSN is that the league needs another marketable superstar and Ovie needs a ring to get there. I don't know if I buy that and one would think the League would do everything in its power to advance the Rangers--after all, 1994 was the last time the League was relevant within the national sports conscience--but the execrable, clutch and grab hockey the League has allowed says otherwise.

Even last night, it was remarkable to see how much the Caps got away with. I don't think Green or Carlson even bother to play with two hands on their sticks in the defensive zone and let's face it Orpik was essentially finished as a serviceable defensemen last year and has made a comeback by clutching, grabbing and boarding.

I have no idea what will happen in Game 6, but as generally pessimistic as I am about the Rangers I am also mindful that Ovie, Backstrom and Trotz are all first rate choke artists and that God hates the worst and least knowledgeable fans in all of professional sports. They can all suck a dick and commiserate about their general suckieness with all the other douchenozzles who listen to Elliot in the Morning.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Sat May 09, 2015 11:58 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The theory offered at TSN is that the league needs another marketable superstar and Ovie needs a ring to get there. I don't know if I buy that and one would think the League would do everything in its power to advance the Rangers--after all, 1994 was the last time the League was relevant within the national sports conscience--but the execrable, clutch and grab hockey the League has allowed says otherwise.

Even last night, it was remarkable to see how much the Caps got away with. I don't think Green or Carlson even bother to play with two hands on their sticks in the defensive zone and let's face it Orpik was essentially finished as a serviceable defensemen last year and has made a comeback by clutching, grabbing and boarding.

I have no idea what will happen in Game 6, but as generally pessimistic as I am about the Rangers I am also mindful that Ovie, Backstrom and Trotz are all first rate choke artists and that God hates the worst and least knowledgeable fans in all of professional sports. They can all suck a dick and commiserate about their general suckieness with all the other douchenozzles who listen to Elliot in the Morning.

Ah the old least knowledgable fans in all of sports argument. I was waiting for you to bring that one up again. You're nothing if not consistent.

If you don't think that both teams are guilty of hooking and holding, than you're obviously watching a different series. At least three times last night a caps player was blatantly tripped or hooked down and no call was made. Meanwhile Lundquist is flopping around more than some fairy Spanish soccer player trying to sell every single play like he's been slashed in the throat.

Rangers were better team for the most part again last night but still needed two deflections off of Caps D-men skates to score. They were bound to finally get some bounces. Hopefully it's just a one game thing. Oh and while you're calling Ovechkin (who has averaged a point per game across his playoff career) a choker, what does that make Nash?
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 10, 2015 8:53 am

Regardless of culpability, it's unbearable how the refs have allowed this to go back to clutch and grab. If I have to hear "let him go" or "that's enough" from the refs I'm going to throw my remote through the tv.

The accusations of Hank flopping are pretty good, I think Holtby's mask just fell off.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun May 10, 2015 9:18 am

The entire series has turned into a UFC fight with all the clutching and grabbing, but how can you say the refs are favoring the Rangers?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun May 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Kreider!!!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun May 10, 2015 7:06 pm

No one chokes like the Washington Capitals
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Sun May 10, 2015 8:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:No one chokes like the Washington Capitals

Yep.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 am

bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 11, 2015 10:52 am

I was at the game last night and there is no doubt that Caps fans are the worst fans anywhere. With apologies to 04, the level of stupid in that building is something so remarkable NatGeo ought to do a documentary on this backward, primitive culture. I was especially gratified by the complete lack of understanding regarding offsides, icing and delay of game. Even after the video showed conclusively that the delay call on Sheppard was pure garbage the collection of season ticket holders sitting around me repeatedly and continuously insisted it was the correct call.

I was particularly gratified when they lost their shit at the end when the linesman waived off icing as the buzzer sounded when Carlson pulled up on the trickling clear. Fuck the whole lot of them. I hope when the Arabs get around to nuking us they will at least hit the Verizon game during a Caps-Penguins game.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 12, 2015 9:30 am

saw this in Brooks' article today. mcdonagh came back with 3:07 to go on Sunday night. He played 2:32.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Wed May 13, 2015 9:22 am

I really hate days of Game 7's. The impending sense of doom is especially strong.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 13, 2015 10:07 am

extra day of rest will be huge for mcdonagh and lundqvist i think

lets just hope henrik is henrik and kreider is kreider
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Wed May 13, 2015 10:30 am

More generically speaking here...but why the fuck does the NHL insist on putting the west coast games on at 10pm ET even on a SUNDAY?! You couldn't possibly have anyone with half a brain and an intent on growing the game make that decision.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 13, 2015 4:12 pm

Because nobody gives a flying fuck about Anaheim and Calgary. Or Calgary and Vancouver. Or Anaheim and Winnipeg.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Agree w 66, sure on the macro level it won't get the ratings but on a Sunday why have games at 7 & 10. There's no way anyone who works on Monday will stay up for that.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed May 13, 2015 9:35 pm

Pierre has wood for Kreider
MSL looks awful
They called Orpik a bitch during the break
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 13, 2015 9:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Agree w 66, sure on the macro level it won't get the ratings but on a Sunday why have games at 7 & 10. There's no way anyone who works on Monday will stay up for that.

Because Canada's probably okay with it. Rogers or whoever gets them has first crack at those games. I don't know if there are Sunday conflicts in Canada with curling during the day and whatnot.

Classic Washington.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 14, 2015 6:15 am

neat.

As weird as it is saying this about a team that swept the rangers in the regular season, I actually feel better about playing TB. Their style opens up the ice more, which is how the rangers want to play as well.

Wonder if Zucc can make it back for this series, and if we'll see Hunwick instead of Boyle.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Thu May 14, 2015 7:24 am

Hats off to Lundqvist. Thought the Caps were the slightly better team last night and especially in the first half of OT. Once they didn't score on that second big push, i had a bad feeling. 2 minutes later it was over.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu May 14, 2015 8:41 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:After watching the Caps flounder around for so long it's nice to see them finally figure it out.

Have to say I'm not a big Keith Yandle fan, he is afraid of contact and his clearing attempts are always soft and up the middle.

Yandle was on the ice for the series winning goal so he has that going for him. The fact that the Rangers literally emptied the cupboard for him puts him very near the top of the worst Sather trades of all time and that says a lot. At least Dan Boyle was a free agent signing. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 am

It is interesting. I thought Yandle played well against Pittsburgh. He was awful in this series, which is entirely the product of his being soft. I suspect he will play well against Tampa because they won't hit him.

I still despise Ovechkin and the Caps in general, but I have to say that he left it all on the ice and played against his typical dog shit big game performance. Orpik is a bitch, always has been and always will be. I'll still don't forgive him for his awful performance against North Dakota in Providence. I think Scuderi covered up a lot of his flaws. And there is no doubt he deserved 5 minutes and an ejection. It was nice to see Kreider bury him on a clear towards the end of the 3rd period.

Brouwer and Backstrom live down the street (Ovie used to, but has since moved to Great Falls). Thinking about putting a Property of the NY Rangers sign in their front yards. Good times.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 14, 2015 9:30 am

Logitano {l Wrote}: At least Dan Boyle was a free agent signing. :ace

Instead of re-signing Stralman, who I would much rather have on the team.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 14, 2015 9:43 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Orpik is a bitch, always has been and always will be.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to hear this about the guy who made sport of picking fights in the Walsh lobby in '99.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It is interesting. I thought Yandle played well against Pittsburgh. He was awful in this series, which is entirely the product of his being soft. I suspect he will play well against Tampa because they won't hit him.

I still despise Ovechkin and the Caps in general, but I have to say that he left it all on the ice and played against his typical dog shit big game performance. Orpik is a bitch, always has been and always will be. I'll still don't forgive him for his awful performance against North Dakota in Providence. I think Scuderi covered up a lot of his flaws. And there is no doubt he deserved 5 minutes and an ejection. It was nice to see Kreider bury him on a clear towards the end of the 3rd period.

Brouwer and Backstrom live down the street (Ovie used to, but has since moved to Great Falls). Thinking about putting a Property of the NY Rangers sign in their front yards. Good times.

Ovie has never been dog shit in big games...so not really sure where that's coming from. Backstrom on the other hand has been invisible in the last 3 or 4 postseasons that Caps have been in. He scored the one OT goal in the first round, and other than that, didn't really impress aside from buyring Dan Boyle in game one.

While last night was disappointing, feel good about the caps. Will be able to clear a lot of dead weight and get more playing time to Kuznetsov, Burakovsky, and Wilson. Green leaving will be a hit (last night's penalties not withstanding) but they have a pretty good defense corps waiting in the wings.

*Thus ends caps talk for 2015 on EO. Carry on.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink