Hockey east 1st & 2nd round

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Hockey east 1st & 2nd round

Postby BCEagles66 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:27 pm

Being in NYC makes it impossible to watch these games, but how do they fire so many shots and score so few goals? It seems like its a bunch of Tyler Kennedy shots just right at the goalies' chests?

Still blaming that punk Milano.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:It seems like its a bunch of Tyler Kennedy shots just right at the goalies' chests?

Didn't get to watch much of the season either, but was watching the two NESN games this weekend. Outside of fitz and the freshmen you have described it exactly. Bottom two lines are guys who grind and work hard, but their talent level is just not the same compared to what we have seen in past years.

To be honest I think we have have been spoiled with the depth on those national championship teams. The ability to roll 4 lines throughout the game is a luxury, but became commonplace every few years for BC.

To put it in perspective.. that 2012 championship team had 7 guys with 30+ points (and Kevin Hayes had 28). This year Tuch lead the team with 28.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Btw...Standings in the east village will always put on the NESN/NBCSN games. Just get there at 6:45 to ensure you can claim a tv.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:21 am

it's also those upper classmen who would make the jump after being role players / bottom 6 players that hasn't happened. this list is too long to name and i think that it's had a trickle down effect on Cangelosi. In years past he would be able to play 3rd line, kill penalties as he developed. Now he's on the #2 line, on the powerplay, and relied on for big time minutes.

I'm not 100% matheson is gone either which might make it interesting considering they have 2 coming in & zero graduating. Obviously have to prepare for the possibiilty of Hanifin, McCoshen, etc leaving.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:44 am

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Btw...Standings in the east village will always put on the NESN/NBCSN games. Just get there at 6:45 to ensure you can claim a tv.

Place looks legit....never been. Thanks!
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:it's also those upper classmen who would make the jump after being role players / bottom 6 players that hasn't happened. this list is too long to name and i think that it's had a trickle down effect on Cangelosi. In years past he would be able to play 3rd line, kill penalties as he developed. Now he's on the #2 line, on the powerplay, and relied on for big time minutes.

I'm not 100% matheson is gone either which might make it interesting considering they have 2 coming in & zero graduating. Obviously have to prepare for the possibiilty of Hanifin, McCoshen, etc leaving.

Yeah tough call...Matheson it seemed to me was all but gone assuming he had a good year...but its been a bit iffy. Still think better than 50/50 he leaves, but it seems close. Hanifin is the one I'm worried about. Forwards should be pretty sick next season...assuming Bracco doesn't bolt.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:03 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:it's also those upper classmen who would make the jump after being role players / bottom 6 players that hasn't happened. this list is too long to name and i think that it's had a trickle down effect on Cangelosi. In years past he would be able to play 3rd line, kill penalties as he developed. Now he's on the #2 line, on the powerplay, and relied on for big time minutes.

Yeah tough call...Matheson it seemed to me was all but gone assuming he had a good year...but its been a bit iffy. Still think better than 50/50 he leaves, but it seems close. Hanifin is the one I'm worried about. Forwards should be pretty sick next season...assuming Bracco doesn't bolt.

Honestly, I could see McOshen as a flight risk, too. I think at worst 2 of those 3 (Matheson, Hannifan and McOshen) leave. We probably really want 1 to leave given the 2 new recruits coming in. Hope that 1 is not Hannifan.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:36 pm

BC clinched making the tourney last night, decent chance we're staying east as well w so few eastern teams in the field

selection show tomorrow at noon on espnu
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:44 am

looks like we're staying east, the main question is are we in BU's bracket in Manchester or in Providence?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:16 am

3 seed in Providence vs Denver 3:00 on ESPN2

Miami / PC the 1 & 4 in that region

BC split out in Denver losing on a last second OT goal. Tough regional but played Denver well out there in the elevation
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy