recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Quail man will like this:

Plan A: David
Plan B: Edwards
Plan C: Caudill 2.0

It's been awfully quiet on the Davis front. Maybe waiting for some test scores or something like that?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Quail man will like this:

Plan A: David
Plan B: Edwards
Plan C: use the scholarship money to buy Dennis Clifford a bunch of grilled chicken, 20lbs of fish oil pills, and protein powder. and then buy Hicks new knees, and then buy Owens a clue (because he has potential)

fixed, although you nailed the order
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Purdue and SJSU have gotten involved with '15 SF Jaycee Hillsman.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:52 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:@NJHoopsHaven: Jaren Sina is looking at South Carolina, Boston College, Michigan, Rutgers, George Washington and Rhode Island, according to his dad.

Sina visited Binghamon where his sister played. South Carolina had an in home visit with him in Monday.

I'd imagine BC will step it up now that the staff is back from the ACCT.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:03 pm

@RunninRams3: Seton Hall transfer Jaren Sina (@JarenSina) supposedly took an unofficial visit to URI on Tuesday.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:@RunninRams3: Seton Hall transfer Jaren Sina (@JarenSina) supposedly took an unofficial visit to URI on Tuesday.

It would be amazing to lose two recruits to URI within a ten month period.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:02 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:@RunninRams3: Seton Hall transfer Jaren Sina (@JarenSina) supposedly took an unofficial visit to URI on Tuesday.

Are we at all in contention for this guy? I kind of feel like we're not
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:10 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I honestly have no idea. I'm really just feeding the negativity around here, which is good for the soul.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:18 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I honestly have no idea. I'm really just feeding the negativity around here, which is good for the soul.

eepstein has been downright cheery lately
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

an artists rendition of the w3ird0z current thoughts on recruiting...
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:23 pm

sadly, our days of wine and nospace have not yet returned...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eagles1968 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:00 am

One of the recruits in the Midwest gaining a lot of buzz in recruiting circles is Don Bosco Prep (IN) small forward Jaycee Hillsman. The 6’6” strongly built wing is having a breakout 5th year at the prep school after his career at Simeon. This season Hillsman is averaging 24 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists per game.
He opened up a lot of eyes recently at the La Lumiere Classic where he went head to head against some of premier players in the nation and more than held his own. Hillsman talked about his recent play.
“I’ve been playing great. I have a great set of teammates and coaches that support and push me. We’ve played great competition all year and I’ve been performing in all of our games.”
What have been the biggest areas he has improved playing at the prep school?
“I would say leadership, defense, and playing hard all the time.”
His recruitment is starting to pick up fast and furious.
“A lot of schools are coming into the mix. My latest offer is from Boston College.”
Hillsman ran down his current offers.
“I have Toledo, Ohio, DePaul, Cal State Fullerton, University of Houston, Tulsa, Middle Tennessee State, Austin Peay, SEMO, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, SIU-Edwardsville, Miami (OH), Chicago State, Louisiana Tech, San jose St., and Boston College.”
There are several more programs in pursuit and showing interest.
“Interest from Texas Tech, Florida State, Miami (OH), Michigan, Drake, UMKC, New Mexico, St. Bonaventure, California, and a couple other schools.”
He doesn’t have any leaders at this point and is in the process of figuring out where he wants to take official visits too. What will he be looking for in a program?
“Really about the best fit. Somewhere I can come in and play. Somewhere I can be pushed every day and become a better player.”
Hillsman is a physical small forward that can slash off the bounce, hit the glass, and is a solid perimeter shooter with a nice lefty shot.

Article I found on Hillsman. He seems to be a solid player that can come in and help. From what I've heard that video didn't do his game much justice. He's a versatile wing who can score, pass, dribble, and rebound. All things we need.
Eagles1968
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 am

Eagles1968 {l Wrote}:One of the recruits in the Midwest gaining a lot of buzz in recruiting circles is Don Bosco Prep (IN) small forward Jaycee Hillsman. The 6’6” strongly built wing is having a breakout 5th year at the prep school after his career at Simeon. This season Hillsman is averaging 24 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists per game.
He opened up a lot of eyes recently at the La Lumiere Classic where he went head to head against some of premier players in the nation and more than held his own. Hillsman talked about his recent play.
“I’ve been playing great. I have a great set of teammates and coaches that support and push me. We’ve played great competition all year and I’ve been performing in all of our games.”
“A lot of schools are coming into the mix. My latest offer is from Boston College.”
“I have Toledo, Ohio, DePaul, Cal State Fullerton, University of Houston, Tulsa, Middle Tennessee State, Austin Peay, SEMO, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, SIU-Edwardsville, Miami (OH), Chicago State, Louisiana Tech, San jose St., and Boston College.”
“Interest from Texas Tech, Florida State, Miami (OH), Michigan, Drake, UMKC, New Mexico, St. Bonaventure, California, and a couple other schools.”
He doesn’t have any leaders at this point and is in the process of figuring out where he wants to take official visits too. What will he be looking for in a program?
“Really about the best fit. Somewhere I can come in and play. Somewhere I can be pushed every day and become a better player.”
Hillsman is a physical small forward that can slash off the bounce, hit the glass, and is a solid perimeter shooter with a nice lefty shot.

Article I found on Hillsman. He seems to be a solid player that can come in and help. From what I've heard that video didn't do his game much justice. He's a versatile wing who can score, pass, dribble, and rebound. All things we need.

He's a fine mid-major player and his offers reflect that. As we've seen from the last four years we don't need anymore mid-major players.

This offer screams desperation to me by the staff.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:51 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

eepstein has been downright cheery lately

This is my favorite season where coaches get fired and we try to steal their recruits!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby jbrooks58 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eagles1968 {l Wrote}:One of the recruits in the Midwest gaining a lot of buzz in recruiting circles is Don Bosco Prep (IN) small forward Jaycee Hillsman. The 6’6” strongly built wing is having a breakout 5th year at the prep school after his career at Simeon. This season Hillsman is averaging 24 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists per game.

He's a fine mid-major player and his offers reflect that. As we've seen from the last four years we don't need anymore mid-major players.

He's black and over 6' 2". We can use him.
jbrooks58
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:32 am

Welcome to the board, Eagles1968.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 am

jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So is Garland Owens...I would prefer we didn't have him
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jbrooks58 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

So is Garland Owens...I would prefer we didn't have him

well said
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Eagles1968 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:38 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think his game is just starting to become recognized. Do some research on it. Personally, I feel like the kid could be a great asset to us. I mean they are always surprises in the NCAA. It's about time we got lucky and picked up an unpolished gem. Wouldn't you say?
Eagles1968
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Eagles1968 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I think his game is just starting to become recognized. Do some research on it. Personally, I feel like the kid could be a great asset to us. I mean they are always surprises in the NCAA. It's about time we got lucky and picked up an unpolished gem. Wouldn't you say?

I prefer the polished gems. Especially since many of their coaches are about to get fired so they'll be looking for a new school.

All those unpolished gems with no other P5 offers is what got Donahue canned.

Every single recruit the new staff has brought in had interest or offers from other ACC schools. There's a higher hit rate on those than the box of misfit toys we usually recruit from.

Edit: He played at Simeon. How much more recognized can it get? Every D1 coach has probably seen them play multiple times...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:04 pm

find me a "diamond in the rough" player from one of the most prevalent schools in NYC//Chicago//LA and i'll find you a player who did nothing at the college level.

Diamond in the roughs dont exist at places like Simeon.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:10 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:find me a "diamond in the rough" player from one of the most prevalent schools in NYC//Chicago//LA and i'll find you a player who did nothing at the college level.

Diamond in the roughs dont exist at places like Simeon.

Uka Agbai?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:15 pm

I don't know who else was looking at Agbai, but two things: he was all city and he was short for his position. He was also perfect for the flex. Guy was on the NY/NJ all star team.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagles1968 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Not trying to defend the kid. However, he does have interest from other power 5 conference schools and is about to offer him. Sidebar: he only went to Simeon his jr and sr year in which he couldn't play his junior year by no fault of his own and he missed half of his senior year with injury. He was an impact player, had plenty of big games and had a lot of HM interest until he missed the second half of the season with injury.

Ultimately I just feel like Hillsman could help us. I mean from what I hear Rob Smith loves him and constantly calls HM schools for him so I would say that has to count for something. I am a proud alum and I do my research on these kids.
Eagles1968
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't know who else was looking at Agbai, but two things: he was all city and he was short for his position. He was also perfect for the flex. Guy was on the NY/NJ all star team.

Yes. Guys who have some flaw (height) or late development are gonna be the only NY area players at bigtime schools who fly under.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't know who else was looking at Agbai, but two things: he was all city and he was short for his position. He was also perfect for the flex. Guy was on the NY/NJ all star team.

He was offered by Siena as well....

"It really came down to BC and Columbia, which were the two best

academic schools I had to choose from," said Agbai, who carries a B

advertisement | advertise on newsday

average and scored just over 1000 on his SAT. "It was very enticing to

have a chance to play in the Big East. It's tough to get good academics

and good competition, but I think I have that."

Agbai joins CHSAA alums Osei Millar (Christ the King) and Kenny

Harley (All Hallows) on the Eagles' roster
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:15 am

I guess Kenny Harley would be a further answer to the question then.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I guess Kenny Harley would be a further answer to the question then.

... and osei millar
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Can I just point out that Jaycee Hillsman lists an offer from SIU-Edwardsville. So, here's my question. If you truly had offers from those other schools, would you ever list the offer from SIU-Edwardsville?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Can I just point out that Jaycee Hillsman lists an offer from SIU-Edwardsville. So, here's my question. If you truly had offers from those other schools, would you ever list the offer from SIU-Edwardsville?

Why pick on SIU-edwardsville and not SEMO or UmKC
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum