2015 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:45 pm

According to his twitter, a new kicker just committed for 2015. Time will tell if he is on schollie or if this is a preferred walk-on deal. Looks like we offered 2 days ago.

http://kohlskicking.com/profile/colton- ... erg/13196/
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:According to his twitter, a new kicker just committed for 2015. Time will tell if he is on schollie or if this is a preferred walk-on deal. Looks like we offered 2 days ago.

EA posted an article the other day suggesting it would be a preferred walk-on. Claims an offer from Fresno State, Middle Tennessee State and New Mexico State in addition to the BC offer.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:30 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:I watched some of Christian Wilkins' bball game in the Hall of Fame tournament over the weekend. Holy hell is that kid athletic. A legitimate 300 pounder who was grabbing rebounds above the rim, beating kids who weigh 100 pounds less than him up the court, and manhandling a 6'10" center guarding him on the low block. He finished with a double-double and was one of the best players on the court, when there were probably 6 to 8 D1 players on the floor at any given time. Aside from being a Day 1 starter, he would have been one of the most dominant intramural bball players in BC history.

Tough to beat **** ********
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:According to his twitter, a new kicker just committed for 2015. Time will tell if he is on schollie or if this is a preferred walk-on deal. Looks like we offered 2 days ago.

Kid was perfect on xp's this year so thats a plus. Looks to have a strong leg from his videos. With how bad the kicker game was i wouldn't be mad if this kid is getting a full ride with only a couple available left. Maybe move Knoll to punter and groom him for when Howell graduates or have this new kid battle for the starting spot with him for kicker.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:

Kid was perfect on xp's this year so thats a plus. Looks to have a strong leg from his videos. With how bad the kicker game was i wouldn't be mad if this kid is getting a full ride with only a couple available left. Maybe move Knoll to punter and groom him for when Howell graduates or have this new kid battle for the starting spot with him for kicker.

If you want to instantly feel better about the kicking game, spend the 5 minutes and watch the HUDL video. Huge leg (made a 62 yard FG), makes FGs from all angles and looks bored doing it. When Howell graduates this kid will also be amazing on kickoffs.

Also, he is very quick at getting the kick headed towards the uprights.

He is very very good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

If you want to instantly feel better about the kicking game, spend the 5 minutes and watch the HUDL video. Huge leg (made a 62 yard FG), makes FGs from all angles and looks bored doing it. When Howell graduates this kid will also be amazing on kickoffs.

Also, he is very quick at getting the kick headed towards the uprights.

He is very very good.

I don't think knoll should be written off yet, for what was a few missed XPs in his true freshman year where he wasn't even given a chance to compete the first 1/4 of the season and was hurt for another chunk of the year.

At the very least, the added competition will be a plus, and will hopefully allow Howell to focus solely on punting, something he has proven to be very good at.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:16 am

the issue with knoll is that his problem seems to be mental/confidence, which is usually unfixable...
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 am

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:the issue with knoll is that his problem seems to be mental/confidence, which is usually unfixable...

see stud, diamond and bennet, billy "i hope we lose"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:23 pm

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:the issue with knoll is that his problem seems to be mental/confidence, which is usually unfixable...

He has a mental/confidence issue because he missed an XP in a bowl game ? He barely had a chance to play this year. The majority of the kicking issues (with the XP's at least), was on Launceford, who was a walk-on and was only played because their were no other options and Howell was inconsistent. I just don't think there is a big enough body of work on Knoll to write him off or to say he has a mental/confidence problem.

He played in 5 games and was 3/4 on fg's. Im not suggesting he is the LT answer, but you cant write him off after such a limited body of work based on one mistake in a meaningless bowl game. (As a point of reference, in 2011, the year he missed the winner vs Duke, Freese made 56% of his FG's)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:27 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He has a mental/confidence issue because he missed an XP in a bowl game ? He barely had a chance to play this year. The majority of the kicking issues (with the XP's at least), was on Launceford, who was a walk-on and was only played because their were no other options and Howell was inconsistent. I just don't think there is a big enough body of work on Knoll to write him off or to say he has a mental/confidence problem.

He played in 5 games and was 3/4 on fg's. Im not suggesting he is the LT answer, but you cant write him off after such a limited body of work based on one mistake in a meaningless bowl game. (As a point of reference, in 2011, the year he missed the winner vs Duke, Freese made 56% of his FG's)

For the record, I agree with you, but he missed two extra points in 15 attempts. Howell was the problem on FGs, he can't point them in the right direction. Staff should be blamed for not just letting Howell kick until Knoll got back, the two kicker thing was stupid for all.

Launceford missed 4, Knoll 2 and Howell 1 on the XPs. Most of the missed FGs were on Howell (he was 3-9 from 40+), but he got all the long ones.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Staff should be blamed for not just letting Howell kick until Knoll got back, the two kicker thing was stupid for all.

They were... Dawson got fired.

Folks actually don't give enough credit to Daz for doing that. Sure, it was the obvious thing to do. But, given the coaches we have had over the past 2 decades, making obvious decisions is not something we should take for granted.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: Staff should be blamed for not just letting Howell kick until Knoll got back, the two kicker thing was stupid for all.

Folks actually don't give enough credit to Daz for doing that. Sure, it was the obvious thing to do. But, given the coaches we have had over the past 2 decades, making obvious decisions is not something we should take for granted.

Fair enough, I was buying the company line on that ... change.

PS- McGowan
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

PS- McGowan

Ha... I originally typed Devine. Those effing UNH guys all are the same.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

PS- McGowan

Including the OC
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:17 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

PS- McGowan

Including the OC

Yeah, im waiting on Daz to own up and fire Day... then I will be impressed.

Just so long as your lemon party mate has already been shown the door.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:44 pm

I don't want to see Howell kicking any FGs or XPs. Even that VT FG was hideous.

Knoll is my favorite kicker of the bunch, but this new kid is also good.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't want to see Howell kicking any FGs or XPs. Even that VT FG was hideous.

Neither Knoll nor the new kid was an option for most of the season. Howell should have been kicking from the get-go, and then Knoll when he got healthy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I don't want to see Howell kicking any FGs or XPs. Even that VT FG was hideous.

Neither Knoll nor the new kid was an option for most of the season. Howell should have been kicking from the get-go, and then Knoll when he got healthy.

The new kid wouldn't have been an option since he was a senior in high school...

I disagree on Howell, major shankapotomus on FGs.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The new kid wouldn't have been an option since he was a senior in high school...

I disagree on Howell, major shankapotomus on FGs.

No idea what you are disagreeing with. My point was your choices for the 9 FGs between 40 and 55 that were attempted by Howell were Howell or the kid that couldn't reach.

Howell missed 1 XP and no FGs under 40. Lancelot missed FOUR extra points. Between those two, the choice is obvious and its not both, which is what they did.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Howell missed 1 XP and no FGs under 40. Lancelot missed FOUR extra points. Between those two, the choice is obvious and its not both, which is what they did.

They didn't have the after the fact probabilities when they were making the decision. I'm pretty willing to bet every kicker on our roster is essentially automatic on XPs in practice.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Howell missed 1 XP and no FGs under 40. Lancelot missed FOUR extra points. Between those two, the choice is obvious and its not both, which is what they did.

They didn't have the after the fact probabilities when they were making the decision. I'm pretty willing to bet every kicker on our roster is essentially automatic on XPs in practice.

like tyler roche?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:20 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

like tyler roche?

I've also heard drago is a practice superstar

in practice, he vill break you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:36 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

like tyler roche?

I still have so many questions about this. Was Drago actually the best player at practice? Was he outplaying Hanlan and Anderson? Or did Donahue know he was bad and just start straight up lying to the fans? What purpose is served by this lie? Or did Donahue actually think Drago was good? He did start for the first half of last year, which seems to imply Donahue actually believed he was good. What was going on in these practices? We may never know.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:51 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

like tyler roche?

I still have so many questions about this. Was Drago actually the best player at practice? Was he outplaying Hanlan and Anderson? Or did Donahue know he was bad and just start straight up lying to the fans? What purpose is served by this lie? Or did Donahue actually think Drago was good? He did start for the first half of last year, which seems to imply Donahue actually believed he was good. What was going on in these practices? We may never know.

I think my initial assessment on him is still on the money...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

PS- McGowan

Including the OC

Yeah, im waiting on Daz to own up and fire Day... then I will be impressed.

Looks like he won't have to. You get your wish
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:13 pm

I noticed today that Vanderbilt lost Jackson Perry, a 3* DT recruit...to Dartmouth. We still need help on the DLine? Is there an opportunity here if the kid wants a great education while playing football in Mass?
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Strat coming in with some content soon.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I noticed today that Vanderbilt lost Jackson Perry, a 3* DT recruit...to Dartmouth. We still need help on the DLine? Is there an opportunity here if the kid wants a great education while playing football in Mass?

So he should be looking at Harvard..... or Tufts then. If he flipped from Vandy to Dartmouth, BC is not on his radar and most likely due to academics.

So... I guess for Millennials... Tufts has risen above Dartmouth and is now the academic peer of Harvard. Folks in Somerville must be doing mad work on Instagram and the comment section of Vox to have so considerably raised Tuft's rep among the basement-dwellers.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 pm

Hate to sound like I am delivering news from Houston (this actually happened), but I wouldn't worry about Wyatt Ray. Brother bumped into his mom wearing a BC sweatshirt down in Florida and had a quick chat about BC with her. Seems solid.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:05 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Hate to sound like I am delivering news from Houston (this actually happened), but I wouldn't worry about Wyatt Ray. Brother bumped into his mom wearing a BC sweatshirt down in Florida and had a quick chat about BC with her. Seems solid.

This is right up there with the time I was in Fayetteville, NC (Landry's hometown and not a place with anything resembling a BC pipeline for football players or regular students) around the time Landry was supposedly wavering and drove past a middle-aged black woman with a gigantic BC decal on the back of her car, so large it didn't fit on the rear windshield and wrapped down onto the trunk itself. Honked and gave her a thumbs up (was very tempted to take both hands off the wheel to give the Eagle hand symbol), and at that point I knew we had nothing to worry about
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium