Transfers

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Transfers

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Probably should post a thread dealing with players in and out of the program (since both happen with regularity). I briefly looked at the Michigan roster to see if there was any names I recognized us being involved with.

The name that jumps out is Maurice Hurst Jr. (as he was from Xaverian). He played a little this year as a RSFR. Is a huge position of need (DT).
I think we were briefly involved with Henry Poggi (OT from Gilman). We offered Brandon Watson (CB). However, he and his teammate (WR Freddie Canteen) both committed to Mich. Canteen and Watson both originally hail from Wilmington, DE. They probably know Wade. And there is, of course, the two kids from Paramus Catholic (Jabril Peppers and Juwann Bushell-Beatty).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: Transfers

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:43 pm

I think there will be more poaching this year. I think we will have another four fifth years.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think there will be more poaching this year. I think we will have another four fifth years.

Hopefully some will be able to come in the Spring, like Murphy did. Even if we get Williams back, and he is healthy, we will only have 7 OLs. Trip Thurman (from Florida) would be a nice pickup.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:55 pm

I'd be interested to hear about bowl practices. In the first few practices, the young guys tend to get a little more run. Would have interesting to hear the chatter as to whether Wade looks like he can start next year (or if we are back to the drawing board with a 5th year).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Making a bowl this season is huge for next season, not just at QB but at WR as well
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Secondary looks very thin for next year as things currently stand. Asprilla, Williams, Sylvia, Brown (and Bryce Jones) all gone. Simmons and Johnson returning, only Yiadom and Kam Moore amongst the newcomers got any experience this year and even that was very minimal.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:53 pm

I know LB is not a huge position of need but we've had success w some defensive players from UConn.

Jefferson Ashiru left the team after him and Diaco didn't see eye to eye. Interesting story.

News of him leaving: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-foo ... story.html
Article on how he deserved better from Diaco: http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Bri ... 920025.php
Diaco's dispute of the situation: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-foo ... tml#page=1

had offers from ole miss, miss st, air force, duke
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Secondary looks very thin for next year as things currently stand. Asprilla, Williams, Sylvia, Brown (and Bryce Jones) all gone. Simmons and Johnson returning, only Yiadom and Kam Moore amongst the newcomers got any experience this year and even that was very minimal.

Might be thin, but I think both Yiadom and Kam Moore are going to quickly prove to be better than the people they are replacing.

It was also rumored that RB Richard Wilson would switch to safety, but instead he redshirted at RB this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he flips this offseason.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:59 pm

participation reports on the statistics PDF from the BC website indicate that Wilson did play this yr. whether or not that PDF is accurate is another thing entirely.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:participation reports on the statistics PDF from the BC website indicate that Wilson did play this yr. whether or not that PDF is accurate is another thing entirely.

Wilson played very early on. For some reason, I have the feeling he scored a TD (maybe against UMass). Not curious enough to see if I'm right.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:11 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:participation reports on the statistics PDF from the BC website indicate that Wilson did play this yr. whether or not that PDF is accurate is another thing entirely.

Wilson played very early on. For some reason, I have the feeling he scored a TD (maybe against UMass). Not curious enough to see if I'm right.

He did not score a TD. I never noticed him or heard his name but, fwiiw, someone on TOS said he played special teams. It is impossible to tell with our uniforms. He is not credited with a single tackle.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:10 am

Another name with recent firing/local connections is Tariq Allen (6'3 200lb WR) at Nebraska. Played HS at The Rivers School and had an offer from Wisconsin aside from Nebraska (no BC offer). Was HS class of 2011 and redshirted the 2011 season, so theoretically could be on schedule to graduate as 2014 was his 4th academic year.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Primetime on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:53 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Another name with recent firing/local connections is Tariq Allen (6'3 200lb WR) at Nebraska. Played HS at The Rivers School and had an offer from Wisconsin aside from Nebraska (no BC offer). Was HS class of 2011 and redshirted the 2011 season, so theoretically could be on schedule to graduate as 2014 was his 4th academic year.

Wisco and Nebraska offers, but no BC offer, from a kid who played HS football in Massachusetts. Let that sink in for a minute. Mind boggling. :spaz2 :spaz3
Primetime
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:21 am

Primetime {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Another name with recent firing/local connections is Tariq Allen (6'3 200lb WR) at Nebraska. Played HS at The Rivers School and had an offer from Wisconsin aside from Nebraska (no BC offer). Was HS class of 2011 and redshirted the 2011 season, so theoretically could be on schedule to graduate as 2014 was his 4th academic year.

Wisco and Nebraska offers, but no BC offer, from a kid who played HS football in Massachusetts. Let that sink in for a minute. Mind boggling. :spaz2 :spaz3

I'm assuming Spaz thought he wasn't a "fit". It's amazing how Spaz was able to surpass even my most unhinged rantings.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

I'm assuming Spaz thought he wasn't a "fit". It's amazing how Spaz was able to surpass even my most unhinged rantings.

How do you choose which agenda to go with when you have multiple choices?
I would guessed "Massachusetts high school football sucks" would have taken precedence over "Spaz is a racist".
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:31 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

I would guessed "Massachusetts high school football sucks" would have taken precedence over "Spaz is a racist".

The question is why did BC not offer. Spaz sure as hell didn't think Mass HS football sucked (see wall around the ISL). So, the reason why Spaz didn't offer has to fall into the latter category.

As for my opinion of Mass football, I think Taariq Allen is a great example. Offers from Wisco and Braska... yet... 4 years later he has only 12 catches for his ENTIRE CAREER, barely 100 CAREER yards and only 2 CAREER touchdowns. I know, I know... anyone is better than Chris Crane.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

The question is why did BC not offer. Spaz sure as hell didn't think Mass HS football sucked (see wall around the ISL). So, the reason why Spaz didn't offer has to fall into the latter category.

As for my opinion of Mass football, I think Taariq Allen is a great example. Offers from Wisco and Braska... yet... 4 years later he has only 12 catches for his ENTIRE CAREER, barely 100 CAREER yards and only 2 CAREER touchdowns. I know, I know... anyone is better than Chris Crane.

Without watching him play once I can safely say I would prefer him next year to Dan Crimmins
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

Without watching him play once I can safely say I would prefer him next year to Dan Crimmins

EA coaching staff in agreement.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby maxwell22 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

He could be the next Marcus Grant!

maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

When did we become the EA coaching staff also?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:55 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Primetime {l Wrote}:

When did we become the EA coaching staff also?

My bad. That said, we coach the team for all Interweb outlets.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 am

When does this thread change its name to "Braxton Miller Sweepsteaks"?

Thanks in advance.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:When does this thread change its name to "Braxton Miller Sweepsteaks"?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett's injury ends Braxtons transfer intentions. Might be open competition between two banged up QB's not at 100%. Wouldn't be surprised if Braxton takes his chances trying to win the job.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:48 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:When does this thread change its name to "Braxton Miller Sweepsteaks"?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett's injury ends Braxtons transfer intentions. Might be open competition between two banged up QB's not at 100%. Wouldn't be surprised if Braxton takes his chances trying to win the job.

zero shot he does that if he can fall into another power conference situation where he'd be automatic qb (and he would be at the majority of the power schools)

he cant afford the risk of being a clipboard holder his last year
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:36 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

But don't forget this guy is in the mix, too:

NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:47 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Thanks in advance.

But don't forget this guy is in the mix, too:

CLASSES?? WE TALKING ABOUT CLASSES
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Someone should tell Cardale he sounds ignorant and thats why he is supposed to go to class.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:49 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Someone should tell Cardale he sounds ignorant and thats why he is supposed to go to class.

that would be like a cop telling a black market cigarette salesmen to stop selling cigarettes
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HustlinOwl on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:10 pm

I wish this site had a way to post tweets.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:22 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:I wish this site had a way to post tweets.

you can post them as screen shots, henry hogger

#i-da-ho-fatchickfucker
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium