Home Opener vs UNH

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Home Opener vs UNH

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Assuming we don't get an unforeseen amount of snow I'm planning on attending.

Hoping it will look less like a disaster than I expect.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Re: Home Opener vs UNH

Postby AdamBC on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:22 pm

I refuse to spend time watching BC BBall until I feel like the team wants to win in front of all 100 fans in Conte. I'll be reading the box score at Costco this weekend.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:25 pm

the 2nd member of the EO coaching staff will be in the building.

BOO!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Third member will be en route to NYC for a concert
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:11 pm

Have an SEC-caliber time at the game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:18 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Have an SEC-caliber time at the game.

Is the MAC better than America East at basketball? I need to reshape my agenda slightly with JC at the helm.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Have an SEC-caliber time at the game.

Is the MAC better than America East at basketball? I need to reshape my agenda slightly with JC at the helm.

Substantially
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:16 am

UNH is short and bad (bottom half of our conference).

I'd be concerned if we didn't beat them fairly easily.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:...(bottom half of our conference)...

normally i'm indifferent to eepstein's whining but this was funny to me
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

See what I did there?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:11 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

See what I did there?

You forgot to switch to Roethlisberger
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:17 am

Diallo tore his meniscus and won't play tonight. ENJOY
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:18 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Diallo tore his meniscus and won't play tonight. ENJOY

that stinks
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:33 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Diallo tore his meniscus and won't play tonight. ENJOY

that stinks

It wouldn't be BC hoop without some bad news on opening night. Remember when we would have a pool on who Al was going to suspend at the beginning of each season?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:35 am

Maybe the Don was right about not working hard at practice.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:37 am

I guess Lonnie Jackson is day-to-day with a calf injury and not expected to play tonight, either.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:08 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I guess Lonnie Jackson is day-to-day with a calf injury and not expected to play tonight, either.

This is no great loss.

The Diallo thing is a killer. No one wants to watch Odio or Caudill play
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:53 pm

a few things:

I may be wrong, but I get the sense that Diallo was not going to get big minutes anyways. Defense is his calling card, and he plays for a coach that preaches defense, but the reports of him being extremely raw, led me to believe that he was going to be a short minutes/lot of quick fouls type of player. Either way, BC is one recurring knee injury from Clifford away from forcing Margity under the basket full time. Which would be bad. Very bad. Unless Margity has added 20 pounds of muscle, my guess is that he still plays bombs away from the perimeter. The disappointing part of this, is that Diallo needs the reps/game action. If this turns into a two month injury and BC is under water when he gets back, they should consider keeping him out for the year.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but it is going to be weird watching a BC game without some maniac WHISTLING in my ear every 20 seconds. And also substituting 4 guys 18 seconds into the game.

Attendance: 1,500. Over or under?

Does anybody have any good or bad memories of BC openers: The two that come to my mind are both bad. Providence last year, and St. Joe's in some foreign island about 5 years ago. Both losses.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:57 pm

I see over at HockeyRuption, that Favat guy is going to try to mimick their unreadable football shit, even stealing the Onohue joke.

No biggie though, guy's one of those dudes that has to challenge everything in the comment section, even if it is not his blog, with some obnoxious douchbaggery. Other day someone says that JC was underwhelming based on his not being able close a single target at the top end of the class, and he lit in to him with "they got three under the radar guys" and "we don't know if 3 top 100 recruits could have helped" and "we haven't seen the guy coach a single game yet!!!!"
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:58 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:a few things:

I may be wrong, but I get the sense that Diallo was not going to get big minutes anyways. Defense is his calling card, and he plays for a coach that preaches defense, but the reports of him being extremely raw, led me to believe that he was going to be a short minutes/lot of quick fouls type of player. Either way, BC is one recurring knee injury from Clifford away from forcing Margity under the basket full time. Which would be bad. Very bad. Unless Margity has added 20 pounds of muscle, my guess is that he still plays bombs away from the perimeter. The disappointing part of this, is that Diallo needs the reps/game action. If this turns into a two month injury and BC is under water when he gets back, they should consider keeping him out for the year.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but it is going to be weird watching a BC game without some maniac WHISTLING in my ear every 20 seconds. And also substituting 4 guys 18 seconds into the game.

Does anybody have any good or bad memories of BC openers: The two that come to my mind are both bad. Providence last year, and St. Joe's in some foreign island about 5 years ago. Both losses.

I am going on record saying that, when healthy, Diallo was going to play more minutes than Harold Landry.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: "we don't know if 3 top 100 recruits could have helped"

OK, he's gotta be one of the Donahue's Disciples dipshits, right?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

i think he's one of the ones chaz used to get naked with so b0mo can probably provide some insight
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:10 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

i think he's one of the ones chaz used to get naked with so b0mo can probably provide some insight

No idea, but you can guarantee that the second post in any comment section is some happy horseshit Pollyanna crap from him arguing with the unwashed masses. At least that's what I am told, because I don't like hockey so I don't read it much
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:15 pm

Magarity did add about 20 pounds in the offseason 6-11 240 is great size. Im hoping to see him and Owens have a decent year after both showing some good things as freshman.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:17 pm

TW9: Can we still be friends after the Landry incident? you are holding this over my head. To further aggravate you, I will say that I am surprised that he has not got to the qb more. He seemed more aggressive in the VT and Louisville game. Maybe the offseason surgery stunted his early play.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:19 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:

Magarity did add about 20 pounds in the offseason 6-11 240 is great size. Im hoping to see him and Owens have a decent year after both showing some good things as freshman.

Magerity adding weight still won't solve the fact that he's a SG trapped in a PF body.

Chuck and Duck Forever!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:22 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:TW9: Can we still be friends after the Landry incident? you are holding this over my head. To further aggravate you, I will say that I am surprised that he has not got to the qb more. He seemed more aggressive in the VT and Louisville game. Maybe the offseason surgery stunted his early play.

Asking to be his friend is embarrassing. Please stop.

Way under 1,500. I'll be there!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:53 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:TW9: Can we still be friends after the Landry incident? you are holding this over my head. To further aggravate you, I will say that I am surprised that he has not got to the qb more. He seemed more aggressive in the VT and Louisville game. Maybe the offseason surgery stunted his early play.

He's still learning but he has made plenty of plays in the backfield. Also, that scheme is designed to get KPL/Keyes a bulk of the sacks. Regardless, he's the most talented hand down pass rusher they have.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Can't wait for tip off. Not going to this one, so I'll be yelling at my first row sports feed tonight. It's probably going to be another terrible season, but let's enjoy the ride! Go eagles!! :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Odio starting!
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum