Harvard & MSU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Harvard & MSU

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 am

Odd schedule continues with a Tuesday night home game against Harvard.

Should be interesting, Harvard is off to a nice start (considering they're Harvard) at 1-0-2, tying at Union on Saturday.

Really think the schedule played a factor in Friday's 3rd period. 3rd period was the only one they were outshot, looked like tired legs.

Need to get the powerplay going, 1 for last 23
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Harvard & MSU

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Billett is taking a personal leave from the team

Not too surprising as there have been whispers about something going on. Hope all turns out ok.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Certainly some interesting lineups tonight:

Barone is starting but oddly enough the club goalie they called up is backing him up. Demko isn't even dressed

@JeffCoxSports
Thatcher Demko not dressed tonight for BC. Senior Brad Barone making first collegiate start. He will be backed up by club goalie Alex Joyce

Linell is benched for Gaudreau
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:44 am

Falling down 5-1 at home to Harvard, yikes

Wasn't able to go to this one but sounded like BC sleptwalked through the first (outshot 10-3). Ugly.

Demko didn't dress cause he had a 103 deg fever, unsure if he's making the trip to sparty town this weekend.

Kerfoot scored a hattrick, believe we were recruiting him a while ago.

Edit: I've been a supporter of him but #5 was on the ice for all 6 Harvard goals (I didn't see it and it may be coincidental but...)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:17 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Falling down 5-1 at home to Harvard, yikes

Wasn't able to go to this one but sounded like BC sleptwalked through the first (outshot 10-3). Ugly.

Demko didn't dress cause he had a 103 deg fever, unsure if he's making the trip to sparty town this weekend.

Edit: I've been a supporter of him but #5 was on the ice for all 6 Harvard goals (I didn't see it and it may be coincidental but...)

Again Mattheson is awful. I've been saying this since Day 1. TWB's Kris Letang analogy is perfect, except Mattheson really isn't that great on offense without super skilled players around him.

He isn't alone either, every BC game I've watched they look terribly slow and just meh.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:30 am

Lack of speed this year is disturbing. Reminds me of the team 2 years ago in that dept. Probably worse.

Sounds like a bit of a mess with the goaltending situation, too. We don't have depth behind Demko with Billet gone now.

Also, I still know that this isn't the cause of the problems, but the schedule set up these 2 weeks aren't doing us any favors. Mid week games, travel out West and mid-west, short turnaround times, etc. It will be good to get onto a Friday/Sat schedule that's primarily New England based after this weekend for a bit.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 am

We haven't been this bad since '09. Terribad hockey being played in Conte right now.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 am

Who was the dude that told me BC was built on defense? Good stuff.

Without dynamic speed and offensive talent (which they have had consistently since the late 1990s, so kudos there), BC's back end is looking like Ned Beatty. Solid but not spectacular goaltending, usually one or two decent defensemen - none of that holds up when you can't dominate on O. First time in a long while we have seen it.

If they had two more dynamic guys up front, they wouldn't be great, but they'd be a tourney team and most people would just say "reloading." This feels like "rebuilding," although if there is some F talent in the pipeline for soon, it won't take long.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:15 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Falling down 5-1 at home to Harvard, yikes

Again Mattheson is awful. I've been saying this since Day 1. TWB's Kris Letang analogy is perfect, except Mattheson really isn't that great on offense without super skilled players around him.

He isn't alone either, every BC game I've watched they look terribly slow and just meh.

When was the last time Letang didn't have super-skilled players around him?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:45 am

was in the building last night...few comments:

1. i firmly believe come jan / feb the defense & goalie will be best in the country as a unit. santini, mccoshen, savage, doherty, hanafin will be great. and demko will be demko.
2. ive been a matheson apologist his entire career, but im done. he has played AWFUL this year when i was expecting a leap. not exactly looking like a captain either. also, i dont know if its the system or him being selfish, but ive gotten a little tired of the set up the power play for him to get a one timer 6 times and have most not even get to the net.
3. barone looked okay if were being honest. made multiple big saves, and the d (specifically matheson) offered him NO help. i think hell get better, but at the end of the day he wont be playing much anyway.

i see us being a tournament team, but i dont see how we get to the frozen four unless a 3rd line steps up. the junior and senior forwards have been an absolute disgrace.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:43 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:was in the building last night...few comments:

1. i firmly believe come jan / feb the defense & goalie will be best in the country as a unit. santini, mccoshen, savage, doherty, hanafin will be great. and demko will be demko.
2. ive been a matheson apologist his entire career, but im done. he has played AWFUL this year when i was expecting a leap. not exactly looking like a captain either. also, i dont know if its the system or him being selfish, but ive gotten a little tired of the set up the power play for him to get a one timer 6 times and have most not even get to the net.
3. barone looked okay if were being honest. made multiple big saves, and the d (specifically matheson) offered him NO help. i think hell get better, but at the end of the day he wont be playing much anyway.

i see us being a tournament team, but i dont see how we get to the frozen four unless a 3rd line steps up. the junior and senior forwards have been an absolute disgrace.

We are not a tournament team unless you are referring to the Hockey East Tournament.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:29 am

nice to go on the road and get off the schneid

demko was back off the fever, got goals from secondary scorers. 12 shots on net from the bottom 6, much bettter than the 2 they were averaging against denver, uconn, etc

gaudreau with his 2nd in 2 games, why was he in the stands again?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Return to Kelley Rink