UConn, BU, & Injuries...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

UConn, BU, & Injuries...

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:25 am

Odd schedule for UConn's first home HE game on Wednesday. Should be a good test for a tired group, this has trap game written all over it.

Injury Updates:
Sit left the game Saturday night and had a cast on his arm. Good thing we're so deep down the middle... :roll:

Bob Van Wert of EA reported Demko needs hip surgery at the end of the year but will play through it. It was rumored in the off season (August-ish) that he'd need it but he always said he's fine. Not surprising at all when you consider how big he is and watching him play.

https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1699598

Demko does all this despite those painful hips that are the result of those butterfly saves that are routine for any goalie nowadays. Off the ice he walks like an old man, but the BC coaching and training staff monitors him closely and treats his pains regularly. According to his father, Brenton Demko, his son with have surgery on both hips three days after the current season ends. The recovery period is three or four month and he will be ready to go again before the 2015-2016 season. "The surgery will free up his hips and believe it or not, he will be better than ever," his father said. The surgery is actually a complete cure, he explained, and it is not merely a stopgap treatment for a chronic condition. Will Vancouver keep him at BC next season?

Will be interesting to see if York goes with Demko on Wednesday. And if not, who he goes with as Billet has been the goalie scratched of late, Barone looked better in the exhibition but...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: UConn, BU, & Injuries...

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Uconn is having Brian Leetch drop the ceremonial first puck tomorrow. Ha!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:52 am

According to the kid Sit's playing.

Also nice to see dilusion amongst the UConn fanbase has spread to hockey as well

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?1 ... gin/page10

I think Connecticut could become an eastern version of Minnesota under the right dynamics. UConn is the only New England school that behaves like a traditional land grant school from both operation and appeal. Now, I'm not saying all the way to "pride on ice"... but certainly the potential is there to rise above Boston College just because of the interest within Connecticut for the UConn brand. It'd put UNH or Maine to shame should UConn become winners. Now, current dynamics won't change... BC will be getting the best players for years to come... but let's not ignore the dynamics. Connecticut people like hockey but they need something unifying to cheer for.

I think that Maine, UNH, Vermont, UMass-Lowell will always have their "good years"........but as you stated, UConn has the ability to be a perennial power in the East. Their location, infrastructure, state government support and fan base will give them an overall package advantage that no other Hockey East program has. That being said.......they aren't going to magically rise to the top. It will take some good recruits and a lot of winning to get them there. Tonight will be a good start though.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby slurpees on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}: dilusion

What's that?

Chances tickets go on sale Friday morning for the BU game? Potentially am in need.
slurpees
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:According to the kid Sit's playing.

Also nice to see dilusion amongst the UConn fanbase has spread to hockey as well

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?1 ... gin/page10

I think Connecticut could become an eastern version of Minnesota under the right dynamics. UConn is the only New England school that behaves like a traditional land grant school from both operation and appeal. Now, I'm not saying all the way to "pride on ice"... but certainly the potential is there to rise above Boston College just because of the interest within Connecticut for the UConn brand. It'd put UNH or Maine to shame should UConn become winners. Now, current dynamics won't change... BC will be getting the best players for years to come... but let's not ignore the dynamics. Connecticut people like hockey but they need something unifying to cheer for.

I think that Maine, UNH, Vermont, UMass-Lowell will always have their "good years"........but as you stated, UConn has the ability to be a perennial power in the East. Their location, infrastructure, state government support and fan base will give them an overall package advantage that no other Hockey East program has. That being said.......they aren't going to magically rise to the top. It will take some good recruits and a lot of winning to get them there. Tonight will be a good start though.

Just like they surpassed BC in football.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:27 pm

1-0 loss with Richardson having the lone goal

Disgraciad
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:1-0 loss with Richardson having the lone goal

Disgraciad

Now they will get invited to the Big Ten for sure.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:42 pm

That is.... unfortunate.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:43 am

Wow! Things not looking good. Is it a talent issue? Milano aside, I thought it was the rich were getting richer. BTW, anyone know why Eichel went to BU instead of BC? Academics? Just judged not a BC guy in terms of character? Asking those close to the program. All I know is what I read here.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:14 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:Wow! Things not looking good. Is it a talent issue? Milano aside, I thought it was the rich were getting richer. BTW, anyone know why Eichel went to BU instead of BC? Academics? Just judged not a BC guy in terms of character? Asking those close to the program. All I know is what I read here.

We shouldn't be losing to UConn in hockey regardless of talent.

Seems to me they are missing the top end talent (Wood, Milano, etc) that I'm used to seeing on BC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:21 am

Almost no offense from the bottom two lines.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:53 am

Pretty sure someone will incorrectly call this a WTF loss
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Pretty sure someone will incorrectly call this a WTF loss

Can I call it a trap game?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 am

Not to channel Epstein but it's a talent issue.

As I said on Monday this had trap game written all over it. After a long tough road trip to play a mid week game with BU on Friday and UConn's biggest game in program history.

It does go back to a talent issue.

You simply can't whiff on 2 classes of forwards and expect the team to be where we've come to expect it unless people step up.

Last night the bottom 6 had a combined 2 shots on goal. This weekend, they averaged 2 shots on goal per game. That's nearly impossible, especially considering York cycles 4 lines early in the season. 4 of our defensem out shot the bottom 6 combined last night.

While the recruiting class certainly provided a necessary bump in talent they're FR and young ones.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:49 am

BTW as an exercise, list the best players on the team. Let me know how long it takes you to get to the first upper classman, and then how long until the 2nd.

While this team wasn't killed by early NHL defections, there are bodies they expected to be here for one reason or another aren't (Vatrano, Milano, Richardson, etc.)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:38 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:...As I said on Monday this had trap game written all over it...

MO'J POST!!!!
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Not to channel Epstein but it's a talent issue.

As I said on Monday this had trap game written all over it. After a long tough road trip to play a mid week game with BU on Friday and UConn's biggest game in program history.

You simply can't whiff on 2 classes of forwards and expect the team to be where we've come to expect it unless people step up.

Last night the bottom 6 had a combined 2 shots on goal. This weekend, they averaged 2 shots on goal per game. That's nearly impossible, especially considering York cycles 4 lines early in the season. 4 of our defensem out shot the bottom 6 combined last night.

While the recruiting class certainly provided a necessary bump in talent they're FR and young ones.

The second line should be the third line and on down. It's not a depth of talent issue, but there is very little top end talent on the team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:55 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Not to channel Epstein but it's a talent issue.

The second line should be the third line and on down. It's not a depth of talent issue, but there is very little top end talent on the team.

At forward. Including injured players, the D has talent, as does the goaltender
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NaturalLight on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:56 am

Bad game. Poorly scheduled. This had to have been a favor to Cavanaugh from York, right? Who schedules a Wednesday night away game 4 days after a cross country trip and 2 days before a BU game?
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby talon on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:03 am

Has UConn ever finished in the top half of the shittiest conference in Division 1 hockey?

When I saw the final score was BC being shutout, my immediate thought was "What the Fuck, BC actually lost to that team?"
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby sdhusky on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:40 pm

You guys are going to have to deal with UConn being around.

Not many regionally are going to be able to compete with UConn combination of facilities, budgets for coaches/recruiting & fan support.
sdhusky
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:45 pm

sdhusky {l Wrote}:You guys are going to have to deal with UConn being around.

Not many regionally are going to be able to compete with UConn combination of facilities, budgets for coaches/recruiting & fan support.

Is this myth going to happen on the same pace as the football team is taking over new england?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Is this myth going to happen on the same pace as the football team is taking over new england?

I assume sdhusky is a gag poster right?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I assume sdhusky is a gag poster right?

Don't think so, unless it is someone aliasing as a real UConn inbreed
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby sdhusky on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

My position was we would get to a BCS game faster. We did.

The CT hockey teams are going to have to deal with UConn. Much better fan support. Bigger budgets. Better facilities. Bigger brand.

I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.
sdhusky
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:51 am

sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The CT hockey teams are going to have to deal with UConn. Much better fan support. Bigger budgets. Better facilities. Bigger brand.

I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.

Stop this is absolutely a gag poster.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:01 am

sdhusky {l Wrote}:I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.

Do you count Penn State as a northeast team?
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:35 am

talon {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:I expect that the two best teams in the northeast will be UConn and BC within 5 years.

Do you count Penn State as a northeast team?

Hockey. He's talking hockey
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Stop this is absolutely a gag poster.

sdhusky is not a gag poster. Someone may be mimicking him, but I don't think so.

As for his excitement over an 8-4 team from a dying conference grabbing a BCS bowl before the program hit UMass levels, well, good for him. Funny shit though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Kelley Rink