Santini Wrist Surgery

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Santini Wrist Surgery

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:31 am

Sophomore defenseman Steve Santini (Mahopac, N.Y.) will miss the remainder of the first half of the season following scheduled wrist surgery on Tuesday afternoon, Oct. 28, 2014.

The 6-foot-2 blue liner has skated in every game for Boston College save two games in December last season when he was representing the United States at the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship in Malmo, Sweden.

"Our priority is for Steve to get healthy," head coach Jerry York said. "His presence will be missed throughout this stretch of tough competition ahead of us, but we are looking forward to him returning to our club just after the New Year."

Santini suffered the injury in the middle of the second period against Massachusetts on Oct. 25.

The New Jersey Devils prospect scored his first goal of the year at RIT on Oct. 18. In 39 games at defense, Santini has logged four goals and eight assists with a +27 rating.

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-hockey ... 14aab.html

Sucks.

Hopefully this means Jeke is in and we're not moving forwards to defense...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Santini Wrist Surgery

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:55 pm

What was the knock against Jeke that kept him from getting time last year and did he improve it enough to keep York from sliding Linnel back there?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:21 am

To be honest, I have no idea.

I thought he looked pretty good in extended time a couple of years ago. Thought it was a far better option than shuffling people out of position but what do I know :shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:14 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:To be honest, I have no idea.

I thought he looked pretty good in extended time a couple of years ago. Thought it was a far better option than shuffling people out of position but what do I know :shrug

No idea what York's seen over the offseason, obviously. I'm just going on a hunch it will be Linnell since he stuck with him back there for about half the year before Doherty earned his way in.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Kelley Rink