Everything about Soccer Sucks

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Everything about Soccer Sucks

Postby hansen on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hopefully he's better at prognosticating world cup than he is at prognosticating nba

also, hopefully ted williams frozen head falls on belgium

I don't bet soccer. It's like playing craps. There's probably a way to win but only like 6 people know what the fuck it is.

i wasn't talking about gambling, i was referring to your inability to pick'em in general.

i'm with you on gambling futbol - how can someone gamble on a draw when it's unpossible for the match to end in a draw?

Plus, there's always a 50% chance of match fixing going on in all but a handful of countries.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:hopefully he's better at prognosticating world cup than he is at prognosticating nba

I don't bet soccer. It's like playing craps. There's probably a way to win but only like 6 people know what the fuck it is.

i wasn't talking about gambling, i was referring to your inability to pick'em in general.

i'm with you on gambling futbol - how can someone gamble on a draw when it's unpossible for the match to end in a draw?

I pick em just fine, thanks. You could take a lesson or two.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

why would i take a lesson from someone i beat all but once (with the once being a year of duress)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:08 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

why would i take a lesson from someone i beat all but once (with the once being a year of duress)

So once?

Talking shit from 8th place to the 9th place guy is a little beneath even an H&R block cubicle denizen.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:30 am

you know that's not beneath anyone here. better is better even if it's second to last talking shit to last. jerk.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you know that's not beneath anyone here. better is better even if it's second to last talking shit to last. jerk.

second is first loser. there are no degrees of winning. this ain't soccer.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:55 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you know that's not beneath anyone here. better is better even if it's second to last talking shit to last. jerk.

second is first loser. there are no degrees of winning. this ain't soccer.

by the way - the top 8 make it to the regular season. hope you enjoyed spring training because 9th place is OUT!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Fucking Wondolowski
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:16 pm

If only Wondo could actually, you know, score goals.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:33 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:If only Wondo could actually, you know, score goals.

Didn't we replace our coach who basically had us play exactly like this 4 years ago?
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:34 pm

While you're piling on Wondo, take some shots at the guy that was actually onsides, Dempsey, who successfully hit the goalie 3-4 times.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Oh, and one minute of stoppage time is laugh out loud funny. If the US unis said "Portugal," they'd still be playing.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:40 pm

Don't worry guys, ther's always the next preseason.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:43 pm

see you fuTb0l w3ird0z in 4 years
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Fuuuuuuuudggge
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Donovan would have ...er ... no, my bad carry on.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:25 pm

I think that the bald guy stinks at foosball.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Our goalie or goal keeper or whatever the fuck he's called, was amazing. We should have lost that 15-nil. Fortunately we lost respectably and can now exit quietly from this shit show.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:Our goalie or goal keeper or whatever the fuck he's called, was amazing. We should have lost that 15-nil. Fortunately we lost respectably and can now exit quietly from this shit show.

We'll always have memories of that win over Ghana. Or whichever small African country it was that we beat. That was awesome. Go Merica!
Last edited by Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:Our goalie or goal keeper or whatever the fuck he's called, was amazing. We should have lost that 15-nil. Fortunately we lost respectably and can now exit quietly from this shit show.

We'll always have memories of that win over Ghana. Or whichever small African country it was that was that we beat. That was awesome. Go Merica!

Is Belgium even a real country?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:While you're piling on Wondo, take some shots at the guy that was actually onsides, Dempsey, who successfully hit the goalie 3-4 times.

Dempsey actually brings something to the table. Wondo...not so much. Regardless, it's not really an either or thing as you're intimating. And Wondo still sucks.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:08 pm

They should have had Yedlin and his SEC speeeed play up front....he was a threat. Oh well, there is always 2018! :flagus
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:42 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:While you're piling on Wondo, take some shots at the guy that was actually onsides, Dempsey, who successfully hit the goalie 3-4 times.

Dempsey actually brings something to the table. Wondo...not so much. Regardless, it's not really an either or thing as you're intimating. And Wondo still sucks.

Dempsey and Wondo need to go before the US is good. More talent, less grit. That said, Wondo put balls on the feet of Jones and Dempsey that should have been goals, period. Both choked, just like Wondo did.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Saying Dempsey isn't a useful player is stupid considering he'd get significant run on likely more than half of the teams at the World Cup. He, and much of the midfield, got hurt by the fact Jozy wasn't available to draw multiple defenders and create space for the attack to operate. He's not as good as he was a couple years back when he was tearing up the EPL and his return to the States was disappointing but he's still pretty damn useful.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:44 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Saying Dempsey isn't a useful player is stupid considering he'd get significant run on likely more than half of the teams at the World Cup. He, and much of the midfield, got hurt by the fact Jozy wasn't available to draw multiple defenders and create space for the attack to operate. He's not as good as he was a couple years back when he was tearing up the EPL and his return to the States was disappointing but he's still pretty damn useful.

No one said he wasn't useful other than the blatent whiff on the the Wondo set up on the set piece. WHIFF. Same goes for Jones on the Wondo header that he put on Jones feet for a WHIFF.

More talent, less dudes with broken noses
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:45 pm

PS Wondo stinks. But he normally pots that gimmie.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and one minute of stoppage time is laugh out loud funny. If the US unis said "Portugal," they'd still be playing.

I think Klinnsman's "are you fucking kidding me?!" to the assistant referee or whatever the dude's called that holds up the amount of additional time on that board summed up the 1 minute perfectly.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:58 am

Demosey's first touch out of that set piece feed was terrible.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Saying Dempsey isn't a useful player is stupid considering he'd get significant run on likely more than half of the teams at the World Cup. He, and much of the midfield, got hurt by the fact Jozy wasn't available to draw multiple defenders and create space for the attack to operate. He's not as good as he was a couple years back when he was tearing up the EPL and his return to the States was disappointing but he's still pretty damn useful.

No one said he wasn't useful other than the blatent whiff on the the Wondo set up on the set piece. WHIFF. Same goes for Jones on the Wondo header that he put on Jones feet for a WHIFF.

So he doesn't need to go before the US is good now? Putting Wondo and Dempsey in the same sentence like that as you did is full retard.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:21 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

So he doesn't need to go before the US is good now? Putting Wondo and Dempsey in the same sentence like that as you did is full retard.

He's much better than Wondo, no one said otherwise. Both are garbage men scorers that feed off of other players. Altidore getting hurt almost neutralized Dempsey. Both need to go before the US is any threat, however, and that's not really questionable. Talent level of the field players is just not there. Maybe Bradley, but he played poorly. Maybe the kids, but we haven't seen enough, other than perhaps Yedlin, who is ridiculously talented.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field