Mets Weirdos

Home of Football Tailgating, Intramural Football and the occasional baseball game
Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Mets Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 14, 2014 7:18 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:the need to start using some of the young arms. enough of them wasting bullets in vegas.

think montero will be starting instead of mejia in the subway series which should be interesting.

Was at the game last night. Having Mejia pitch pretty much saved the Mets. Had only been to the "new" Yankee Stadium for the Rangers-Islanders game and was impressed with the amount of Mets fans. The Yankees also blatantly ripped off the Mets gimmick of Professor Reyes teaching Spanish from back in the day. :ace

Kudos for going to the Rangers-Islanders game. I went to the Rangers-Devils a couple of days earlier and was freezing, that Wednesday was supposed to be even colder & at night. Apparently there was a group of Mets fans that took up a couple of sections in left field, no clue how they got their hands on entire sections.

Ah Profesor Reyes. Seems like Los Mets went away when Minaya was shipped out, the only hispanic everyday players are Lagares & Tejada.

Maybe the Mets should move their games to Yankee stadium? Jesus what a bandbox. They would have 4/5 players hit 20 if they played at that place

Agreed with tedwardo the yankees are in trouble. Their infield is a joke, their farm system is worse and they can't buy their way out of it as so few players in their prime get to FA.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed May 14, 2014 11:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:the need to start using some of the young arms. enough of them wasting bullets in vegas.

think montero will be starting instead of mejia in the subway series which should be interesting.

Was at the game last night. Having Mejia pitch pretty much saved the Mets. Had only been to the "new" Yankee Stadium for the Rangers-Islanders game and was impressed with the amount of Mets fans. The Yankees also blatantly ripped off the Mets gimmick of Professor Reyes teaching Spanish from back in the day. :ace

Kudos for going to the Rangers-Islanders game. I went to the Rangers-Devils a couple of days earlier and was freezing, that Wednesday was supposed to be even colder & at night. Apparently there was a group of Mets fans that took up a couple of sections in left field, no clue how they got their hands on entire sections.

Ah Profesor Reyes. Seems like Los Mets went away when Minaya was shipped out, the only hispanic everyday players are Lagares & Tejada.

Maybe the Mets should move their games to Yankee stadium? Jesus what a bandbox. They would have 4/5 players hit 20 if they played at that place

Agreed with tedwardo the yankees are in trouble. Their infield is a joke, their farm system is worse and they can't buy their way out of it as so few players in their prime get to FA.

They are called the 7 Line Army which is an off shoot of the Logitano Army. A full section wearing Orange and chanting "we can't hear you" down to the bleacher creatures. To have a stadium that small and such horrible pitching it would be as if they do not have a real GM with any plan other than to spend billions of dollars on hoping, oh.... :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

They are called the 7 Line Army which is an off shoot of the Logitano Army. A full section wearing Orange and chanting "we can't hear you" down to the bleacher creatures. To have a stadium that small and such horrible pitching it would be as if they do not have a real GM with any plan other than to spend billions of dollars on hoping, oh.... :ace

The 7 Line Army had 250 people there last year, 500 this year. It's becoming a thing.

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 14, 2014 12:02 pm

I thoroughly enjoy retarded Mets fans yammering about the demise of the Yankees. Normally I have to call my brother to get this sort of "insight" and yet here it is on the Interwebs in all its glory. yeah, the Yankess suck. So what? They suck so badly they have an identical record to the Mets. I don't think they are doing much this year but I can guarantee they will hoist the WS trophy again well before the Mets ever do. Why? Because I'll see your Brian Cashman and raise you a Fred Wilpon.

I was sitting in box seats behind the Mets dugout in 2000 when Luis Sojo put the stake through your miserable hearts and I thoroughly enjoyed the premature celebration when Piazza's steroid fueled "home run" to center field fell harmlessly into Bernie Williams glove for the final out. Had a car service lined up to go home to Manhattan but actually elected to take the 7 back to GCT so I could enjoy the sad tears of the worst fans in baseball.

Anyone who roots for the the abomination of a franchise that used to play in the blue and orange ramshackle eyesore that was named after a shyster and now plays in a field named after the entity most responsible for taking down the US economy in 2008 (it should be renamed TARP field), should also be required by law to root for the Islanders, Nets and Jets.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 14, 2014 12:06 pm

nice job capturing the cuse billboard in there as well.

they do a bunch of roadtrips, last year went to wrigley

think this year they're doing miami. given that it's miami they may out number marlins fans there
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 14, 2014 12:20 pm

OPS for the month of May:
Murphy 1.130
Granderson 1.056
EYJ 1.031
Wright .942
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:... (it should be renamed TARP field) ...

This was one of the funnier things I have seen in a while.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Wed May 14, 2014 1:50 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

The 7 Line Army had 250 people there last year, 500 this year. It's becoming a thing.

Just like the Logitano Army. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed May 14, 2014 1:58 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:

Just like the Logitano Army. :ace

...except gayer.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 pm

there's something gayer than the logitano army? does steve perry know this?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed May 14, 2014 2:31 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:there's something gayer than the logitano army? does steve perry know this?

Probably not, but I bet Ace Simmons does.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri May 16, 2014 8:16 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:there's something gayer than the logitano army? does steve perry know this?

Probably not, but I bet Ace Simmons does.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun May 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Eric Campbell is getting a lot of positive press as of late. Gary Cohen talked about how we use the baseball field for tailgating today with Eric up at the plate. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon May 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Ralph Kiner is dead.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue May 27, 2014 8:59 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Ralph Kiner is dead.

GDIAF. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 28, 2014 7:57 am

Sandy's line of revenue begetting more spending is incredibly tone deaf, even if it isn't what he means.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 28, 2014 8:30 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Sandy's line of revenue begetting more spending is incredibly tone deaf, even if it isn't what he means.

I could forgive his comments if that ridiculous letter challenging the fan base a month ago never happened.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 am

Flores better start tonight. Too much Tejada this week.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Agreed, give Flores the job until he loses it. I know they said he can't play SS and he's no Andrelton Simmons certainly but he's made most of the plays hit his way. For a team that struggles hitting, I can't take any more of Tejada's .245 slugging %.

I know Flores is only slugging .231 but it's been 35 ABs. We know what Tejada is at this stage.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Thu May 29, 2014 10:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Agreed, give Flores the job until he loses it. I know they said he can't play SS and he's no Andrelton Simmons certainly but he's made most of the plays hit his way. For a team that struggles hitting, I can't take any more of Tejada's .245 slugging %.

I know Flores is only slugging .231 but it's been 35 ABs. We know what Tejada is at this stage.

Young popping up on a 3-0 grooved fastball with the bases loaded was not a good sign. Then again Duda struck out before that happened on pitch in the dirt. I think everyday it is becoming more and more clear Duda is not very good. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 am

Agreed

The frustrating this is he shows flashes but at 28 years old he is what he is at this stage.

Good to see Zack have a nice outing.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 30, 2014 7:53 am

What's the over/under on how many games the Mets finish behind the Nats this year?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri May 30, 2014 10:47 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:What's the over/under on how many games the Mets finish behind the Nats this year?

I'll answer this seriously and say 7.5.

At full strength, I think the Nats are a 92 win club and the Mets are a 78 win club, but the Nats got bit by the injury bug hard and Strasburg still has yet to do his annual DL stint.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri May 30, 2014 3:34 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:What's the over/under on how many games the Mets finish behind the Nats this year?

I am willing to bet you the Mets end up finishing ahead of the Nats this year! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:15 pm

shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Season turned for the better today. Mets will be back over 500 before July 4th, Huey Lewis and the News concert July 12th at the latest. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:17 am

Please let last night be a sign of things to come with Wheeler.

Please let these past 4 games mean Wright is normalizing after his poor start. His OPS is up 27 points since Monday.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:Season turned for the better today. Mets will be back over 500 before July 4th, Huey Lewis and the News concert July 12th at the latest. :ace

Bump! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:46 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:Season turned for the better today. Mets will be back over 500 before July 4th, Huey Lewis and the News concert July 12th at the latest. :ace

5 of 6 :ace
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:

5 of 6 :ace

I believe that we will win! :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Shea Field