recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: recruiting 2014 and beyond (h00ps weird0s beat off list)

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I find it bizarre that, after employing his family for as many years as we did, Bonzie Colson Jr. has never been mentioned on this board. Of course, Don's success with kids raised in Mass and who have connections to the school is non-existent. So... that might explain the lack of discussion.

Given how it ended for Bonzie, I don't think he is in a rush to send his kid to BC. Also, I think Bonzie will end up where ever his dad is hired.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Dominique Uhl update from Adam Zagoria:
Dom Uhl, a 6-foot-8, 195-pound forward from Point Pleasant (N.J.) Beach, enjoyed his official visit to Temple and is now done with his visits.

“I had a great time up there,” he told SNY.tv. “I like the coaches a lot.”

Uhl has also visited Boston College and Iowa but will not visit Miami after they landed two frontcourt players last week.

Point Pleasant Beach coach Nick Catania said, “I would think by Oct. 11 we will have a decision.”

Power forward Ben Bentil chose Providence Monday over several schools, including Temple, making Uhl a bigger priority for the Owls.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:50 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Dominique Uhl update from Adam Zagoria:
Dom Uhl, a 6-foot-8, 195-pound forward from Point Pleasant (N.J.) Beach, enjoyed his official visit to Temple and is now done with his visits.

“I had a great time up there,” he told SNY.tv. “I like the coaches a lot.”

Uhl has also visited Boston College and Iowa but will not visit Miami after they landed two frontcourt players last week.

Point Pleasant Beach coach Nick Catania said, “I would think by Oct. 11 we will have a decision.”

Power forward Ben Bentil chose Providence Monday over several schools, including Temple, making Uhl a bigger priority for the Owls.

I have to breathe a sigh of relief; Miami was the competitor I most feared. BC may still lose Uhl, but it's harder to see how. He just doesn't look like a fit at Iowa for the bruising Big Ten style of play (although they obviously think otherwise), and we already beat out Temple for Magarity, who with Heckmann gives us a pretty high level of Eurocredibility. I may be an idiot, but I'm feeling just a tiny bit optimistic about Uhl, and I don't feel that way very often.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Don't lose Uhl to Temple... come on Donahue
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:22 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Don't lose Uhl to Temple... come on Donahue

4/5 on 247 have predicted him to Temple...wouldn't get your hopes up. According to twitter, Temple is probably the leader with BC a close second and then Iowa behind them.

Temple would probably allow him more meaningful playing time early than BC, and he's publicly stated playing time in freshman year is a big part of his decision.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

4/5 on 247 have predicted him to Temple...wouldn't get your hopes up. According to twitter, Temple is probably the leader with BC a close second and then Iowa behind them.

Temple would probably allow him more meaningful playing time early than BC, and he's publicly stated playing time in freshman year is a big part of his decision.

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:34 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

Wait... seriously? We are justifying potentially losing a recruit to Temple over playing time? Did this really just happen?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bcbasketball20 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:13 am

he would still get solid minutes as a freshman, 10-15 a game. then for the next 3 years he would be a starter getting 30+ minutes a game. come to BC man, its the right choice here..
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

Postby Iggle on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 pm

everything else about picking Temple over BC aside, It makes perfect sense that he wouldn't be starting his freshman year since it looks like he has a comparable skillset to Ryan Anderson
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:40 pm

2014 PF Justin Johnson is visiting tomorrow. Remember, he was considered a backup plan to Uhl.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:2014 PF Justin Johnson is visiting tomorrow. Remember, he was considered a backup plan to Uhl.

Sounds exactly like the type of kid The Don would have targetted at Cornell. Why am I not surprised?
http://blogs.courier-journal.com/recrui ... ge-auburn/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:2014 PF Justin Johnson is visiting tomorrow. Remember, he was considered a backup plan to Uhl.

Sounds exactly like the type of kid The Don would have targetted at Cornell. Why am I not surprised?

HJS, please stop posting on EO.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Also visiting BC tomorrow are 2015 SF Matt Ryan, 2014 PG Matt Farrell, 2015 PG Daquon Ervin and 2016 PG Howard Washington.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:17 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Just because he's right and you're wrong doesn't mean you need to get all upset about it
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Just because he's right and you're wrong doesn't mean you need to get all upset about it

I think it has to be said in fairness that Johnson is a cut above Donahue's Cornell recruiting; after all, Providence offered him (and BC outlasted them for once). I believe Johnson would be a useful contributor at BC, although he's obviously radically different from Uhl (whom I'd rather have, of course). In any case, all of this is likely to be settled in the next week or so.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

While HJS is exaggerating a bit about Johnson, I can't blame him. What's the excuse now? The Don can't land a quality 2014 kid because all of the prospects want to play in their frosh year? Our Cornell and Hobart assistants are a force to be reckoned with. What has Akbar Waheed done on the recruiting trail? It's like he doesn't even exist.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:57 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

While HJS is exaggerating a bit about Johnson, I can't blame him. What's the excuse now? The Don can't land a quality 2014 kid because all of the prospects want to play in their frosh year? Our Cornell and Hobart assistants are a force to be reckoned with. What has Akbar Waheed done on the recruiting trail? It's like he doesn't even exist.

Mo-j is retarded. But this is true. Also mo-j is dumb.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:21 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I think it has to be said in fairness that Johnson is a cut above Donahue's Cornell recruiting; after all, Providence offered him (and BC outlasted them for once). I believe Johnson would be a useful contributor at BC, although he's obviously radically different from Uhl (whom I'd rather have, of course). In any case, all of this is likely to be settled in the next week or so.

We outlasted Providence last year on the court. We didn't outlast them for Johnson. Providence has three highly rated recruits and one plays Johnson's position. They are all rated in the top 100 by a couple of recruiting sites.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby bcbasketball20 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:24 pm

think they will take 2 guys and plan for some one to leave the program or play it safe and just sign one guy for 2014?
bcbasketball20
Carney Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:26 pm

bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:think they will take 2 guys and plan for some one to leave the program or play it safe and just sign one guy for 2014?

I think they take 1 and plan for a huge 2015 class.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:09 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:
bcbasketball20 {l Wrote}:think they will take 2 guys and plan for some one to leave the program or play it safe and just sign one guy for 2014?

I think they take 1 and plan for a huge 2015 class.

As matters stand, "huge" is almost an understatement. At present, BC has seven (7) scholarship players on the roster whose eligibility expires in 2015: Odio, Caudill, Anderson, Jackson, Dragicevich, Clifford, and Heckmann. If Donahue fills all their slots with incoming freshmen, we'll still be stuck with the gross imbalance of classes Skinner saddled us with; if he can find a couple of quality transfers, it might inconvenience us for one year, but would help over the longer term.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:30 am

Chris Anderson of BC's 247 site predicted Justin Johnson to BC after his visit.

Also, didn't notice this, but 2 people predicted 2015 PF Jeremy Miller (ranked #94 in the country by Rivals) to BC. Doesn't matter too much since his decision is probably a few months away, but good to know that BC is the favorite (for now).
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:03 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Chris Anderson of BC's 247 site predicted Justin Johnson to BC after his visit.

WOW!!! That's pretty impressive considering the other schools we are in competition with for his services. Way to go Don!!! This should shut-up all the Wah-Wahs who constantly complain about this staff's ability to recruit.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:38 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Chris Anderson of BC's 247 site predicted Justin Johnson to BC after his visit.

WOW!!! That's pretty impressive considering the other schools we are in competition with for his services. Way to go Don!!! This should shut-up all the Wah-Wahs who constantly complain about this staff's ability to recruit.

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:01 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:As matters stand, "huge" is almost an understatement. At present, BC has seven (7) scholarship players on the roster whose eligibility expires in 2015: Odio, Caudill, Anderson, Jackson, Dragicevich, Clifford, and Heckmann. If Donahue fills all their slots with incoming freshmen, we'll still be stuck with the gross imbalance of classes Skinner saddled us with; if he can find a couple of quality transfers, it might inconvenience us for one year, but would help over the longer term.

Are you really fucking still blaming Skinner?????? :tdw
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:17 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:As matters stand, "huge" is almost an understatement. At present, BC has seven (7) scholarship players on the roster whose eligibility expires in 2015: Odio, Caudill, Anderson, Jackson, Dragicevich, Clifford, and Heckmann. If Donahue fills all their slots with incoming freshmen, we'll still be stuck with the gross imbalance of classes Skinner saddled us with; if he can find a couple of quality transfers, it might inconvenience us for one year, but would help over the longer term.

Are you really fucking still blaming Skinner?????? :tdw

Speaking of Skinner... he inherited a MUCH worse situation than Don... and in Year 4 went 27-5. Just saying...
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

If you don't want to be horrified, dont watch his highlights.

In fairness, wasnt Providence and Auburn in his Final 5?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I don't know who was in Final 5. But, if he chose Providence, it would be Cooley's greatest recruiting coup to date. I mean... to get a player of Johnson's quality to pay his own way and be a walk-on for the Friars is damn impressive.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: 2014 Recruiting

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:07 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:2014 6'9 PF Jacquil Taylor from Cambridge, MA does have a Boston College offer.

Other offers from Providence, Maryland, UMass, Temple, Saint Joseph's

Going to Purdue.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum