Northeastern

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Northeastern

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:33 am

Congrats to Coen on winning his conference

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/m ... story.html
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Northeastern

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:38 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Congrats to Coen on winning his conference

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/m ... story.html

More than two decades since my alma mater won a conference championship in men's basketball. It feels great. I wish I was a part of it (guess I should send my school a check or something.)

There is still work to do. We need to finish up the regular season with a win, finish 20-10. Then we need to win two more in the CAA tourney (Northeastern gets a "bye week" in the CAA tourney.) @ 22-10 and as conf champs, I can't see how the NCAA would give us the automatic death sentence of a 16-seed. So that's the goal.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 am

doesn't the night school have its own team you should be rooting for? something naia/cyo based?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:50 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:doesn't the night school have its own team you should be rooting for? something naia/cyo based?

heh. yeah.

I don't care if my alma mater might not regard me as a "real" alum because I graduated NU the cheapie way (at night.) Sticking us in our own graduation ceremonies away from the undergrad day students with shit-ball commencement speakers may mean we are worth less to the school, but I am still Husky black and red through-and-through.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 pm

through and through and that's why you're here at the BC board.

now i get it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 pm

And I've never seen IB opine or demonstrate a passing knowledge of NU sports until about a month ago when all these basketball posts started appearing.

IB, do you know the name of the coach?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

this question provides me with entertainment
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:00 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:And I've never seen IB opine or demonstrate a passing knowledge of NU sports until about a month ago when all these basketball posts started appearing.

b0mber, did you read the first post in this thread?

even people who look at things through-and-through can start from the top
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 pm

So you have a last name. How about his first?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:So you have a last name. How about his first?

How about Bill?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:08 pm

What was his previous job? Try not to use Wikipedia this time.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

this question provides me with entertainment

you know what provides me with entertainment, being a sports bigamist.

you see I can root for BC to beat the crap out of everyone and join in all our pleasure at seeing BC win and our pain of watching BC lose. i can be part of that. and at the same time, i can root for Northeastern, whenever I want, and have no consternation in doing so.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:What was his previous job? Try not to use Wikipedia this time.

I have no idea and I don't care. All I care about (at the moment) is that my company is taking us out to lunch and then to a Cactus game between the Reds and the Rockies. See ya.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:What was his previous job? Try not to use Wikipedia this time.

I have no idea and I don't care. All I care about (at the moment) is that my company is taking us out to lunch and then to a Cactus game between the Reds and the Rockies. See ya.

This is funny.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

This is funny.

noclue {l Wrote}:you know what provides me with entertainment, being a sports bigamist.

you see I can root for BC to beat the crap out of everyone and join in all our pleasure at seeing BC win and our pain of watching BC lose. i can be part of that. and at the same time, i can root for Northeastern, whenever I want, and have no consternation in doing so.

this makes it funnier
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Yup.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

the mental image of him eating at the cactus ball park without consuming any carbs is the funniest of all
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Just saying, if the Northeastern team I saw against James Madison won their conference, then they are gonna get blasted in March.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 pm

If we weren't in the middle of Lent, Fernie Flaman would be kicking IB's ass right now.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:35 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the mental image of him eating at the cactus ball park without consuming any carbs is the funniest of all

welp, I'm back. game is still going on but I've had enough

saw two triples AND a triple play (don't see those too often.) lunch was at a small restaurant around the corner from the office (for me, chicken wings and salad, trying to be good)

apparently the pitcher who threw a 105 mph fast ball in 2010 pitched either the second or third inning for the reds. didn't know anyone could throw overhand that fast, set a MLB record. game was lots of fun, basically an early skirt day for all the young cuties in our office that are busy husband hunting
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:37 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Just saying, if the Northeastern team I saw against James Madison won their conference, then they are gonna get blasted in March.

you could be right. NU can't get a rebound (might be the worst rebounding team in the tourney.) but if our boys go 27-for-27 at the free throw line in the first game (like they did last night), I like our chances. Georgia State played out of their mind great last night at home, and NU still got the victory

it will all be for naught if NU doesn't win the CAA tourney outright. The CAA will probably only be sending one school to the tourney. the NIT just does't do it for me.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the mental image of him eating at the cactus ball park without consuming any carbs is the funniest of all

saw two triples AND a triple play (don't see those too often.) lunch was at a small restaurant around the corner from the office (for me, chicken wings and salad, trying to be good)

apparently the pitcher who threw a 105 mph fast ball in 2010 pitched either the second or third inning for the reds. didn't know anyone could throw overhand that fast, set a MLB record. game was lots of fun, basically an early skirt day for all the young cuties in our office that are busy husband hunting

how were the chicken wings prepared? THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

how were the chicken wings prepared? THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

no sauce. baked, no flavor added

they had terydactyl and suicide wings, but I did not eat those. i ate the plain ones
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Just saying, if the Northeastern team I saw against James Madison won their conference, then they are gonna get blasted in March.

you could be right. NU can't get a rebound (might be the worst rebounding team in the tourney.) but if our boys go 27-for-27 at the free throw line in the first game (like they did last night), I like our chances. Georgia State played out of their mind great last night at home, and NU still got the victory

it will all be for naught if NU doesn't win the CAA tourney outright. The CAA will probably only be sending one school to the tourney. the NIT just does't do it for me.

Jesus, any team that goes 27/27 from the line would win the game. You're on that 16 line almost every time you post.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Mods, please change the name of this thread to "FHCBC." Thanks.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 am

IB do you still not know what Coen's previous job was?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:IB do you still not know what Coen's previous job was?

Funny this whole topic came up... I met Pat Duquette's cousin yesterday out here in Vegas.

And really IB... you can't figure out why WE think it's funny that you don't know where your HC coached before NU.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:IB do you still not know what Coen's previous job was?

Funny this whole topic came up... I met Pat Duquette's cousin yesterday out here in Vegas.

And really IB... you can't figure out why WE think it's funny that you don't know where your HC coached before NU.

what that Coen was an assistant to uncle Al at BC? Great. Good for BC and good for NU that they have him. Would you guys at BC rather have had Coen promoted than have Donahue? (You all could argue about that until they are blue in the face.) Aren't you happy for Coen and the remarkable job he did this year? I know I am.

It was pure coaching this year. Northeastern's players can't get a fucking rebound. Their players are much too short and not nearly athletic enough (can't jump for shit) to get offensive or defensive rebounds against division-1 basketball players. Coen can't recruit the best rebonders, they don't want to go to Northeastern. Fortunately, Coen has coached his fucking ass off designing an offense and a defense focused around the lack of rebounding ability of this team. Shooting, pure shooting, going to net on offense, points for transition, let them do whatever they can do and focus on that. And make them as good as they can be in the areas they can produce.

NU hasn't been clobbered by anyone this year, they've been in almost every game. Now they haven't exactly clobbered anyone themselves, but that is okay. They keep it close and pull it out at the end. That is good tournament play basketball. Unfortunately, Indiana, Duke, Miami, Kansas, and Gonzaga are a whole lot better than any teams NU have played this year, that's for damn sure. They draw a 16, and NU is fucked. A 15, and maybe NU has a chance against a Michigan, a Michigan State, or a Louisville.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:38 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:what that Coen was an assistant to uncle Al at BC? Great. Good for BC and good for NU that they have him. Would you guys at BC rather have had Coen promoted than have Donahue? (You all could argue about that until they are blue in the face.) Aren't you happy for Coen and the remarkable job he did this year? I know I am.

We are happy for Coen. That is how this post started (really, can't you read from the beginning?).

We are laughing at you because you purport to be a big BC fan since back in the day, made a post about how you cheer for both schools, and then in the immediate next post, said you didn't know and didn't care where Coen came from.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:NU hasn't been clobbered by anyone this year

20 point loss not a clobbering? Just trolling the box scores here:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323640005
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Next