OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 am

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I usually don't do the whole "Team X lost, so they have to move down in the rankings" thing. that's because it's dumb. what is this, college football? Miami is still the 2nd best team in the country behind Indiana, and slightly ahead of Michigan and a Kelly-less Duke.

I understand your defense of the ACC, but there isn't a team in that conference that belongs in the top 5. I've seen bracket predictions with the Mountain West and A10 getting in more teams than the ACC.

I've been saying this since December and I don't even like sports
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I usually don't do the whole "Team X lost, so they have to move down in the rankings" thing. that's because it's dumb. what is this, college football? Miami is still the 2nd best team in the country behind Indiana, and slightly ahead of Michigan and a Kelly-less Duke.

I understand your defense of the ACC, but there isn't a team in that conference that belongs in the top 5. I've seen bracket predictions with the Mountain West and A10 getting in more teams than the ACC.

I've been saying this since December and I don't even like sports

Making the trek to Greensboro this year TRE?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:22 pm

While the "trek" is all of a 35 minute drive, I will not participate in the acc tournament this year. Not worth the vacation days
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:While the "trek" is all of a 35 minute drive, I will not participate in the acc tournament this year. Not worth the vacation days

You say that now.

But when BC is playing Miami in the final game of the ACC tourney for all the marbles, you may change your tune....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:00 pm

and it will be on a sunday which would not require vacation days.

how certain are you that bc makes the finals? cal to the final four certain? lincoln as best picture certain? oregon to the national championship certain? bc as a college not a university certain?

THIS IS IMPORTANT as it impacts my ticket buying
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:and it will be on a sunday which would not require vacation days.

how certain are you that bc makes the finals? cal to the final four certain? lincoln as best picture certain? oregon to the national championship certain? bc as a college not a university certain?

the only thing that is certain this year (in the ACC) is uncertainty. that Maryland could beat Duke and then lose to BC... and Miami getting crushed by Wake? at this point, nothing would surprise me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:and it will be on a sunday which would not require vacation days.

the only thing that is certain this year (in the ACC) is uncertainty. that Maryland could beat Duke and then lose to BC... and Miami getting crushed by Wake? at this point, nothing would surprise me.

Ah, yes. This is the most unpredictable sports season in IB's mind since the previous sports season. You are a walking billboard for recency bias.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Ah, yes. This is the most unpredictable sports season in IB's mind since the previous sports season. You are a walking billboard for recency bias.

recency bias, I like that. may I quote you?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 pm

don't let him chaz... it will likely drop you to 50% gay. i can't imagine you operating at such a handicap
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:15 pm

heh
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I didn't make it up. It's something that is observed in research circles and is a term thrown around in investing as well.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I didn't make it up. It's something that is observed in research circles and is a term thrown around in investing as well.

fair enough
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 pm

And frankly, I'm mis-using the true definition here.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:And frankly, I'm mis-using the true definition here.

which would not be a recency error on your part
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:41 am

Big game tonight @ Georgia State. We lost a close one the last time we played them. From here on out for my Huskies it is "win-or-go-home" as I'm pretty much convinced there is no chance that NU will do better than a 16-seed in their bracket with more than 10 losses should they win the CAA tournament. Got to get that 15 or 14. Can't. Get. Another. Loss. Have to win out....

We've already secured the #1 seed in the CAA tourney. Still, gotta go 20-10 in the regular season. Gotta win the CAA tourney and finish up 22-10. And even then, we'll be lucky if the NCAA graces us with a 15 or 14. A 16 is certain death.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Controversial (somewhat?) opinion: I don't think Michigan is that good. I don't think they will make a lot of noise in the tournament. Every time I watch them (given not that often) they just let Trey Burke do his thing and largely forget about running an offense. Not very much movement towards the basket or anything like that, mostly just passing around the perimeter. On top of that, they are lazy boxing out and aren't a great rebounding team.

I still like Indiana. I think Miami will do well in the tournament. I'm not sold on Duke.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 pm

My Huskies went 27-for-27 at the free throw line tonight. That is why they won. They go 27-for-27 on the line, they can beat any team in college basketball.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 am

UVa beat Duke.

The ACC sends at least 5 to the NCAA tourney. Timestamp this.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Gonzaga #1 good job "mid-major". Kelly Olynyk is very good and redshirted last season.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 pm

wildcat81 {l Wrote}:Gonzaga #1 good job "mid-major". Kelly Olynyk is very good and redshirted last season.

when everyone else loses, you float to the top
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:UVa beat Duke.

done. this will soon be added to the list of "things that noknowledge declares as absolutely happening that didn't happen and never had a chance at happening"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:35 pm

done. this will soon be added to the list of "things that noknowledge declares as absolutely happening that didn't happen and never had a chance at happening"

what do i get if I'm right?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Why does Mr. I-Hate-Entitlement want a cookie every damn time he hits something ona dartboard?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:52 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Why does Mr. I-Hate-Entitlement want a cookie every damn time he hits something ona dartboard?

he's recently finished the "how to always be right" course instructed by our own homojs. you know how i can tell? he's doing it wrong
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

he's recently finished the "how to always be right" course instructed by our own homojs. you know how i can tell? he's doing it wrong

i still haven't forgotten homojs for denigrating my alex-vs-garson story
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:25 pm

how did you pick out homojs to grugde against out of all the people that denigraded that story?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4893

by the way - that story is still glorious
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Under 100 seconds left in Louisville/Cuse and neither team has broken 50

ACC! ACC! ACC!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:16 pm

innocentbystander..NU just lost to 5-25 ODU...yikes...then again UVA lost to them too...and UVA is really good....
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Mike_S on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:37 am

Miami vs. Duke was a great game. Despite the tough loss, Miami reminds me a lot of BC circa-2006/2007 in terms of how fearless they are.
Mike_S
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:50 am

If BC would not like to finish in dead last, they better get their ass in gear these next 3 games
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum