OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Albany is 18-7, but 7-4 in the conference. Weird to be that good OOC for a 3rd place team in the America East. Sad part is, they have three losses OOC and there should only be the one to Ohio State.

America East is actually pretty good this year. Its no OVC or CAA, but it has 3 legit teams.

Where's BC finishing this year in America East? Oh wait
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Huckaby is doing the Clemson-UVA game on ESPN2 right now. Happy for him. Seems as if he's really making a solid career in broadcasting.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:02 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Huckaby is doing the Clemson-UVA game on ESPN2 right now. Happy for him. Seems as if he's really making a solid career in broadcasting.

Clemson scored 10 points in the first half...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Just trying to fit in with the B12
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:12 am

#1 musical chairs changes again Indiana loses last night, I wonder was that inbound play called by the coach the old number one play from high school.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:24 pm

in other news, Miami might end up being a #1 seed.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:36 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:in other news, Miami might end up being a #1 seed.

Its ok guys. According to some people's logic on ever, Daniels was much better than Shane Larkin
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:17 pm

At least we can brag to other ACC teams/fans that BC was the closest team to beating them. Moral victories?
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:22 am

Miami keeps impressing. They had a couple bad losses early in the year, but they have completely turned it around. I now see them as a legit top 5 team with #1 SOS, #2 RPI, quality wins against MSU and Duke, and blowout wins against BC and UNC. They have a very talented roster, but I never thought they would capitalize under Larranaga.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Greg Paulus is an assistant at Ohio St. This association makes both more unappealing.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 am

i am giving very serious consideration as to making Miami my pick to win the whole tourney in our office pool

its great. when betting in NCAA tourney office pools in Arizona, all I have to do is NOT pick the University of Arizona to win the National Championship. and if they don't (becaue they wont), half the people in my pool (who did pick them) instantly lose those 32 points for the final round.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 am

my Husky dogs are at William and Mary tonight, going for that 17th win.

I don't know, they might win 20. this might be the best Husky team since Reggie Lewis was here. they are probably goign to bow out in the first round, but I would like to see them make some noise!
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:16 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

i am giving very serious consideration as to making Miami my pick to win the whole tourney in our office pool

its great. when betting in NCAA tourney office pools in Arizona, all I have to do is NOT pick the University of Arizona to win the National Championship. and if they don't (becaue they wont), half the people in my pool (who did pick them) instantly lose those 32 points for the final round.

Miami?
Sweet 16. End season.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:01 am

my Northeastern Huskies won again!

3 more wins, we'll be @ 20!
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 am

Albany had a hiccup trying to get to 18, losing to Maine. Bad loss.

Albany nags are like 8th in the whatever they are using instead of RPI now. Okay, no, I don't really care.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Albany had a hiccup trying to get to 18, losing to Maine. Bad loss.

Albany nags are like 8th in the whatever they are using instead of RPI now. Okay, no, I don't really care.

Albany had with Maine what Creighton has been having lately. I think they might make the tourney (need to win the America East, wont get at-large) but they have to get past Vermont and those shower masturbators.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Kentucky only beating Maryland by 3 at home. You see that Teddy? Your probably right though, Maryland won't be very good this year. Alex Len 23/10 Faust 11points.

I actually watched the game. UK isn't ready. Yet

Fair enough, just making sure you are keeping an eye on Maryland

I am. They are a slightly above .500 team in the conference, probably sneak in the tourney. Len is still terrible. Leyman is pretty good.

23 points, 12 rebounds against the number 3 team in the nation on the road isn't exactly terrible.

That's not the #3 team in the nation right now by any stretch of the imagination. Game 1, it is a High School all star team.

Sure whatever you say

I say two bubble teams (one very borderline) were fighting it out early in the year. Just checking in, since you told me to keep an eye on Maryland.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Kentucky only beating Maryland by 3 at home. You see that Teddy? Your probably right though, Maryland won't be very good this year. Alex Len 23/10 Faust 11points.

I am. They are a slightly above .500 team in the conference, probably sneak in the tourney. Len is still terrible. Leyman is pretty good.

23 points, 12 rebounds against the number 3 team in the nation on the road isn't exactly terrible.

That's not the #3 team in the nation right now by any stretch of the imagination. Game 1, it is a High School all star team.

Sure whatever you say

I say two bubble teams (one very borderline) were fighting it out early in the year. Just checking in, since you told me to keep an eye on Maryland.

we (Northeastern) lost last night (4th OT game, 1st loss in OT), dropped to 17-9 (12-2 CAA.) If we don't win the CAA we probably wont have a strong enough RPI or whatever the fuck its called now, to get in at large. That is more important now than finishing 21-9.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 pm

My Huskies won tonight (13-3 CAA). I still think we can win 20, but what is more important is winning the CAA tourney because we will not be bubbling in to the NCAA's as "at-large."
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:14 am

Albany lost to BU. Still stings that Gerardo Suero though he was an NBA player after his junior year
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Albany lost to BU. Still stings that Gerardo Suero though he was an NBA player after his junior year

BU is not that bad this year. Are they tourney bound, no, but they are not that bad. There is no shame in losing to BU this season.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 am

Really, the goals for my Huskies are two fold:

#1) win the CAA. They can't get into the NCAA tourney without winning the conference outright and
#2) win enough games so they don't get banished to a #16 seed in their bracket

I'm convinced, that a #16 seed is automatic NCAA tournament death sentence. it simply isn't possible for a #16 to beat a #1 in the first round of the tourney. i say that simply because its never been done. and until someone does it just once (ever) then it IS a tourney death sentence. My poor little huskies would have no chance against a team like Indiana or Miami in round 1 (they would kick the living crap out of us) so that must be avoided at all costs. The only way that happens is by winning more than 20 games and hoping against hope that there are just enough suck-wad conference champions that make it into the tourney where their conference sucks even worse than the CAA. I don't see that happening (CAA might be the worst division-1 hoops conference in the nation), but what else would save us?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

TIMESTAMP! by twballgame9 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

TIMESTAMP! by twballgame9 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm

You can timestamp me too, I still think Maryland gets in to the tourney with 21 wins.

Clemson, @ GT, @ Wake, 3 wins right there. UVa would just be bonus.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Wake is up 13 at half on Miami...
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Wake finishes upset over Miami, 80-65. Guess Miami was bound to lose eventually, but to WF?
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

I don't think Miami was the #2 team in the country, but I think they are in that blob of teams consisting of Gonzaga, Michigan State, Florida and Duke that all have flawed resumes but could make a reasonable case for themselves. #1 is pretty prohibitively Indiana, #2 Michigan*, and Duke with Kelly back is probably a cut above the rest but they all have some claim to the next spot.

Miami better capitalize on being good because they are coming back down to earth next year when practically everyone graduates.

* I forgot that Michigan lost to MSU, so it's probably just a big fight for #2 with Michigan in that mix.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby bcmurph on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Love the Bracket Busters....Been watching Davidson - Montana...great game
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:31 pm

I usually don't do the whole "Team X lost, so they have to move down in the rankings" thing. that's because it's dumb. what is this, college football? Miami is still the 2nd best team in the country behind Indiana, and slightly ahead of Michigan and a Kelly-less Duke.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:56 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I usually don't do the whole "Team X lost, so they have to move down in the rankings" thing. that's because it's dumb. what is this, college football? Miami is still the 2nd best team in the country behind Indiana, and slightly ahead of Michigan and a Kelly-less Duke.

I understand your defense of the ACC, but there isn't a team in that conference that belongs in the top 5. I've seen bracket predictions with the Mountain West and A10 getting in more teams than the ACC.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum