2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Boyle was a surprise? He never could've committed to UF even if he wanted to. Never was too worried about Montgomery. That said I don't think Rouse has anything to do with Davis think they are both takes. My gut still says BC but who knows we will find out tomorrow I'm just ready to get to 2014 things look good early.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Boyle was a surprise? He never could've committed to UF even if he wanted to. Never was too worried about Montgomery. That said I don't think Rouse has anything to do with Davis think they are both takes. My gut still says BC but who knows we will find out tomorrow I'm just ready to get to 2014 things look good early.

Boyle was definitely a surprise. Actually if I remember correctly, he had just come back from a visit from UF before committing to BC. He supposedly had a committable offer.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Boyle was a surprise? He never could've committed to UF even if he wanted to. Never was too worried about Montgomery. That said I don't think Rouse has anything to do with Davis think they are both takes. My gut still says BC but who knows we will find out tomorrow I'm just ready to get to 2014 things look good early.

Boyle was definitely a surprise. Actually if I remember correctly, he had just come back from a visit from UF before committing to BC. He supposedly had a committable offer.

Maybe it's just because I talked with him a lot but it wasn't a surprise at all and I guarantee you he didn't have a commitable offer. I'd put a lot of money on it.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm

This is awesome... a :slapfight between our two recruiting guys. My money is on 24.

Can we now just get back to the fact that we hired Daziani for his recruiting prowess, yet he is likely losing a RB to 4-8 Memphis team coached by something named Justin Fuente (this on the heels of losing QBs to UConn and Toledo).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm

If anyone cares, Tevin Montgomery is on the U-19 USA team that plays in the "International Bowl" tonight. You can stream it here http://www.youtube.com/user/usafootballTV at 9 PM eastern. It'll be more fun to save the Robert Davis slapfight for tomorrow, when it's more fierce/nonexistent.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is awesome... a :slapfight between our two recruiting guys. My money is on 24.

Can we now just get back to the fact that we hired Daziani for his recruiting prowess, yet he is likely losing a RB to 4-8 Memphis team coached by something named Justin Fuente (this on the heels of losing QBs to UConn and Toledo).

Looks like opinion is split on Davis. Knight of the Tampa Bay Times is saying BC while Chris Nee is saying Memphis but its a tough call.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:This is awesome... a :slapfight between our two recruiting guys. My money is on 24.

Looks like opinion is split on Davis. Knight of the Tampa Bay Times is saying BC while Chris Nee is saying Memphis but its a tough call.

24 - a simple request. Please don't ruin HJS's fantasizing. He really, really wants Davis to Memphis,

Might happen/might not -- But in the mean time HJS is sporting a chubby in anticipation of a Memphis commit. Why take that away from him unless you are forced to?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

FWIW, which is little, Knight wrote that article people keep posting that says he favors Memphis from before the visit.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Unfortunately, I do not expect Davis to sign with BC. i hope i am wrong.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:26 pm

N.O. - At least admit you are disappointed in his first 2 months. You, more than anyone, have been pimping this hire and talking up Daziani's recruiting. you have to admit that he thus far hasn't lived up to your expectations.
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Addazio will be the best recruiter in my BC lifetime.

NotoriousOrangeI think Addazio will turn out to be a really strong hire and in many ways the Anti-Spaz :

* Great recruiter, who feels recruiting success is dictated by the head coach's actions, and the buck stops with him.[/quote]
[quote="NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
My original post was from 14 months ago and every interim post I made since has been the same. 2 months ago I made a post that he and BB were close. He is a great recruiter and a strong head coach who I think will excel in this job!

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle05 {l Wrote}:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.

He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?

Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.

How about his recruiting for Syracuse & ND? He was just as good there. How about the fact that both of his full classes at Temple were rated at the top of the MAC? When you see the same thing for 20 years it is probably not luck.

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Gents, the future will prove me right or wrong. I stand by my opinion and think BC will climb out of the morass that Spaz left us in

Daz and Proud - Say it out loud!!

climb to 6-6 or climb to acccg?

Will take 4 years but back to the ACCCG

then he was not the right hire... the right hire could go 7-6 next year and then BCS game the following year

Haven't you and most posters (including me) been down on the last year of Jags/first 1/2 year of Spaz recruiting and all subsequent years of Spaz recruiting?

How would you analyze the current talent level on the roster?

the depth is not there but there is still plenty of front line talent to win 6 games in a shit conference and get to some shit bowl game (especially with a senior QB).

My question was more about your reference to right coach to BCS in year 2

i think the right coach could do it in the ACC. he would need to recruit his ass off but not impossible. would also have to give some reps to the backup QB to prepare for the following year. we would get blown out in the BCS game but thats irrelevant. my point is the ACC is not good and we are not that far behind.

i personally think the talent is not as bad as most make it out to be. the starters are serviceable for the most part. the backups is where the talent gap is noticeable. you could scheme around a lot of the weaknesses... the secondary, OL, DL. probably employ a lot of delayed LB blitzing to make up the lack of pass rush by the DL and play cushion in the secondary to prevent giving up the big play.

we get smart, tough, players willing to work. the right coach could lead them to big things quickly. i think if we had gotten Diaco he could have flipped a lot of the Mass talent back to BC and maybe some others in NJ/OH.

I think Addazio is more likely toflip recruits than Diaco (but I think highly of Diaco as well) - but it still doesn't lead to BCS in year 2 for either of them[/size][/b]
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:N.O. - At least admit you are disappointed in his first 2 months. You, more than anyone, have been pimping this hire and talking up Daziani's recruiting. you have to admit that he thus far hasn't lived up to your expectations.

NotoriousOrangeI think Addazio will turn out to be a really strong hire and in many ways the Anti-Spaz :

* Great recruiter, who feels recruiting success is dictated by the head coach's actions, and the buck stops with him.

[quote="NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:My original post was from 14 months ago and every interim post I made since has been the same. 2 months ago I made a post that he and BB were close. He is a great recruiter and a strong head coach who I think will excel in this job!

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle05 {l Wrote}:The problem is not enthusiasm. The problem is over the top, not even remotely believable enthusiasm. That's what I saw, and it did absolutely nothing for me. It stunk of Bates telling him "Steve, you're gonna have to sell this really hard" and then that's what we got. Like I said, our best hope at this point is that the intelligent kids we're recruiting are hopelessly dumb and fall for this junk. I'm sorry if that pisses on your parade, but talking a lot and actually being able to accomplish it are two separate things. I'd rather have seen someone who looked serious about winning rather than desperately trying to check off every box on everyone's list.

He has been the National recruiter of the year and a great recruiter everywhere he has been.

Eagle05 do you think it makes more sense to take 20 years of recruiting Dwight Freeney, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Pouncey, Will Hill Sharif Floyd, and 75 others like them and as proof of his recruiting prowess? Or your analysis that only dumb kids would listen?

Let's give it a rest a bit when talking about the recruits he brought to Florida. Has their recruiting dried up since? I am NOT a recruiting weirdo and will not do some Florida star analysis pre-Daz, Daz, and post Daz.

How about his recruiting for Syracuse & ND? He was just as good there. How about the fact that both of his full classes at Temple were rated at the top of the MAC? When you see the same thing for 20 years it is probably not luck.

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Gents, the future will prove me right or wrong. I stand by my opinion and think BC will climb out of the morass that Spaz left us in

then he was not the right hire... the right hire could go 7-6 next year and then BCS game the following year

Haven't you and most posters (including me) been down on the last year of Jags/first 1/2 year of Spaz recruiting and all subsequent years of Spaz recruiting?

the depth is not there but there is still plenty of front line talent to win 6 games in a shit conference and get to some shit bowl game (especially with a senior QB).

i think the right coach could do it in the ACC. he would need to recruit his ass off but not impossible. would also have to give some reps to the backup QB to prepare for the following year. we would get blown out in the BCS game but thats irrelevant. my point is the ACC is not good and we are not that far behind.

i personally think the talent is not as bad as most make it out to be. the starters are serviceable for the most part. the backups is where the talent gap is noticeable. you could scheme around a lot of the weaknesses... the secondary, OL, DL. probably employ a lot of delayed LB blitzing to make up the lack of pass rush by the DL and play cushion in the secondary to prevent giving up the big play.

we get smart, tough, players willing to work. the right coach could lead them to big things quickly. i think if we had gotten Diaco he could have flipped a lot of the Mass talent back to BC and maybe some others in NJ/OH.

I think Addazio is more likely toflip recruits than Diaco (but I think highly of Diaco as well) - but it still doesn't lead to BCS in year 2 for either of them[/size][/b]
[/quote]

Why is that bolded thing bolded and large font?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:33 pm

#BCEagles waiting on Robert Davis, have their backup option .... DE Garcia down to #ISU #Navy maybe #BC

https://twitter.com/RowlandRIVALS
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:35 pm

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:#BCEagles waiting on Robert Davis, have their backup option .... DE Garcia down to #ISU #Navy maybe #BC

i think garcia never got an offer and committed to iowa state
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:39 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:#BCEagles waiting on Robert Davis, have their backup option .... DE Garcia down to #ISU #Navy maybe #BC

i think garcia never got an offer and committed to iowa state

Rivals list him with an offer from BC. His only visit was to ISU.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:N.O. - At least admit you are disappointed in his first 2 months. You, more than anyone, have been pimping this hire and talking up Daziani's recruiting. you have to admit that he thus far hasn't lived up to your expectations.

* Great recruiter, who feels recruiting success is dictated by the head coach's actions, and the buck stops with him.

[quote="NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:My original post was from 14 months ago and every interim post I made since has been the same. 2 months ago I made a post that he and BB were close. He is a great recruiter and a strong head coach who I think will excel in this job!

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:

hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

[/quote]

HJS I like the Addazio hire, I think he will turn out to be a strong hire for BC. I think he is in many ways the polar opposite of Spaziani. The last four years have been a downward spiral and I think he is a coach who is hungry, capable and will make my days at Alumni fun again.

I would prefer BC to flip 5 - 5 star recruits. Despite the fact it didn't happen, the first 60 days have gone about as I expected.

You were pimping for him 4 years ago as well. In the interim he:

* Had 6 months of experience as Florida's head coach during Urban's months in the wilderness
* Was named ESPN's recruiter of the year for bringing in the #1 class in the country while Urban quit and looked unlikely to come back
* Had 2 years at Temple as Head Coach
* Recruited a strong staff for this gig

He is a lot more prepared for the BC head coaching job now than he was 4 years ago when you were high on him.

Of course he is not a guaranteed success.

I answered your question so please answer one for me. What do you get from portraying/twisting/or making up -- every bit of BC info into the most negative light possible.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:16 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:I answered your question so please answer one for me. What do you get from portraying/twisting/or making up -- every bit of BC info into the most negative light possible.

the greatest benefit of all...

if you aim low, you'll never be disappointed
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:I answered your question so please answer one for me. What do you get from portraying/twisting/or making up -- every bit of BC info into the most negative light possible.

IB is this your opinion or did you get it directly by peering into HJS's thought process?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm

IB is this your opinion or did you get it directly by peering into HJS's thought process?

opinion only

peering into hjs's thought process is a place i have no desire to be
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:27 pm

opinion only

yeah - go back to helping your boss poop at work
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm

The people that have never known an HJS before amuse me. He's just a pre-2004 Red Sox fan - if bad shit can happen he wants to get ahead of the curve and predict it will. Then if it happens, he's a genius, if not people won't notice because BC is winning.

Any Sox fan old enough to remember the years prior to 2004 remembers their Pops calling with Renteria at the plate and saying "trust me. they will figure out a way to lose this."
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:41 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:opinion only

Too bad - I don't have your ability to read minds - but I envision HJS using these extreme negativity "skills" in real life and forecasting doom in normal everyday situations:

With Family:

" Mom - I know the doctor told you that little skin patch was psoriasis - but I am pretty sure it is early on-set leprosy"
" Sis - I was reading with my nephew (your 6 month old son) - seems a little slow - the little guy's got Aspbergers or Down's syndrome"

With Friends:

" Timmy did you see the way your wife Sue looked at the priest during communion? She's totally banging him Bro"
" Matt whats that smell? Pretty sure it's Radon - your kids are toast"
" TRE - that dude you were eyeing - he's a eunuch"

Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The people that have never known an HJS before amuse me. He's just a pre-2004 Red Sox fan - if bad shit can happen he wants to get ahead of the curve and predict it will. Then if it happens, he's a genius, if not people won't notice because BC is winning.

Any Sox fan old enough to remember the years prior to 2004 remembers their Pops calling with Renteria at the plate and saying "trust me. they will figure out a way to lose this."

It's probably a little bit of this. But, just like when 9903 was posting as EagleWings on EA, when bad shit is happening there is no better way distraction than blaming me for pointing out the obvious. I will point out that I was labeled a pollyanna and called two-faced for my unwaivering support of Jags and Skinner. To use your Sox analogy, imagine how miserable Sawks fans would be if immediately after the first World Series, they pulled a Florida Marlins and dismantled the team (and then permanently sank to the basement).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:http://t.co/DQE2hnpj

w/o comment

Does the guy on the left have a BC hat in front of him? Who is that?
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:15 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

Robert Davis. There are two BC hats. He could very well be messing with his twitter followers though. Who knows.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

Robert Davis. There are two BC hats. He could very well be messing with his twitter followers though. Who knows.

I thought Robert Davis was the guy on the right with the 4 hats.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

you are right I think. I'm confused now. that is the qb at Davis' school, I don't know if it is his BC hat or not.
Last edited by eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

I think that's the case as well. I have no idea who has the old school hat on the left. Could it be something like Bethune Cookman?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 pm

HJS - will you answering my question?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:22 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

I think that's the case as well. I have no idea who has the old school hat on the left. Could it be something like Bethune Cookman?

Bethel College maybe
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium