Football Townhall with Bates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Football Townhall with Bates

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 am

Has he said anything disparaging towards Boyle aside from telling him he's probably not the best fit for the offense he wants to run?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:31 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:From a poster on TOS:
Addazio said practices would be open - said something to the effect of "it's not like I'm curing cancer here. You might hear some language you don't like though."

:toby actually had 2 or 3 people patrolling the perimeter.

Yep, one day they politely asked me to leave after I was standing (clearly I wasn't staying long) down near the field for no more than 3 or 4 mins. Of course Gallup didn't have the balls to do this, he went over and asked some buttkissing schmuck to make me leave.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the softball fields - if youre going to bc from the city and driving on beacon st right after you pass cleveland circle on the left is a very big green space - theres at least two baseball fields. id say its close to shea's size.

ok, have these ever been used for parking?

no, i think this issue is going to a huge struggle with the brighton moonbats but they're looking at several other places as well. either way, i got the impression we've seen the last of the needham lot

Eva, Michael Pahre, and the other Brightards are going to shit a brick when they hear about this. There are very few things Eva loves more than green grass that isn't fake and doesn't poison people with toxic runoff. I just hope if this happens BC can use fertilizer that will appease her.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby chuckiedukes on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am

No, but he's talking out of both sides of his mouth, telling fans/alumni at Townhalls that he does not require a running QB while obviously telling Boyle otherwise based on Xavier coach's comments and other reports. Boyle was dead-set on attending BC for reasons unrelated to football. Dazzler had to really push him away somehow.

He's lying to someone here, probably us fans/alumni. Hate the hire. Hope I'm wrong and he crushes it
chuckiedukes
n00b

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 am

chuckiedukes {l Wrote}:No, but he's talking out of both sides of his mouth, telling fans/alumni at Townhalls that he does not require a running QB while obviously telling Boyle otherwise based on Xavier coach's comments and other reports. Boyle was dead-set on attending BC for reasons unrelated to football. Dazzler had to really push him away somehow.

He's lying to someone here, probably us fans/alumni. Hate the hire. Hope I'm wrong and he crushes it

I don't like the hire, never have, but you are creating a false dichotomy with the a) telling fans/alumni at Townhalls that he does not require a running QB while b) telling Boyle otherwise based on Xavier coach's comments and other reports.

As an example, saying he will use the best player available but also saying that the ideal quarterback for his system is one who can run 15-20 times a day (i'm not saying he said this, I'm saying this is an example of something that spans both options and that there are likely several others).
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Has he said anything disparaging towards Boyle aside from telling him he's probably not the best fit for the offense he wants to run?

I don't think Daz trashed Boyle like he allegedly did Pierce. As for Boyle, it sounds like he did the old routine: "We will honor your verbal because the AD is making me, but I really don't see you ever playing. If you want to come and get a free diploma, fine. But, don't expect to see the field other than as a holder." Boyle's high school coach (one of the better programs in a State Daziani is supposed to own) did not seem to take kindly to Daz's talk. You'd think if he was being classy and transparent as some here desperately WANT to believe, the HS coach would recognize that and appreciate it. Instead, there seemed to be a lot of bitterness directed towards Daz (something that seemed to reverberate through at the Poem Recital).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:49 am

Today...
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I don't like the hire, never have.

Friday...
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Your initial reaction to this hire was disgust and outrage, too. I don't know why you decided to question your instincts.

Found out things.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:54 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Today...

Friday...
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Your initial reaction to this hire was disgust and outrage, too. I don't know why you decided to question your instincts.

Found out things.

Yes I don't like this hire, but due to things found out I don't hate it as much as I once did. Because of this I am accepting the fact it was made and giving it a chance and not declaring it to be a worse hire than Spaz in late January, early February before his first season.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Has he said anything disparaging towards Boyle aside from telling him he's probably not the best fit for the offense he wants to run?

Yes, he asked Boyle why his mom didn't put out. He heard from a friend of a friend that it was easy to get laid in this job.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:01 pm

"Well, right now he's still going to BC," Marinan said. "But the direction the offense is probably going to go under [new coach Steve] Addazio, he's giving [Boyle] permission to investigate other alternatives. His scholarship is safe."

Boyle was productive and fun to watch in Marinan's read/spread type offense. He has a strong arm, he has touch and he's accurate. In Marinan's system he ran the ball some, but not nearly as much as it appears that the Eagles will ultimately want.

"You're not going to make a living with him running 20 times a game," Marinan said. "If he runs it six or eight times a game, different story. But I think what Steve wants to do — Steve wants a dual-threat kid that's going to carry the rock 15-20 times a game."

"When he committed to BC [in June], everybody moved on," Marinan said. "The guys at Oregon really liked him, but I don't know if they have anything available. We talked to Pitt because they liked him as well, but they don't have anything available. They would love to have him, but they took a quarterback. They even said they might take two. They just don't have a scholarship available."

http://articles.courant.com/2013-01-30/ ... nd-florida

That is what Boyle's high school coach said. I don't see anything particularly negative about Addazio.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Yes, he asked Boyle why his mom didn't put out. He heard from a friend of a friend that it was easy to get laid in this job.

Is Boyle's mom a dental hygienist or something?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Friday...
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Found out things.

Yes I don't like this hire, but due to things found out I don't hate it as much as I once did. Because of this I am accepting the fact it was made and giving it a chance and not declaring it to be a worse hire than Spaz in late January, early February before his first season.

What strawman declared this a worse hire than Spaz???

It's a terrible hire because of what he is tasked with doing and who he is following. There will likely never be a worse coach than Spaz. No one will ever have the chance to take over a BC team who averaged 10 wins over the last 2 seasons (let alone show how quickly they can dismantle it).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Friday...
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Found out things.

What strawman declared this a worse hire than Spaz???

It's a terrible hire because of what he is tasked with doing and who he is following. There will likely never be a worse coach than Spaz. No one will ever have the chance to take over a BC team who averaged 10 wins over the last 2 seasons (let alone show how quickly they can dismantle it).

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13092&p=331168&hilit=worse#p331168
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 pm

I didn't feel the need to clarify it in the thread but I was referring to recruiting. I was not saying that Daz would be a worse head coach (I don't believe it can be possible) and I wasn't blaming Daz for scheduling a road game against NMS (which is the post I was specifically responding to). But, thus far Spaz has proven a better recruiter... which is mindboggling.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Ask him if BC is moving to the Big 10.

Actually... you could ask...

"Fr. Leahy has said that there will ultimately be 4 conferences composed of 64 teams... which conference do you think will disappear? How certain are you BC will be included in one of those 4 conferences?"

Actually that would have been a great question to ask but I assume he would have just talked about how happy he is being in the ACC and how strong it is in terms of athletics, academics, and STUDENT DEVELOPMENT.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Did anyone ask about bear attacks?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Did anyone ask about quarterbacks with ARM STRENGTH?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Did anyone ask about the plan to poison Brighton residents with toxic runoff from the new baseball stadium? Now that I think about it, did any Brighton weirdos show up and set themselves on fire in an act of protest?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby The Knife of Asia on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Did anyone ask about the plan to poison Brighton residents with toxic runoff from the new baseball stadium? Now that I think about it, did any Brighton weirdos show up and set themselves on fire in an act of protest?

despite the rhetoric, liberalism is equal to conservatism on its lack of open mindedness.
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby guiltyparticipant on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I didn't feel the need to clarify it in the thread but I was referring to recruiting. I was not saying that Daz would be a worse head coach (I don't believe it can be possible) and I wasn't blaming Daz for scheduling a road game against NMS (which is the post I was specifically responding to). But, thus far Spaz has proven a better recruiter... which is mindboggling.

You'd have to be a complete pollyanna to think that Spaz is anything other than a better recruiter at this point.
Feminism is hot.
guiltyparticipant
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Imagine how bad the team would have to be under Adazzio for us here to miss Spaz and wish we had him back?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:56 am

I wonder if Daz is going to make sandwiches for the band. Did anyone ask about that?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:03 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the softball fields - if youre going to bc from the city and driving on beacon st right after you pass cleveland circle on the left is a very big green space - theres at least two baseball fields. id say its close to shea's size.

not that im aware of, i heard him say theyre trying to do an arrangement of getting to use those for 7 saturdays a year in exchange for maintaining them the other 358 days.

They are going to need to raise them above swamp level if they want to park cars on them.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

not that im aware of, i heard him say theyre trying to do an arrangement of getting to use those for 7 saturdays a year in exchange for maintaining them the other 358 days.

They are going to need to raise them above swamp level if they want to park cars on them.

That's the first thing I thought of when I read that, too. The cost of having to buy an off-roader will nullify the savings of cheap parking.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm

The Knife of Asia {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Did anyone ask about the plan to poison Brighton residents with toxic runoff from the new baseball stadium? Now that I think about it, did any Brighton weirdos show up and set themselves on fire in an act of protest?

despite the rhetoric, liberalism is equal to conservatism on its lack of open mindedness.

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Screw lacrosse... has anyone ever asked Master Bates why the eff BC doesn't have a Hurling team???? Gaelic Football is great and all, but you don't have an adequate gaelic sports program unless you also have Hurling.
http://ncgaa.org/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Hurling is awesome and incredibly fun to watch even if you don't know the rules to the game. Which I don't.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 pm

FYI for the current nerds on here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/558983904126556/

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Mosi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:44 am

have they posted the vid of meeting 2 or am i just too lazy to check
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:06 pm

that picture of frank and the bradster is straight out of a rom-com poster. straight up "are they going to kiss or not" type teaser device
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium