Football Townhall with Bates

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Football Townhall with Bates

Postby 31southst on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Overall the thing made me think more of Bates and about the same with Daz.

Bates clearly gives a crap and wants to make game day a better experience. The staffer at my table also made a couple references to knowing about a lot of these problems for the last ten years (i.e., under Gene) and only now getting the green light to do something about it. I'm curious to see what if any changes are made in the fall and beyond.

Daz is what he is - a bit of a meathead who believes in old school style football. I still don't like the hire and don't like what I perceived to be stubbornness on his part. That said, it does seem to me that he knows recruiting is very important and if nothing else he should bring up the talent level. I think he's going to be what we thought Spaz would be - a poor man's TOB. That said, I don't doubt he'll leave the cupboard more stocked for the next guy than how he found it.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 pm

btw also got a chuckle out of this: adaziani is one of those people who think the broncos werent any better with manning than they were with tebow because they lost in the same round.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:6 home games will not happen again.

Did anyone ask why the fuck we booked a one-off road game in New Mexico???

Also, no one asked a single Q about conference expansion?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Overall the thing made me think more of Bates and about the same with Daz.

Bates clearly gives a crap and wants to make game day a better experience. The staffer at my table also made a couple references to knowing about a lot of these problems for the last ten years (i.e., under Gene) and only now getting the green light to do something about it. I'm curious to see what if any changes are made in the fall and beyond.

Agreed.

I've met the master several times and he's impressed me every time. He gives a shit. From the AD employee at my table, I also got the impression that Gene burned a shit ton of bridges around Boston and now that he's gone we'll have more opportunities for improvement (they talked about Bates with a clean slate, etc.)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Overall the thing made me think more of Bates and about the same with Daz.

Agreed.

I've met the master several times and he's impressed me every time. He gives a shit. From the AD employee at my table, I also got the impression that Gene burned a shit ton of bridges around Boston and now that he's gone we'll have more opportunities for improvement (they talked about Bates with a clean slate, etc.)

Were the words "clean slate" actually used? Because that would speak volumes about GDF and the things he claimed to be powerless about (tailgating hours, etc).
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:39 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:there were several questions/comments where there was a definite undercurrent of: :oldman in my day there were all sullys from southie and played holy cross

This was the immediate impression I got from the video of the first town hall. It looked like 15 tables of 50+-year old white guys.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:43 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Agreed.

Were the words "clean slate" actually used? Because that would speak volumes about GDF and the things he claimed to be powerless about (tailgating hours, etc).

yes.

also, one minion i overheard said the following will likely happen:

1. parking on those cleveland circle fields
2. selling any extra parking on a game by game basis but at a premium to be fair to season ticket holders
3. beer garden on brighton campus to get around the no tailgating etc

i found the minions much nicer & more approachable than ever yesterday. cant tell if theyre just doing that to appease master bates or if thats how they actually are as people and gene sucked the life out of them.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Mosi on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:00 am

what table were you guys at? I was at 3

Claver covered most of the points but my take aways

Daz is the Anti-Spaz, 100%, the only thing he and Coach :spaz2 Sadface have in common is vowel at end of name. Charismatic, passionate, driven.. trying to get what they can for this years recruits since we're handicaped with the Spaz 15, but really working on next years class. guy beside me was the one who asked about recruiting rankings (Daz basicly said the stars don't mean shit, Pouncy bros at UF were 2* now all pros) and Stadium expansion (BB:not until there is a waiting list and a deep one) Many good questions of both.. and like it was said, some people just wanted to hear them selves talk ( :whalepants from West Rox)

Staffer sitting next to me was O'Neil from Ticket office, Good Guy! I wasn't able to ask my question to Bates, but brought up in round table about Game dday parking for $40/50 on St Johns, kicking back $10 to Brighton charity, no reason why we are held hostage by people who move here when the school has been here for 100 years. He said that everything about the game day experience in up for discussion including Beer and Wine in Stands

as I told one of the boys who wasn't at meeting after the hoop game, I felt 100% better about the direction of the program at 3:30 yesterday then I did at 9:30
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 am

But bates came from the MAC so he is a MAC level AD. Steve Addazio is proving to be worse than Frank Spaziani!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:48 am

Mosi {l Wrote}:as I told one of the boys who wasn't at meeting after the hoop game, I felt 100% better about the direction of the program at 3:30 yesterday then I did at 9:30

theyre saying all the right things no question. now will they implement it?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:02 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
Mosi {l Wrote}:as I told one of the boys who wasn't at meeting after the hoop game, I felt 100% better about the direction of the program at 3:30 yesterday then I did at 9:30

I don't think we should give it time to play out.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You're right 9903.

60 days is more than enough time to declare the Bates Addazio experiment a complete and utter disaster - turn in our season tickets - ask about buy-outs for Daz and Bates - claim we predicted this epic level failure and whip our fellow board members into a hysterical lynch mob.

That just seems like the rational thing for a person who wants BC football to thrive to do.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You're right 9903.

60 days is more than enough time to declare the Bates Addazio experiment a complete and utter disaster - turn in our season tickets - ask about buy-outs for Daz and Bates - claim we predicted this epic level failure and whip our fellow board members into a hysterical lynch mob.

That just seems like the rational thing for a person who wants BC football to thrive to do.

Thanks Rothliesburger.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:35 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You're right 9903.

Thanks Rothliesburger.

PsP I didn't get the Rothliesburger reference. Can you hook a brother up with an insult explanation?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:15 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Agreed.

yes.

also, one minion i overheard said the following will likely happen:

1. parking on those cleveland circle fields
2. selling any extra parking on a game by game basis but at a premium to be fair to season ticket holders
3. beer garden on brighton campus to get around the no tailgating etc

i found the minions much nicer & more approachable than ever yesterday. cant tell if theyre just doing that to appease master bates or if thats how they actually are as people and gene sucked the life out of them.

1. What fields?
2. Great!
3. Great!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm

prolly Chestnut Hill Park
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 pm

the softball fields - if youre going to bc from the city and driving on beacon st right after you pass cleveland circle on the left is a very big green space - theres at least two baseball fields. id say its close to shea's size.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:05 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:the softball fields - if youre going to bc from the city and driving on beacon st right after you pass cleveland circle on the left is a very big green space - theres at least two baseball fields. id say its close to shea's size.

ok, have these ever been used for parking?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:08 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the softball fields - if youre going to bc from the city and driving on beacon st right after you pass cleveland circle on the left is a very big green space - theres at least two baseball fields. id say its close to shea's size.

not that im aware of, i heard him say theyre trying to do an arrangement of getting to use those for 7 saturdays a year in exchange for maintaining them the other 358 days.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:08 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You're right 9903.

Thanks Rothliesburger.

PsP I didn't get the Rothliesburger reference. Can you hook a brother up with an insult explanation?

http://fakeconvos.com/view.php?id=54171
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

no, i think this issue is going to a huge struggle with the brighton moonbats but they're looking at several other places as well. either way, i got the impression we've seen the last of the needham lot
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Did he give a time frame for the new parking areas and will RV's and tailgating be allowed? Will the beer garden be up and running next season and will I be able to buy a beer in Alumni next year?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You're right 9903.

Thanks Rothliesburger.

http://fakeconvos.com/view.php?id=54171

got it thx
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:08 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Did he give a time frame for the new parking areas and will RV's and tailgating be allowed? Will the beer garden be up and running next season and will I be able to buy a beer in Alumni next year?

Many of these were said to be unlikely this fall, sounds like they've aiming for big changes the year after. Most depend how quickly they can negotiate changes in the Entertainment License they need for each game.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 pm

How did addazio's poem come off in the room?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:35 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

no, i think this issue is going to a huge struggle with the brighton moonbats but they're looking at several other places as well. either way, i got the impression we've seen the last of the needham lot

I've said in the past having a satellite lot in Needham isn't the worst thing in the world in and of itself (plenty of other schools have satellite lots nowhere near the stadium with busing to and from the lots--Notre Dame, for one), but they need to allow tailgating there.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:39 am

Did anyone ask about spAdazzio's knee? Pretty insensitive if you didn't, in my opinion.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:20 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:also, for hjs, it seemed VERY apparent to me that daziani is here to run the ball.

i will say i gave him credit for saying "we will NOT be a bend but dont break defense"

also, it seemed very clear we will be having multiple defections before the season. ive heard directly from players (and recent grads) that his practices & the whole football experience is extremely extremely intense.

Did anyone think Daz was a touch offended by the recruiting QBs to his style of offense question? Sounded to me like he knew it was a reference to Boyle.

im sure he did and im sure he was.

while there were your typical dumbass questions, i was pleasantly surprised by the level of questions. some were pretty tough

Well... he's certain to be asked about it on LOI Day. You can't ignore that 4 of our 5 top rated verbals all de-committed. Combine that with the terrible recruiting job he did over the past 2+ months and you have the worst recruiting class in BC history.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:30 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:How did addazio's poem come off in the room?

I think the people who had already bought in to Daz liked it. I personally thought it was a little weird but whatever. I didn't notice anyone laughing at it or antyhing like that if that's what you mean.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby chuckiedukes on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 am

Addazio is a used car salesman and meathead with little football intellect. His schitck will wear thin quickly.

I also question whether he "oozes character," as Brad Bates demanded, after Daz's treatment of Bernard Pierce at Temple and now Boyle at BC. Trashing a player because he decides to declare for the NFL Draft rather than help you win more football games is pretty low-class. It's also a good way to drive future recruits with NFL aspirations away from your regime.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... y/1882631/
chuckiedukes
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium