UNC at Boston College

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UNC at Boston College

Postby SJeagle09 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:19 pm

Cortney Dunn or one of his crew stole $600 from my roommate. SWAGGER.
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 pm

SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:Cortney Dunn or one of his crew stole $600 from my roommate. SWAGGER.

Need more info
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:
SJeagle09 {l Wrote}:Cortney Dunn or one of his crew stole $600 from my roommate. SWAGGER.

Need more info

This.

That recruiting class had quite the reputation on campus
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DallasEire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hanlon is not the best player on this team period. The small forward putting up numbers against centers and power forwards is BY FAR the best player on this team. Hanlon and his 26 percent from 3 in ACC play notwithstanding.

Late to follow up... you have very good understanding of basketball from what i read but how can you not see the very real differences in why Hanlon MUCH better than Anderson?

Really on 3pt %? Have you watched that abortion that is Ryan Anderson's perimeter game and free throw circus? I don't doubt his disadvantages in matching up and holding the program up with Olivier but Anderson has flaws that don't allow him to capitalize on match-ups where his perimeter game is absolutely required whereas Hanlon is literally incapable of being kept out of lane or off of the line and demonstrating inability to be guarded.

I'll take Hanlon. He will be ACC Rookie of Year
DallasEire
n00b

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:03 am

DallasEire {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Hanlon is not the best player on this team period. The small forward putting up numbers against centers and power forwards is BY FAR the best player on this team. Hanlon and his 26 percent from 3 in ACC play notwithstanding.

Late to follow up... you have very good understanding of basketball from what i read but how can you not see the very real differences in why Hanlon MUCH better than Anderson?

Really on 3pt %? Have you watched that abortion that is Ryan Anderson's perimeter game and free throw circus? I don't doubt his disadvantages in matching up and holding the program up with Olivier but Anderson has flaws that don't allow him to capitalize on match-ups where his perimeter game is absolutely required whereas Hanlon is literally incapable of being kept out of lane or off of the line and demonstrating inability to be guarded.

1. During ACC play, I certainly agree with the above post. Hanlan has far and away been BC's best player during ACC play, but during OOC play it was Anderson.

2. This blows my mind eery time I see it...ANDERSON IS NOT A SMALL FORWARD. If Donahue stuck him at SF during games, he would be blown by every time, plain and simple. Also, he can't shoot.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 am

Anderson is a 3, especially in Donahue's perimeter oriented offense. Him covering SFs is as stupid as him covering Centers.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:46 am

DallasEire {l Wrote}:

He better be. He plays 3x more minutes than any rookie not on his team because his coach can't recruit for shit. Anderson is a better player than Hanlan right now and its not close. If Hanlan was covering guys a lot bigger than him, he'd look shitty too. And if you were evaluating his post game the way you are evaluating Anderson's perimeter game, as if either is relevant, you think he was terrible. Because he doesn't have one. Because he plays a different position.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DallasEire {l Wrote}:

He better be. He plays 3x more minutes than any rookie not on his team because his coach can't recruit for shit. Anderson is a better player than Hanlan right now and its not close. If Hanlan was covering guys a lot bigger than him, he'd look shitty too. And if you were evaluating his post game the way you are evaluating Anderson's perimeter game, as if either is relevant, you think he was terrible. Because he doesn't have one. Because he plays a different position.

Ha, there we go.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 am

if he can't cover centers and can't cover small forwards or shoot, wouldn't that make him... a power forward?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Heckmann is German for Humphrey.

:kudos

Good stuff Teddy.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i want every person that's ever defended, applauded, supported or spoke kindly of the donahue disciples to follow that link (or if you don't trust me, follow the link in claver's post). i then want you to come back to this website, apologize to me verbally and then bend over and kiss my naked ass.

holy fucking shit i want to shoot everyone involved with that facebook page and "movement" in the cockandballs

Again, at least they show up, which is more than I can say for the rest of the pathetic students or fanbase. The attendance is completely pathetic. You may think they're dorky or stupid, but I like them much better than the rest of the students who never show up.

are they at every game or were they at last night's game because it was on tv and it was carolina and they thought they would get more camera time for being assholes at that game and further their attention whoring agenda?

it's my understanding that these assholes AREN"T showing up to every game so if that's correct then i rest my case that they are attenrion whoring assholes that don't need to be shot in the penis to ensure they don't pro-create as they will never find a woman to do sex to in their entire lives

they're there for every game. i agree with the non acc poster, at least they show up. i wouldn't dress up for games but it's better than the other fucking nerds that would rather go to matinees and play magic the gathering

"they" is kind of subjective. are we talking about the doofuses that dress up, or everyone who claims to be a part of the movement? the disciples facebook page has 300+ likes. 300 kids are not showing up to every game. 150 kids aren't showing up to every game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

It's funny, but unless you stopped watching after the Baylor game, which Teddy did not, it is a horrendous comparison.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:42 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:if he can't cover centers and can't cover small forwards or shoot, wouldn't that make him... a power forward?

Yup. A position that doesn't exist in Donahue's offense.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DallasEire {l Wrote}:

You yourself have stated more than once, unless one loss had somehow drastically changed your perception, that the biggest problem with this team is a depth issue. You are also the primary Jordan Daniels supporter. Those two things, seem to me, don't mesh well with saying the coach can't recruit for shit in the above context.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

It's funny, but unless you stopped watching after the Baylor game, which Teddy did not, it is a horrendous comparison.

Both athletic but atrocious ball handlers, crappy passers with shitty jumpers that get streaky at times. The only difference between the two is that Heckmann plays no defense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DallasEire {l Wrote}:

You yourself have stated more than once, unless one loss had somehow drastically changed your perception, that the biggest problem with this team is a depth issue. You are also the primary Jordan Daniels supporter. Those two things, seem to me, don't mesh well with saying the coach can't recruit for shit in the above context.

"The biggest problem is depth" doesn't mesh with "the coach can't recruit for shit"? They seem to go hand in hand. 1 out of every 4 guys he recruits is a good player. That's bad recruiting and causes no depth.

I liked Jordan Daniels on this team. That's not saying much, and not saying anything about whether I thought he was a good recruit.

Saying that there's food in the house doesn't mean you are good at shopping for groceries.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

Both athletic but atrocious ball handlers, crappy passers with shitty jumpers that get streaky at times. The only difference between the two is that Heckmann plays no defense.

Hump had 1.6/2 assists to turnovers last year, Heckmann has 1.6/1.4 and has been much less erratic as the season has gone on. I think his passing is actually just fine now that he stopped the street hoops mix tape bullshit he did last year and through the first 3 or 4 games this year. You can rip his defense, but he is suffering the same matchup issue you are giving Anderson absolution for so, you know. Finally, Heckmann is clearly a headcase and may never put it together but his shot looks nearly perfect, Hump's shot was the ugliest most godawful thing I've ever seen and Heckmann -now- generally only shoots with a good look and only when the offense flows to him not gunning up an off balance three with 34 seconds on the clock while falling backward that hits the top of the backboard more often than the bottom of the net.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:52 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

Hump had 1.6/2 assists to turnovers last year, Heckmann has 1.6/1.4 and has been much less erratic as the season has gone on. I think his passing is actually just fine now that he stopped the street hoops mix tape bullshit he did last year and through the first 3 or 4 games this year. You can rip his defense, but he is suffering the same matchup issue you are giving Anderson absolution for so, you know. Finally, Heckmann is clearly a headcase and may never put it together but his shot looks nearly perfect, Hump's shot was the ugliest most godawful thing I've ever seen and Heckmann -now- generally only shoots with a good look and only when the offense flows to him not gunning up an off balance three with 34 seconds on the clock while falling backward that hits the top of the backboard more often than the bottom of the net.

You're nuts. Heckmann has a high school girl's set shot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

Not at all.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

Not at all.

Almost exactly. Your high school girls team probably sucked.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

Not at all.

This argument has reached a more retarded level than I thought possible. I liked it better when we circled back to the too many white guys thing disguised as "swagger" yesterday. Let's do that again.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:29 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

Not at all.

This argument has reached a more retarded level than I thought possible. I liked it better when we circled back to the too many white guys thing disguised as "swagger" yesterday. Let's do that again.

No.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Good stuff Teddy.

Not at all.

No.

doing it anyway. Hump has more swagger than Lenny.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby gaelfu on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 am

Most importantly, can we get some more backstory on this, please? With regards to that class, I have been told on somewhat shaky authority that part of the reason why Sanders left BC is because administration barred his "crew" from campus after repeated incidents of general hell-raising.
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:56 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DallasEire {l Wrote}:

If I recall, there was a point last year where Anderson was held out as possibly having a Dudley-esque inside-outside game. Very early on his perimeter offense looked decent to the point where an improvement arc along the line of Dudley would allow him to get to that next level. Unfortunately, he seems to either have 1) disgressed in that regard because of what he's being asked to focus on and where he is needed for the majority of the game or 2) he was never good at it in the first place and the comparison was premature. Or a combination of the two.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DallasEire {l Wrote}:

If I recall, there was a point last year where Anderson was held out as possibly having a Dudley-esque inside-outside game. Very early on his perimeter offense looked decent to the point where an improvement arc along the line of Dudley would allow him to get to that next level. Unfortunately, he seems to either have 1) disgressed in that regard because of what he's being asked to focus on and where he is needed for the majority of the game or 2) he was never good at it in the first place and the comparison was premature. Or a combination of the two.

IIRC, his high school game film that someone posted here showed him making a lot of 3's. That's what led to the Dudley comparison I believe. Not sure what happened to that stroke.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 pm

Dudley couldn't/didn't shoot much until he was a senior. Part of that was the flex, but let's not act like he arrived here as anything more that a scrapper and relentless rebounder.

EDIT: it was more "couldn't" than "didn't". He was low to mid 30% until senior year when he jumped to 44% on a similar number of shots.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Dudley couldn't/didn't shoot much until he was a senior. Part of that was the flex, but let's not act like he arrived here as anything more that a scrapper and relentless rebounder.

Did someone act like that?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Dudley couldn't/didn't shoot much until he was a senior. Part of that was the flex, but let's not act like he arrived here as anything more that a scrapper and relentless rebounder.

Anderson was a freshman when you said someone compared him to what Dudley was as a senior. So yes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Anderson was a freshman when you said someone compared him to what Dudley was as a senior. So yes.

I apologize if my statement was unclear. I was recalling that someone seemed to think he could easily become what Dudley became because of the skill set Ryan came in with - and I thought there was a possibility as well. As you rightly point out, the improvement arc would not even have to be as steep as Jared's (at the time it appeared this way). That doesn't seem to be the case any more as his outside game shows no signs of ever being a thing, let alone a Dudley-esque weapon.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum