bc begging students to come to unc game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

bc begging students to come to unc game

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 pm

sent out a promo: superfan appreciation day for unc...also sent out an email reminding those few who have season tickets that they do indeed have season tickets.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: bc begging students to come to unc game

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:sent out a promo: superfan appreciation day for unc...also sent out an email reminding those few who have season tickets that they do indeed have season tickets.

The UNC game is on ESPNU; with a national TV audience, they're undoubtedly desperate to put a favorable image in front of the cameras.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Good they should be doing things like this. But students should also just want to be at the game without and prodding
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Good they should be doing things like this. But students should also just want to be at the game without and prodding

this.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:57 am

If we win, they're probably so stupid they'll storm the court.

This new version of BC Student is ill-informed
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Good they should be doing things like this. But students should also just want to be at the game without and prodding

Until there is real student demand and excitement, we should nix one of the student sections behind the basket. It's no coincidence that the two largest and most engaged crowds this season came when the students were off campus and the ticket office was able to sell those sections to the public and to donate tickets to youth groups.

BC Athletics can probably generate MORE revenue MORE excitement and MORE tv-viewing respect (in this regard more doesn't mean a whole lot). AND we'll get a better performance from a team that is thrilled to play in front of other humans.

Here's another idea -- after the first tv timeout at 16 minutes, sound a horn and give everyone the green light to move down and fill the empty first tier seats -- if you show up late and there's someone in their seat....tough luck. Lucky for you it's an open free for all so you'll be able to find seats. And you'll probably endeavor to be on-time next time or at least you'll understand the consequences.

If we don't want to piss off season ticket holders at least consider doing the same with the student sections.......

Crazy, drastic measures -- but I'm ready for crazy and drastic........And more nutty ideas?

Here's one -- don't include UNC and Duke in student packages. The only way to get those tickets is through some kind of documented attendance at earlier games......let's eliminate the incentive to buy tickets and not show up. Gotta flip it -- show up in order to earn your right to show up for the big games.......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 am

Our students suck

I don't fault the general student body pink hats as they will have gone their 4 years without BC even making the tournament (unless we win the acc tourney ool), but there should be 200 non nerds who can make it to a basketball game

As for the ideas, I agree one side should be students and the other local schools. The horn idea, while good IWNH.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:If we win, they're probably so stupid they'll storm the court.

this was my first thought as well. while i always root for the boys to win... i'll be extra rootie in this game so that i can see the douchebag disciples and kids in the clifford the big red dog and lo-jack auto protection costumes storm the court.

good god the current crop of bc students suck ass
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:22 am

The ticket office is selling non-student tickets to the UNC game for $30. They are delusional. I got a ticket to the NC State game outside Conte for $10, and that was on a Saturday afternoon. I'll get into this game for $10, too.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 am

They 'offered' duke tickets to football season ticket holders for $40 (plus 10 in fees), I declined

Been to about half the home game and never paid more than 10
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 pm

I especially enjoyed the "5-Time NCAA Champions" note below UNC's logo.

If the Chicago Bucket Boys halftime performance doesn't have them coming in droves, I don't know what will. Isn't this roughly the equivalent of Grill 23 featuring an exotic sampling of Chi-Chi's finest?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:28 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I especially enjoyed the "5-Time NCAA Champions" note below UNC's logo.

If the Chicago Bucket Boys halftime performance doesn't have them coming in droves, I don't know what will. Isn't this roughly the equivalent of Grill 23 featuring an exotic sampling of Chi-Chi's finest?

re: Chicago Bucket Boys performing at halftime - Is that true or are you joking?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:40 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:I especially enjoyed the "5-Time NCAA Champions" note below UNC's logo.

re: Chicago Bucket Boys performing at halftime - Is that true or are you joking?

You can't make this stuff up

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

why do our promotions all look like they were created by civil with photoshop? I've always wondered.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:42 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Unless percussion music is the latest craze with 18-22 year olds, this is a waste of marketing/promotional resources of GDF-ian proportions.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:16 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Unless percussion music is the latest craze with 18-22 year olds, this is a waste of marketing/promotional resources of GDF-ian proportions.

Is it your contention that they are receiving more compensation than quiet clapping from bewildered whalepants? Is it more or less than a value meal at Arby's? Isn't Quincy Market picking up the travel costs for their joint venture with the "we ain't got guns" street dance troup anyway?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:35 pm

The bar for halftime entertainment at college basketball games is pretty low. Last year I went to the UVA-UNC game and enjoyed the antics of LeBronco James, Mia Hammster, and Shaquille O'Seal

http://www.zooperstars.com/Characters/ZOO_Characters.asp
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:The bar for halftime entertainment at college basketball games is pretty low. Last year I went to the UVA-UNC game and enjoyed the antics of LeBronco James, Mia Hammster, and Shaquille O'Seal

Holy Mackerel Jordan!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:The bar for halftime entertainment at college basketball games is pretty low. Last year I went to the UVA-UNC game and enjoyed the antics of LeBronco James, Mia Hammster, and Shaquille O'Seal

Ichiroach Suzuki is the best one.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 pm

we need to start some sort of petition to get these marvels at a Superbowl halftime show.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm

GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:Here's one -- don't include UNC and Duke in student packages. The only way to get those tickets is through some kind of documented attendance at earlier games......let's eliminate the incentive to buy tickets and not show up. Gotta flip it -- show up in order to earn your right to show up for the big games.......

you do realize people who have season tickets have to be reminded that they do indeed have season tickets and therefore should show up for the big games?

that's a little flaw in the master plan.

another flaw is that the unc tickets are already on general sale for students and wont sell out.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Fucking phenomenal. Post of the day.

Bobby Orrangutang, Donovan McCrabb and Nomar Garciapparrot are my favorites.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 am

My favorite is actually Derek Cheetah, because he is a cheater.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby The Knife of Asia on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I remember doing a jig to the bucket boys outside of the TD Garden after the Antoine Walker-led celts downed the Jason Kidd-wife-beater-led NJ Nets....

I thought they were homeless?
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Just turned down a pair of free DBS tickets. Can't remember the last time I did something like that. Thanks Gene.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm

BC has 2 of the top 4 in ACC players taking the highest % of their team's shots. Anderson and Hanlon combine for over 43% of shots. Ball hogs.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MaroonDog on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 pm

You know perhaps more students would go to the games if we had better seating arrangements and BC did more half time activities like bringing dancing troupes (Fuego, Sexual Chocolate, etc) to do a few routines during intermission. Also it's not very nice to insinuate that the students would storm the court for a game against UNC during a down year for them where they're only ranked 37th in the RPI with their "marque" win coming against UNLV.
MaroonDog
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:14 pm

MaroonDog {l Wrote}:You know perhaps more students would go to the games if we had better seating arrangements and BC did more half time activities like bringing dancing troupes (Fuego, Sexual Chocolate, etc) to do a few routines during intermission. Also it's not very nice to insinuate that the students would storm the court for a game against UNC during a down year for them where they're only ranked 37th in the RPI with their "marque" win coming against UNLV.

I can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or not. I must be getting old.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:14 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MaroonDog {l Wrote}:You know perhaps more students would go to the games if we had better seating arrangements and BC did more half time activities like bringing dancing troupes (Fuego, Sexual Chocolate, etc) to do a few routines during intermission. Also it's not very nice to insinuate that the students would storm the court for a game against UNC during a down year for them where they're only ranked 37th in the RPI with their "marque" win coming against UNLV.

my brain just started bleeding i think.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

my brain just started bleeding i think.

did it bleed maroon, dog?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Next

Return to Conte Forum