OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

that sucky mo valley conference has two ranked teams (creighton and the shockers) and i'd say doesn't lag that far behind the sucky acc.

other than that, you're points were good ones
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:that sucky mo valley conference has two ranked teams (creighton and the shockers) and i'd say doesn't lag that far behind the sucky acc.

other than that, you're points were good ones

The ACC is horrible this year. Sort of regretting my adventure down to Greensboro already
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:28 am

i stand by my "acc only gets 3 invites to the big dance this year" statement.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i stand by my "acc only gets 3 invites to the big dance this year" statement.

It is going to be real interesting to see how the NCAA fills out its tourney brackets this year. There are a whole lot of suck-wad teams in the Power-Six conferences. If you are right that there are 3 teams from the ACC (Duke, NCState and either Maryland or Miami), 4 from the SEC in Mizzou, Ole Miss, Florida, and Kentucky, at most 5 from the Big-Ten(12), at most 4 from the Pac-12 (as there are only 4 teams out here worth mentioning), 4 from the Big-XII(10), and 6 or (at most) 7 from the Big East, that is only 27 teams. Okay so that leaves 38 or 39 slots (I don't even know how many preliminary games are played the Tuesday before) from the suck-wad mid-major conferences. Fuck, lots or room from schools like Northeastern! :)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i stand by my "acc only gets 3 invites to the big dance this year" statement.

It is going to be real interesting to see how the NCAA fills out its tourney brackets this year. There are a whole lot of suck-wad teams in the Power-Six conferences. If you are right that there are 3 teams from the ACC (Duke, NCState and either Maryland or Miami), 4 from the SEC in Mizzou, Ole Miss, Florida, and Kentucky, at most 5 from the Big-Ten(12), at most 4 from the Pac-12 (as there are only 4 teams out here worth mentioning), 4 from the Big-XII(10), and 6 or (at most) 7 from the Big East, that is only 27 teams. Okay so that leaves 38 or 39 slots (I don't even know how many preliminary games are played the Tuesday before) from the suck-wad mid-major conferences. Fuck, lots or room from schools like Northeastern! :)

That's not exactly how it works. That scenario actually fills 21 of 37 slots. 16 slots to figure out. Still a lot, though.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

That's not exactly how it works. That scenario actually fills 21 of 37 slots. 16 slots to figure out. Still a lot, though.

Well, unless there are some automatic, built-in comitments from the NCAA to the BCS conferences that guarantee 37 BCS teams go dancing (no matter what their overall records), there will be fewer BCS conference teams in the 66 NCAA slots (31 of which are pre-determined by winning conference championships) than there usually are. I just can't see 37 BCS teams being the best out of 315 division-1 teams, nationwide. Not this year anyway. The conferences aren't that strong. So yeah, I could see 13 or 14 "at-large" slots given out to the 25 mid-major conferences.

I have to disagree with tre, I think the ACC sends 4 and not 3. I think Miami, Maryland, NCState, and Duke are all going.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

Well, unless there are some automatic, built-in comitments from the NCAA to the BCS conferences that guarantee 37 BCS teams go dancing (no matter what their overall records), there will be fewer BCS conference teams in the 66 NCAA slots (31 of which are pre-determined by winning conference championships) than there usually are. I just can't see 37 BCS teams being the best out of 315 division-1 teams, nationwide. Not this year anyway. The conferences aren't that strong. So yeah, I could see 13 or 14 "at-large" slots given out to the 25 mid-major conferences.

I have to disagree with tre, I think the ACC sends 4 and not 3. I think Miami, Maryland, NCState, and Duke are all going.

i'm guessing the dook/maryland game wasn't broadcast at a costco near you
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

i'm guessing the dook/maryland game wasn't broadcast at a costco near you

Every team has at least one horrible loss per year. If you look at Maryland's remaining schedule (no more Miamis or NCStates), Duke on Feb 16th might be the only team they lose to for the rest of the regular season. The NCAA selection comittee is going to give an "at-large" slot to the number 1 rebounding team in college basketball if they finish the regular season 25-6 (or 24-7 with a loss @ FSU.)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 am

they will lose to dook. they will lose to carolina. they will lose at least two of the virginia (x2), florida state, and wake (x2).

they will finish the year with 9-10 losses. in this acc, that's not good enough.

mark it down/book it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:they will lose to dook. they will lose to carolina. they will lose at least two of the virginia (x2), florida state, and wake (x2).

they will finish the year with 9-10 losses. in this acc, that's not good enough.

mark it down/book it

we'll see
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm

let's remind the world of your previous ibsolutes and how well they worked out

2012/2013 oregon football in a guaranteed national championship participant
2011/2012 cal bears bball is a top 16 basketball program
timeless - boston college is not a university because it doesn't have an engineering school
2009/2010 - dave shinskie will be successful from the jump and may transfer to the nfl because he is a man/24 years old
2008/2009 - bc/spaz should hire randy shannon as his offensive coordinator

there are plenty more but these are some of my favorites. i'm sure the asshat of 2012 has links to more of the sporting related ones so i'll leave that task to him
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 pm

i'll give you these....

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:2012/2013 oregon football in a guaranteed national championship participant
2011/2012 cal bears bball is a top 16 basketball program
timeless - boston college is not a university because it doesn't have an engineering school
2009/2010 - dave shinskie will be successful from the jump and may transfer to the nfl because he is a man/24 years old

...but...

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:2008/2009 - bc/spaz should hire randy shannon as his offensive coordinator

...I must be brain farting here because I have no memory of this. Or maybe you have me confused with someone else?

As far as your lock about Maryland that you want me to "book", is this as guaranteed as the other guarantee you made about the 49ers playing the Patriots in the Superbowl?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:2008/2009 - bc/spaz should hire randy shannon as his offensive coordinator

I remember this. This was my favorite
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 pm

randy shannon - offensive genius

my timeline was off by a year or two... this was the post tranq suggestion not the right away suggestion
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:randy shannon - offensive genius

my timeline was off by a year or two... this was the post tranq suggestion not the right away suggestion

thanks

my brain must be calicfying. either that, or I was joking.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:randy shannon - offensive genius

thanks

my brain must be calicfying. either that, or I was joking.

It's the osteopenis.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 pm

i miss christopher huang (and not just transitive penis breathly)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Creighton! 18-3, (7-2 in the MVC)

They can't lose another one. In that sucky MVC, they gotta go 27-3 to make sure they get at least an at-large spot.

Oh and my alma mater is now 13-7 (8-0 in the CAA)

Go Huskies (#1 college basketball team in the state of Massachusetts) :) :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka

8-0 Northeastern coach Bill Coen should win CAA Coach of the Year hands down.
-Andy Katz
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

They can't lose another one. In that sucky MVC, they gotta go 27-3 to make sure they get at least an at-large spot.

Go Huskies (#1 college basketball team in the state of Massachusetts) :) :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka

Ironic that BC HAMMERED Northeastern in a preseason scrimmage.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:43 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Hmmmmm....

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens-basketball/2013/01/28/northeastern-routs-george-mason-stay-unbeaten-the-colonial-athletic-association/0h3lYN0qsIacHDpzwwMtnJ/story.html

...to be fair to my Huskies, was Johnathon Lee sitting on the bench with a broken foot during this "scrimmage" (I assume at Conte Forum?) Lee missed the first 9 games of the season when Northeastern sucked. Since he's been back, my alma mater has been rolling over the CAA.

My mid major alma mater does not have the "depth" of your Eagles. With our limited recruiting, we are doing the best we can. But we depend upon Lee.

We only have one big man. Our rebounding totally blows.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/111/northeastern-huskies

But our scoring and field goal percentage is very good, the Huskies have been doing a fine job from the charity stripe.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Hmmmmm....

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens-basketball/2013/01/28/northeastern-routs-george-mason-stay-unbeaten-the-colonial-athletic-association/0h3lYN0qsIacHDpzwwMtnJ/story.html

...to be fair to my Huskies, was Johnathon Lee sitting on the bench with a broken foot during this "scrimmage" (I assume at Conte Forum?) Lee missed the first 9 games of the season when Northeastern sucked. Since he's been back, my alma mater has been rolling over the CAA.

My mid major alma mater does not have the "depth" of your Eagles. With our limited recruiting, we are doing the best we can. But we depend upon Lee.

But our scoring and field goal percentage is very good, the Huskies have been doing a fine job from the charity stripe.

Our recruiting is "limited". Our rebounding blows and we only have one big man. If we made FTs, we'd be 3-2
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Hmmmmm....

Our recruiting is "limited". Our rebounding blows and we only have one big man. If we made FTs, we'd be 3-2

I thought I remembered looking at the stats that BC's rebounding has gotten MUCH better.

However, will be challenged when they play the Tar Heels.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 pm

mountain west is gonna take 3 maybe 4 slots
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:57 am

mo valley takes 2 with the bluejays and shockers (or 3 if some chump team like indiana state wins the tournament)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 am

The Big Ten will get at least 6 and probably 7, that conference is loaded.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

A conference loaded with teams ready to lose to Cal.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

A conference loaded with teams ready to lose to Cal.

I guess? Cal did lose to the fifth place team in the B1G by 25.

I don't get it.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:14 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:I guess? Cal did lose to the fifth place team in the B1G by 25.

I don't get it.

My memory is hazy, but I think this is a shot at IB. He was leading the Cal bandwagon around this time last year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:I don't get it.

now that nospace is back the arrogant prick is delving up a previous idiotic statement from the philosopher nospacian that claimed that the 2011/2012 cal bears are one of the best 16 basketball teams in the country. they then received a play-in game 12 seed and sucked like heather harmon (pre-retirement)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:I don't get it.

now that nospace is back the arrogant prick is delving up a previous idiotic statement from the philosopher nospacian that claimed that the 2011/2012 cal bears are one of the best 16 basketball teams in the country. they then received a play-in game 12 seed and sucked like heather harmon (pre-retirement)

this year, I've been felating Creighton. they are my new CAL
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum