UVA Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UVA Game

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

BC, meet the freshman wall.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:35 pm

For those who didn't watch or pretend not to remember last year this is what last year was like.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:An injured clifford, rubin, struggling rahon, odio isn’t a good lineup if you want to put the ball in the basket

UVA stinks and fouls an awful lot. If we can't beat UVA, I'm not sure who else we're going to beat in this conference

I actually like UVA's game. Slow it down. Tough defense...pretty athletic and very long. . I think they're better than most of the rest of the average ACC. Not a good match up for BC especially with the size Rahon gives up on Harris.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:For those who didn't watch or pretend not to remember last year this is what last year was like.

We played much better last year at UVA. This performance is a joke
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:An injured clifford, rubin, struggling rahon, odio isn’t a good lineup if you want to put the ball in the basket

UVA stinks and fouls an awful lot. If we can't beat UVA, I'm not sure who else we're going to beat in this conference

I don't think BC will ever beat another ACC team again. Never. Ever.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:40 pm

On the bright side: This game wasn't decided by free throws!!!!!!!
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Rubin got beat by a very half-assed, non-chalant move by Justin Anderson. and then he puts up an absolute brick.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm beginning to think its highly likely that Next year is Don's last.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm beginning to think its highly likely that Next year is Don's last.

no
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I'm beginning to think its highly likely that Next year is Don's last.

no

Right on cue.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Dude, shut. up.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:57 pm

that wasn't so good. does our varsity team have a game today?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm

UVA was just too physical for the 4 guard offense. BC couldn't score on the interior, and UVA shot like 80% in the 2nd half from the field. 2 things obviously that will result in a loss. Referees were not giving Anderson any kind of help today down low. Guards couldn't get to the rim.

Don't know how one game can all of a sudden seal Donahue's fate.
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:11 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:UVA was just too physical for the 4 guard offense. BC couldn't score on the interior, and UVA shot like 80% in the 2nd half from the field. 2 things obviously that will result in a loss. Referees were not giving Anderson any kind of help today down low. Guards couldn't get to the rim.

Its not one game, its Bryant etc.

I like Don but its beginning to look like next year is tourney run or bust.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:13 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Referees were not giving Anderson any kind of help today down low.

They were too busy bailing out the rest of the team.

It's not one game. What team have you been watching?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bluefishskip {l Wrote}:Referees were not giving Anderson any kind of help today down low.

They were too busy bailing out the rest of the team.

It's not one game. What team have you been watching?

Refs were fairly bad today, although that is not why BC lost.

However, when BC lost the ball out-of-bounds off a steal, Dan Bonner was pretty speechless that there was no foul call before muttering Hanlan was fouled.

BC severely lacks a go-to scorer when another team makes a run. For example, when UVA played BC @UVA 2 years ago, UVA went up 8-0 to start the game, then 28-21, then Reggie Jackson brought BC back and BC cruised in the second half.

Today, when UVA goes on a big run, BC has nobody to stop it.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:33 pm

I am still convinced that Donahue is a good coach but he has major difficulty recruiting talent. I think it was only after the 2011 class that he realized what it takes to be successful in the ACC.

Next year is NCAA tourney or bust. I think we can make it and adding Owens will certainly help, but without more recruits we will still be thin.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:42 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I actually like UVA's game. Slow it down. Tough defense...pretty athletic and very long. . I think they're better than most of the rest of the average ACC. Not a good match up for BC especially with the size Rahon gives up on Harris.

That's why your name is Bchockey. UVA is gross and Tony Bennett clearly hates basketball. They could call 3 fouls on every possession they are on defense. They can win games b/c Bennett has decided the only way he can do well at UVA is by desecrating the game of basketball. I wish we could trade UVA to the big ten and keep maryland.
Last edited by Baltimore Eagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:46 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
Next year is NCAA tourney or bust. I think we can make it and adding Owens will certainly help, but without more recruits we will still be thin.

We have that ND guy too. I think it's realistic to expect at least one more 2013 recruit who is decent. That means three quality, or at least decent, players will be added to the rotation. And if, IF Clifford comes back relatively healthy then we'll have a strong team. It just isn't going to happen this year. Not enough talent with a hobbled Clifford.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:46 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I am still convinced that Donahue is a good coach but he has major difficulty recruiting talent. I think it was only after the 2011 class that he realized what it takes to be successful in the ACC.

I completely agree. I think we are a "well coached" team we just have no margin for error b/c the talent isn't there. In a game like Maryland BC outplayed them for long stretches but couldn't put any distance between them. Mostly b/c they can't hit wide open jump shots.
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:52 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I am still convinced that Donahue is a good coach but he has major difficulty recruiting talent. I think it was only after the 2011 class that he realized what it takes to be successful in the ACC.

I've started retyping a reply to this post four times, none could express just how dumb I think the first two lines are. Clifford, Anderson and Jackson are still fine, just like they were before this loss. There was no epiphany. The difference is that there was no longer an empty F'ing roster to fill with bodies in 2012.

I will be done with Donahue if they are not a bubble team next year. I nearly guarantee Donahue gets a fourth year if he has a .500 record next year and maybe even if not and I wonder what BC athletics department people who think otherwise have been watching. I'm not saying this is good, its generally terrible but it is what is likely to happen.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:57 pm

In terms of his job security I don't care if he is a good coach. It's all about recruiting and he either needs to make the tourney next year (prob less than 50% chance) or he prove he can recruit enough talent to compete on this level or he should be gone.
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:13 pm

Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:In terms of his job security I don't care if he is a good coach. It's all about recruiting and he either needs to make the tourney next year (prob less than 50% chance) or he prove he can recruit enough talent to compete on this level or he should be gone.

If he adds two more decent rotational players and one is a big I think it makes a world of difference.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:In terms of his job security I don't care if he is a good coach. It's all about recruiting and he either needs to make the tourney next year (prob less than 50% chance) or he prove he can recruit enough talent to compete on this level or he should be gone.

If he adds two more decent rotational players and one is a big I think it makes a world of difference.

It does. We're playing so short-handed right now.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That's why your name is Bchockey. UVA is gross and Tony Bennett clearly hates basketball. They could call 3 fouls on every possession they are on defense. They can win games b/c Bennett has decided the only way he can do well at UVA is by desecrating the game of basketball. I wish we could trade UVA to the big ten and keep maryland.

This also. Bennett's D is a joke. Al they do is foul all possession, it's like playing VCU. Hanlan had a bad game because Evans, who Is the worst jump shooter in D1, fouled him no less than 15 times.
Last edited by eepstein0 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:29 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This also. Bennett's D is a joke. Al they do is foul all possession, it's like playing VCU

Odio and Rahon made a lot of wow faces on some calls
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I've started retyping a reply to this post four times, none could express just how dumb I think the first two lines are. Clifford, Anderson and Jackson are still fine, just like they were before this loss. There was no epiphany. The difference is that there was no longer an empty F'ing roster to fill with bodies in 2012.

I will be done with Donahue if they are not a bubble team next year. I nearly guarantee Donahue gets a fourth year if he has a .500 record next year and maybe even if not and I wonder what BC athletics department people who think otherwise have been watching. I'm not saying this is good, its generally terrible but it is what is likely to happen.

My problem from the 2011 class isn't that we recruited zero talented players, but rather that we lacked consistency. Anderson, Clifford, and Jackson were all good recruits who I was happy with from Day 1. They had few high major offers but were getting tons of interest - similar to Rahon and Hanlan. The problem is that Donahue combined getting under-the-radar recruits that had lot of potential with other players that had zero interest from any of the big conferences - Caudill, Odio, and arguably Heckmann. Donahue doesn't have to be Ed Cooley on the recruiting trail to be successful, but he should at least be successful enough to beat out other schools that are towards the top of mid-major conferences or towards the bottom of major conferences. Instead, half of Donahue's roster are players that not even Big East bottom feeders wanted.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:46 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

My problem from the 2011 class isn't that we recruited zero talented players, but rather that we lacked consistency. Anderson, Clifford, and Jackson were all good recruits who I was happy with from Day 1. They had few high major offers but were getting tons of interest - similar to Rahon and Hanlan. The problem is that Donahue combined getting under-the-radar recruits that had lot of potential with other players that had zero interest from any of the big conferences - Caudill, Odio, and arguably Heckmann. Donahue doesn't have to be Ed Cooley on the recruiting trail to be successful, but he should at least be successful enough to beat out other schools that are towards the top of mid-major conferences or towards the bottom of major conferences. Instead, half of Donahue's roster are players that not even Big East bottom feeders wanted.

Heckmann had a Michigan offer.

Caudill had offers from half the Pac-12 and was originally an Arizona State commit.

On Odio your right.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:49 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

why are we acting like KC Caudill had no major interest?

EDIT: I was beaten to it
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby bcmurph on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Speaking of depth, anyone know what happened to Heckmann today?
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum