Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:54 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Kaleb Joseph picked up a Cuse offer that can't be good.

sure it is. he'll have a big ol' list of offers, and they'll all be baffled when he chooses this great school known to some as The Heights. confidence, baby.

Hopefully he is camera shy.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:Kaleb Joseph picked up a Cuse offer that can't be good.

sure it is. he'll have a big ol' list of offers, and they'll all be baffled when he chooses this great school known to some as The Heights. confidence, baby.

Hopefully he is camera shy.

Or likes ghosts
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:27 am

The way I see it is if we were 4-0 in the ACC right now, things would be a lot nicer for BC. We would be at the top of the conference, get some national recognition, and recruits might take us a bit more seriously. This was possible considering that all 3 of our ACC losses went back and forth.

That's the way I see it.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:The way I see it is if we were 4-0 in the ACC right now, things would be a lot nicer for BC. We would be at the top of the conference, get some national recognition, and recruits might take us a bit more seriously. This was possible considering that all 3 of our ACC losses went back and forth.

That's the way I see it.

so, wait.. are you saying... winning is good?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 am

BC is still recruiting Daryl Reyonlds:

HOLYOKE, Mass. -- Worcester Academy 2013 power forward Darryl Reynolds said he played with a chip on shoulder. In a win against Cheshire Academy on Thursday - as part of the BasketBull Hoops Fest - Reynolds finished 22 points and dominated the offensive glass for Worcester.

In his first year, following a career at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia, Reynolds has interest from mid majors and much of the Atlantic 10, but has yet to land an offer from one of the major conferences.

Boston College (who was in attendance), Providence, and Arizona State have all shown interest at some point, according to Reynolds. He currently holds offers from St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, Fairfield, along with several oher A10 and mid majors.

"I'm new to the scene," said the 6-foot-8 forward. "I'm not worried about the whole college thing. I'm not going to make my decision until April."

"There's a lot of schools floating around. None of that matters, I just need to keep playing my game."
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 am

I interviewed Darryl Reynolds over the Summer. http://fansided150.com/2012/08/14/baske ... -to-coast/

Currently having interest from schools coast to coast, Darryl is in no rush to make his commitment. Boston College, Villanova, Providence College, Penn State, Temple, Arizona State, Virginia, Boston University, and St. Bonaventure have all expressed interest in the forward.
He only knows that he will visit Boston College and Providence for sure but there is a lot of time to visit other schools as his recruitment plays out.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:BC is still recruiting Daryl Reyonlds:

HOLYOKE, Mass. -- Worcester Academy 2013 power forward Darryl Reynolds said he played with a chip on shoulder. In a win against Cheshire Academy on Thursday - as part of the BasketBull Hoops Fest - Reynolds finished 22 points and dominated the offensive glass for Worcester.

In his first year, following a career at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia, Reynolds has interest from mid majors and much of the Atlantic 10, but has yet to land an offer from one of the major conferences.

Boston College (who was in attendance), Providence, and Arizona State have all shown interest at some point, according to Reynolds. He currently holds offers from St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, Fairfield, along with several oher A10 and mid majors.

"I'm new to the scene," said the 6-foot-8 forward. "I'm not worried about the whole college thing. I'm not going to make my decision until April."

"There's a lot of schools floating around. None of that matters, I just need to keep playing my game."
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:I interviewed Darryl Reynolds over the Summer. http://fansided150.com/2012/08/14/baske ... -to-coast/

Currently having interest from schools coast to coast, Darryl is in no rush to make his commitment. Boston College, Villanova, Providence College, Penn State, Temple, Arizona State, Virginia, Boston University, and St. Bonaventure have all expressed interest in the forward.
He only knows that he will visit Boston College and Providence for sure but there is a lot of time to visit other schools as his recruitment plays out.

My strong suspicion is that they're looking at Reynolds as Plan B if Rashard Kelly doesn't commit. Of course, Reynolds could move up on the list if he keeps playing the way he played against Cheshire Academy; offensive rebounding is one of the areas most in need of help.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Travis Jorgenson is on ESPN right now. MAN can he shoot it. He hit some really deep 3's. He's also a good distributor. The announcers were lauding how he controls the tempo of a game.

However, he has a bad pullup jumper.

hey also had a segment with Paul Biancardi and Malcolm Huckaby at halftime, talking about their BC days.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:46 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Travis Jorgenson is on ESPN right now. MAN can he shoot it. He hit some really deep 3's. He's also a good distributor. The announcers were lauding how he controls the tempo of a game.

However, he has a bad pullup jumper.

Noone on BC has a good pullup jumper, its just not necessary in this system
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Watched Jorgensen also. He's good but he's more of a role player.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:35 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Watched Jorgensen also. He's good but he's more of a role player.

ACC or non-ACC role player????????!!!!!!
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Watched Jorgensen also. He's good but he's more of a role player.

I don't necessarily agree with this. While he most likely won't come in and immediately make a Rahon/Hanlan impact, he will certainly be counted on to be play meaningful minutes next year.

Certainly an ACC player...in fact, Tennessee looks ready to offer
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

ACC or non-ACC role player????????!!!!!!

Yeah he's a solid ACC player.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:59 am

I disagree completely. he'd be yet another talented ball handler, probably earning 25-30 a game
with Rahon and Hanlan. this team will go to the NCAA's next year if he signs and our bigs stay healthy. the only things our squad is missimg right now is another big man and one more guard to give Rahon and Hanlan breathers. so basically, depth. a solid wing player would work too, although Lonnie, Dragicevich and Heck should be a solid combo.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:51 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:

I disagree completely. he'd be yet another talented ball handler, probably earning 25-30 a game
with Rahon and Hanlan. this team will go to the NCAA's next year if he signs and our bigs stay healthy. the only things our squad is missimg right now is another big man and one more guard to give Rahon and Hanlan breathers. so basically, depth. a solid wing player would work too, although Lonnie, Dragicevich and Heck should be a solid combo.

The Richardson kid is 6'9 and super athletic. Isn't he what people want?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby mjago410 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 pm

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jorgenson-miller-shine-for-new-hampton-n-h/

Something Jorgenson said:
“I like the relationship with Creighton,” he said. “I like the way they play, fast tempo. I love BC, because they’ve been getting better every year, and all the coaches at Georgia Tech are really nice. I’m just trying to figure out the best situation.”

Him saying he loves BC sounds a whole hell of a lot better than our coaches being "really nice".. lets hope this works out for us
mjago410
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:07 pm

mjago410 {l Wrote}:http://zagsblog.com/articles/jorgenson-miller-shine-for-new-hampton-n-h/

“I like the relationship with Creighton,” he said. “I like the way they play, fast tempo. I love BC, because they’ve been getting better every year, and all the coaches at Georgia Tech are really nice. I’m just trying to figure out the best situation.”

Him saying he loves BC sounds a whole hell of a lot better than our coaches being "really nice".. lets hope this works out for us

The Tennessee offer is coming also.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
mjago410 {l Wrote}:http://zagsblog.com/articles/jorgenson-miller-shine-for-new-hampton-n-h/

The Tennessee offer is coming also.

This may have already been posted -- apologies if I'm late to the party -- but just noticed that Missouri's coach now has a cloud over him, so hopefully a return to the original fold will be out of the question for Jorgenson:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... eport-says

Surely it's BC or Creighton. C'mon, Travis -- a rising ACC program! A chance to play Duke and UNC regularly. A chance to make an impact from Day 1!
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 am

Quote from Rashard Kelly article.

Still, Kelly is averaging 12 points and 8 rebounds per game and making an impression on college coaches.

Massanutten head coach Chad Myers said Boston College is recruiting Kelly most heavily. He’s also receiving interest from Delaware, DePaul, George Mason, Seton Hall and Utah.

Kelly recently took an official visit to Boston College and pondered giving the Eagles an oral commitment. However, he said he wants to wait until after the season to make a decision.

Boston College has received a commitment from Kelly’s teammate, Garland Owens, but returning to Massanutten for a post-grad year is also an option for Kelly.

“They want us to come in next year and try to change the culture around the system,” Kelly said of B.C. “Right now they have a lot of shooters and they don’t really go at it. They’re kind of soft. If I go there, they want us to mix up the culture and bring in, not that rough lifestyle, but we’re not afraid of anything.”

Myers appreciates the tenacity.

Kelly has started every game and is playing 25 minutes out of 40 per contest. Myers said Kelly works relentlessly to get better. He said Kelly was already an outstanding rebounder when he enrolled in Massanutten, but wanted to make offensive improvements.

Full article here: http://news.fredericksburg.com/sports/2 ... er-excels/
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 am

Im not sure how the current players are going to feel about Kelly/Owens calling them soft.

They're totally correct, I just find it interesting.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Im not sure how the current players are going to feel about Kelly/Owens calling them soft.

They watch their own tapes, the conclusion is inescapable.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Im not sure how the current players are going to feel about Kelly/Owens calling them soft.

They watch their own tapes, the conclusion is inescapable.

No argument as to the sophomores certainly.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bcmurph on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Well he/they obviously must have gotten that impression from coach(es)...I wonder how they'll feel about their coaches calling them soft.
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:32 pm

bcmurph {l Wrote}:

Well he/they obviously must have gotten that impression from coach(es)...I wonder how they'll feel about their coaches calling them soft.

I find it hard to imagine the coaches saying that to recruiting prospects if they haven't already said it to the players in practice.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm glad they have 3 irons in the forward fire (Enes, Kelly and Reynolds). I'd be fine with taking any 2 of them. Enes seems most like what I'd guess Don wants in a big man. Reynolds is a physical big man who isn't afraid of contact. And, Kelly is a very athletic forward (who is probably the only one of the 3 who would also see time at 3). My only concern with Kelly is that he may be too similar to Owens.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Brablc on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I'm glad they have 3 irons in the forward fire (Enes, Kelly and Reynolds). I'd be fine with taking any 2 of them. Enes seems most like what I'd guess Don wants in a big man. Reynolds is a physical big man who isn't afraid of contact. And, Kelly is a very athletic forward (who is probably the only one of the 3 who would also see time at 3). My only concern with Kelly is that he may be too similar to Owens.

I'm with you. A class of Owens, Drag, Jorgenson and Kanter / Kelly, would be great. Not that I think Heckmann will leave next year yet but they would probably be able to add another big in his scholarship spot if that's true.

Will be interesting how this pans out.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am

WOW, I read Darryl Reynolds description and thought "that's literally exactly what we need." a 6'8 athletic big with long arms who can work in the post.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am

Why is Jorgenson a need? We have Hanlan, Rahon, Heck, LoJack and Drags. Why do we need a 6th guy who can play the 2??? I think the priority should be Kanter, Reynolds and Kelly... probably in that order. I'd take any two of them before looking at Jorgenson.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby footer20 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Why is Jorgenson a need? We have Hanlan, Rahon, Heck, LoJack and Drags. Why do we need a 6th guy who can play the 2??? I think the priority should be Kanter, Reynolds and Kelly... probably in that order. I'd take any two of them before looking at Jorgenson.

Jorgenson is a need because of our lack of depth with ball handlers. We have both Rahon and Hanlon out there for 35 minutes. There is no backup capable of handling the ball. There will come a time when one of Rahon or Hanlon will play poorly, get tired, or get hurt. If you have a capable backup that fits the offense's mold perfectly, it changes everything. He would keep the guards more fresh and tiring at the end ofthe game (missing FTs) should be less of a problem. It is basically asking how JD would have helped this team (Except Jorgenson is bigger and a better shooter than JD). Thus, the staff have identified him as a crucial part of this class.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Why is Jorgenson a need? We have Hanlan, Rahon, Heck, LoJack and Drags. Why do we need a 6th guy who can play the 2??? I think the priority should be Kanter, Reynolds and Kelly... probably in that order. I'd take any two of them before looking at Jorgenson.

I definitely agree they need a 4 before another point, but I get the logic behind it. For better or worse, Don is going to play a lot of 3 guard lineups and likes to have two guys with point ability out there. Jackson's handle has gotten better but he's definitely not a point, so we really only have 2 on the team. To run the lineup Don wants, a third point makes sense (cue comments about Jordan Daniels here, not that I necessarily disagree).
31southst
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum