2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 am

Unfuckingbelievable!!!! Let's just all hope that was the handiwork of Spazoo and not Dazoo.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Unfuckingbelievable!!!! Let's just all hope that was the handiwork of Spazoo and not Dazoo.

While we can't exactly be turning away top prospects under any conditions, that is a very ridiculous thing this guy is doing. Everyone else decides by signing day, why is he special?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:14 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Unfuckingbelievable!!!! Let's just all hope that was the handiwork of Spazoo and not Dazoo.

While we can't exactly be turning away top prospects under any conditions, that is a very ridiculous thing this guy is doing. Everyone else decides by signing day, why is he special?

Now that the "hat thing" is so passé, it seems this is becoming more and more commonplace...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:34 am

Parker has grade issues it would be a surprise if he qualifies. A lot of schools cooled months ago on him because of it.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Because he's 10th best in Virginia.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:16 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Because he's 10th best in Virginia.

If I recall correctly, it is a major benefit to the student-athlete to NOT sign on LOI day. If I recall correctly, by waiting, he can sign something that binds the school but not him. So, if a coach was to suddently leave after LOI Day, he would be one of the few who could ditch the program without penalty. Then again... I could be getting this confused with BB.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am

When will we officially know that Damon Mitchell has joined Wendell Dunn in deciding not to visit campus?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:40 pm

From 247...

Michael Julian, QB, Hilton Head (SC)

The three-star prospect has seen his recruitment take off in recent weeks as he's received offers from Boston College, Wisconsin, N.C. State and more. Those three schools make up his top three at the moment and he plans to visit Wisconsin next weekend before making a decision.

Commit Odds: LOW Right now, I'd argue that Wisconsin is his leader. Julian was leaning toward Utah State when Gary Andersen was there, and now that he's the head man for the Badgers, the B1G school is in good position.

Rapheal Webb, RB, Gainesville (FL)

Boston College moved into his top group of schools after an offer from Addazio and company came his way last month. Vanderbilt, South Florida and Minnesota round out his top four. The 247Composite three-star visited Florida Atlantic last weekend and plans to visit Minnesota next Saturday.

Commit Odds: MEDIUM If you had asked me a week ago, I would have put this at hot.... scorching hot. However, earlier this week he received an offer from South Florida - his first big time offer close to home. He has plenty of connections with the Bulls and Willie Taggart is a known recruiting shark around central Florida. However, Addazio may push for a commitment from him while he's in town, because....

Silas Spearman, RB, Seminole Ridge (FL)

Spearman was being recruited by Don Brown while the defensive coordinator was at Connecticut. Now that he's at Boston College, the Eagles have expressed a serious interested and extended an invite for this weekend. According to Spearman, they also made it clear that there was a good chance he would receive an offer if he came.

Commit Odds: HIGH From the outside looking in, it seems that the plan is to push Webb for a commitment and, if not, then extend one to Spearman. They may even take both. However, I imagine an offer is likely to come and if it does, I expect Spearman to commit on the trip or shortly after.

Damon Mitchell, ATH, Egg Harbor Township (NJ)

The "surprise" visitor for the weekend is the current Georgia Tech commit that can play both quarterback and safety. He was recruited by Addazio to Temple to play quarterback, but Mitchell was interested in playing at a higher level. Now that Addazio is at Boston College, the recruitment has begun again in earnest.

Commit Odds: MEDIUM It's hard to list someone as "high" when they are currently committed elsewhere, but Mitchell is skeptical about the triple option offense and Addazio is selling him on the Tim Tebow style spread offense that he would flourish in.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I do not believe Damon Mitchell is coming. According to the twitter-box:
"Kelly Quinlan ‏@Kelly_Quinlan
#GT locks up one-time wavering commit Damon Mitchell, from @Rivalsfriedman http://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1461078 … "
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Just a thought.... anyway we could get a thread that only lists committed players? Just something for everyone to refer to. It might make it easier for people to get acquainted with the incoming players which could enhance educated commentary ?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/bostoncollege/football/recruiting/commitments/2013

http://bostoncollege.scout.com/a.z?s=165&p=9&c=8&yr=2013

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=103&action=login

http://bostoncollege.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Commits
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm so fucking happy that our new ace recruiter is looking likely to snag no one before signing day. Ever to excel.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 pm

NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby fs33 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:44 pm

fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Very good write-up on Silas Spearman. Anyone heard how this weekends visits went?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/acrobat/2012-12/133151100-24121539.pdf

His highlights tape - the kid looks quick:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1266347/silas-m#.UMae0eD6jSY.twitter
Last edited by UK Eagle on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:37 am

absolutely no coverage on the visitors from friday. state of the program.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 am

It think that's because the original five visitors turned out to only be 3 and that the "state of the program" hasn't improved considerably since Spazoo was fired.

That said, Julian did make it to campus.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It think that's because the original five visitors turned out to only be 3 and that the "state of the program" hasn't improved considerably since Spazoo was fired.

That said, Julian did make it to campus.

Do you know that Mitchell didn't go or are you just cherry picking worst possible situations? Because while I saw that Dunn was not going, I saw that Mitchell might not be going, Julian might not be going (apparently he did per your post), McEvoy was going, Spearman was going and Webb was going, which is either 4 or 5.

I meant that the state of the program is such that it has no supporters, no one gives a shit, therefore EA doesn't even bother covering what is arguably the most important recruiting weekend of the last year.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 am

Damon Mitchell confirmed with GTech based on an in-home he had on Thursday with Paul Johnson (who told him if he takes any more visits they'll look for a new QB and not wait of him). I assume that means he wasn't coming.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/201 ... notes.html

I didn't realize we had McEvoy on campus. He's a real talent, but they better do their due diligence on his background. What are we recruiting him as?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Damon Mitchell confirmed with GTech based on an in-home he had on Thursday with Paul Johnson (who told him if he takes any more visits they'll look for a new QB and not wait of him). I assume that means he wasn't coming.

I didn't realize we had McEvoy on campus. He's a real talent, but they better do their due diligence on his background. What are we recruiting him as?

McEvoy would be a huge get... I assume he no longer has a redshirt year.

sell him on playing WR this year and getting a crack at QB the following year after Chase leaves... he's a definite athlete and i'm sure Daziani could find somewhere to play him during 2013.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Damon Mitchell confirmed with GTech based on an in-home he had on Thursday with Paul Johnson (who told him if he takes any more visits they'll look for a new QB and not wait of him). I assume that means he wasn't coming.

I saw the Mitchell twitter stuff but then the ea guy said he thought he was coming. Although maybe he said it before the Johnson in home.

I am not sure whether mcevoy is there but read something to that effect.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

McEvoy would be a huge get... I assume he no longer has a redshirt year.

sell him on playing WR this year and getting a crack at QB the following year after Chase leaves... he's a definite athlete and i'm sure Daziani could find somewhere to play him during 2013.

Tanner McEvoy, in my opinion, is an Aaron Hernandez type tight end. Could he play QB or WR? Possibly. But, his value is only off-the-charts at TE. All that said... this is based upon my impressions from High School. A lot may have changed.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:59 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I saw the Mitchell twitter stuff but then the ea guy said he thought he was coming. Although maybe he said it before the Johnson in home.

I am not sure whether mcevoy is there but read something to that effect.

If Mitchell came AFTER the GT ultimatum, you have to think our chances increases dramatically.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Watching his JUCO tape his athleticism jumps off the screen at you. He has a big arm but has an ugly throwing motion serious mechanic work would be needed. But you take that type of athlete every day if it doesn't work at QB you move him to TE or WR.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 pm

I don't know how true this is, but... supposedly on TOS bassey claims that Julian and Willis were the only recruits on campus this weekend.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't know how true this is, but... supposedly on TOS bassey claims that Julian and Willis were the only recruits on campus this weekend.

Not what he said. He said a couple of recruits were on campus this weekend and Julian was one off them.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't know how true this is, but... supposedly on TOS bassey claims that Julian and Willis were the only recruits on campus this weekend.

Spearman and Webb were definitely there as well.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:42 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Spearman and Webb were definitely there as well.

I am not aware of the exact number of visitors and did not mean to imply there was only 2.

I said on TOS...

There were a couple of visitors this WE.
I know Michael Julian was one of them.

I should have used another term to describe the amount.
I know a couple is actually 2 in value, but in my Ohio Hillbilly speak, it can be more than 2 as in I will see you in a couple of days.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Sounds like another commit could be wavering. WR Dan Monteroso is considering Purdue.

http://purdue.247sports.com/Article/Purdue-Hosts-Boston-College-Commit-Dan-Monteroso-For-Official-112280
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 pm

As I've been saying, Mitchell did NOT make the trip. I'm hearing Monteroso is gone. So, that's what 3 or 4 of our best recruits lost and none at all in. I guess 17 and 18 year olds aren't as easy to con as Master Bates.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Hearing mixed reports of Spearman getting an offer. Heard Daz was visiting him Wed.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium