Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This has boomeranged onto ND quite quickly. The Chicago papers seem to believe it is a foregone conclusion that Te'o was involved and are now focused on whether ND was complicit as well.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... z2IKpQ88EM

One of the commenters give the best explanation that I have heard:

The only logical explanation for "why" Te'o has done this is because he is hiding his sexuality. Imagine being a gay football player ... raised Mormon ... attending a Catholic university ... and having to explain why you have no girlfriend. Easy ... invent a fictional girlfriend thousands of miles away that no one sees although she has a Facebook profile. All questions of why you don't hook up with the hundreds of women trying to shower their affections on the BMOC go away.

I heard on the Howie Carr radio show the other day that Hollywood actors back in the day did the same thing. Raymond Burr (Perry Mason) invented a story that both his wife and daughter had died, and he was so grief stricken that he just was not up to dating anyone else.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 pm

My original conclusion was that Te'o either as dumb as a sack of shit or a liar, or both. If he kept going with the lie at the Heisman ceremony, who's to say he's not lying about everything else? Spare me the "embarrassment" shit. Nobody told him to bring up the fake gf after supposedly "learning" that she was fake.

The story (you pick which version, there are a couple) makes very little sense and in this day and age isn't plausible TBH. He seriously didn't even think to skype with this chick, and it didn't cross him as odd that he could never meet or even see each other's faces? And that there was always some complication -- car accident that apparently also gave her cancer, a coma, her inability to communicate verbally, her untimely death? It's insulting to our collective intelligence that they expect non-ND fans to believe this. There are so many people lying that we may never know the full story.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm

2008Eagle {l Wrote}:My original conclusion was that Te'o either as dumb as a sack of shit or a liar, or both. If he kept going with the lie at the Heisman ceremony, who's to say he's not lying about everything else? Spare me the "embarrassment" shit. Nobody told him to bring up the fake gf after supposedly "learning" that she was fake.

The story (you pick which version, there are a couple) makes very little sense and in this day and age isn't plausible TBH. He seriously didn't even think to skype with this chick, and it didn't cross him as odd that he could never meet or even see each other's faces? And that there was always some complication -- car accident that apparently also gave her cancer, a coma, her inability to communicate verbally, her untimely death? It's insulting to our collective intelligence that they expect non-ND fans to believe this. There are so many people lying that we may never know the full story.

"I'm not sure you can get AIDS by burning down your house, but I get your point." - Jay Bulworth
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

OTL also interviewed two other people who said they have a cousin who had the same online hoax pulled on them by Tuiasosopo.

J.R. Vaosa, 28, of Torrance, Calif., and Celeste Tuioti-Mariner, 21, of Whittier, said that in 2008 their cousin began an online romance with a woman who portrayed herself as a model. Vaosa said the cousin showed Vaosa a picture on MySpace of a woman from a Victoria's Secret catalog that he said was Kekua. Vaosa said that the online Kekua would agree to meet his cousin at certain places. Vaosa said he went with the cousin to meet her.

Yea OK! I really believe this.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm

ESPN's Shelley Smith claims she has been told by the woman that Ronnie Tuiasosopa ran the hoax and Te'o was not involved.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:ESPN's Shelley Smith claims she has been told by the woman that Ronnie Tuiasosopa ran the hoax and Te'o was not involved.

Yeah and that former Cardinals player came out and said the girl was real and he met her. They're all full of shit.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:ESPN's Shelley Smith claims she has been told by the woman that Ronnie Tuiasosopa ran the hoax and Te'o was not involved.

Brian Kelly probably threatened to make him his latest victim if he didn't say that.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 pm

I like Jason Whitlock. He always gives a different take on things other than your standard talking head. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't. But, they are always a decent read. In this case, I agree with him.
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... end-011813

BTW... he says that ESPN/ABC heard before the BCS Champs Game that Kekua didn't exist. I haven't seen that anywhere. If true, then them not researching the story highlights how major news organization readily sacrifice journalistic integrity in order to perpetrate an approved narrative.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 pm

The sad part about this is that fake cancer has claimed another victim.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Who is "the woman"? She did a report today interviewing two of his cousins and based upon their statements, Te'o is merely an innocent victim. What a joke!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Next we're going to hear that all those fake stories Te'o told about meeting Lanney in Stanford and seeing her in Hawaii came from a fake Manti Te'o Twitter account that Tuasosopo created for ESPN and SI interviews. The media is an innocent victim! :ignign
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby h2o on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Swarbrick and ND are now realizing how stupid that press conference made them look. They are now "encouraging" Te'o to come clean:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130118/jack-swarbrick-wants-manti-teo-to-speak.ap/?sct=hp_t2_a2

And the LGBT crowd wants answers as well:

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blogs/bostonspirit/2013/01/is_manti_teo_gay.html?camp=obnetwork
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:58 pm

How awkward would it have been if Te'o declared for the draft last year and the Colts picked him up?

#fakestrong
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 am

Based on Jeremy Schaap's recap of the two and a half hour interview with Teo, it sounds like Teo simply got hoaxed and that's it. This story will probably fizzle out.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Based on Jeremy Schaap's recap of the two and a half hour interview with Teo, it sounds like Teo simply got hoaxed and that's it. This story will probably fizzle out.

Wait what?

Sure it'll tone down but it'll far from fizzle out.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 am

I didn't see it. But, according to Deadspin, Te'o admitted to lying about his relationship and to tailoring stories for the media. Furthermore, he claimed that he still believed she was real until Deadspin ran its story. Also, he claims that visiting the love of his life "never crossed his mind". He also claimed that she visited the teams hotel at the BCS Game (though that never happened and now that portion of the story has been removed from the website).

I think Te'o is an habitual lier at best and a scam artist at worst. He should enjoy a Clausen/Brady-like free fall to the middle rounds.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Based on Jeremy Schaap's recap of the two and a half hour interview with Teo, it sounds like Teo simply got hoaxed and that's it. This story will probably fizzle out.

Don't know if SI is convinced http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130119/manti-teo-interview-stewart-mandel/?sct=hp_t11_a4&eref=sihp
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 am

This isn't going away anytime soon. That interview didn't convince anyone but AngryOtilla.

I think Condon really screwed this up. Seemed like Gay-O was unprepared for even some totally predictable questions. If he wasn't going to tell the truth about his gheyness, he should have at least told a marketable lie. "I didn't want all the pressure to have premarital sex, to compromise my Christian beliefs, so I made up a story so I could focus on football. I apologize to my fans, to ND, and to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know I will get through this with my faith and the support of friends and family." He's no longer the victim in this instance, but suddenly half of America sees him as the victim of a vicious, anti-religion media any time he is criticized. Worked for Tebow and Ray Lewis.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 am

As for why Te'o never visited his dying girlfriend in the hospital, he told Schaap, "It never really crossed my mind."

http://deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-interview-manti-teo-admits-to-tailoring-his-stories-says-he-wasnt-convinced-lennay-kekua-was-fake-until-wednesday

Wait, really? This isn't going anywhere
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:This isn't going away anytime soon. That interview didn't convince anyone but AngryOtilla.

I think Condon really screwed this up. Seemed like Gay-O was unprepared for even some totally predictable questions. If he wasn't going to tell the truth about his gheyness, he should have at least told a marketable lie. "I didn't want all the pressure to have premarital sex, to compromise my Christian beliefs, so I made up a story so I could focus on football. I apologize to my fans, to ND, and to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know I will get through this with my faith and the support of friends and family." He's no longer the victim in this instance, but suddenly half of America sees him as the victim of a vicious, anti-religion media any time he is criticized. Worked for Tebow and Ray Lewis.

or, Condon & ND could whisper to SI, NBC, ESPN: "he is ghey and we are just trying to protect the poor kid." In the liberal minds of the power thatbe, this hoax (and just about anything short of murder) is justified.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2008Eagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
As for why Te'o never visited his dying girlfriend in the hospital, he told Schaap, "It never really crossed my mind."

http://deadspin.com/5977282/in-espn-interview-manti-teo-admits-to-tailoring-his-stories-says-he-wasnt-convinced-lennay-kekua-was-fake-until-wednesday

Anyone who was convinced by that sketchy off-camera interview last night is an idiot plain and simple.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:51 am

If you're buying any of the bullshit coming from espn, nd, or the gay'o camp, than you're a dumbass. Espn is the equivalent of CNN schilling for pussy-ass liberals. In this case, espn is schilling for a gay samoan. Bob Knight was right, Jeremy is not his father.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:59 am

2008Eagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Anyone who was convinced by that sketchy off-camera interview last night is an idiot plain and simple.

I disagree. Teo would have to be even more stupid to think he could create this hoax and get away with it. I think that would require a higher level of stupidity than simply falling for an online relationship. When this story first broke on Wednesday, I was on board with the conspiracy theorists and Teo being involved in it. Now, I'm not so sure. If I had to bet, I would say he fell for it, and then embellished it. Also, this hoax had been tried before with the same girl. That's another huge fact in favor of Teo. Ultimately, I think the people involved in the hoax have way too much time on their hands.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:29 am

Even if he is not gay, he should just come out and say he was and made up the story to cover his ass. He will then be the darling of the left and everyone will feel bad for him, San Francisco will then draft him in the 1st round.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Duchie... What's it been, 5... 6 years we've been posting at bc centric message boards together? How come yoiu never before told us you were funny?

Just kidding, I respect you. That comment wins todays internets.

Also, george glass was jan's imaginary boyfriend, named after a glass on and end table. She concocted the hoax to offset marsha rubbing in that she was banging yet another bmoc

This board got too serious, I remember when it was all jokes, hookers and coke. We have gotten too old and grumpy.

I remember when it was all jokes, dead hookers, dwarf tossting, dog rape, no-anthestesia abortions, ethnic cleansing, and crack.

But then again, my memory is pretty bad.

Sounds like a good time, we should make it a name tag event.

Were you ever if Kosovo Jack?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:35 am

I heard that San Francisco cant wait to get their hands on Manti Te'o and the 49ers may draft him too.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I heard that San Francisco cant wait to get their hands on Manti Te'o and the 49ers may draft him too.

They'll certainly have their chance to draft him as he ain't going before that.

Te'o should admit he lied about the relationship and played it up for attention and sympathy. At least people will stop thinking he was part of the hoax. They didn't become a couple in October. They did so in April when she had her car accident (even though he told Thamel that the life-altering event occurred in mid-May). She then spent 2 months in a coma. That brings us to the beginning of July with virtually no 2-way communication. She goes home and finds out she has leukemia and dies 2-months later. As his teammates have said, this was never a real relationship... just something that Te'o played up because he liked the spotlight. We all shared a deeper relationship with 74 and IB... and this board has lost both this year (thanks to the tyrants).

Based on that, whether he was part of the hoax or not is immaterial.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm not saying Te'o is gay, but he's definitely bi-curiousasopo.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:This isn't going away anytime soon. That interview didn't convince anyone but AngryOtilla.

or, Condon & ND could whisper to SI, NBC, ESPN: "he is ghey and we are just trying to protect the poor kid." In the liberal minds of the power thatbe, this hoax (and just about anything short of murder) is justified.

Yup
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium