Sanity Restored...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Sanity Restored...

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:23 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:I want the mods to know that I may be a victim of a catfish attempt on this site. As I type this, there are 4 hot babes, 2 with cleavage, staring at me at the top of my screen. The notation is WE WANT YOU! Does anyone think these are real girls, or should I ignore this?

I'm jealous because you've been chatting online with hot babes all day.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 pm

As I work from home with ESPN on, I keep hearing some funny stuff. First, McShay and Kiper somehow think he's a top 10 pick. Really? Are these guys supposed to be good evaluators? Comical. Second, I hear several that so want to believe he's simply a victim of a terrible hoax. That he essentially is a victim. They trotted out Bill Polian (who's son recruited Te'o to ND). There have been a couple that are leaving the door open. Wojchiechowski is leaving open the possibility that Te'o is involved. The only sane person has been Stephen A. Smith of all people. He pointed out the inaccuracies in Te'o's statements, and you can tell he thinks Te'o pulled this off.

Even if Te'o was ultimately duped by some weirdo, he's still guilty of two things. 1) Being a stupid idiot and 2) embellishing and manipulating the tales he was fed by this weirdo so that he could make himself look like a good guy to the public and media. The second point can't be understated if that's how this plays out. He flat out used this for his own benefit, to feed his egomaniacal personality.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:59 pm

The people that are claiming it's a hoax (ie Notre Dame and ESPN) are not addressing the fact that he claimed to have met her in person at Stanford and she visited him and his family in Hawaii.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:59 pm

If you are OJ and hear that the love of your life, Ann Coulter (who I bumped into at the Trader Joe's on the upper west side a few weeks ago), has died and you call a florist to send a massive display of white roses to be sent to the funeral home... the funeral home would refuse to take the flowers if Ann Coulter was not among its deceased. Furthermore, the florist who attempted to deliver the flowers would call you back and inform you that you had the wrong address or funeral home. Finally, you would have some sort of evidence of the pricey transaction.

This says nothing about the massive phone records you would accumulate being on the phone for well over 60 hours a week.

Btw... this shit's unravelling fast. Chicago Trib (according to this good USAToday piece) was talking about how he hates cancer because it killed his girlfriend just days after supposedly finding out she was still alive.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... r/1842141/

All that said... I am enjoying how this is a bigger story than ND's season. And, I'm also enjoying how it has spurred the creativity of photoshoppers everywhere.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:59 pm

i'm taking the canarymobile's lead and commuting movie quotes to fit this situation

the greatest trick that matai soze ever pulled was convincing the world his girlfriend existed
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 pm

So WTF is with that other Samoan football player who claims he met the fake girlfriend in person and that she has a volleyball player's physique? Is he just making shit up to stick up Te'o?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Also the amount of tapdancing and logical gymnastics NDNation posters are doing to try and make Te'o out to be a victim of a vast Internet conspiracy is just staggering and hilarious.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm not sure who will look like the biggest asshat of all when this whole thing is settled but I'm betting that Manti's dad is one of them. He was either involved or really really embellished shit. I mean I'm all good and happy with a proud father but this is lightyears away from even that.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 pm

It sounds like his dad is known for being a huge douchebag too.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:15 pm

By the way, do they make NDNation really cumbersome to read to discourage visitors? That board setup is horrible.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Also the amount of tapdancing and logical gymnastics NDNation posters are doing to try and make Te'o out to be a victim of a vast Internet conspiracy is just staggering and hilarious.

I only read the titles of the threads and could not believe it. except I could.

WE WILL OVERCOME!

#TEAMOUTLAW
Last edited by pick6pedro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:As I work from home with ESPN on, I keep hearing some funny stuff. First, McShay and Kiper somehow think he's a top 10 pick. Really? Are these guys supposed to be good evaluators?

Flashback to 2010 NFL Draft where Kiper was screaming that any GM that didn't use their 1st round pick to take Jimmy Clausen should be fired.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:17 pm

The real Domers (not the fake ones on the interwebs) I have spoken to don't believe the excuses, think that Te'o is gay and/or a psychopath and were mortified to hear Swarbrick's presser.
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:As I work from home with ESPN on, I keep hearing some funny stuff. First, McShay and Kiper somehow think he's a top 10 pick. Really? Are these guys supposed to be good evaluators?

Flashback to 2010 NFL Draft where Kiper was screaming that any GM that didn't use their 1st round pick to take Jimmy Clausen should be fired.

Wasn't there also an NFL prospect from ND who sat in the green room for like three rounds with a camera focused on his freefall??
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:23 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... 7395.story
The following day, Dec. 8, in a session shortly before the Heisman ceremony, brought a question about what charity work Te'o had done in the past year.

"I worked with Relay for Life stuff," Te'o said. "I really got hit with cancer. I don't like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer. I've really tried to go to children's hospitals and see children. I got that opportunity in Houston, too, to go see those kids and spend time with them."

Why Te'o chose to maintain the girlfriend-dying-of-cancer story that day, perhaps less than 48 hours after getting rocked by the reappearance of Lennay Kekua, is among the many questions left unanswered here. Was he embarrassed? Was he unable to compute what was occurring? Was he complicit in the scam and continuing the lie?

Here is the "chatter" that Swarbrick said his investigators uncovered:
http://everyfacetofthegame.blogspot.com ... ished.html

EDIT: Excellent article comparing ND's response to the Te'o and Seeberg cases.
http://gawker.com/5976718/notre-dame-sa ... manti-te.o
Last edited by HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Wasn't there also an NFL prospect from ND who sat in the green room for like three rounds with a camera focused on his freefall??

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 pm

I wish Beano Cook's existence had been a hoax too.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Te'o admits to only having the relationship over the phone and online. Swarbrick said it was all online. Does he backpedal or claim he isn't familiar with the terminology of modern technology despite the lengthy time he spent with Te'o and how "thouroughly investigated" the incident was?

I can't wait to see who this situation's Jay Paterno will be.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Te'o admits to only having the relationship over the phone and online. Swarbrick said it was all online. Does he backpedal or claim he isn't familiar with the terminology of modern technology despite the lengthy time he spent with Te'o and how "thouroughly investigated" the incident was?

I can't wait to see who this situation's Jay Paterno will be.

Any time language like the "single most trusting human being I've ever met" is used...there's a lot of BS going around. I wonder if Catfish was the "single most stirring and disturbing movie" he's ever seen.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 pm

I want to hear from Reverend Mike on this. He knows what it is like to be duped by someone he met online. It cost him a hefty cab fare from Midway too.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby micheagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm

The truth comes out at 1:30:
micheagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:13 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I want to hear from Reverend Mike on this. He knows what it is like to be duped by someone he met online. It cost him a hefty cab fare from Midway too.

Don't act like most of this board hasn't been catfished by campion's 81 alias. The main difference here is that no one would have cared if 81 pretend died.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:18 pm

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/201 ... ays-cover/

BTW... I think this can also be an excellent example of the state of the media today. Be it something as inconsequential as ND football or as important as Congress and POTUS, the media just spits out whatever they are spoon-fed as if it was 100% truth.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:18 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I want to hear from Reverend Mike on this. He knows what it is like to be duped by someone he met online. It cost him a hefty cab fare from Midway too.

Don't act like most of this board hasn't been catfished by campion's 81 alias. The main difference here is that no one would have cared if 81 pretenddied.

fixed
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Last edited by HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Lennay Kekua to release a statement in a few hours:
http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-manti-teo ... 5367.story

Here it is...
https://twitter.com/LennayKay/status/291991188607758336
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Ha. He's getting clowned now.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:14 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Not cool rocketcarring Huang like that.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:31 pm

I really hope it comes out that Manti was in on the hoax. It could put an end to a number of careers.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nJEz6wwVWQA[/youtube]
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium