Staff to date

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Staff to date

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Daz has two spots left. That has to be allocated among special teams (some have suggested that Daz may do it himself ala Beamer), DB (some have suggested that Brown may do it himself) and RB. He also has to appoint a someone as the Recruiting Coordinator.

Now that 7/9th of the assistants have been hired, two things seem to jump out... only 1 minority and the unimpressive programs from which they were poached (outside of Guvs, they all come from the 3 worst Big East teams (UConn, Temple and USF)).

I don't really feel like looking, but I think you've said you liked at least Brown, Leonard, McGovern (as LB coach) and Albert.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Daz has two spots left. That has to be allocated among special teams (some have suggested that Daz may do it himself ala Beamer), DB (some have suggested that Brown may do it himself) and RB. He also has to appoint a someone as the Recruiting Coordinator.

Now that 7/9th of the assistants have been hired, two things seem to jump out... only 1 minority and the unimpressive programs from which they were poached (outside of Guvs, they all come from the 3 worst Big East teams (UConn, Temple and USF)).

You spend a lot of time coming up with the most negative possible set of facts to extract - when creating the HJS trademark - An unrelenting cycle of doom, gloom and despair
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:

You spend a lot of time coming up with the most negative possible set of facts to extract - when creating the HJS trademark - An unrelenting cycle of doom, gloom and despair

Haha, if you get a staff member from a big time program, they will most likely suck (ala Bollman). BC can't poach coaches. I like what Daz has done though
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:42 am

Meanwhile, at the U:

Mario Cristobal is the new assoc HC at Miami, per source. Great move by Al Golden.

https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/status/289410212014735362
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:49 am

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:Meanwhile, at the U:

Mario Cristobal is the new assoc HC at Miami, per source. Great move by Al Golden.

That's a good but ballsy move by Golden. If he doesn't win, he's hired a very popular alum who arguably has had similar or better coaching success and has more ties to the area.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:51 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

That's a good but ballsy move by Golden. If he doesn't win, he's hired a very popular alum who arguably has had similar or better coaching success and has more ties to the area.

It was done so that the fans won't be mad when he leaves to coach BC. Der.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Shaddix says he rules you.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:54 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Truly my pom-pom'd overlord.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I own your ass
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I own your ass

See
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:12 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I own your ass

See

That was quick. I would own his ass, but the constant stream of steaming rainbows gets in the way of a full on invasion. Human Centipede 3: The Rainbow Connection.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:18 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I own your ass

See

Intern, nobody likes a gloater, right pedro?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I own your ass

See

That's Mr. Second Runner-Up Donkey Cap 2012 to you. Seeing as how the winner and first runner-up have neglected their duties, the sash is being deloused as we speak.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I own your ass

See

That's Mr. Second Runner-Up Donkey Cap 2012 to you. Seeing as how the winner and first runner-up have neglected their duties, the sash is being deloused as we speak.

Never
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I'd rather keep Devine as the OLine coach than Ravo as the recruiting coordinator. He is quite honestly the worst recruiting coordinator around. He has spearheaded the supposed terrible classes of Jags and oversaw the worst classes in the history of the school under Spaz. His continued presence better just because we don't have a replace my yet and he has no where else to go.

I'm certainly not positive, but I believe Washington is still here because he is actually being kept on, and Siravo is still here until Heater makes his decision to join as DB/RC. I don't think Ravo will be kept. But again, its just speculation from what I've seen.

It's not going to be Heater. He was hired as the DC at Marshall.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:53 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:

Hey, HJS is simply trying to point out that BC is now a coaches' destination school (that's a positive) .... for coaches who are at the bottom of the Big Least.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 pm

Some more praise for Don Brown from Bruce Feldman:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/21540117/mailbag-on-south-carolinas-bcs-hopes-the-new-cuse-coach--more

From @therealwannabe: What is your favorite assistant coaching hire of the offseason?
There have been a lot of strong moves made so far this off-season. The one I wrote about Thursday night, where Kevin Sumlin hired Jake Spavital away from his old pal Dana Holgorsen is high on the list. The 27-year-old Spavital is as sharp as any young assistant I've ever been around and the role of handling Manziel is a big one. Spavital was great with Geno Smith and he's as good an option as any to replace his mentor, Kliff Kingsbury.

Other moves I think were home runs: Boston College hiring Don Brown from UConn to run the Eagles defense. Auburn adding Ellis Johnson, Rich Bisaccia and Dameyune Craig. I also like a lot of the moves Arkansas has made staff wise. Miami bringing on Mario Cristobal as an associate head coach. No coach in the country is more plugged into the South Florida recruiting scene than Cristobal and his energy and toughness are going to make the Canes a lot better. Also, if Al Golden does leave UM for another job, an obvious successor is right in place. Kentucky also did well for itself adding D.J. Eliot, who seems to be a rising star in the coaching world.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 am

Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 am

I'm a little surprised the last two spots haven't been filled yet. I guess they could have an agreement with someone that requires them to wait on the announcement. But, I figured the staff would have been completed by now. That said, I don't really care how long it takes so long as they land the right person.**

** - I mention that because my pointing out some pretty basic facts about the current staff was met with a series of whiny "your being negative" posts even though I (a) offered no opinion and (b) have generally posted my approval of each hire.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Myles Willis just tweeted that Al Washington is staying on staff.. Not sure if that had been covered here.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:Myles Willis just tweeted that Al Washington is staying on staff.. Not sure if that had been covered here.

Hearing that he was officially fired last week. But someone in HR reminded Addaz that he needed to hire more minorities. So Big Al interviewed for the RB position. Which is a bit of a head scratcher. Wonder if that is what he is taking. Either way, glad to have him on board, but process is wacky. Also, not sure if it is confirmed, but Don Brown is also coaching DBs.
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Bernard Lonergan {l Wrote}:
Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:Myles Willis just tweeted that Al Washington is staying on staff.. Not sure if that had been covered here.

But someone in HR reminded Addaz that he needed to hire more minorities.

I really, really hope that our football coach wouldn't need someone to make him aware of this.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm

So Ravo is gone. Who's the RC? I assume Washington will keep his position as assistant DL coach and ST coach. So the RB coach will also be the RC?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm

can anyone confirm he is the RB coach? That is the word on EA and seems to be what Bernard Lonergan is saying, but EA posters have a bad habit of not understanding simple concepts and I can't tell if Bernard is saying he has heard this from a third party or if its from the EA poster.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:can anyone confirm he is the RB coach? That is the word on EA and seems to be what Bernard Lonergan is saying, but EA posters have a bad habit of not understanding simple concepts and I can't tell if Bernard is saying he has heard this from a third party or if its from the EA poster.

I'm not on EA, and have no clue what they are saying. Big Al, Siravo, and Devine were all fired last week. I then heard that Al was invited to apply to interview for the RB position. Didn't hear the outcome, but just heard about Willis' tweet, so I'm putting two and two together...
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:can anyone confirm he is the RB coach? That is the word on EA and seems to be what Bernard Lonergan is saying, but EA posters have a bad habit of not understanding simple concepts and I can't tell if Bernard is saying he has heard this from a third party or if its from the EA poster.

I'm not on EA, and have no clue what they are saying. Big Al, Siravo, and Devine were all fired last week. I then heard that Al was invited to apply to interview for the RB position. Didn't hear the outcome, but just heard about Willis' tweet, so I'm putting two and two together...

Was McGovern fired and then rehired as well?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:25 pm

thanks.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Is this how things stand?

OC/QB: Day
WR: Fitch
RB: Washington
OL: Frye
TE: Leonard

DC/DB(?): Brown
DL Albert
LB: McGovern

ST(?): Addazio

Open: Recruiting coordinator
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

I like Al Washington, but I'm disappointed if he is hired as the RB coach.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Glad that Washington stays.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium