VT Test

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: VT Test

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:12 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the team shouldnt be given a parade, but its a good night. they won a game they were supposed to, which is a good start.

Yes, I went into the game thinking this was one we should win. Virginia Tech suffers many of the same issues BC does. They have a couple very good players, but they lack depth. My biggest concern was that we had typically played very poorly on the road, but this time BC didn't disappoint. With the exception of horrendous free throw shooting, we played very well. We forced turnovers, made smart passes, hit open shots, controlled the ball, and rebounded well. If we play like we did today AND hit our free throws, we will beat any team in the ACC except Duke.

If Clifford ever gets to 100%, BC is going to be scary good.

wow, you weirdos really do live in never never land

I didn't see the bolded part and didn't understand what was unreasonable. If you change will to can I agree with him.

that and "scary good"
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:35 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the team shouldnt be given a parade, but its a good night. they won a game they were supposed to, which is a good start.

Yes, I went into the game thinking this was one we should win. Virginia Tech suffers many of the same issues BC does. They have a couple very good players, but they lack depth. My biggest concern was that we had typically played very poorly on the road, but this time BC didn't disappoint. With the exception of horrendous free throw shooting, we played very well. We forced turnovers, made smart passes, hit open shots, controlled the ball, and rebounded well. If we play like we did today AND hit our free throws, we will beat any team in the ACC except Duke.

If Clifford ever gets to 100%, BC is going to be scary good.

wow, you weirdos really do live in never never land

I didn't see the bolded part and didn't understand what was unreasonable. If you change will to can I agree with him.

that and "scary good"

Um...my comment was agreeing with you.

Also, are you aware that you are now disagreeing with yourself? You said that BC did not play very well against NCState, the second best team in the ACC, despite having multiple lead changes and having a chance to win within the final minute of play. Now you are saying that if BC does play at its best, we'd still be losing to NCState (note I said every team except Duke).

As for Clifford, we have seen glimpses of what he is capable of and I think he can be one of the best centers in the ACC. If he is gets back to 100% and if Anderson, Hanlan, Rahon, and Jackson stay and don't get injured, I honestly believe we will be towards the top of the ACC next year (within top 4) notwithstanding the additions of Syracuse and Pitt.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:37 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}: Also, are you aware that you are now disagreeing with yourself? You said that BC did not play very well against NCState, the second best team in the ACC, despite having multiple lead changes and having a chance to win within the final minute of play. Now you are saying that if BC does play at its best, we'd still be losing to NCState (note I said every team except Duke).

you weirdos for some reason have such a difficult time wrapping your head around the fact that the 2nd best team in the acc that you all have so declared played like absolute dogshit. if nc state ends up as the 2nd best team in the acc playing at that level, it would mean anything less than .500 in the acc would be a massive disappointment.

also, where did i say if we played our best, we would lose to nc state?

further, your statement was, "If we play like we did today AND hit our free throws, we will beat any team in the ACC except Duke." i take that to say if we play the way we did against vt, we will go 15-3 in conference. that is such a ridiculous statement.

finally describe scary good. i define that to be roughly 29-4 (15-3). which, coincidently, is what you have us at if we play the way we did at vt. turns out, if we play that way, we wont even need clifford to be scary good. were already there.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Iggle on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:53 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}: Also, are you aware that you are now disagreeing with yourself? You said that BC did not play very well against NCState, the second best team in the ACC, despite having multiple lead changes and having a chance to win within the final minute of play. Now you are saying that if BC does play at its best, we'd still be losing to NCState (note I said every team except Duke).

you weirdos for some reason have such a difficult time wrapping your head around the fact that the 2nd best team in the acc that you all have so declared played like absolute dogshit. if nc state ends up as the 2nd best team in the acc playing at that level, it would mean anything less than .500 in the acc would be a massive disappointment.

further, your statement was, "If we play like we did today AND hit our free throws, we will beat any team in the ACC except Duke." i take that to say if we play the way we did against vt, we will go 15-3 in conference. that is such a ridiculous statement.

You keep saying this, but I don't see how it's true. NC State came out a little flat, but they didn't play like "absolute dogshit." CJ Leslie played poorly, for sure, but Purvis had a pretty nice game to make up for it. They were right around season averages in everything but TOs (five less than season average) and FG% (5% under season average). I think the FG% dip (they still shot 48%) was mostly caused by BC. Outside of the horrible, horrible defensive lapses leaving 3-point shooters wide open, it was a solid defensive effort and they forced a good number of bad shots.

I'm not saying it was a maestro performance by NC State that BC managed to match, but it was a good team that played well after starting the game slowly. BC played well (but not spectacularly) to keep pace. There were encouraging things, but it was ultimately a loss. This game won't matter in the long haul.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:22 am

Iggle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

You keep saying this, but I don't see how it's true. NC State came out a little flat, but they didn't play like "absolute dogshit." CJ Leslie played poorly, for sure, but Purvis had a pretty nice game to make up for it. They were right around season averages in everything but TOs (five less than season average) and FG% (5% under season average). I think the FG% dip (they still shot 48%) was mostly caused by BC. Outside of the horrible, horrible defensive lapses leaving 3-point shooters wide open, it was a solid defensive effort and they forced a good number of bad shots.

I'm not saying it was a maestro performance by NC State that BC managed to match, but it was a good team that played well after starting the game slowly. BC played well (but not spectacularly) to keep pace. There were encouraging things, but it was ultimately a loss. This game won't matter in the long haul.

NC State only played like dogshit if you assume that we suck whereby a good team that doesn't crush us has to have therefore played like dogshit. There are some issues with this line of thinking, of course, in light of the overarching question of this season which is whether we still suck or not.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum