Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:19 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:do you think he knows that the nighthawks will likely never play another game? what other possible draw could there be to omaha?

College World Series. that's played for two weeks when school is not in session and bball practice is not yet started. if you are that interested you could fly from boston and stay in a hotel.
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. that dude is dead and the show is long over
Warren Schmidt. for every warren schmidt there are 3 frank costellos.

ok. so no reason to ever go to Omaha.

Can you explain the Costello reference? kthanks.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:do you think he knows that the nighthawks will likely never play another game? what other possible draw could there be to omaha?

College World Series. that's played for two weeks when school is not in session and bball practice is not yet started. if you are that interested you could fly from boston and stay in a hotel.

warren schmidt:omaha::frank costello:boston frank costello/the departed>>>warren schmidt/about schmidt
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

warren schmidt:omaha::frank costello:boston frank costello/the departed>>>warren schmidt/about schmidt

Got it.

On a side note... it is good that learning what ": :: :" mean for the SATs 20+ years ago is finally paying off.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Brablc on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Another 2015 prospect from ESPN article:

Best Scorer
Kendall Small (Anaheim, Calif./Ocean View)
2015, PG, 6-0, 155
Status: Claims offers from Gonzaga, Boston College, Columbia and Portland; also receiving interest from Arizona, Cal and Washington
Small is a bulldog at both ends. He can score at all three levels, but he is at his best when attacking off the dribble. He excels at the drive-and-kick game and has excellent body control while operating in the paint. Overall, Small and Sedrick Barefield (Corona, Calif./Centennial) have made the most strides in terms of point guard development out west in the Class of 2015.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 am

Brablc {l Wrote}:Another 2015 prospect from ESPN article:

Best Scorer
2015, PG, 6-0, 155
Status: Claims offers from Gonzaga, Boston College, Columbia and Portland; also receiving interest from Arizona, Cal and Washington
Small is a bulldog at both ends. He can score at all three levels, but he is at his best when attacking off the dribble. He excels at the drive-and-kick game and has excellent body control while operating in the paint. Overall, Small and Sedrick Barefield (Corona, Calif./Centennial) have made the most strides in terms of point guard development out west in the Class of 2015.

Kendall Small and Sedrick Barefield have both had offers from BC for a while now. As usual, Donahue has an excellent eye for talent; they're both among the hottest PG prospects in 2015 (Barefield already has offers from UConn and Memphis). Either one would be a tremendous get, but neither one looks all that likely, given the army of recruiters they're both likely to attract.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
Brablc {l Wrote}:Another 2015 prospect from ESPN article:

Best Scorer
2015, PG, 6-0, 155

Kendall Small and Sedrick Barefield have both had offers from BC for a while now. As usual, Donahue has an excellent eye for talent; they're both among the hottest PG prospects in 2015 (Barefield already has offers from UConn and Memphis). Either one would be a tremendous get, but neither one looks all that likely, given the army of recruiters they're both likely to attract.

If the Don can get this team to a point where they're an upper mid-tier to top tier ACC team, his eye for talent -- as you call it -- will serve him even better. Instead of being the early offer that recruits are psyched to get as a "safety school" -- BC will be the early offer that is translated into an early commit. Is it too much to hope for? We just need 1 big-time class to help us get over that hump. I'm praying for a jorgensen, kelly, owens trifecta......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am

Jorgensen did an interview with Rivals and spoke about BC. There's a lot of competition for his services
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Brablc on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:57 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Jorgensen did an interview with Rivals and spoke about BC. There's a lot of competition for his services

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruitin ... fVX_ccSZB4
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby JimDog90 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Jorgensen did an interview with Rivals and spoke about BC. There's a lot of competition for his services

Yeah, mentioned he was "close" with the Creighton staff....just sayin'
JimDog90
n00b

Postby Shaddix on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:51 pm

JimDog90 {l Wrote}:

Noah Vonleh used that term several times when talking about BC. Eventually the better school won out.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:04 pm

JimDog90 {l Wrote}:

He said he really enjoyed the BC visit though...

BC 247 guy says he'd give a slight edge to BC for Jorgenson right now, but the longer the process goes the better for Creighton.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Jeremy Miller was at the game today (was behind the BC bench) I think another recruit was there too
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:15 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Jeremy Miller was at the game today (was behind the BC bench) I think another recruit was there too

BC has been his leader since August. He's the number 16 overall recruit in 15' according to rivals. DON'T FUCK IT UP
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:01 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Jeremy Miller was at the game today (was behind the BC bench) I think another recruit was there too

BC has been his leader since August. He's the number 16 overall recruit in 15' according to rivals. DON'T FUCK IT UP

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure I locked him up on a plane last July.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:14 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure I locked him up on a plane last July.

It's far too early to be even slightly complacent about Miller; the big names haven't moved on him yet, but they almost certainly will. Even so, it's good to see him visiting and sitting behind the BC bench; Miller is the kind of recruit who could redefine the program. It's worth noting that 2015 looks almost as rich in talent as 2014, and BC will have a lot of slots open then.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 am

Forgive me for interrupting the annual weird0s blowing their load over some highly rated recruit 3 years away from college*, but please tell me with the talk of these future recruits are we done with the 2013 class if not for Jorgensen? So Donahue plans to go into 2013-14 again with Anderson, Clifford, & Caudill (with Drago the ability to move to the 4) as the bigs?

*i respek the work you weird0s do
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Forgive me for interrupting the annual weird0s blowing their load over some highly rated recruit 3 years away from college*, but please tell me with the talk of these future recruits are we done with the 2013 class if not for Jorgensen? So Donahue plans to go into 2013-14 again with Anderson, Clifford, & Caudill (with Drago the ability to move to the 4) as the bigs?

*i respek the work you weird0s do

No, they're still recruiting Rashard Kelly along w/Jorgenson (Kelly has offers from Seton Hall, George Mason) as an athletic 4. Kelly won't decide until Spring whether to reclassify or pick a school, but he said in an interview he's leaning BC. As far as we know Jorgenson is leaning BC, but the longer the process goes the better for Creighton and Georgia Tech.

*Your weird0s update claver
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:21 pm

I am skeptical about Rashard Kelly... mainly because he isn't even listed on ESPN. I'm thinking this is just ESPN negligence.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I am skeptical about Rashard Kelly... mainly because he isn't even listed on ESPN. I'm thinking this is just ESPN negligence.

What are you skeptical about? That he exists?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:28 pm

Jorgenson is a Hanlan-like steal, would be an excellent compliment and would certainly earn his minutes. Really hope we get him.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:36 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I am skeptical about Rashard Kelly... mainly because he isn't even listed on ESPN. I'm thinking this is just ESPN negligence.

What are you skeptical about? That he exists?

I'm almost certain he exists.. I mean he's not Garland Owens' imaginary friend. ESPN's recruiting is deep enough that if you can dribble between your legs, you're probably on their database.
Last edited by BCEagles25 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:37 pm

I doubt we get Jorgensen. This feels similar to a million other recruitments where he says he likes BC once or twice, has some connection to the school (Hanlan teammate) then the board mentions it a billion times, which makes the interest seem greater than it is. Then someone will authoritatively say BC is leading based off things like dated comments that don't actually say BC is leading and it keeps running like that. But hopefully I'm wrong.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Kelly's Top 3 is BC, Seton Hall and Mason.

Utah wants him to visit along with Colorado St. UGA, UVA, VT and South Carolina are in along with Providence.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I doubt we get Jorgensen. This feels similar to a million other recruitments where he says he likes BC once or twice, has some connection to the school (Hanlan teammate) then the board mentions it a billion times, which makes the interest seem greater than it is. Then someone will authoritatively say BC is leading based off things like dated comments that don't actually say BC is leading and it keeps running like that. But hopefully I'm wrong.

He was never a teammate of Hanlan's. This is his first year at New Hampton
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I doubt we get Jorgensen. This feels similar to a million other recruitments where he says he likes BC once or twice, has some connection to the school (Hanlan teammate) then the board mentions it a billion times, which makes the interest seem greater than it is. Then someone will authoritatively say BC is leading based off things like dated comments that don't actually say BC is leading and it keeps running like that. But hopefully I'm wrong.

then there is less reason than I thought to believe he'll choose BC.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:12 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

then there is less reason than I thought to believe he'll choose BC.

Yep. I'm not very confident....but I really do like how BC was in on him before his Missouri commit and he seemingly really enjoyed his visits. I really hope the ACC can draw him from Creighton. Georgia Tech doesn't concern me. They got in too late.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Any clue why Missouri is no longer an option for Jorgenson? I am more confident about Kelly than Jorgenson
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:32 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Any clue why Missouri is no longer an option for Jorgenson? I am more confident about Kelly than Jorgenson

He decommited because of playing time issues with Wes Clark committing. Or at least that's the word on the street.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:10 pm

It really concerns me that right now we have only one recruit coming in (two if you count Drago). I think Owens is good, but we could really use a couple more quality recruits. Next year is NCAA boom or bust. We can make the tournament next year if Anderson, Clifford, Hanlan, and Rahon stay healthy and we can get solid minutes from Owens, Jackson, and Drago. We actually had a shot this year if we kept Daniels and if Clifford stayed healthy.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby bird3310 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm

BC still the team to beat......
bird3310
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum