OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: OTHER NCAA BB TEAM THREAD

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Jake Layman with 18 at the half.

Teddy, remember when you basically called me an idiot for saying Maryland will be very good this year in this thread. http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... =5&t=12025

Whoops!

Yup, like when you thought Kentucky was a top 5 team to start the season, Whoops!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 pm

P and S, Maryland is mediocre, like I said. Their only good win is a loss to a Kentucky, the aforementioned not ready for prime time team.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Teddy, remember when you basically called me an idiot for saying Maryland will be very good this year in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12025

Whoops!

Yup, like when you thought Kentucky was a top 5 team to start the season, Whoops!

I never said Kentucky was a top 5 team, you said they were a shit team. I said they were a good team. That was the first game of the season, and they've won 12 straight by a nice margin in each game, soon to be 13. They are elite.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Teddy, remember when you basically called me an idiot for saying Maryland will be very good this year in this thread. http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... =5&t=12025

Whoops!

I never said Kentucky was a top 5 team, you said they were a shit team. I said they were a good team. That was the first game of the season, and they've won 12 straight by a nice margin in each game, soon to be 13. They are elite.

Maryland hasn't played anyone. Their schedule is an embarrassment. And I said that losing close to Kentucky wasn't a great win because at this point in the season, Kentucky wasn't the #3 team in the country. And they weren't, not even close.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:59 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Teddy, remember when you basically called me an idiot for saying Maryland will be very good this year in this thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12025

Whoops!

Maryland hasn't played anyone. Their schedule is an embarrassment. And I said that losing close to Kentucky wasn't a great win because at this point in the season, Kentucky wasn't the #3 team in the country. And they weren't, not even close.

Yeah, to me if VT had actually played defense and shot the ball better they could've won. UMD had a lot of holes defensively and were definitely overrated coming into this season.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Whoops!

Yeah, to me if VT had actually played defense and shot the ball better they could've won. UMD had a lot of holes defensively and were definitely overrated coming into this season.

They were picked to finish 6th in the ACC according to Jay Bilas, I don't know if that's considered overrated. They beat VT by 23 points. VT could have his 7 more 3 pointers, and Maryland still would have won. I've been telling you guys since July/August, just wait another week or two I guess.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:12 am

Maryland barely beat Stony Brook, the 3rd best team in the America East
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Maryland barely beat Stony Brook, the 3rd best team in the America East

And NC State barely beat UNC Asheville
Miami lost to Indiana State and Florida Gulf Coast
Florida State lost to Mercer and South Alabama
UNC barely beat ECU
Virginia lost to Delaware and Old Dominion
Georgia Tech "barely" beat UNC Wilmington (in quotes because apparently a 7 point win is sqeaking one out according to you)
VT lost to Georgia Southern
BC lost to Bryant
Clemson lost to Coastal Carolina by 23
Wake lost to Iona by 26

And your going to complain about Maryland "only" winning by 7 against a team that was one game away from making the NCAA tournament last year? Not to say Stony Brook is good, but they are a FAR different team then the one BC beat early last year.

Point being, everyone besides #1 ranked Duke plays bad games.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Maryland barely beat Stony Brook, the 3rd best team in the America East

UNC barely beat ECU
Georgia Tech "barely" beat UNC Wilmington (in quotes because apparently a 7 point win is sqeaking one out according to you)
BC lost to Bryant
Wake lost to Iona by 26

And your going to complain about Maryland "only" winning by 7 against a team that was one game away from making the NCAA tournament last year? Not to say Stony Brook is good, but they are a FAR different team then the one BC beat early last year.

SB is far different from last season and not in a good way. And yet they are still the 2nd best team MD has played this year. I follow America East basketball closely. Vermont will smoke SB like they smoked a decent Albany squad yesterday.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

UNC barely beat ECU
BC lost to Bryant
Wake lost to Iona by 26

SB is far different from last season and not in a good way. And yet they are still the 2nd best team MD has played this year. I follow America East basketball closely. Vermont will smoke SB like they smoked a decent Albany squad yesterday.

They won the god damn game! and by 7! You seem to have this fixation that the better talented teams win games by the amount that their talent suggests they should. That doesn't happen! If that did happen, then NC State would have won every game by 20 (the the exception of Michigan)
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

UNC barely beat ECU
BC lost to Bryant
Wake lost to Iona by 26

They won the god damn game! and by 7! You seem to have this fixation that the better talented teams win games by the amount that their talent suggests they should. That doesn't happen! If that did happen, then NC State would have won every game by 20 (the the exception of Michigan)

Your point is exactly the one I have been making about NCSU. Talented? Yes. Good? Not really.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

UNC barely beat ECU
BC lost to Bryant
Wake lost to Iona by 26

Your point is exactly the one I have been making about NCSU. Talented? Yes. Good? Not really.

I'll agree that they aren't playing as well as they should be, but I'm not willing to say they aren't really good. Let's drop this and come back to it in a week or two.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Providence kept it close with the Cuse tonight. Moral transitive victory!
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:11 am

I tried watching Arizona @ Oregon last night but Oregon's court makes my eyes hurt. I watched USC @ Colorado instead.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Bryant with ten wins already. Tim O'Shea doing work
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Miami 19 Maryland 14

Looks like Maryland is getting ready for the B10
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Miami 19 Maryland 14

Both those teams will beat us badly, especially Miami
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Miami 19 Maryland 14

Both those teams will beat us badly, especially Miami

Certainly both teams will be favored against BC, but I think we have a legitimate shot. We played tight game against NC State who I think is every bit as good as either Miami or Maryland. It is worth noting that Miami is without Reggie Johnson so I am not giving up hope that BC can pull off an upset on Wednesday.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:59 pm

the ACC chant at Maryland as time was running off was a nice touch
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:17 pm

I didn't watch any of the game but looking at the boxscore Miami and Maryland both had garbage shooting numbers. Part of it might be good defense, but even with free throws both teams shot below 50%.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 am

Kentucky, still not a very good team.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby wildcat81 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Indiana loses at home last night.
Conference games will expose your weaknesses.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 pm

wildcat81 {l Wrote}:Conference games will expose your weaknesses.

pfft - like we needed conference games
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Kansas and K-State will be interesting tonight.

Massachusetts' own Naadir Tharpe has been getting more and more run the last few games for KU as Elijah has struggled.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 pm

transitivity alert
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Iggle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 am

BC is going to beat Duke by 25 points. Fact. Take that to the bank.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 am

Duke played terrible last night, against BC they want play that bad. BC talent isn't on that level, but I think it will be close.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:transitivity alert

transitive moral victory! That's the best kind of victory.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13 pm

my beloved Northeastern Huskies are now 7-0 in CAA action
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 am

Creighton! 18-3, (7-2 in the MVC)

They can't lose another one. In that sucky MVC, they gotta go 27-3 to make sure they get at least an at-large spot.

Oh and my alma mater is now 13-7 (8-0 in the CAA)

Go Huskies (#1 college basketball team in the state of Massachusetts) :) :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum