NC State Game

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NC State Game

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:46 pm

The recruits you could see behind the bench at the under 12 are sitting back with shocked looks on their faces. That's good, right?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I'm checking in from behind the NC State basket. There are actually a decent # of people here. The upper sections look nearly full.

Hopefully you remembered to bring your towel.

How else do you think I got a seat to the hottest ticket in town?

That Cosby sweater must have taken you all day to find at the Garment District.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:04 pm

LoJack... Are you kidding me?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Donahue's substituting has been masterful
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:29 pm

"breaks beaten off"

Solid effort fellas.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Our team played their hearts out throughout the game. If Clifford ever gets completely healthy we will also be very good against smaller teams like NC State.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:BC loses by 5, but its a good game till the end

I win.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Quote from CJ Leslie post game (via PackPride on twitter):

"PackPride: Leslie: This is the worst atmosphere in ACC play. We came out sluggish."
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:05 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Quote from CJ Leslie post game (via PackPride on twitter):

"PackPride: Leslie: This is the worst atmosphere in ACC play. We came out sluggish."

that's our homefield advantage!
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:10 pm

frustrating game.

obviously the last 8 minutes of the 1st half were miserable. there are also pieces to build around but there is no depth whatsoever, only going 7 deep when that includes an injured clifford and odio, it isn't a recipe for a ton of success.

Hanlan not staying out of foul trouble changed the game, the offense was completely stagnant when he wasn't in.

Donahue's substituting patterns remain annoying. Ex: fouling situation he brings in the walk on and they get owned on a set to get wood the ball on an inbounds. I understand taking Hanlan out but having lojak & the walk on as your guards isn't a good defensive plan to avoid wood getting the ball.

As for the end, Rahon got a good look, just didn't fall.

Also f the students. they should get half of a section behind 1 basket until there's a demand for more.

edit: go suck a dick leslie, the quiet crowd caused you to airball a ft?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:25 pm

CJ redeemed himself (sort of):
@PackPride
Leslie: That team is better than they were last year.They are doing a great job... they are going to surprise a lot of people and win games.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Anyone heard anything about Van Nest? I don't think he's fantastic or anything but it would be nice just to get another serviceable body into the rotation, someone with a little bit of size.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:41 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Quote from CJ Leslie post game (via PackPride on twitter):

Conte Forum: Fear the silence.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:Anyone heard anything about Van Nest? I don't think he's fantastic or anything but it would be nice just to get another serviceable body into the rotation, someone with a little bit of size.

Not sure, I think he was dressed for emergency situations...
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 pm

first game i had seen in person this year

heckman cant graduate soon enough
weve got 3 legit players
donahues substitutions frustrate me
we cant hit 3s
we cant hit free throws
we have inexcusable lapses on defense
i dont have a problem going small except for the fact that we dont have the players to do that yet
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:57 pm

I remember when Seth Greenberg complained about this as well when his team went into a virtually empty Conte and lost.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:02 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:first game i had seen in person this year

weve got 3 legit players
we cant hit 3s
we cant hit free throws
i dont have a problem going small except for the fact that we dont have the players to do that yet

Of course you say this, despite the fact Donahue's substitutions kept BC in it. Also you act like BC just lost by 20 to a crappy team. They didn't. They lost by 5 to a ranked team and were in a position to win.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:22 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:

weve got 3 legit players
we cant hit 3s
we cant hit free throws

Of course you say this, despite the fact Donahue's substitutions kept BC in it. Also you act like BC just lost by 20 to a crappy team. They didn't. They lost by 5 to a ranked team and were in a position to win.

excuse me? so the fact that you agree with his substitution pattern invalidates my other points (which included 30% from 3 and 65% with 37 SHOTS from the line?)? and the idea that his substitution patterns "kept bc in it" is ridiculous. please explain to me how you came to this conclusion.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 pm

heckman cant graduate soon enough [disagree -- although he shot poorly today]
weve got 3 legit players [fair enough but what we have is a TEAM and I'll take that any day over a bunch of legit players who can't fully leverage their talent]
donahues substitutions frustrate me [people keep saying this but I don't get it -- he plays offense/defense and he protects guys with fouls; he was genius today in getting us to the end with nobody fouled out until the very end -- lonnie screwed up on his 5th and he knew it]
we cant hit 3s [that's just stupid -- although we didn't shoot as well as we needed to today]
we cant hit free throws [that's really stupid since we're shooting 70+ % -- obviously though, it was sub-par today]
we have inexcusable lapses on defense [like every team, particularly one with no upper classmen -- but our defense is def improving]
i dont have a problem going small except for the fact that we dont have the players to do that yet [that's just idiotic -- you want to go big instead with a gimpy Dennis, Eddie and Harvard?]

Cherry picking statistics to criticize this team after taking a really good team to the finish line is absurd.
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:39 pm

GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:

weve got 3 legit players [fair enough but what we have is a TEAM and I'll take that any day over a bunch of legit players who can't fully leverage their talent]
donahues substitutions frustrate me [people keep saying this but I don't get it -- he plays offense/defense and he protects guys with fouls; he was genius today in getting us to the end with nobody fouled out until the very end -- lonnie screwed up on his 5th and he knew it]
we cant hit 3s [that's just stupid -- although we didn't shoot as well as we needed to today]
we cant hit free throws [that's really stupid since we're shooting 70+ % -- obviously though, it was sub-par today]
we have inexcusable lapses on defense [like every team, particularly one with no upper classmen -- but our defense is def improving]
i dont have a problem going small except for the fact that we dont have the players to do that yet [that's just idiotic -- you want to go big instead with a gimpy Dennis, Eddie and Harvard?]

Cherry picking statistics to criticize this team after taking a really good team to the finish line is absurd.

if you think the team we played today played "really good", then im not very interested in your ability to analyze basketball.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Aside from this :slapfight our 3 point shooting hasn't improved yet compared to last year, we're shooting the exact same, 33.3%
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:

if you think the team we played today played "really good", then im not very interested in your ability to analyze basketball.

Being ranked means you're good.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:10 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

I remember when Seth Greenberg complained about this as well when his team went into a virtually empty Conte and lost.

Sad thing is I actually thought the crowd was good today. The hoardes of 8-12 year olds showed more energy behind the basket than the students do.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:19 pm

As far as the game itself goes, I'm proud of the effort put forth. My main concern is that they flop next game like they did following the Baylor loss. Donahue can't let that happen again.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:

lebron james is a good player. if he goes out and scores 5 points on 1-20 shooting and 2-50 from the free throw line, did he have a good game?

good god you are stupid. i can not believe this is somehow going over your head.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:27 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:As far as the game itself goes, I'm proud of the effort put forth. My main concern is that they flop next game like they did following the Baylor loss. Donahue can't let that happen again.

Didnt Anderson get hurt after the Baylor game?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:

lebron james is a good player. if he goes out and scores 5 points on 1-20 shooting and 2-50 from the free throw line, did he have a good game?

good god you are stupid. i can not believe this is somehow going over your head.

Never mind, you said "played really good" not that the team was really good. I read wrong, sorry.

Doesn't make you the smartest analyst ever though. Donahue outcoached Gottfried today.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Moving on, 4 of 5 are now on the road. Big test for a group that's never won an ACC road game (and won 1 road game in 1.5 years)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Thought BC played real well today. They need to clean up the defensive switches and FT shooting. VT will be motivated on Wednesday.

Nothing to be ashamed of at all for BC, that's a talented team in NCST
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:39 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:

Never mind, you said "played really good" not that the team was really good. I read wrong, sorry.

Doesn't make you the smartest analyst ever though. Donahue outcoached Gottfried today.

i never suggested i was. i dont think anything i said is incorrect, however. and i dont think its cause for a whole good job good effort routine when we lost at home to a good team who played poorly.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum