How To Make Tourney

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: How To Make Tourney

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Will be interesting to see if Donahue takes the air out of the ball when we play the upper echelon of the ACC this season.

Granted I know minimal about RCC outside of the fact that they were picked to finish at the top of the ACC and tedwardo thinks they're perpetually overrated.

Unfortunately, I think the overratedness is a carry-over from the Sendek and Lowe eras and that under Gottfried they are a lot closer to the hype (or at least seemed that way last year).

People used to say it's a carry over from the Sendek era when I pointed out that NCSU has institutionally sucked since Valvano. Now they say "Sendek and Lowe". Soon it will be "Sendek, Lowe and Gottfried."

We have this same discussion about UVa football every year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Will be interesting to see if Donahue takes the air out of the ball when we play the upper echelon of the ACC this season.

Granted I know minimal about RCC outside of the fact that they were picked to finish at the top of the ACC and tedwardo thinks they're perpetually overrated.

Unfortunately, I think the overratedness is a carry-over from the Sendek and Lowe eras and that under Gottfried they are a lot closer to the hype (or at least seemed that way last year).

People used to say it's a carry over from the Sendek era when I pointed out that NCSU has institutionally sucked since Valvano. Now they say "Sendek and Lowe". Soon it will be "Sendek, Lowe and Gottfried."

as well as carolina bball/football
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

by the inverse of this idea shouldn't we have overachieved under spaziani?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

No, though it is a good point.

A. Most schools aren't that consistent, though BC football makes a case to be the inverse of NCSU hoop

B. One good or bad coach can break the monotony, it just ain't Gottfried.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

No, though it is a good point.

A. Most schools aren't that consistent, though BC football makes a case to be the inverse of NCSU hoop

B. One good or bad coach can break the monotony, it just ain't Gottfried.

He had a good first year, but I understand what you are saying. Rutgers football has been like this for some time now and of course FSU.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Looking over NCSU's schedule, it appears as though they haven't played in a game that was close late in over a month. Maybe they'll forget how to finish a close game. I realize I'm grasping for straws here because I expect the Pack to shoot 75% from the floor in the first place.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Looking over NCSU's schedule, it appears as though they haven't played in a game that was close late in over a month. Maybe they'll forget how to finish a close game. I realize I'm grasping for straws here because I expect the Pack to shoot 75% from the floor in the first place.

NCST gets into weird ruts on offense where they just heave perimeter jump shots.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:04 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Looking over NCSU's schedule, it appears as though they haven't played in a game that was close late in over a month. Maybe they'll forget how to finish a close game. I realize I'm grasping for straws here because I expect the Pack to shoot 75% from the floor in the first place.

NCST gets into weird ruts on offense where they just heave perimeter jump shots.

Just sounds like they get lazy.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Don't worry guys we are still on pace based on my predictions. 2/2
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:02 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Don't worry guys we are still on pace based on my predictions. 2/2

oh good
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Don't worry guys we are still on pace based on my predictions. 2/2

oh good

Should we worry now???
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:@ Wake: W (10-6, 2-1)
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Should we worry now???
[/quote]

Not quite panic mode yet but now @Maryland or @Miami must be a win. Not much room for mistakes with these boys. NC State rematch could help punch our ticket

*I KNOW WE WONT MAKE THE TOURNEY
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Should we worry now???

Not quite panic mode yet but now @Maryland or @Miami must be a win. Not much room for mistakes with these boys. NC State rematch could help punch our ticket

*I KNOW WE WONT MAKE THE TOURNEY[/quote]

We're going to lose @MD, Miami and NCST by a combined 60 points. Those teams are all horrible matchups for BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Should we worry now???

*I KNOW WE WONT MAKE THE TOURNEY

We're going to lose @MD, Miami and NCST by a combined 60 points. Those teams are all horrible matchups for BC

You're right. Absolutely no way this BC team ever stays within twenty of NC State.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:You're right. Absolutely no way this BC team ever stays within twenty of NC State.

clearly the wolfpack are sixth sensians and can see dead people behind the conte ghosts. imagine you were doing something that you are good at like starting retarded arguments, creating horrible photoshop images or passing your last aid on the world with ghosts looking over your shoulder?!?!? i bet your arguments would be even LESS effective, your photoshops would look even more like the work of a psychopath and your aid would stay home.

in the rbc/pnc/pig palace, the insane klown posse will win by 20. book it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:41 pm

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:12 pm

okay 2 games off pace spells serious trouble but I'm not discouraged quite yet.

We will beat Maryland or UVA in our next 2 games and beat Duke at home. You heard it hear first
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:okay 2 games off pace spells serious trouble but I'm not discouraged quite yet.

We will beat Maryland or UVA in our next 2 games and beat Duke at home. You heard it hear first

no we wont.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bcmurph on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 am

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:okay 2 games off pace spells serious trouble but I'm not discouraged quite yet.

I believe Virginia is game #50, so we got that going for us...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 am

What was the exact quote surrounding that? After 50 we can start worrying abt wins and losses?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 am

"After 50 games of not worrying about wins and losses we can stop worrying about spineless douchebag attention whores showing up to games in bathrobes"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:13 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:"After 50 games of not worrying about wins and losses we can stop worrying about spineless douchebag attention whores showing up to games in bathrobes"

What abt those who show up in Clifford the dog costumes?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:17 am

Please tell me this does not really happen? If it does, by the moderator powers vested in me... I grant any and all you permission to kick that kid right in the red rocket :dildodog
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Please tell me this does not really happen? If it does, by the moderator powers vested in me... I grant any and all you permission to kick that kid right in the red rocket :dildodog

*Please be aware that TRE (rhymes with Te'O)'s moderator powers are insufficient to prevent your prosecution for assault and battery.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Please tell me this does not really happen? If it does, by the moderator powers vested in me... I grant any and all you permission to kick that kid right in the red rocket :dildodog

I'm not sure what's more surprising - that TRE didn't know this actually happens, or that I couldn't find a picture of the kid on Google image search.

TRE, yes, this does happen. The kid wears the costume pictured below with a superfan shirt or BC jersey pulled over it.

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 pm

This thread still exists?
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 am

There's still a way for the team to get to the tourney:

Link
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

should we start to be concerned yet?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:23 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

should we start to be concerned yet?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

Maybe he was talking about qualifying for the b10/11/12/14-ACC challenge :shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby GlorytoBC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Sendek didn't really suck. Les Robinson and Sidney Lowe were awful. Sendek was nothing more than average. He had them in the NCAA Tournament every year his last five years there.
GlorytoBC
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum