shitty bowl games

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

shitty bowl games

Postby Mosi on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:47 am

guess this is the thread for the bowl week, couple interesting starts
http://accfootballnews.net/2012/12/23/no-one-showed-up-at-the-beef-o-bradys-bowl-in-tampa/
guess we're not the only ones who don't travel
http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20121216/SPORTS20/312160031/Bowl-economics-101-BSU-s-fiscal-challenge
this gives breakdown on Ball state's money losing trip, not Yukonish but almost
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Re: shitty bowl games

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 am

No one showed up for the ACCCG this year. And, the first ever P12 game which was a home game for the favorite may have had even less people attending (despite it being a match-up of top 10 teams). Didn't check, but I doubt the B1G Champ game was a major draw either. Outside of the SEC (where the champ game has national title implications every year and the bowl games are all within a quick drive), BC fans were way the fuck ahead of the curve on having no interest on overpaying for forced vacations to shitty locations. The economy and evolving intelligence is catching up with the rest of the underdeveloped areas of this once-great nation.
Last edited by HJS on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:46 am

i like to watch them on tv sometimes.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:No one showed up for the ACCCG this year. And, the first ever P12 game which was a home game for the favorite may have had even less people attending (despite it being a match-up of top 10 teams). Didn't check, but I doubt the B1G Champ game was a major draw either. Outside of the SEC (where the champ game has national title implications every year and the bowl games are all within a quick drive), BC fans were way the fuck ahead of the curve on having no interest on overpaying for forced vacations to shitty locations. The economy and evolving intelligence is catching up with the rest of the underdeveloped areas of this once-great nation.

I agree with you on all but the conference championship games being held at the home of the better team. I don't know what the fuck Stanford was doing (I know weather was a big factor), but you can't tell me that a night game ACC championship against VT, GT, Miami, or UNC with an Orange Bowl on the line wouldn't sell out. I think that's the case at 90% of BCS schools.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:29 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:No one showed up for the ACCCG this year. And, the first ever P12 game which was a home game for the favorite may have had even less people attending (despite it being a match-up of top 10 teams). Didn't check, but I doubt the B1G Champ game was a major draw either. Outside of the SEC (where the champ game has national title implications every year and the bowl games are all within a quick drive), BC fans were way the fuck ahead of the curve on having no interest on overpaying for forced vacations to shitty locations. The economy and evolving intelligence is catching up with the rest of the underdeveloped areas of this once-great nation.

I agree with you on all but the conference championship games being held at the home of the better team. I don't know what the fuck Stanford was doing (I know weather was a big factor), but you can't tell me that a night game ACC championship against VT, GT, Miami, or UNC with an Orange Bowl on the line wouldn't sell out. I think that's the case at 90% of BCS schools.

Stanford's issue was that tickets for that game 2-3x more expensive than regular season games (for students too) and season ticket holders had to purchase the game separately. It was poorly executed.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

Stanford's issue was that tickets for that game 2-3x more expensive than regular season games (for students too) and season ticket holders had to purchase the game separately. It was poorly executed.

That is completely retarded if so. I can see charging a slight premium (maybe $25-30 per ticket?), but I have no doubt that BC would sell this out even with that extra fee. The Stanford turnout was mind boggling regardless given the implications - maybe BCS game burnout?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:36 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

That is completely retarded if so. I can see charging a slight premium (maybe $25-30 per ticket?), but I have no doubt that BC would sell this out even with that extra fee. The Stanford turnout was mind boggling regardless given the implications - maybe BCS game burnout?

Live and learn for them. They'll figure it out.

Easy fixes...and this would have to be applied for BC as well:

#1- free admission for students
#2- build price of title game into season ticket packages
#3- slight premium on single game seats (not 2-3x)

Done. Sellout.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Not to mention the Stanford game started 5:00 local time I believe.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:23 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Not to mention the Stanford game started 5:00 local time I believe.

Are you saying that was good or bad?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Not to mention the Stanford game started 5:00 local time I believe.

For a Friday, bad.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:52 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

For a Friday, bad.

Not making excuses for them as the issues clearly have been enumerated above. Honestly, how many of us would be able to get to campus at 5:00 on a Friday with 5 days notice? I probably would be able to, but it's a struggle to get to the Friday 7:00 hockey games and weekday basketball games
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BearTerritory on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:06 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

And it was raining.
BearTerritory
Carney Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:24 pm

BearTerritory {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

And it was raining.

was there adequate RV parking?

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 am

Belk Bowl last night was pretty entertaining.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:54 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Belk Bowl last night was pretty entertaining.

in a "officials controlled the game and fucked duke up the ass" way
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Did anyone ever identify what conference those officials were from??? Truly among the worst I've ever scene.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Mosi on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Did anyone ever identify what conference those officials were from??? Truly among the worst I've ever scene.

I thought they said it was the SEC, and I watched both the Belk (whatever the fuck that is) and the Russell Athletic Bowl (both VT and SUNJ wearing Nike)

they were both train wrecks, Cinn with 3 asst coachs and 2 GA's running the team still beats Dooookie, and VT/SUNJ set the game back 50 years

how the fuck did we lose to VT, oh yeah, :spaz2 Logna Thomas made Drunken Uncle Dave look like Tom Brady
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Went to the pinstripe bowl, had a good time.

I understand AngryDick's fear and loathing in morgantown better now. As a nerd who only knows the ACC I had never been subjected to the mountaineers. Some suggestions for when we play at Yankee Stadium seating wise next year. Get seats in the 300s, 100s you can't see shit, 200s are ok but the 300s are cheaper and give you some altitude and perspective.

It was also nice going to a college game where they sell beer.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:24 pm

This is soooooooooooooooo appropriate in a thread entitle shitty bowl games:

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:11 pm

The funniest thing I have seen this bowl season is the dye job Les Miles is sporting. He looks like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Did he lose the worst bet ever and have to visit the same hair stylist as Eva Webster???
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 pm

The Chick-Fil-A bowl was a pretty fantastic game. Lot of fun.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:21 am

Iggle {l Wrote}:The Chick-Fil-A bowl was a pretty fantastic game. Lot of fun.

Crazy game, what fun!! :elephant
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:16 am

ACC! ACC! ACC!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:31 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:ACC! ACC! ACC!

Lol the Clemson fans were cheering that last night after the game ended. ACC! ACC!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:45 am

What's the ACCs bowl record so far this year?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:50 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

What's the ACCs bowl record so far this year?

Duke lost, nc state lost, Clemson won, gtech won and va tech won. Fl state plays tonight. Did I miss anyone?
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Is anyone watching this SCAR vs Michigan game?!?!? SCAR just got screwed with a first down call and on the next play, Clowney just BLEW UP the Michigan running back. His helmet flew off and he fumbled the ball. SCAR ball. Wow!!!!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Is anyone watching this SCAR vs Michigan game?!?!? SCAR just got screwed with a first down call and on the next play, Clowney just BLEW UP the Michigan running back. His helmet flew off and he fumbled the ball. SCAR ball. Wow!!!!

Cyborg move.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:18 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Is anyone watching this SCAR vs Michigan game?!?!? SC just got screwed with a first down call and on the next play, Clowney just BLEW UP the Michigan running back. His helmut flew off and he fumbled the ball. SC ball. Wow!!!!

That was amazing. I'm not easily amazed.

Clowney crushed that kid.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:25 pm

He just crushed Robinson as well. And MI just scored to take the lead! I hate USC and Spurrier.
h2o
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium