2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Shaddix on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Addazio is calling Maurice today, he spoke with Don Brown yesterday. Could be close to a commit. Toledo is coming in hard on him.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I just hope that Addazio lands some guys to close out this class. I know it's tough coming in so late but since he's lauded for his recruiting ability i do not think its unreasonable to expect he lands some talented guys.

p.s. isn't there a recruiting dead period that starts in december?

I believe it starts today.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby fs33 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:00 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I just hope that Addazio lands some guys to close out this class. I know it's tough coming in so late but since he's lauded for his recruiting ability i do not think its unreasonable to expect he lands some talented guys.

p.s. isn't there a recruiting dead period that starts in december?

I believe it starts today.

Addazio mentioned it was the dead period in a recent video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlDokEiI ... e=youtu.be
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Addazio is calling Maurice today, he spoke with Don Brown yesterday. Could be close to a commit. Toledo is coming in hard on him.

I think Maurice visited Wake fairly recently as well. IMHO he's on board if a spot is available for another DL. With losing Taylor wonder if the staff will go after Jeff Badet again, who goes to the same HS as Maurice in Orlando (believe he's a soft USF commit and BC Ville and USF are in consideration, although his main recruiter was Aaron Smith).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:40 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Addazio is calling Maurice today, he spoke with Don Brown yesterday. Could be close to a commit. Toledo is coming in hard on him.

I think Maurice visited Wake fairly recently as well. IMHO he's on board if a spot is available for another DL. With losing Taylor wonder if the staff will go after Jeff Badet again, who goes to the same HS as Maurice in Orlando (believe he's a soft USF commit and BC Ville and USF are in consideration, although his main recruiter was Aaron Smith).

Don't believe so, his updated list is NC State, Wake Forest, Nebraska, USF, and Louisville
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Were there any recent updates with Brian Lemelle, WR from PA? Scout has him having high interest in 3 schools - Iowa (official scheduled), UConn, and BC. He seems like a very good WR to add to the class.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Yea i mentioned we were back on Lemelle earlier in the thread. He is very good. A couple schools he liked filled up at WR, he liked Addazio at Temple. I've been told there might be some grade concerns so hopefully if true Addazio can get a little leeway on this one because Lemelle is big time.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:16 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I would rather take a 3rd DT than a 3rd QB.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:20 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Michael Julian is a really good quarterback.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:34 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

We can take 5 QBs and 5 DTs if we want. If we find players who can excel in the ACC, we should offer regardless of their position.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

We can take 5 QBs and 5 DTs if we want. If we find players who can excel in the ACC, we should offer regardless of their position.

Um, isn't there an 85 scholarship rule?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

We would hit up against the 25 LOIs limit long before we reached the 85 limit. That 85 number is more a legend or old wives tale, when it comes to BC.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:37 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

We would hit up against the 25 LOIs limit long before we reached the 85 limit. That 85 number is more a legend or old wives tale, when it comes to BC.

I'm more curious as to why he is more concerned about giving out schollies in a year that we had a coaching change and several decommits. Please, if all BC's current targets decided to go to BC, we would still have some to spare.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:05 pm

While I'm on record with being fine with Julian, a part of me kind of hopes we don't get him. Daz has spent a lot of time talking up how he will adjust to a drop-back passer... admitting that he could've done better with Brantley at UF... knowing that Chase is legit and will make the right adjustments to his offense to allow for more passing down the field. Boyle and Lowrie seem firm and have been promised the same adjustments for whoever wins the job. Without a Dom Davis-type already in the program, Daz may be forced to get used to such an offense for the majority of his newly signed contract (which means he really will have to adapt to survive). Much like I thought Ryan forced Logan to be an even better OC, having true talent that goes against your preference can expand your view and make you even better offensively (e.g. compare how imaginative Bible's play-calling was forced to be with RussWill (and to a lesser extent PaulPete) than it ever was with comparable preferred talent like BSP, Matty Ice and Glennon). In truth, my hope is that a merely semi-mobile, throwing QB in Daz's system will result in an offense that I hoped for under the guy who became my favorite head coach candidate... Greg Roman.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Unless you know of guys leaving, I don't agree with your math.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:44 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:Myles Willis was visited by a PSU coach. That place is a hell hole.

TOS guy (not TGOSB) just reported that Willis is solid with BC and won't visit Ped St.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:55 am

Apparently Daz reached out to Mike McGlinchey to see if he had any interest. Good for Daz for not being scared by an ND commitment, even if it didn't lead anywhere.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Just saw something on twitter saying Matt Patchan (OL from UF) will transfer to Ohio State or BC.

Was a 5* OL out of HS, offerers from everywhere and recruited by Addazio. 6'6, 304 and has been injured thru his time at Florida.

HeavyInDaGames: According To A Source Close To Situation, Florida Gators OT Matt Patchan who was a JR This Season, Will Transfer to Ohio St. or BC
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Just saw something on twitter saying Matt Patchan (OL from UF) will transfer to Ohio State or BC.

Was a 5* OL out of HS, offerers from everywhere and recruited by Addazio. 6'6, 304 and has been injured thru his time at Florida.

HeavyInDaGames: According To A Source Close To Situation, Florida Gators OT Matt Patchan who was a JR This Season, Will Transfer to Ohio St. or BC

Graduated high school in 2008 so I'm guessing he already got his degree so he can play right away with the Russ Wilson rule.
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20121226/ARTICLES/121229749/1136?template=printpicart
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Just saw something on twitter saying Matt Patchan (OL from UF) will transfer to Ohio State or BC.

Played 11 games at DT for the Gators 08' championship team
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:51 am

Kid is an idiot if he goes to OSU over BC. He needs to playing time to show scouts. I don't know what OSU's depth chart looks like, but it can't be more open than BC's.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Kid is an idiot if he goes to OSU over BC. He needs to playing time to show scouts. I don't know what OSU's depth chart looks like, but it can't be more open than BC's.

He'd start from Day 1 here. Getting a 5* player would be fun
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Kid is an idiot if he goes to OSU over BC. He needs to playing time to show scouts. I don't know what OSU's depth chart looks like, but it can't be more open than BC's.

He'd start from Day 1 here.

You base this upon his OLine play while at Florida or that he was a 5* recruit?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:51 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Based on our current shit pile of linemen
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:51 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

This

Can he play center?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:22 pm

If he can pass block for more than 1.2 seconds and not be a matador in the run game, he can start at any position.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby UK Eagle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:47 pm

UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Saunders is going to Loserville. The key on Patcham is his health. When healthy, he was good enough to start for Florida. That means, that he would certainly be one of our top five OLinemen next year... if healthy.

It should be noted that I am not as down on the OLine as some. I think we have some talent there. I think the number one issue there has been coaches not developing these kids (all OLinemen come in needing significant work). The second major issues along the OLine is the coaches not fucking knowing who to start. The ridiculousness at center... Harris Williams... Seth Betancourt... it goes on and on.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Agree that there's talent on the OL. It's actually one of 2-3 positions (along with QB and arguably WR) that the Spaz regime did a pretty decent job of recruiting....they just couldn't develop the talent for shit, as you said.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium