Joe Rahon

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Joe Rahon

Postby sweetriverbaines on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:26 pm

sweetriverbaines
n00b

Re: Joe Rahon

Postby joeyfenn on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 am

Nice article. Rahon will be a great role player the next 4 years but I just can't see him reaching star power. He is an important piece to the offense though
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:Nice article. Rahon will be a great role player the next 4 years but I just can't see him reaching star power. He is an important piece to the offense though

I can't see Rahon as a star either, but he can certainly be more than a role player if he can just develop some consistency in his shooting. He's already shown that he's a good distributor and a good rebounder for his size.
The article is useful publicity, but the exaggerated tone of puffery is a bit embarrassing. Did the newspaper draft their society reporter to write it?
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Just something on the topic of Rahon's high school days...

check out the photos in this link.

The two to the left of the under armor logo and the one in the top right by the "y" in holiday.

Who do you see from their HS days? Kinda neat they end up on the same college team.

http://theholidayclassic.org/
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:36 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:Just something on the topic of Rahon's high school days...

The two to the left of the under armor logo and the one in the top right by the "y" in holiday.

Who do you see from their HS days? Kinda neat they end up on the same college team.

I recall something of that tournament; as the lower left photo shows, it was played on Rahon's home court. If my memory is correct, Long Beach Poly won the tournament and Anderson was the MVP.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:41 am

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:Just something on the topic of Rahon's high school days...

I recall something of that tournament; as the lower left photo shows, it was played on Rahon's home court. If my memory is correct, Long Beach Poly won the tournament and Anderson was the MVP.

you're probably right. I followed LB Poly that season once Ryan committed. I know Poly's only regular season loss was to Bishop Gorman (vegas) in some other tourney down in cali.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:54 am

Rahon will be a very solid ACC guard. He's strong. A back court of Hanlan, Rahon, Jorgensen and Jackson would set BC up nicely for a few years. They all provide something a little different.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby JimDog90 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am

Good article, but "The Eagles have churned out NBA stars such as the Phoenix Sun’s Jared Dudley and the Boston Celtic’s *** *******, something that’s not lost on Rahon." Dudley, an alumnus to be proud of...but Williams? ...guess he is back with the Texas Legends of the D-League. Why not mention Reggie, at least he is still on the active roster with OKC?
As for Rahon, solid game- fundamentally sound and very seasoned for a frosh. He doesn't have the physical ability to be a "go-to" player at this level, but makes for a great backcourt mate with Hanlan. I agree the team is in dire need of another starting-quality guard. Eeps is not one to usually jump the gun or :cheer - and I know he is just projecting, but despite some of the wishful thinking/ hear-say reported on the board, I won't believe that Jorgenson is coming to BC until I hear something official. These high school kids waffle, and for a kid that already decommitted from a good program, who's to say how many more times he'll change his mind before committing- but perhaps that is a post for a different thread.
JimDog90
n00b

Return to Conte Forum