Commits/Recruiting

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Commits/Recruiting

Postby Shaddix on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Couple of Massanutten showcase games were uploaded to youtube.

This one is the best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a7zpPiMeViM

Deandre Burnett #11 looks real good, hopefully BC is in on him.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Burnett is going to Miami.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Burnett is going to Miami.

Apologies, I meant #11 Dwayne Foreman
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Burnett is going to Miami.

Apologies, I meant #11 Dwayne Foreman

Has a lot of interest right now, but not many offers
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Ricky Doyle, 2014 C, on BC: "They're a great school with a great coaching staff" seems BC is recruiting him (they've offered)
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:00 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Ricky Doyle, 2014 C, on BC: "They're a great school with a great coaching staff" seems BC is recruiting him (they've offered)

Offer from Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio State, and Purdue. Won''t be easy
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:Ricky Doyle, 2014 C, on BC: "They're a great school with a great coaching staff" seems BC is recruiting him (they've offered)

Offer from Notre Dame, Miami, Ohio State, and Purdue. Won''t be easy

You mean won't be coming to BC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:07 pm

FUCK WE DIDN'T GET JABARI PARKER :suicide
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Iggle on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:48 am

Heard that we (and Pitt) gave an offer to Kerem Kanter, Enes' brother, last night. I like that for 2014.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 am

Iggle {l Wrote}:Heard that we (and Pitt) gave an offer to Kerem Kanter, Enes' brother, last night. I like that for 2014.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/2902/Big-Day-for-Kanter.php
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
Iggle {l Wrote}:Heard that we (and Pitt) gave an offer to Kerem Kanter, Enes' brother, last night. I like that for 2014.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/2902/Big-Day-for-Kanter.php

Goodluck Okonoboh is on his team...He will light up the next level. Good offer to Kanter
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
2014 Cushing Academy (MA) PG Kaleb Joseph is attending the Boston College-Providence Basketball game today.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:38 pm

HoopDreamsmag: Abdul Malik Abu,Jared Terrell,Alec Brennan,Jared Reuter,Terrance Mann,Aaron Falzon,Donovan Mitchell, Ikena Ndugba. All at the BC vs PC game.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:02 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:HoopDreamsmag: Abdul Malik Abu,Jared Terrell,Alec Brennan,Jared Reuter,Terrance Mann,Aaron Falzon,Donovan Mitchell, Ikena Ndugba. All at the BC vs PC game.

Big time to show up and win eh?
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:58 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:HoopDreamsmag: Abdul Malik Abu,Jared Terrell,Alec Brennan,Jared Reuter,Terrance Mann,Aaron Falzon,Donovan Mitchell, Ikena Ndugba. All at the BC vs PC game.

Good! I was actually hoping this was a game some of our local prospects would attend. I am sure just as many where there to see Providence, but this was a GREAT game for BC recruits to watch. Good to hear that Joseph was there too.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Big win. Wish there had been more BC fans there and less Providence fans though
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Saw many recruits, Kaleb Joseph and Jeremy Miller to name a few. Interestingly as the parking lot was stalled for 50 minutes I saw Woody Kampmann walking with a recruit and his mom to their car. They talked for a bit, then he shook the recruit and mom's hands. Couldn't tell who he was.

UPDATE: Confirmed:
@TheRecruitScoop
2014 recruits Kaleb Joseph, Jared Terrell, Abdul Malik Abu, Alec Brennan & 2015 Donovan Mitchell are at the Boston College-Providence game.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Hard to tell what the priorities of the various prospects were at a BC-Providence game, but BC's performance certainly didn't do any harm.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 am

I saw Jeremy Miller more than once, kid is really tall but a bit skinny..

Also:

@TheRecruitScoop
Offered #3 in for 2015 Canterbury (CT) guard Donovan Mitchell. Boston College joins Iona & Providence, who have also offered.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:40 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:I saw Jeremy Miller more than once, kid is really tall but a bit skinny..

Also:

@TheRecruitScoop
Offered #3 in for 2015 Canterbury (CT) guard Donovan Mitchell. Boston College joins Iona & Providence, who have also offered.

Miller is 2015, so he has plenty of time to fill out; his selling point is his exceptional athleticism for his size. BC and Providence are both recruiting him hard (which is true of many of the prospects who attended the game).

Mitchell (6'3") is new to the NE hoop scene, but a very good prospect; he lives in Brooklyn and runs with The City on the AAU circuit. He's still somewhat under the national radar, but looks like the kind who could blow up at any time. Definitely someone to get in on early, because he's probably going to attract a lot more attention.

With the two schools competing for so many New England kids, the BC-PC game was clearly the place to be for local talent -- a great time for BC to step up. Ian Sistare also visited again, along with his NMH teammate Sam Donahue, next year's walk-on.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:06 pm

bird any updates on Jorgenson?
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:48 pm

RedBaron67 {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:I saw Jeremy Miller more than once, kid is really tall but a bit skinny..

Also:

@TheRecruitScoop

Miller is 2015, so he has plenty of time to fill out; his selling point is his exceptional athleticism for his size. BC and Providence are both recruiting him hard (which is true of many of the prospects who attended the game).

Mitchell (6'3") is new to the NE hoop scene, but a very good prospect; he lives in Brooklyn and runs with The City on the AAU circuit. He's still somewhat under the national radar, but looks like the kind who could blow up at any time. Definitely someone to get in on early, because he's probably going to attract a lot more attention.

With the two schools competing for so many New England kids, the BC-PC game was clearly the place to be for local talent -- a great time for BC to step up. Ian Sistare also visited again, along with his NMH teammate Sam Donahue, next year's walk-on.

Mitchell is from Greenwich. He went to Greenwich Country Day School with a relative of mine. Hes gotten the attention of most big time programs but I think only BC and PC have offered to this point.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bird3310 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Jorgenson taking a visit to georgia tech jan 5 weekend. Was at Creighton last week I believe.
bird3310
n00b

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:30 pm

bird3310 {l Wrote}:Jorgenson taking a visit to georgia tech jan 5 weekend. Was at Creighton last week I believe.

Is he still favoring BC?
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby bird3310 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Although his recruitment has picked up dramatically I'm hearing its bc, Creighton, gt and purdue. I think from what I hear that it's still bc's game to lose but gt and purdue making hard pushes as is Creighton. I was told a decision still could be made by the time he heads back to new Hampton jan 7th. Just found out he is going to gt for the Miami game jan 5th weekend
bird3310
n00b

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:51 am

bird3310 {l Wrote}:Although his recruitment has picked up dramatically I'm hearing its bc, Creighton, gt and purdue. I think from what I hear that it's still bc's game to lose but gt and purdue making hard pushes as is Creighton. I was told a decision still could be made by the time he heads back to new Hampton jan 7th. Just found out he is going to gt for the Miami game jan 5th weekend

Thanks. According to the Creighton board they think they could be possibly in the lead for Jorgenson b/c a guy that apparently knows his dad (as well as you do) thinks Creigton is in the lead but he's not sure.
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby apbc12 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:33 am

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:
bird3310 {l Wrote}:Although his recruitment has picked up dramatically I'm hearing its bc, Creighton, gt and purdue. I think from what I hear that it's still bc's game to lose but gt and purdue making hard pushes as is Creighton. I was told a decision still could be made by the time he heads back to new Hampton jan 7th. Just found out he is going to gt for the Miami game jan 5th weekend

Thanks. According to the Creighton board they think they could be possibly in the lead for Jorgenson b/c a guy that apparently knows his dad (as well as you do) thinks Creigton is in the lead but he's not sure.

Is that the same guy who saw him pass out at the 31 Flavors last night?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:36 am

do you think he knows that the nighthawks will likely never play another game? what other possible draw could there be to omaha?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:do you think he knows that the nighthawks will likely never play another game? what other possible draw could there be to omaha?

College World Series.
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.
Warren Schmidt.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:07 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:do you think he knows that the nighthawks will likely never play another game? what other possible draw could there be to omaha?

College World Series. that's played for two weeks when school is not in session and bball practice is not yet started. if you are that interested you could fly from boston and stay in a hotel.
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. that dude is dead and the show is long over
Warren Schmidt. for every warren schmidt there are 3 frank costellos.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum