Temple Coaching Search

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Temple Coaching Search

Postby whalepants on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

There are things about Diaco that have never been published.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:34 pm

whalepants {l Wrote}:There are things about Diaco that have never been published.

This is a statement against which I can't argue.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby whalepants on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
whalepants {l Wrote}:There are things about Diaco that have never been published.

This is a statement against which I can't argue.

I doubt if all of it will ever come out.
whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Based on all this, it seems you have difficulty expressing your thoughts in the written form (which probably means you are stupid) and mitigates the rest of your posts.

This is a horrible sentence and you don't know what "mitigate" means.

Carry on.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby whalepants on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Based on all this, it seems you have difficulty expressing your thoughts in the written form (which probably means you are stupid) and mitigates the rest of your posts.

Carry on.

whalepants
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:53 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Carry on.

It was paraphrased directly from 9903's reply.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Carry on.

Read again.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Carry on.

Read again.

also, awesome.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Carry on.

Ouch. For reals? :lol:
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:10 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:As for non-ATL and non-West info (both of which you quickly reject whenever it doesn’t suit your agenda)…
http://articles.southbendtribune.com/20 ... ohn-chavis
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... oordinator
http://chicago.sbnation.com/notre-dame- ... azio-diaco
If BC couldn’t agree to financial terms with Diaco or if Diaco opted to stay at ND, the headlines and subsequent stories from those who cover ND the closest would read quite differently.

Of your three articles, the first two don't say what you are claiming they do.

I just wanted to memorialize what 9903 considers to be his thought process.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:25 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:diaco apparently a top candidate for wisconsin.

glad he wasn't good enough for us.

I'm really not sold that we rejected Diaco. We might have, but I think its at least equally likely he rejected us. Which begs the money question that I have no answer for.

What proof... check that... what EVIDENCE do you have that leads you to believe that Diaco turned down an offer??? Honestly... outside of you and the idiot MattTheEagle, I haven't seen a single article, poster or commentator who has even alluded to it as a possibility.

He has an equal amount of evidence as you do that Diaco wasn't offered the job. None.

for the record, I was the first to predict that we would lose Diaco to Wisconsin. I would obnoxiously bump the thread, but it's been locked.

Which would certainly be comical if that is his stance.

They ain't jonking when they say the bar is a test of minimal competence.

Actually the bar is a test of minimal relevance. And it ain't hard, assuming you study for three months straight.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Diaco was never offered the job, so there was nothing for him to turn down. BC folks said he didn't do well in his interview (which was the same spin used against Whipple).
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:diaco apparently a top candidate for wisconsin.

glad he wasn't good enough for us.

I'm really not sold that we rejected Diaco. We might have, but I think its at least equally likely he rejected us. Which begs the money question that I have no answer for.

What proof... check that... what EVIDENCE do you have that leads you to believe that Diaco turned down an offer??? Honestly... outside of you and the idiot MattTheEagle, I haven't seen a single article, poster or commentator who has even alluded to it as a possibility.

He has an equal amount of evidence as you do that Diaco wasn't offered the job. None.

for the record, I was the first to predict that we would lose Diaco to Wisconsin. I would obnoxiously bump the thread, but it's been locked.

Which would certainly be comical if that is his stance.

They ain't jonking when they say the bar is a test of minimal competence.

Actually the bar is a test of minimal relevance.

it's both.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:32 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Diaco was never offered the job, so there was nothing for him to turn down. BC folks said he didn't do well in his interview (which was the same spin used against Whipple).

Ok. There you go, now there is someone who has information I am not privy to saying that there was no offer. I have no counter information, so I accept this.

To ATL, since you don't seem to believe the BC folks reason why he was not offered the job, what do you think the reason actually was?
Last edited by eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:As for non-ATL and non-West info (both of which you quickly reject whenever it doesn’t suit your agenda)…
http://articles.southbendtribune.com/20 ... ohn-chavis
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... oordinator
http://chicago.sbnation.com/notre-dame- ... azio-diaco
If BC couldn’t agree to financial terms with Diaco or if Diaco opted to stay at ND, the headlines and subsequent stories from those who cover ND the closest would read quite differently.

Of your three articles, the first two don't say what you are claiming they do.

I just wanted to memorialize what 9903 considers to be his thought process.

By cutting a piece of my post that isn't at all the whammy I imagine you think it is?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Bunratty on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Diaco was never offered the job, so there was nothing for him to turn down. BC folks said he didn't do well in his interview (which was the same spin used against Whipple).

To ATL, since you don't seem to believe the BC folks reason why he was not offered the job, what do you think the reason actually was?

Methinks BC knew they wanted Dazoo all along. They only interviewed Diaco so Bates could try to snow people (better than GDF) that he was doing a NATIONAL SEARCH.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Methinks BC knew they wanted Dazoo all along. They only interviewed Diaco so Bates could try to snow people (better than GDF) that he was doing a NATIONAL SEARCH.

Certainly could be.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:24 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Ok. There you go, now there is someone who has information I am not privy to saying that there was no offer. I have no counter information, so I accept this.

I actually do believe Addazio had the best interview. You could see his energy. Day prepped him well on the current roster and recruiting and he sold that he wanted to be at BC.

Supposedly Diaco wasn't as prepared, came off as arrogant and left the impression that he wanted a BCS job, not just the BC job.

My frustration is the whisper campaigns that we use against those we didn't select (see Whipple).

I also think it is a bit shortsighted to put so much weight on the interview or who wowed them more. Addazio's rah rah nature and inside scoop was always going to give him a leg up.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 am

According to Philly Inquirer, Diaco did interview for the Temple job.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/hom ... g_job.html
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 am

There are things about Diaco that have never been published

You bring up a good point. The larger question about the final 3 candidates, is how did they feel about Global warming? If they expressed a lack of support for this non-scientific theory that has been disproved by randomness, then can BC BOT really support the coach? If the New England ponds and cranberry bogs refuse to freeze, where is BC going to recruit hockey players? It is just a matter of time before the Canadian ice sheets melt. If BC hockey goes into decline, we are left with little to cheer for. Of course this could lead to a surge in outdoor football in New England. I believe the Florida heat (projected to warm to 89.34 degrees by the year 2525) could melt the Everglades, and force the population to relocate toward New England. There is good and bad sides to this myth, and I believe Addazio carefully addressed this topic.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby Mod34b on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I actually do believe Addazio had the best interview. You could see his energy. Day prepped him well on the current roster and recruiting and he sold that he wanted to be at BC.

Supposedly Diaco wasn't as prepared, came off as arrogant and left the impression that he wanted a BCS job, not just the BC job.

My frustration is the whisper campaigns that we use against those we didn't select (see Whipple).

I also think it is a bit shortsighted to put so much weight on the interview or who wowed them more. Addazio's rah rah nature and inside scoop was always going to give him a leg up.

Glad to not have an arrogant ND guy.
Mod34b

Postby EagleDave on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Mod34b {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Glad to not have an arrogant ND guy.

How DARE he not think BC is the end all be all of BCS jobs.

Good grief we're Mickey Mouse.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
Temple plans to introduce new head coach Matt Rhule on Monday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Walsh601 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:How DARE he not think BC is the end all be all of BCS jobs.

This. Future BC HC job applicants, just mix and match these buzz words on your interview with Fr. Leahy and I guarantee you''l land the job!

"Unique/Special place"
"Extraordinary young men/women"
"Teacher First"
"Dream/Destination Job"
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby Mod34b on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:How DARE he not think BC is the end all be all of BCS jobs.

This. Future BC HC job applicants, just mix and match these buzz words on your interview with Fr. Leahy and I guarantee you''l land the job!

"Unique/Special place"
"Extraordinary young men/women"
"Teacher First"
"Dream/Destination Job"

Enjoying yourselves?

I said I did not want an arrogant #2 from ND.

I did not say, as you seem to think :slapfight, that I seek a BC coach who must dream and drool of BC only and never want to leave. WTF?
Mod34b

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium