Adazzio named new head coach - and ...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: i'm done seriously - Adazzio named new head coach

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
fs33 {l Wrote}:
joemack13 {l Wrote}:in looking at temples last few seasons, i can at least say that it isn't obvious they've gotten worse. i really can't watch him bring BC's old staff back though, god help us

Umm, I'd say it's pretty obvious. Not only did Temple go 4-7, but they got blown the fuck out in every loss. They lost by an average of 21 points a game. (Hint: worse that BC). Hey, at least they beat Army.

They had MAC talent in the Big East.

Is there a difference? or do you mean to put that in red.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
fs33 {l Wrote}:
joemack13 {l Wrote}:in looking at temples last few seasons, i can at least say that it isn't obvious they've gotten worse. i really can't watch him bring BC's old staff back though, god help us

Umm, I'd say it's pretty obvious. Not only did Temple go 4-7, but they got blown the fuck out in every loss. They lost by an average of 21 points a game. (Hint: worse that BC). Hey, at least they beat Army.

They had MAC talent in the Big East.

Spare me the bullshit. MAC talent is Big East. Now we are too...on a good day. Maybe Daz was Bates' dream coach at ball st or whatever fucking junior college he was at and now he went to get him thinking it's a victory but in reality it's a sad loss...for BC.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:48 pm

EO is such a cesspool of melodrama.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:EO is such a cesspool of melodrama.

Is that better or worse than a cesspool of hate? Sounds like an improvement to me.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Bender on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:59 pm

This guy was in the process of doing to Temple what Spaz did to BC.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby miutbc on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:03 am

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:Nothing honks me off more than BC acting like a little provincial bitch. Xenophobia runs rampant at BC. Of course BC would hire the New Englandah from CN. The fat white guy from CN. Oh sweet Jesus, we hired this doofus on the heels of Spaz? ON THE HEELS OF SPAZ? What are we in love with big oafy Italian guys with shleppy histories? Good God.

The BC I fell in love with is on life support. The Durgin Park waitresses hanging from the balconies of the Anatole Hotel in Dallas singing For Boston during the Cotton Bowl. The greeting of the bus after '93 ND. Heck, even the helmet raising passion following the beat down of CSU in the Nut Bowl on NY's Eve in San Fran, which marked the official point of BC will not go away and we *could* be on the verge of something big. The bon fires after VTech in '07. This spirit has vanished. It is flat gone.

I read in Kiplinger's last night that BC is now #24th in the nation, behind only Gtown among Catholic schools. Higher than ND at #27. I guess this is what gets Leahy's rocks off. Enjoy it, priest. For the rest of us, there is more to living a balanced life. And it includes the umph, passion, and love that is generated in moments written above. Good luck getting people emotional and willing to care simply by having them recall the great book they read in some core class.

To anybody planning on crashing my tailgate at USC next year: Please make other plans. I will not be around that weekend.

we won't be 24 without nationally recognized sports. the demographics are south and west. No one is going to bc when they are nothing but hc or colgate.
miutbc
Carney Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 am

With such a surprise hire, I decided to sleep on it before weighing in. When it was first announced, I thought "well, maybe this season at Temple was just the difficulty of stepping up from the MAC to the Big East." (If that is a step up?)

Having thought long and hard about this, I'm pretty convinced that we were after some of the bigger names, but they wanted a bit of a premium to take over such a craptacular situation. We certainly could have gotten Diaco, and probably could have gotten Roman, PCJR, and even Golden if we were willing to pay. Enter Scrooge McLeahy, the most penniwise and pound foolish POS in the world of university administration. The good news is that we'll have plenty of complaining to do in the next four years, and another exciting coaching search in late 2016. Ever to be cheap!

One last thing: it's rare for a program like ours to get an energetic, daring, young up-and-coming coach who can actually make the team exciting to watch. Most of the guys who are "sure things" in this department are holding out for bigger and better jobs. The guys that we hire that are in this category are generally going to be a bit of a risk. This means when we do actually find one, we need to cling to him for dear life, not fire him out of spite for interviewing for a better job. GDF fucked us over good, and Bates didn't fix it. Someone last night said it best - small-time AD hire = small-time head coach hire. I look forward to congregating on this message board all next fall and complaining about our new target of scorn.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:With such a surprise hire, I decided to sleep on it before weighing in. When it was first announced, I thought "well, maybe this season at Temple was just the difficulty of stepping up from the MAC to the Big East." (If that is a step up?)

Having thought long and hard about this, I'm pretty convinced that we were after some of the bigger names, but they wanted a bit of a premium to take over such a craptacular situation. We certainly could have gotten Diaco, and probably could have gotten Roman, PCJR, and even Golden if we were willing to pay. Enter Scrooge McLeahy, the most penniwise and pound foolish POS in the world of university administration. The good news is that we'll have plenty of complaining to do in the next four years, and another exciting coaching search in late 2016. Ever to be cheap!

One last thing: it's rare for a program like ours to get an energetic, daring, young up-and-coming coach who can actually make the team exciting to watch. Most of the guys who are "sure things" in this department are holding out for bigger and better jobs. The guys that we hire that are in this category are generally going to be a bit of a risk. This means when we do actually find one, we need to cling to him for dear life, not fire him out of spite for interviewing for a better job. GDF fucked us over good, and Bates didn't fix it. Someone last night said it best - small-time AD hire = small-time head coach hire. I look forward to congregating on this message board all next fall and complaining about our new target of scorn.

according to bcwest on EA, we are not underpaying addazzio.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:09 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:With such a surprise hire, I decided to sleep on it before weighing in. When it was first announced, I thought "well, maybe this season at Temple was just the difficulty of stepping up from the MAC to the Big East." (If that is a step up?)

I'm not sure whether that would make it better or worse. I am also not sure whether that will impact my decision of whether to keep using this signature.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'm not sure whether that would make it better or worse. I am also not sure whether that will impact my decision of whether to keep using this signature.

I am not sure either, on either point.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:15 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I spoke to someone in the know who said Adazzio is making at least the 2 mm quoted earlier that BB was allowed to spend. Addazio apparently only made 600k at temple so if true this is WAYYY overpaying.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:19 am

Read Blauds post for the truly inspiring list of all the jobs that Addazio has wanted but came up "just short" of getting in the past 6-7 years. Including BC twice.

Third time's a charm!
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I spoke to someone in the know who said Adazzio is making at least the 2 mm quoted earlier that BB was allowed to spend. Addazio apparently only made 600k at temple so if true this is WAYYY overpaying.

If true, then Bates is an idiot, no two ways about it.

A $12m contract for a coach coming off a 4 win season that nobody else was even remotely interested in? A coach that UConn and Rutgers both passed on?
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby eagletx on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:as someone who has shown a lack of loyalty in the past, i am hoping a bigger name school tries to "steal" him from us.

please God make this be true. kthxbye

Doubtful. He is 53 years old and just spent two years at Temple. Those two years were, respectively: excellent and sub-par. There's a good chance that if he stayed another year there and they sucked again in the NNNNNNNNNNNNNNBE, he would never be considered head coaching material again.

Coach Daz and BC's fortunes are now linked. I doubt very much that anyone will come calling to hire him away from us, though I pray that he is successful enough for that to happen.

A much more likely scenario is that we are looking down the barrel of another 0-12, 1-11, 2-10 type season.....and maybe, just maybe we haven't hit rock bottom just yet. Would Addazio survive a winless campaign next season? Would it force Bates' hand to make another move? Probably not, but it is something to consider.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 am

FIU just fired Mario Cristobal.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Adazzio named new head coach - and I'm a gay homosexual

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:35 pm

i'm feeling more hospitable today. title changed.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: Adazzio named new head coach - and 9903 is a gay homosexual

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:03 pm

good for you. i promise not to tell nospace
you're a poor sport
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: Adazzio named new head coach - and I'm a gay homosexual

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:good for you. i promise not to tell nospace
you're a poor sport

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: Adazzio named new head coach - and ...

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 pm

also look at your karma right now!!!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:also look at your karma right now!!!

why? what did you do!?!?!?

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:17 pm

But... isn't "gay homosexual" really a double negative ultimately meaning straight?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:But... isn't "gay homosexual" really a double negative ultimately meaning straight?

these interns, like all women, are 2 beers away from being gay
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:But... isn't "gay homosexual" really a double negative ultimately meaning straight?

Is that why you were making Hansen butt chug that 30 pack? gross.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

that was all his idea
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

that was all his idea

that explains the brand choice

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm

in his initial request he asked for a "physical challenge"

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:45 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in his initial request he asked for a "physical challenge"

what was this all about?

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:47 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:in his initial request he asked for a "physical challenge"

what was this all about?

he's still regretting his laser hair removal... it causes him all sorts of runners chafe. as a result, he tries to get hair down there any way he can
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:58 pm

on a semi serious note, someone -probably HJS- posted this the other day:

TGOSB {l Wrote}: BOSTON COLLEGE: Steve Addazio is a ramped-up version of Frank Spaziani and that's not a great thing. He's a solid coach, but this wasn't the sexy hire BC wanted or needed to boost recruiting, especially coming off a 2-10 season.

I consider Farrell not liking our coach to be spectacular news.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Skidmark on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Article that pretty much sums up my feelings on the Adazzio hire.

http://southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/add ... a-surprise
Skidmark
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium