Cadillac and I would like to know....

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Cadillac and I would like to know....

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:45 am

If you all still think we were stupid for defending Al Skinner.** Just checking in.

**P and S, I liked Donahue. I just didn't think we needed to be hiring anyone.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Re: Cadillac and I would like to know....

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If you all still think we were stupid for defending Al Skinner.** Just checking in.

Are the options limited to Donahue and retaining Skinner?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:02 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If you all still think we were stupid for defending Al Skinner.** Just checking in.

Well, I am all about hiring the best coach. My only point then and now is that Skinner had earned the right to see if he could turn that whole thing around with Jackson, Sanders, Paris, Southern, Dunn, Raji, Ravenel, Heslip, Noreen and Papa. A collection of talent we would beg to have on the team right now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:21 am

question - do you still think they would have lost to harvard 3 more times under al. i do.

therefore, as of today's epic "sky is falling" it's a push
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:26 am

Where's that "oh not this shit again" pic?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:28 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Where's that "oh not this shit again" pic?

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws ... gain+image
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Well, I am all about hiring the best coach. My only point then and now is that Skinner had earned the right to see if he could turn that whole thing around with Jackson, Sanders, Paris, Southern, Dunn, Raji, Ravenel, Heslip, Noreen and Papa. A collection of talent we would beg to have on the team right now.

I'm not really following. Would retaining Skinner have been better than the current disaster? More than probably. Would it have been better than not retaining Skinner and hiring someone who recruited the occasional player who looks as if he can bench press his own body weight or jump more than half a foot off the ground? I don't know, maybe.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:question - do you still think they would have lost to harvard 3 more times under al. i do.

No.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:question - do you still think they would have lost to harvard 3 more times under al. i do.

No.

my crystal balls tell me you are wrong. accept it skywalker, the crystal balls never lie.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'm not really following. Would retaining Skinner have been better than the current disaster? More than probably. Would it have been better than not retaining Skinner and hiring someone who recruited the occasional player who looks as if he can bench press his own body weight or jump more than half a foot off the ground? I don't know, maybe.

Again, if your point is that Al Skinner is not the absolute best coach in the world, I won't argue with you. To follow my point, you need to realize that all I am saying, then and now, is that he didn't need to be fired in the first place. I have always conceded that there are coaches out there that could do better than Al, and mistakenly thought that the Don was one of them. I just didn't think Al deserved to be fired, period.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:... I just didn't think Al deserved to be fired, period.

change "period" to "yet" and i agree with you. i think al deserved one more year with "his guys" to try to perform. if he sucked again, then there's the door... but the timing didn't feel "right."
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Again, if your point is that Al Skinner is not the absolute best coach in the world, I won't argue with you. To follow my point, you need to realize that all I am saying, then and now, is that he didn't need to be fired in the first place. I have always conceded that there are coaches out there that could do better than Al, and mistakenly thought that the Don was one of them. I just didn't think Al deserved to be fired, period.

OK, I don't think I care about this. Carry on.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:45 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

change "period" to "yet" and i agree with you. i think al deserved one more year with "his guys" to try to perform. if he sucked again, then there's the door... but the timing didn't feel "right."

I agree with that. I didn't mean "period" as a length of time, but as in "absolutely" at that time.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I agree with that. I didn't mean "period" as a length of time, but as in "absolutely" at that time.

I agree with Teddy. Skinner should have had one more year with those guys. No way he would have lost to Harvard three more times. I am using the same logic as the Donahue jock sniffers who don't think BC could use Heslip.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm

I thought Skinner had run his course and that a new coach could take the team a little further, as Jags did after TOB. Oops. Donahue has filled our roster with a bunch of soft, crackerass crackers and it sucks.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby joemack13 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't think many people disagree that Skinner deserved another year - everyone was surprised by the firing. That being said, I thought it was going to be good for BC basketball in spite of being an unsavory way to handle the situation. I haven't given up on the Don, but it looks bleak. If everyone's healthy, maybe he'll be able to field a decent team by ACC play... he needs to. I'll still be concerned about next year - it seems clear that if we don't bring in a big next year, we will have a 3-man rotation of Anderson, Clifford, and Odio... and nothing else. That's got to be a fireable offense
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:I don't think many people disagree that Skinner deserved another year - everyone was surprised by the firing. That being said, I thought it was going to be good for BC basketball in spite of being an unsavory way to handle the situation. I haven't given up on the Don, but it looks bleak. If everyone's healthy, maybe he'll be able to field a decent team by ACC play... he needs to. I'll still be concerned about next year - it seems clear that if we don't bring in a big next year, we will have a 3-man rotation of Anderson, Clifford, and Odio... and nothing else. That's got to be a fireable offense

Almost everyone here wanted Skinner fired.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
joemack13 {l Wrote}:I don't think many people disagree that Skinner deserved another year - everyone was surprised by the firing. That being said, I thought it was going to be good for BC basketball in spite of being an unsavory way to handle the situation. I haven't given up on the Don, but it looks bleak. If everyone's healthy, maybe he'll be able to field a decent team by ACC play... he needs to. I'll still be concerned about next year - it seems clear that if we don't bring in a big next year, we will have a 3-man rotation of Anderson, Clifford, and Odio... and nothing else. That's got to be a fireable offense

Found this after the Harvard loss a couple of years ago:

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2430&hilit=skinner+fired

Oddly, I voted no depsite my 2009 comments and recollection recall wanting him fired

It was also back when you and cag couldn't go 2 posts without :slapfight
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby floocher on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Is this the same all-knowing epstein we see here every day? Or is it some rank, cracker-ass imposter?

Re: Fire Skinner? Poll and official thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:39 pm
Glad some of you are coming around to my point of you. Skinner is a fucking awful coach. There is a lot of talent on this team but it goes to waste with such a useless coach. I really don't give a damn who we hire if Al somehow gets fired. He's a fine evaluator of talent, but fucking cluelsss as a coach.

Fire Skinner.

eepstein0
Devlin Hall

floocher
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Found this after the Harvard loss a couple of years ago:

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2430&hilit=skinner+fired

Oddly, I voted no depsite my 2009 comments and recollection recall wanting him fired

It was also back when you and cag couldn't go 2 posts without :slapfight

Cag and I got along better once he realized Braylon Edwards sucks.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Skinner eyes talent but can't coach
Donahue recruit America East players and can coach

Both options to the polar extreme suck
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Skinner eyes talent but can't coach

Yeah, 20-0 and ranked 4th in the country is really a sign that a guy can't coach. Thanks for playing.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Thanks for playing.

I can't stand when people say this.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Yeah, 20-0 and ranked 4th in the country is really a sign that a guy can't coach. Thanks for playing.

yay cherry picking! this guy coached 650+ games, 2% of that sample neither affirms nor denies he can coach

mrs skinner, i'm not agreeing or disagreeing that he can coach but your evidence doesn't prove anything
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

yay cherry picking! this guy coached 650+ games, 2% of that sample neither affirms nor denies he can coach

mrs skinner, i'm not agreeing or disagreeing that he can coach but your evidence doesn't prove anything

Anyone that goes 20-0 in the Big East of yore can coach period.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I didn't want to rehash his entire career. My point was, I can remember at that point in time and was incredibly happy about where BC basketball was. If anyone, namely eepstein0) was saying to themselves, "this Skinner guy can't coach," they were delusional. It is still a stupid thing to say today. Yes, his career at BC turned the wrong way at the end but to say he can't coach is a stretch.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

What about 2-13 in a shitty ACC in year 11?

*I'm not arguing whether he can actually coach or not, I'm arguing the argument
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:26 am

When Al figures out how to get the ball inbounds or break the press, let me know
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:58 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

What about 2-13 in a shitty ACC in year 11?

*I'm not arguing whether he can actually coach or not, I'm arguing the argument

Sorry, did you not see my follow up?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 am

no
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010