Adazzio named new head coach - and ...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: i'm done seriously - Adazzio named new head coach

Postby joemack13 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 pm

in looking at temples last few seasons, i can at least say that it isn't obvious they've gotten worse. i really can't watch him bring BC's old staff back though, god help us
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Sadly, I just can't take it anymore either. I still supported the team through the Spaz years because I thought it was just a GDF blunder and we would make it back to relevance eventually. Now I realize that nobody at our school knows what the hell they are doing. It's just a waste of time at this point. Rooting for BC will be like rooting for a MAC/Patriot league team that is competing against BCS schools. What's the point?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:56 pm

I'll reserve judgement until he actually coaches a game at BC.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'll reserve judgement until he actually coaches a game at BC.

so players that have never played a down for the university can be panned as "non-acc caliber" and deemed to "suck" at the ages of 16-19 but a 53 year old professional that will receive compensation in excess of a million dollars a year is given a grace period.

you're kind of a backwards dude, juan
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Nothing honks me off more than BC acting like a little provincial bitch. Xenophobia runs rampant at BC. Of course BC would hire the New Englandah from CN. The fat white guy from CN. Oh sweet Jesus, we hired this doofus on the heels of Spaz? ON THE HEELS OF SPAZ? What are we in love with big oafy Italian guys with shleppy histories? Good God.

The BC I fell in love with is on life support. The Durgin Park waitresses hanging from the balconies of the Anatole Hotel in Dallas singing For Boston during the Cotton Bowl. The greeting of the bus after '93 ND. Heck, even the helmet raising passion following the beat down of CSU in the Nut Bowl on NY's Eve in San Fran, which marked the official point of BC will not go away and we *could* be on the verge of something big. The bon fires after VTech in '07. This spirit has vanished. It is flat gone.

I read in Kiplinger's last night that BC is now #24th in the nation, behind only Gtown among Catholic schools. Higher than ND at #27. I guess this is what gets Leahy's rocks off. Enjoy it, priest. For the rest of us, there is more to living a balanced life. And it includes the umph, passion, and love that is generated in moments written above. Good luck getting people emotional and willing to care simply by having them recall the great book they read in some core class.

To anybody planning on crashing my tailgate at USC next year: Please make other plans. I will not be around that weekend.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby BCWest on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:24 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCWest {l Wrote}:Coming in the Top 25. Addazio at #17 on Coaches Hot Seat after going 4-7 at Temple.

West, how did this happen? what were they thinking? any insider info would be greatly appreciated.

I am completely disappointed by this. I have not recovered. How did this happen? That is a great question. Why did this happen is beyond me.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'll reserve judgement until he actually coaches a game at BC.

so players that have never played a down for the university can be panned as "non-acc caliber" and deemed to "suck" at the ages of 16-19 but a 53 year old professional that will receive compensation in excess of a million dollars a year is given a grace period.

you're kind of a backwards dude, juan

The players sucking is on the coaches also.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:People applauded Bates for firing Spaz and were quick to ask everyone to donate. That move took no insight, guts, or overall effort. That was a foregone conclusion. The replacement for Spaz was the action that would define Bates. This hire is the pure definition of Failure.

Fuck you Bates!

I seriously believe that if GDF had stayed on but was forced to fire Spaz, he would have made the same hire here. What a mess. Good one Bates.

Excellent point. They forced out Coach Flip to bring in a new guy to deal with the football disaster, and the savior made the same fucking hire. :titanic
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby lawrat on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

The last line of the SI.com article: "This time around, Addazio won the job. Now he'll face the tall task of getting BC back into bowl contention."

Wonderful, this is how Leahy must see the hire - Get us to a bowl every year and you get the job. We don't need the excitement Jags brought with him, it upset the neighbors.
lawrat
n00b

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:as someone who has shown a lack of loyalty in the past, i am hoping a bigger name school tries to "steal" him from us.

please God make this be true. kthxbye

Doubtful. He is 53 years old and just spent two years at Temple. Those two years were, respectively: excellent and sub-par. There's a good chance that if he stayed another year there and they sucked again in the NNNNNNNNNNNNNNBE, he would never be considered head coaching material again.

Coach Daz and BC's fortunes are now linked. I doubt very much that anyone will come calling to hire him away from us, though I pray that he is successful enough for that to happen.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:52 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}: Retain half the coaching staff (to avoid buyouts) and replace frank's salary.

This is what I'm afraid of here. No one proved they were irreplacable as an assistant in the past 4 years. That includes people currently on the Temple staff who have been here before.

I could see keeping one or two low level position coaches - Washington, say - who are also learning on the job and maybe have been responsible for keeping recruits together during this process. But that's it. No McGovern, no Martin - I know that Rettig loves him but remember Herzy stumped for Spaz and that worked out great.

If we see most of the usual suspects on the staffing list, that in my mind moves this hire from uninspiring to maddening.

Can't wait to bring back Mo Cassarra in two years.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Some chick that writes for ESPN is calling this a home run hire for Bates. Jesus F. Christ.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Some chick that writes for ESPN is calling this a home run hire for Bates. Jesus F. Christ.

National media loves the hire because they think this is the best BC can do. They see a guy that can get us back to yearly 6/7 wins and a whogivesacrap.com bowl invitation seasons and think he's a perfect fit for their preconceived notion of BC football.

The sad thing is, Fr. Leahy seems to share their opinion.
Last edited by Walsh601 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Those who wanted a guy that will stick around for life are probably thrilled with this hire.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:Some chick that writes for ESPN is calling this a home run hire for Bates. Jesus F. Christ.

Heather Dinich?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Heather Dinich?

The other one.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:

National media loves the hire because they think this is the best BC can do. They see a guy that can get us back to yearly 6/7 wins and a whogivesacrap.com bowl invitation seasons and think he's a perfect fit for their preconceived notion of BC football.

The sad thing is, Fr. Leahy seems to share their opinion.

Steve Logan openly admitted that the message from the top to the coaches at BC was win 7-8 games a year and they'd have guaranteed job security. All BC required in return was their loyalty. According to Logan, Jags didn't buy in ... and of course was punished for his infidelity.
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby bcaddict on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:49 pm

I've stayed away from the boards b/c I figured my immediate reaction was not post-worthy, but it remains the same: I'm severely underwhelmed. I obviously hope that this will turn out for the best and I'm far more comfortable with this hire than I was with the Spaz hire, but nonetheless, I remain very much underwhelmed despite my efforts to gin up enthusiasm.
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 pm

I am drinking a JW Blue, which is good; everything else sucks
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I am drinking a JW Blue, which is good; everything else sucks

I compare being a BC fan to my alcoholism, brief moments of sheer joy and euphoria surrounded by long periods of regret and disgust.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Mosi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Like most of you, I'm fucking shocked. I thought it was going to be Diazo, but the questions are:

a) salary is this another cheap out? what was he making at Temple?

b) who were the others in the final consideration. Did they flake? did any of the other job moves today, Ark-Wisc, etc fuck things up? I know there was a ton of talk in the other thread about PCJr, Roman and the other NO guy, but lets face it, there are going to be atleast 4 or 5 NFL jobs open in a few weeks, Hi Norv, don't you think an OC from a high powered offence is going to get a loong look at some of those jobs??

c) ok Addizio, your rep for years has been hot shot recruiter, prove it right the fuck now, get on the plane, on the phone and flip some of these Mass kids who are going to be riding the pine at tOSU, Mich, etc and with our roster, promise plenty of playing time from day one

d) staff, no BC retreads, no Ryan fucking Day, GDF is finaly fucking dead here, we don't need his rim job squad back for seconds

this was an opportunity to put BC football back on the map, while I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, why do I have the feeling that in a couple years you'll need a GPS or LoJack to find BC Football

hey it could be worse, it coulda been Skip Holtz
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I am drinking a JW Blue, which is good; everything else sucks

I compare being a BC fan to my alcoholism, brief moments of sheer joy and euphoria surrounded by long periods of regret and disgust.

We really need to connect.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I cancelled my plans for getting wasted tonight after the 5pm announcement... that's how much this hire disgusted me.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bigmoneysox on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Mosi {l Wrote}:
d) staff, no BC retreads, no Ryan fucking Day, GDF is finaly fucking dead here, we don't need his rim job squad back for seconds

Hate to dissapoint but Ryan Day is coming back
bigmoneysox
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I cancelled my plans for getting wasted tonight after the 5pm announcement... that's how much this hire disgusted me.

I took the opposite approach. I was driving home on the South Bronx and tweeted that if any one was in the are and wanted to go to a bar I was available. I would have treated if you were around. My wife is mad at my because I told her I wanted to get shit face and I told her keep her mouth shut and mind her business.

I didnt find out for about an hour and the 1st two posts I saw were you and TWB and you summed it up well..
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I made the opposite decision.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 pm

bigmoneysox {l Wrote}:
Mosi {l Wrote}:

Hate to dissapoint but Ryan Day is coming back

I am giving up on our athletic dept, it takes too much out of me. I wanted them to clean house and I get this shit.

My new motto:

If they dont care why should I?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby fs33 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:in looking at temples last few seasons, i can at least say that it isn't obvious they've gotten worse. i really can't watch him bring BC's old staff back though, god help us

Umm, I'd say it's pretty obvious. Not only did Temple go 4-7, but they got blown the fuck out in every loss. They lost by an average of 21 points a game. (Hint: worse that BC). Hey, at least they beat Army.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm off to see Springsteen. Hope he rocks the buzz kill out of me.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:
joemack13 {l Wrote}:in looking at temples last few seasons, i can at least say that it isn't obvious they've gotten worse. i really can't watch him bring BC's old staff back though, god help us

Umm, I'd say it's pretty obvious. Not only did Temple go 4-7, but they got blown the fuck out in every loss. They lost by an average of 21 points a game. (Hint: worse that BC). Hey, at least they beat Army.

They had MAC talent in the Big East.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium