this is the prediction thread for the record years from now

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

this is the prediction thread for the record years from now

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio?
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)?
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)?
4. will we make it to the acccg under him?
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)?
6. how will his tenure end?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: this is the prediction thread for the record years from now

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 pm

1. no
2. diaco
3. 8
4. no
5. no
6. fired
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby h2o on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio?
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)?

No
The other Ital
See 3
See 3
Badly
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

1. eh, could have done better
2. diaco
3. 9
4. yes, eventually...
5. possible, yet unlikely
6. fired
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio? = Yes
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)? 10 but it will take 4 or 5 years
4. will we make it to the acccg under him? yes
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)? not sure but I think he gives BC a great chance
most likely as most coaches who stick around do - with down years after the good ala Bicknell
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio? = NO
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)? = Diaco
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)? 8
4. will we make it to the acccg under him? no
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)? hell no
6. how will his tenure end? dismissal
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Hansen - I don't understand the "HANSENPOST" reference - could you illuminate?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio?

1. no, no i do not agree with the decision to hire steve addazio. my issue is not as much with him and what he represents as head coach but more with the staff i assume he will be bringing with him. a staff that has proven itself to be boring on the field, uninspired on the recruiting trail, and ineffective in the locker room.

2. if rumor mongers are to be believed, i believe that diaco fellow from notre dame would have been a more inspired choice to this position

3. i believe that he will win 7 games and a bowl game for 8 total wins in his most successful year as head coach of boston college football

4. in our best year we will finish one game behind the winner of our conference. while that position may seem lofty, the team will have never really had a chance while in season. in addition, the acc will cease to exist in less than 3 years so this question is somewhat moot.

5. the bcs will only exist as we know it for a few more years. this team will continue to underperform in relation to expectation for that period of time.

6. his time will come to an end due to medical reasons and we will all respect his privacy. it will never be revealed that the medical reason is that he has a vagina
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:53 pm

1. No

2. Golden, Diaco, Roman, MacIntyre, Hazell, Sullivan, in that order....then any of a group including PCJ, Kromer, Kingsbury, that guy from Colorado School of Mines, and Christ knows how many others.

3. 5 to 7

4. No

5. No

6. Eventually "retires" after 2-3 awful seasons, 1-2 mediocre ones, and 2 more awful ones
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Hansen - I don't understand the "HANSENPOST" reference - could you illuminate?

it's his signature so it appears at the end of everyone of hansen's messages.

back during his interning days, hansen tried to impress the colored names of this website. he tried to be funny (he is not), he tried to be knowledgable (he is not), he even tried to tell sexy stories (most of them involved men or describing bewbs as feeling like "bags of sand"). when none of these tatics worked, he decided he was going to try to post more often than his other website interns. as noted, his quality lacked passion and direction so he decided to go for quantity over quality.

as a result, he started posting "i agree" or "this" or even "+1" in attempts to pad his postcount without reflecting his lack of originality and wit. it didn't take long for many herein to notice his new approach and his lame efforts soon found themselves referred to as HANSEN POSTs. as a result, even when it wasn't hansen saying "you're right" some joker would quote it and say "HANSEN POST"

eventually hansen learned that he wasn't cut out for the dog-eat-dog world of website interning so he gave up and started making fun of himself as well. he immediately became more liked as a result.

also, he had man woman sex with a girl in edmonds one time. it frightened him so much that he ran away. this run was spotted by the cross country coach who signed him up for the bc team immediately.

hopefully that helps, mrs addazio
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 pm

1. No
2. Someone with fewer ties to the old regime.
3. 8
4. No
5. No
6. Fired after 5 years.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:06 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:2. Someone with fewer ties to the old regime.

this REALLY annoys me. well see if he brings an entirely new staff, but i doubt it.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Hansen - I don't understand the "HANSENPOST" reference - could you illuminate?

back during his interning days, hansen tried to impress the colored names of this website. he tried to be funny (he is not), he tried to be knowledgable (he is not), he even tried to tell sexy stories (most of them involved men or describing bewbs as feeling like "bags of sand"). when none of these tatics worked, he decided he was going to try to post more often than his other website interns. as noted, his quality lacked passion and direction so he decided to go for quantity over quality.

as a result, he started posting "i agree" or "this" or even "+1" in attempts to pad his postcount without reflecting his lack of originality and wit. it didn't take long for many herein to notice his new approach and his lame efforts soon found themselves referred to as HANSEN POSTs. as a result, even when it wasn't hansen saying "you're right" some joker would quote it and say "HANSEN POST"

eventually hansen learned that he wasn't cut out for the dog-eat-dog world of website interning so he gave up and started making fun of himself as well. he immediately became more liked as a result.

also, he had man woman sex with a girl in edmonds one time. it frightened him so much that he ran away. this run was spotted by the cross country coach who signed him up for the bc team immediately.

1. i'm actually funny in real life... as much as you may find that surprising. not joke telling funny but more snarky/witty ; i have yet to translate this to message boardery. hence, my career stalled at message board intern. :shrug
2. what am i not knowledgeable about? THIS IS IMPORTANT
3. oh and btw, fuck you

*i respeck you, weener lover

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby lawrat on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio? No
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)? Paul Peterson, Kingsbury, Diaco, someone young with a point to prove
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)? 8-9 with a 10 win season every now and then
4. will we make it to the acccg under him?Never
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)?Hell no
6. how will his tenure end?Retirement after 10-15 years of bowls every year
lawrat
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:36 pm

1. As a steadying influence and improvement, maybe. As an inspiring hire that says opponents better watch out, no.
2. Why doesn't golden count? I call bullshit.
3. the ACC is a dumpster, so he'll pull off an 8 win regular season at some point. It will be unimpressive of course.
4. Not likely. BC should know its place.
5. Not likely.
6. Droopily.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm

1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio? No.
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)? Roman, Diaco
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)? 7
4. will we make it to the acccg under him? No.
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)? No.
6. how will his tenure end? Fired.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby gaelfu on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 pm

1. No
2. If Diaco and Kromer were really in the final 3, in that order.
3. 7
4. No
5. No
6. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it...
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Can I say thx for the explanation - or does that make me guilty of a HANSENPOST?

Edit: Oh, and Plus 1 for your excellent explanation
Last edited by NotoriousOrange on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 pm

1. No
2. I was going to say Diaco or Davie, but since we can't choose any Bobs, I'll say Ty Godzillingham
3. 7, maybe 8 if 81/HJS are right and we end if in a glorified MAC
4. Not even a division co-championship
5. The only bowl we're going to is the one Frank Spaziani just fell asleep on
6. Fired after year 5
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 pm

1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio? No
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)? Anyone that would have renewed excitement for BC Football. This was as important a PR hire as it was a Football hire because we all know the life was sucked out of the program, especially for any casual fan that would ever consider becoming a BC Fan. I was crapped on for even mentioning Kliff Kingsbury, but this would have brought an excitement to the program, an offensive system that has won at Houston (Air Raid) and A&M (Spread Option). Would have brought the "energy" that national writers are mentioning. At this point, he would have done no worse than Addazio.
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl) 8, because he will become the TOB of the decade, a safe hire that will never get BC over the top
4. will we make it to the acccg under him? No
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)? no
6. how will his tenure end? Retirement from Football after Year 4 or 5
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 pm

I don't think this is a safe hire and I think we'll be lucky to win 8 games at any point during his regime. I'll say he'll win at most 7 games in any one season. So much of it depends on conference affiliation and the quality of opponents.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 pm

1. do you agree with the decision to hire steve addazio?No
2. if not, who do you wish we hired (bob and golden dont count)?Greg Roman
3. what are the most wins he will have in one season (not including a bowl)?8
4. will we make it to the acccg under him?No
5. will he get us to a bcs bowl (or whatever superior system there is down the road)?No
6. how will his tenure end?Like a dumbed down version of TOB. A few 6-8 win seasons and he grows stale, so BB can whiff on a new hire.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bluefishskip on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Safe Hire in that he is not going anywhere.....will improve the bottoming out of the program, and is a name in the football industry, albeit, one as a recruiter where i can't imagine it was hard to recruit talent (UF). At the same time, he was an utter failure as an offensive coordinator. 8 win season on the basis that they play a soft non-conference (go 4-0) then go 4-4 in ACC Play. I think he'll do ok at BC, but wasn't a home run hire where there were many out there for the taking. 8 wins is my peak for him, 6-6 is bowl eligible, so i can see a mix of 6-6, 7-5's on its way.....which is not something anyone is going to care about, another mediocre set of seasons to come
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 am

I have calmed down, will answer now.

1. Hell no.
2. Said Diaco and Roman were the only candidates. Diaco was my favorite.
3. I think he will win 9 once or twice. I actually think the talent level will go up from where it has been for 5-6 years.
4. This is a tough one. I doubt it, but it is possible.
5. No.
6. Retirement.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

1. Hell no.
3. I think he will win 9 once or twice. I actually think the talent level will go up from where it has been for 5-6 years.
5. No.
6. Retirement.

If you think he will win 9 games once or twice then his reign will have been a mild success. It will mean he did a solid rebuild. Or it means we will be playing the likes of UConn, UCF and USF in the Big ACC East.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:36 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

1. Hell no.
5. No.
6. Retirement.

If you think he will win 9 games once or twice then his reign will have been a mild success. It will mean he did a solid rebuild. Or it means we will be playing the likes of UConn, UCF and USF in the Big ACC East.

He's TOB 2.0 sans shitty attitude and with better recruiting. Have to believe that he will get BC in a weak ass ACC back to 7-9 wins per annum. Not my favorite thing in the world, a cap like that, but not terrible.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 am

McClusky's nostalgic retweeting of his original 2012 article on the hiring of Daz, as linked in blogboy's post, inspired me to scan back to some of the December 4, 2012 posts on this board.

WOW.

Bumping this thread not to be a told-you-so jerk, but rather as a reminder of how far we've come from the the-world-is-ending mentality of the Spaz years. If you have a spare 15 minutes, click back to pages 35-33 (starting at 35 obviously), and enjoy. I wish I had the time to copy and paste some of the highlights into this post for everyone's convenience...

I like BC football!

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:50 am

Yikes, I had forgotten how negative I was about this hire at first. It's Really shocking as I remember getting on the Daz train really early. Now I need to look up that other thread to see exactly how long before I changed my opinion.

EDIT. It was 4 months.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13437&start=30#p341124

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Yikes, I had forgotten how negative I was about this hire at first. It's Really shocking as I remember getting on the Daz train really early. Now I need to look up that other thread to see exactly how long before I changed my opinion.

EDIT. It was 4 months.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13437&start=30#p341124

Almost the entire board was ready to burn down Alumni with the news. I think some people softened with the initial press conference the next day and some subsequent media interviews, but this place was a cesspool of despair for a solid 24 hours.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:58 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Yikes, I had forgotten how negative I was about this hire at first. It's Really shocking as I remember getting on the Daz train really early. Now I need to look up that other thread to see exactly how long before I changed my opinion.

EDIT. It was 4 months.

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... 30#p341124

Almost the entire board was ready to burn down Alumni with the news. I think some people softened with the initial press conference the next day and some subsequent media interviews, but this place was a cesspool of despair for a solid 24 hours.

I switched over early, but despite my initial anger and irrational desire for Roman and Diaco, I always thought that this guy was at least TOB.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium