Clifford

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Clifford

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Saw him at the hockey game on crutches and in a walking boot, safe to say he'll be out for a little.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Clifford

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:00 pm

He'd be better off to take some time off and get healthy. He's much better than how he's played this year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 pm

:x
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:He'd be better off to take some time off and get healthy. He's much better than how he's played this year.

I have to agree -- much better to have him fully healthy for the conference season.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby MaroonDog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:39 pm

He should just sit until the NC State Game.
MaroonDog
n00b

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Heard he'll be in the walking boot for another week...just sit him until NCSU. Van Nest is a fine backup.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:47 pm

i went to the fordham harvard game saturday afternoon.

fordhams bigs, a freshman and a sophomore, are better than any 4 or 5 we have.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i went to the fordham harvard game saturday afternoon.

fordhams bigs, a freshman and a sophomore, are better than any 4 or 5 we have.

You haven't seen Ryan Anderson at his best. If you can, rewatch the FIU and Baylor ames where he averages 27 points and 11 rebounds per game.

Also, you haven't seen Dennis Clifford play at his best, b/c he's been hurt all year.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 am

Maybe CAG is classifying him as a 3 but there's no question Pecora's 2 centers are better than our 2, IMO the big difference is in backup. The one issue they have is staying out of foul trouble.

Ironically their starting center (Ryan Canty) is a sophomore out of Danvers. Clifford is a better fit for Donahue's system but Canty showed athleticism Clifford can't dream of (and is what the whalepants would describe as a good fit). It would be interesting to see them go up against each other, as I'm sure they did growing up. Their back up, sort of like Caudill has a little conditioning issue (6-8, 275), but is more of a traditional post up/power around the basket type offensive player, he shows great touch around the hoop. But he's much more advanced offensively than Caudill is even as a SO
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Maybe CAG is classifying him as a 3 but there's no question Pecora's 2 centers are better than our 2, IMO the big difference is in backup. The one issue they have is staying out of foul trouble.

Ironically their starting center (Ryan Canty) is a sophomore out of Danvers. Clifford is a better fit for Donahue's system but Canty showed athleticism Clifford can't dream of (and is what the whalepants would describe as a good fit). It would be interesting to see them go up against each other, as I'm sure they did growing up. Their back up, sort of like Caudill has a little conditioning issue (6-8, 275), but is more of a traditional post up/power around the basket type offensive player, he shows great touch around the hoop. But he's much more advanced offensively than Caudill is even as a SO

Does anyone remember how Clifford looked last year?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Does anyone remember how Clifford looked last year?

Of course. As a FR he looked like/was an ACC player.

I just shudder when we hear of knee issues for a seven footer coming into a season, add onto it a foot/ankle injury (have we had an official diagnosis beyond my EO EXCLUSIVE investigative reporting?). Then, add in the fact that Caudill hasn't progress to the point of being usable in OOC games (ellipsis).

All in all, I think recruiting a 5 or at least a physical 4 is priority #1, #2, & #3
Last edited by claver2010 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Maybe CAG is classifying him as a 3 but there's no question Pecora's 2 centers are better than our 2, IMO the big difference is in backup. The one issue they have is staying out of foul trouble.

Does anyone remember how Clifford looked last year?

he seemed to change from day to day

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 pm

i consider anderson a 3 ideally.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 pm

and yes i remember his last year. im just frustrated. this is year 3. we still have very poor talent. were gonna get shit on in the acc, especially next year with the new additions baring something significant that is unforeseen.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby joemack13 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:03 pm

For me, next year is when i determine whether the Don has succeeded or failed, and I think that would require a winning ACC record. I don't think that's asking too much in year 4
joemack13
Campion Hall

Return to Conte Forum